What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. -- Nietzsche

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* March 4-10: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|`- Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
+* Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|`* Re: Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
| `- Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
`- Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programmingEd Stasiak

1
March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<658411299.699662910.773761.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177859&group=rec.arts.tv#177859

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: March 4-10: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 15:50:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 22:50 UTC

March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, March 4

Divorce Attorney Shin [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Driven by a personal tragedy, a pianist-turned-lawyer navigates the complex
world of divorce--fighting for his clients to win by any means necessary.
Korean series. 12 episodes, with single episodes released on Saturday and
Sunday for six weeks. [Per The Futon Critic; IMDb says 16 episodes.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WNH3slA9mk

https://www.netflix.com/title/81671939

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26225090/

Act Your Age [new] (8 pm, Bounce)

Bernadette, Keisha, and Angela are making the rest of their lives the best
of their lives as roommates in a penthouse Bernadette owns in the DMV. This
comedy looks at what it means to be a woman in the prime of her life trying
to find love, parenting adult children, living with friends, and redefining
what it means to ACT YOUR AGE. 16 episodes; the show's first season will be
split into two halves.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt23730406/

https://www.bouncetv.com/show/act-your-age/57065/

Frozen Planet II (limited series finale) (8 and 9:23 pm,
two episodes, BBC America)

The second episode is a "making of" episode.

Black Girl Missing (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When Cheryl gets into an argument with her daughter Lauren over her desire
to drop out of college, she initially thinks Lauren is simply ignoring her
calls and texts, but Cheryl soon realizes Lauren is missing. While she
attempts to get help from authorities and the media, they quickly dismiss
the case, labeling Lauren as a runaway while they are all too consumed with
another case-­that of a missing white girl. Desperate to find Lauren,
Cheryl and her 15-year-old daughter Marley enlist the help of a dedicated
community of amateur Internet sleuths to try to find Lauren. Cheryl also
discovers the Black and Missing Foundation and is horrified to discover the
disparity in how missing persons of color cases are treated with
significant lack of media attention and law enforcement resources. Stars
Garcelle Beauvais, Iyana Halley, Taylor Mosby, Linda Park, and Cleo Fraser.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/black-girl-missing

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26453917/

RM note: It's good to see that Linda Park has had a decent career:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0971133/

Beyond the Headlines: Black Girl Missing (special)
(10-11 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Two terrifying stories of young black women who go missing and the families
who battle a system stacked against them. With the help of the Black and
Missing Foundation, will they bring their daughters home?

https://www.mylifetime.com/specials/beyond-the-headlines-black-girl-missing

Chris Rock: Selective Outrage (live comedy special) (10 pm,
Netflix)

Rock's second Netflix special is also the streamer's first live stand-up
comedy show. A live pre-show (hosted by Ronny Chieng) begins at 9:30 pm ET,
while an aftershow (hosted by Dana Carvey and David Spade) begins
immediately following Rock's set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eve1ozpvaxQ

Sunday, March 5

Something's Brewing (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

As Jane's life spins out of control, she finds hope and new love in a local
coffee shop. Stars Kristi Murdock and Jason Cook.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22496962/

https://uptv.com/movies/somethings-brewing/

Stranger Next Door (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Medically-retired law enforcement officer Rochelle Sellers, secluded after
a highly-publicized trial where she identified a law enforcement officer in
a crime, spends most of her time working from home, consulting, in hopes
for a new start. After being ostracized by her former department, she lost
everything, and now she resides with her father where she is his primary
caretaker. It’s a lonely life, but Rochelle accepts it. As she settles into
her normalcy, Rochelle’s world is turned around, when a new neighbor moves
in next door. She is instantly fascinated by him. He looks like something
straight out of her dreams. One night she unintentionally gets his
attention, and something happens. The mysterious, sexy, and edgy stranger
becomes interested in her, obsessively so. What started as a fantasy crush
elevates into a dangerous game that risks far more than heartbreak. This
stranger is much more than he seems. Stars Vicky Jeudy, Skyh Alvester
Black, Tim Reid, and Tyra Tucker.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/stranger-next-door

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17519490/

Glitch: The Rise & Fall of HQ Trivia (documentary) (9-11 pm,
CNN)

"When Scott Rogowsky auditioned to be the host of an unreleased online quiz
show called HQ Trivia back in 2017, after a decade of grinding gigs in the
New York City comedy scene, he didn’t think it’d be his ticket to instant
fame."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWlJr2GRo5c

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/03/tech/hq-trivia-film/index.html

Married by Mistake (movie) (9 pm, E!)

