From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: [NEWS] "Greenland: Migration" in development (sequel, sci-fi action thriller)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 09:05:17 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:05 UTC

From ComingSoon.net ...

Greenland 2 in the Works with Gerard Butler & Morena Baccarin to Return
According to Deadline, Thunder Road Pictures is currently in the
process of developing a follow-up feature to last year's sci-fi action
thriller Greenland, which will be titled Greenland: Migration. Director
Ric Roman Waugh will once again direct the sequel, reuniting him with
the first film's writer Chris Sparling. In addition, lead stars Gerard
Butler (300) and Morena Baccarin (Deadpool films) are both attached to
reprise their roles as husband and wife, John and Allison Garrity.

The 2020 film was one of the many releases that got delayed last year
due to the ongoing pandemic. Because of this, it eventually shifted
its U.S. debut from theatrical release to digital release. However,
Greenland still managed to hit theaters in international markets such
as Germany and France, where it earned a worldwide gross of over
$50 million.

Greenland: Migration will continue to follow the story of the Garrity
family, who survive a near-extinction level event when an interstellar
comet hits the earth, who must leave the safety of the Greenland
bunker and embark on a perilous journey across the decimated frozen
wasteland of Europe to find a new home.

The sequel is expected to begin its production in 2022. It will be
produced by Butler and Alan Siegel through their G-BASE banner along
with Thunder Road's Basil Iwanyk and Brendon Boyea. Anton will
finance the film and will have control over all rights, with Anton's
Sebastien Raybaud and John Zois set as producers.

This project will mark the latest collaboration between Butler and
Waugh, who previously worked on Angel Has Fallen and is also
currently working together on the upcoming fourth installment of the
Has Fallen film series titled Night Has Fallen.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1178198-greenland-2-in-the-works>

Re: [NEWS] "Greenland: Migration" in development (sequel, sci-fi action thriller)

<1pkhcg1q303drna29l859i0d33sqoiqoc9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#179

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 09:20:37 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:20 UTC

Is it just me, or do Butler's films seem to be on a downward track to
anybody else?

--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

arts / rec.arts.sf.movies / [NEWS] "Greenland: Migration" in development (sequel, sci-fi action thriller)