Once you've tried to change the world you find it's a whole bunch easier to change your mind.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices were $3.99-$6.99

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices wereanim8rfsk
`- Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices were $3.99-$6.99shawn

1
Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices were $3.99-$6.99

<1718447227.700045334.601048.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178285&group=rec.arts.tv#178285

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices were
$3.99-$6.99
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 02:09:45 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 09:09 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 22:21:11 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>> https://pbase.com/andersonrm/image/173452334
>
> CNN:
>
> Between January 2022 and January 2023, groceries got 11.3% more
> expensive. Many food companies are forecasting that they might slow down
> or pause price increases — but not lower them.

The Kikkomen tempura sauce I cook with was $2.50 a bottle two years ago.
Now it’s $18 a bottle (and that’s the best price I could find).

Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices were $3.99-$6.99

<8ibj0i5kf0jn5ks41o7dc720s6fcige42j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178289&group=rec.arts.tv#178289

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Bidenflation rolls on. Two years ago, these prices were $3.99-$6.99
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 05:03:12 -0500
 by: shawn - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 10:03 UTC

On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 02:09:45 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at 22:21:11 UTC-5, RichA wrote:
>>> https://pbase.com/andersonrm/image/173452334
>>
>> CNN:
>>
>> Between January 2022 and January 2023, groceries got 11.3% more
>> expensive. Many food companies are forecasting that they might slow down
>> or pause price increases — but not lower them.
>>

>The Kikkomen tempura sauce I cook with was $2.50 a bottle two years ago.
>Now it’s $18 a bottle (and that’s the best price I could find).

Seems to be a local pricing issue as a quick look on shopping on the
Google meister shows multiple sites selling it from $3-5 per bottle.
The higher priced $16-24 are for three bottle packages. So it's
definitely still available for a more reasonable price. Don't know how
your local store is justifying that $18 price or why anyone would buy
it at that price.