After losing her dream job, Riley [Chloe Bennet] gets drunk with Nate
[Blair Penner] and the next morning they find themselves married. Accepting
Nate's proposal they travel to Tennessee to rescue his family's business,
but will they be able to keep up the deception? Also stars Anthony
Konechny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOfLMEBgFKU

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21403538/

When Metal Ruled the 80s: Excess All Areas (special) (9
and 10 pm, two episodes, Reelz)

There appear to be four episodes, two of which have already premiered.

https://www.reelz.com/show/when-metal-ruled-the-80s/

SWV & XSCAPE: The Queens of R&B [new; documentary miniseries;
special time] (9:30 pm, Bravo)

This six-part limited series puts fans in a VIP front-row seat and offers
backstage access to '90s nostalgia as SWV and XSCAPE pull back the curtain
on their personal and professional lives and prepare to hit the stage
together. Regular time is 8 pm beginning next Sunday, March 12.

https://www.bravotv.com/swv-xscape-the-queens-of-rb

Monday, March 6

History of the World, Part II [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

A belated TV series sequel to Mel Brooks' 1981 comedy film History of the
World: Part I, the eight-episode Hulu exclusive will be a similar anthology
of sketches set during a variety of key periods in human history. The
now-96-year-old Brooks is also the creator of the series, serving as writer
and appearing on camera, while his fellow writer-producer-performers
include Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, and Ike Barinholtz. And the rest of the
cast? Here's a random sample of just some of the stars involved: Seth
Rogen, Kumail Nanjiani, Sarah Silverman, Sam Richardson, Jason Mantzoukas,
Lauren Lapkus, Zazie Beetz, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Danny DeVito,
D'Arcy Carden, Pamela Adlon, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Josh Gad, Rob
Corddry, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Poppy Liu, Taika Waititi, and Johnny
Knoxville. Two new episodes stream each day this week through Thursday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jok7jfOUUxI

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/history-of-the-world-part-ii/season-1 [score
67]

9-1-1 (season 6 spring premiere) (8 pm, Fox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Oz8Kh57uI

The Voice (season 23 premiere) (8-10 pm, NBC)

Jared From Subway: Catching a Monster [new; documentary miniseries]
(9 pm to midnight, Investigation Discovery)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tn6TL877S8

Fantasy Island (new time slot) (9 pm, Fox)

Moves from 8 pm.

Perry Mason (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, HBO)

"In booming 1932 Los Angeles, a down-and-out defense attorney takes on the
case of a lifetime."

Season 1 aired in 2020, but today finally brings the launch of season 2,
which centers on the murder of the son of a powerful local oil magnate.
Joining returning stars Matthew Rhys (who plays the titular attorney),
Juliet Rylance (as Della Street), Chris Chalk (as the cop Paul Drake), and
Justin Kirk (now a series regular) are Katherine Waterston, Hope Davis,
Sean Astin, Paul Raci, and Wallace Langham, among others. There are
behind-the-scenes changes too: The Knick creators Jack Amiel and Michael
Begler have taken over as showrunners. Eight episodes broadcast weekly
through April 24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkM_TNfB-gA

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/perry-mason-2020/season-2 [score 74]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2077823/

https://www.hbo.com/perry-mason

Rain Dogs [new] (10 pm, HBO)

From the brilliant new voice of Cash Carraway, RAIN DOGS is an
unconventional love story between a working class single mum, her
10-year-old daughter, and a privileged gay man. The dark comedy stars Daisy
May Cooper, Jack Farthing, Ronke Adekoluejo, Adrian Edmondson and Fleur
Tashjian in her debut role, as a dysfunctional family on the fringes of
society attempting to go straight in a crooked world. A co-production
between HBO and the BBC; eight episodes broadcast weekly through April 24.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<2059284096.699664142.710390.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177861&group=rec.arts.tv#177861

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:22:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 23:22 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, March 4

> Sunday, March 5
>

> Married by Mistake (movie) (9 pm, E!)
>
> After losing her dream job, Riley [Chloe Bennet] gets

It’s Chloe!!!

Isn’t E! The very bottom of the barrel?

drunk with Nate
> [Blair Penner] and the next morning they find themselves married. Accepting
> Nate's proposal

Proposal? They’re already married. And the way this is written it sounds
like Nate’s excepting his own proposal. His own unnecessary proposal.

they travel to Tennessee to rescue his family's business,
> but will they be able to keep up the deception?

What deception? What is this idiot even talking about? Married by mistake.

I told the DVR to record it, but it’s got conflicts and isn’t ever going to
be shown again. Oh well.

> Monday, March 6
>

> History of the World, Part II [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A belated TV series sequel to Mel Brooks' 1981 comedy film History of the
> World: Part I, the eight-episode Hulu exclusive will be a similar anthology
> of sketches set during a variety of key periods in human history. The
> now-96-year-old Brooks is also the creator of the series, serving as writer
> and appearing on camera, while his fellow writer-producer-performers
> include Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes,

Maybe I won’t watch it after all

and Ike Barinholtz. And the rest of the
> cast? Here's a random sample of just some of the stars involved: Seth
> Rogen, Kumail Nanjiani, Sarah Silverman, Sam Richardson, Jason Mantzoukas,
> Lauren Lapkus, Zazie Beetz, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Danny DeVito,
> D'Arcy Carden, Pamela Adlon, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Josh Gad, Rob
> Corddry, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Poppy Liu, Taika Waititi, and Johnny
> Knoxville. Two new episodes stream each day this week through Thursday.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jok7jfOUUxI
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/tv/history-of-the-world-part-ii/season-1 [score
> 67]
>

> Jared From Subway: Catching a Monster [new; documentary miniseries]
> (9 pm to midnight, Investigation Discovery)

Brought to you by Jimmy John’s!

> Rain Dogs [new] (10 pm, HBO)
>
> From the brilliant new voice of Cash Carraway, RAIN DOGS is an
> unconventional love story between a working class single mum, her
> 10-year-old daughter, and a privileged gay man.

That sounds absolutely horrible

> Tuesday, March 7
>

> Love Trip: Paris (season 1 finale) (10 pm, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Wednesday, March 8
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Kung Fu (season 3 finale) (9 pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> Thursday, March 9
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, March 10
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<tu0p86$13ttp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177863&group=rec.arts.tv#177863

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_March_4-10:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 16:54:30 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 00:54 UTC

On 2023-03-04 23:22:59 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Sunday, March 5
>>

>> Married by Mistake (movie) (9 pm, E!)
>>
>> After losing her dream job, Riley [Chloe Bennet] gets
>
> It’s Chloe!!!
>
> Isn’t E! The very bottom of the barrel?

Pretty much, esp. for a flick like this! The ranking for "sappy romance
TV movies" would go something like:

1) Hallmark
2) Lifetime
3) Hallmark M&M
4) [at one time, ABC Family would have gone here, but Squiggle Channel
doesn't do original TV movies at all now!]
5) UP tv
6) Ion
..
..
..
7) E!

;p

> > drunk with Nate
>> [Blair Penner] and the next morning they find themselves married. Accepting
>> Nate's proposal
>
> Proposal? They’re already married. And the way this is written it sounds
> like Nate’s excepting his own proposal. His own unnecessary proposal.

I think they mean, like, "proposition", here.

> > they travel to Tennessee to rescue his family's business,
>> but will they be able to keep up the deception?
>
> What deception? What is this idiot even talking about? Married by mistake.
>
> I told the DVR to record it, but it’s got conflicts and isn’t ever going to
> be shown again. Oh well.

>> Wednesday, March 8
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Kung Fu (season 3 finale) (9 pm, CW)
>
> The C dub must die

This show, certainly!

>> (end)

Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<tu0t7n$148ul$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177870&group=rec.arts.tv#177870

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 18:02:31 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 02:02 UTC

On 2023-03-04 22:50:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, March 4
>

> Black Girl Missing (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When Cheryl gets into an argument with her daughter Lauren over her desire
> to drop out of college, she initially thinks Lauren is simply ignoring her
> calls and texts, but Cheryl soon realizes Lauren is missing. While she
> attempts to get help from authorities and the media, they quickly dismiss
> the case, labeling Lauren as a runaway

FTR, that also happens in most of the Lifetime movies where white girls
go missing too (e.g. the recent "The Girl Who Escaped...").

> while they are all too consumed with
> another case-­that of a missing white girl. Desperate to find Lauren,
> Cheryl and her 15-year-old daughter Marley enlist the help of a dedicated
> community of amateur Internet sleuths to try to find Lauren. Cheryl also
> discovers the Black and Missing Foundation and is horrified to discover the
> disparity in how missing persons of color cases are treated with
> significant lack of media attention and law enforcement resources. Stars
> Garcelle Beauvais, Iyana Halley, Taylor Mosby, Linda Park, and Cleo Fraser.
>
> RM note: It's good to see that Linda Park has had a decent career:
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0971133/

I've decided to give this one a pass, as I don't feel like a "message
movie" tonight.

> Sunday, March 5
>

> Something's Brewing (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> As Jane's life spins out of control, she finds hope and new love in a local
> coffee shop. Stars Kristi Murdock and Jason Cook.

Someone let Murdock headline a romance, huh?

> Stranger Next Door (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Medically-retired law enforcement officer Rochelle Sellers, secluded after
> a highly-publicized trial where she identified a law enforcement officer in
> a crime, spends most of her time working from home, consulting, in hopes
> for a new start. After being ostracized by her former department, she lost
> everything, and now she resides with her father where she is his primary
> caretaker. It’s a lonely life, but Rochelle accepts it. As she settles into
> her normalcy, Rochelle’s world is turned around, when a new neighbor moves
> in next door. She is instantly fascinated by him. He looks like something
> straight out of her dreams. One night she unintentionally gets his
> attention, and something happens. The mysterious, sexy, and edgy stranger
> becomes interested in her, obsessively so. What started as a fantasy crush
> elevates into a dangerous game that risks far more than heartbreak. This
> stranger is much more than he seems. Stars Vicky Jeudy, Skyh Alvester
> Black, Tim Reid, and Tyra Tucker.

I like Tim Reid, but...

> Married by Mistake (movie) (9 pm, E!)
>
> After losing her dream job, Riley [Chloe Bennet] gets drunk with Nate
> [Blair Penner] and the next morning they find themselves married. Accepting
> Nate's proposal they travel to Tennessee to rescue his family's business,
> but will they be able to keep up the deception? Also stars Anthony
> Konechny.

I'll Anim try to tackle this one...

> Monday, March 6
>

> History of the World, Part II [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A belated TV series sequel to Mel Brooks' 1981 comedy film History of the
> World: Part I, the eight-episode Hulu exclusive will be a similar anthology
> of sketches set during a variety of key periods in human history. The
> now-96-year-old Brooks is also the creator of the series, serving as writer
> and appearing on camera, while his fellow writer-producer-performers
> include Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, and Ike Barinholtz. And the rest of the
> cast? Here's a random sample of just some of the stars involved: Seth
> Rogen, Kumail Nanjiani, Sarah Silverman, Sam Richardson, Jason Mantzoukas,
> Lauren Lapkus, Zazie Beetz, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Danny DeVito,
> D'Arcy Carden, Pamela Adlon, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Josh Gad, Rob
> Corddry, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Poppy Liu, Taika Waititi, and Johnny
> Knoxville. Two new episodes stream each day this week through Thursday.

Maybe?...

> Fantasy Island (new time slot) (9 pm, Fox)
>
> Moves from 8 pm.

I still haven't set eyes on season #2 (though I will be able to easily
pull it off Hulu if I ever decide to...).

> Tuesday, March 7
>

> The Winchesters (season 1 finale) (8 pm, CW)

Another almost certain "series finale"!

> Wednesday, March 8
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Kung Fu (season 3 finale) (9 pm, CW)

It's dead, Jim!! ;)

> Thursday, March 9
>

> Streaming:
>

> School Spirits [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Peyton List heads the cast of a YA drama (adapted from a yet-to-be-released
> graphic novel) set in a high school ... in the afterlife. Eight episodes;
> two are released today, while the remainder follow weekly through April 20.

Another show I might have watched if it wasn't on Pee+...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Her Study of a Killer (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Ellie must uncover who is trying to use her high school secrets against her
> before she loses her family forever. Stars Natasha Wilson, Tyler Courtad,
> Jenna Michno and Shannon Gallagher.

Sure. And I like Natasha Wilson.

> Friday, March 10
>

> Streaming:
>

> Moonshine [new to US] (12:01 am, Amazon Freevee)
>
> Moonshine is a raucous 45-minute dramedy that tells the story of the
> Finley-Cullens, a dysfunctional family of adult half-siblings battling to
> take control over the family business. Eight-episode seasons one and two
> were released in Canada in 2021 and 2022 respectively; apparently both
> seasons will be available on Freevee. A third season has been ordered by
> CBC.

Meh - this needed a cast I actually cared about if they wanted me to
watch it...

> Luther: The Fallen Sun (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The feature film continuation of the British TV series Luther finds a
> gruesome serial killer terrorizing London while brilliant but disgraced
> detective John Luther (Idris Elba) sits behind bars. Haunted by his failure
> to capture the cyber psychopath who now taunts him, Luther decides to break
> out of prison to finish the job by any means necessary.
>
> Idris Elba returns for a standalone feature film continuation of the BBC
> crime drama series Luther. Also returning from the series is Dermot
> Crowley, while newcomers include Cynthia Erivo and Andy Serkis. The film
> will also play in theaters beginning February 24. 2h 9m.

OK, serious question here: I've never watched *any* "Luther" before -
Should I watch this? Or just try to watch the whole series first, at
some point?

> Most Dangerous Game: New York (complete season 2) (3:01
> am, The Roku Channel)
>
> The object of the game is to stay alive; the one-time Quibi series

With season #1 later being edited into a movie, yeah?!...

> returns
> with a new Roku-exclusive second season. David Castañeda, Christoph Waltz
> and Anna Gunn star. 13 episodes?

Uh, OK?...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> A Lifeguard's Obsession (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When a lonely, awkward lifeguard saves a well-known woman from drowning, he
> believes he’s earned a place in her life … and her heart. Stars Amanda
> Jones and Christian Howard. Not on IMDb. Amanda Jones was in "My Diary of
> Lies" on LMN last Thursday.

Yeah, sure.

BTW, you can thank *me* for "fixing" IMDb's entry for "My Diary of
Lies"! - You're welcome!

> (end)

Re: Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<tu128d$17d1h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177877&group=rec.arts.tv#177877

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Re:_March_4-10:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 03:28:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 03:28 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-03-04 22:50:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

>>March 4-10: Robin's selected programming

>>Luther: The Fallen Sun (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

>>The feature film continuation of the British TV series Luther finds a
>>gruesome serial killer terrorizing London while brilliant but disgraced
>>detective John Luther (Idris Elba) sits behind bars. Haunted by his failure
>>to capture the cyber psychopath who now taunts him, Luther decides to break
>>out of prison to finish the job by any means necessary.

>>Idris Elba returns for a standalone feature film continuation of the BBC
>>crime drama series Luther. Also returning from the series is Dermot
>>Crowley, while newcomers include Cynthia Erivo and Andy Serkis. The film
>>will also play in theaters beginning February 24. 2h 9m.

>OK, serious question here: I've never watched *any* "Luther" before -
>Should I watch this? Or just try to watch the whole series first, at
>some point?

No Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson), so I suppose. Martin Schenck (Dermot
Crowley) appears on every episode, I think. There's a bit of continuity.
You won't know why Luther was suspended this time.

If you can ignore Indira Varma, series 1 is excellent.

>>. . .

Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<1541346420.699680484.752428.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177881&group=rec.arts.tv#177881

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 21:20:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 04:20 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-03-04 22:50:53 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>>> March 4-10: Robin's selected programming
>
>>> Luther: The Fallen Sun (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
>>> The feature film continuation of the British TV series Luther finds a
>>> gruesome serial killer terrorizing London while brilliant but disgraced
>>> detective John Luther (Idris Elba) sits behind bars. Haunted by his failure
>>> to capture the cyber psychopath who now taunts him, Luther decides to break
>>> out of prison to finish the job by any means necessary.
>
>>> Idris Elba returns for a standalone feature film continuation of the BBC
>>> crime drama series Luther. Also returning from the series is Dermot
>>> Crowley, while newcomers include Cynthia Erivo and Andy Serkis. The film
>>> will also play in theaters beginning February 24. 2h 9m.
>
>> OK, serious question here: I've never watched *any* "Luther" before -
>> Should I watch this? Or just try to watch the whole series first, at
>> some point?
>
> No Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson), so I suppose. Martin Schenck (Dermot
> Crowley) appears on every episode, I think. There's a bit of continuity.
> You won't know why Luther was suspended this time.
>
> If you can ignore Indira Varma, series 1 is excellent.

Fgvyy vf. Vg jnf jryy jbegu vg gb jngpu ure qvr. Naq gb jngpu ure fzneg bss
gb ure xvyyre gb or.

>>> . . .

Re: March 4-10: Robin’s selected programming

<f2b4ec1b-b375-4820-bf6d-0b45e723b539n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177899&group=rec.arts.tv#177899

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 04:07:56 -0800 (PST)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:07 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Monday, March 6
>
> History of the World, Part II [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A belated TV series sequel to Mel Brooks' 1981 comedy film History of the
> World: Part I, the eight-episode Hulu exclusive will be a similar anthology
> of sketches set during a variety of key periods in human history. The
> now-96-year-old Brooks is also the creator of the series, serving as writer
> and appearing on camera, while his fellow writer-producer-performers
> include Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, and Ike Barinholtz. And the rest of the
> cast? Here's a random sample of just some of the stars involved: Seth
> Rogen, Kumail Nanjiani, Sarah Silverman, Sam Richardson, Jason Mantzoukas,
> Lauren Lapkus, Zazie Beetz, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio, Danny DeVito,
> D'Arcy Carden, Pamela Adlon, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Josh Gad, Rob
> Corddry, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Poppy Liu, Taika Waititi, and Johnny
> Knoxville. Two new episodes stream each day this week through Thursday.

I'd be cool if this is funny but it probably won't be... Mel Brooks though
seems to be in great shape for a guy who is almost 100 years old.

> Friday, March 10
>
> Luther: The Fallen Sun (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The feature film continuation of the British TV series Luther finds a
> gruesome serial killer terrorizing London while brilliant but disgraced
> detective John Luther (Idris Elba) sits behind bars. Haunted by his failure
> to capture the cyber psychopath who now taunts him, Luther decides to break
> out of prison to finish the job by any means necessary.
>
> Idris Elba returns for a standalone feature film continuation of the BBC
> crime drama series Luther. Also returning from the series is Dermot
> Crowley, while newcomers include Cynthia Erivo and Andy Serkis. The film
> will also play in theaters beginning February 24. 2h 9m.

This was a good British cop/detective tv series.