Quod erat demonstrandum. [Thus it is proven. For those who wondered WTF QED means.]

arts / rec.arts.tv / March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* March 15-17: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected programmingEd Stasiak
|`- Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
`- Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

<32761693.700287876.509754.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178560&group=rec.arts.tv#178560

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: March 15-17: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 21:26:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 04:26 UTC

March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

Wednesday, March 15

Streaming:

Ted Lasso (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

The third and likely final season of Apple's biggest hit finds AFC Richmond
navigating a tougher schedule in the Premier League. New cast members
include Jodi Balfour (For All Mankind). 12 episodes released weekly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR9yjn7Lkdg

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/ted-lasso/season-3 [score 71]

The Law of the Jungle [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Twelve people abandoned in the jungle must work as a team, or sabotage each
other for a cut of a jackpot. Every player has their price what's yours?
Mexican series.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81385072

Money Shot: The Pornhub Story (documentary) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/81406118

Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts (complete season 2)
(3:01 am, Disney+)

Get personal with Robin Roberts as she returns for another season of
intimate conversations with multiple generations of Hollywood's most
inspiring women. Each episode is a profound and insightful discussion that
bears witness to incredible journeys of self-actualization.

Broadcast and cable:

Sistas (season 5 finale) (9 pm, BET)

Grown-ish (season 5 finale; season 6 ordered) (10:30 pm,
Freeform)

Thursday, March 16

Streaming:

Shadow and Bone (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Dark forces conspire against orphan mapmaker Alina Starkov when she
unleashes an extraordinary power that could change the fate of her war-torn
world in a series based on Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse novels. In season 2,
Alina and Mal search for creatures that will help amplify her powers as
they gather allies to save Ravka. 8 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dOmcdz-PN0

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2403776/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80236319

Still Time [Era ora] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

In this time-jumping dramedy, a workaholic who's always in a rush now wants
life to slow down when he finds himself leaping ahead a year every few
hours. Italian film; 1h 49m.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15654800/

https://www.netflix.com/title/81660233

Queens Court [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Peacock)

Love and happiness aren’t always a guarantee­ and for many women in the
public eye, finding a man who can handle her success, fame, and fortune can
make things even more complicated. With QUEENS COURT, mega producer Will
Packer brings together 3 famous, single women for an epic new dating series
starring Tamar Braxton, Evelyn Lozada, and Nivea. Hollywood power couple
Holly Robinson Peete and Rodney Peete host the 10-episode series, guiding
the Queens through the ups and downs of dating 21 confident and successful
prospective suitors while the Queens develop a sisterhood supporting each
other on their quests to find a King fit for a Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCaqoWZPqeo

Broadcast and cable:

Spring Break Nightmare (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

Kayla and Ally are the best of friends when they’re not competing against
each other in the Global Surf Association. They decide to take a spring
break trip with friends to a beach paradise. Kayla has “acted out” since
her father’s death, but her mother could never imagine that Kayla would
just vanish! Upon arriving on the island with Kayla’s boyfriend Nick to
start the search for her, Michelle struggles to get any help. As her hope
dwindles, Michelle receives an anonymous ransom note and a video… Kayla has
been kidnapped! As Michelle works to handle the kidnappers’ demands and
threats and get her daughter back safely, she uncovers the horrible truth
that she and Kayla may have been betrayed by those closest to her… her
win-at-all-costs-BFF Ally or her gambling addict boyfriend Nick, both of
whom were well aware of the large inheritance left to Kayla. Stars Kristi
Murdock, Kalen Bull, Grace Patterson, Mike Markoff, Michael Bonini, Lauren
Faulkner and Derek McDonnell.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/spring-break-nightmare

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14698504/

Good Trouble (season 5 premiere) (10 pm, Freeform)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqXYshrWFsQ

Friday, March 17

Streaming:

Angel Flight [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)

From the star: “I will be playing a hearse transporter between
international borders bringing bodies and mortal remains back to the
bereaved families,” the actress wrote. “It is a story of the people who
work hard to serve those who pass away while abroad, and give the bereaved
a chance for a final farewell." Japanese series?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt19265256/ [stub only]

https://www.8days.sg/seeanddo/streamit/ryoko-yonekura-first-look-angel-flight-686356

Class of '07 [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Prime
Video)

This eight-part Australian comedy series is set at the 10-year reunion of
an all-girls high school when a tsunami strikes, forcing the women to fight
for their survival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl8uVl1TO_Q

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14671640/

Dom (complete season 2) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

Follows Victor, a police officer who dedicated his life to fight the
narcotraffic war and to help his son Pedro, a drug addict who became one of
the most wanted criminals in Brazil. Brazilian series; 8 episodes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Kc26zQukc

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13354188/

Sin Huellas [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Prime
Video)

Two women end up as suspects of a murder whose crime scene they had just
cleaned up. Spanish series; 8 episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15463246/

Swarm [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Prime Video)

From Janine Nabers and Donald Glover, Swarm follows Dre (Dominique
Fishback), a young woman whose obsession with a pop star takes a dark turn.
7 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDHxie2QcJI

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14961048/

Extrapolations [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

Created by frequent Steven Soderbergh screenwriter Scott Z. Burns
(Contagion), Apple's episodic anthology series features interconnecting
stories revolving around a common theme: climate change and its numerous
effects on the planet and various aspects of human life. There are plenty
of big names to be found in the cast, starting with Meryl Streep and also
including, to name just some, Edward Norton, Forest Whitaker, Sienna
Miller, Kit Harington, Marion Cotillard, Tobey Maguire, Michael Gandolfini,
Diane Lane, Murray Bartlett, David Schwimmer, Daveed Diggs, Judd Hirsch,
and Gemma Chan, plus a mini The Americans reunion of Keri Russell and
Matthew Rhys. The first three (of eight) episodes stream today; the
remainder follow once weekly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QP-xrG0kZk

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/extrapolations/season-1 [score 66]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13821126/

Monster Factory [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Apple
TV+)

"Monster Factory" is the story of misfit dreamers at a wrestling school on
the outskirts of a gritty New Jersey factory town who, with the help of
their tough yet loving coach, fight for their big break as professional
wrestlers. Six episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsCo2dOKwSM

Boston Strangler (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)

Keira Knightley and Carrie Coon star as journalists tracking the Boston
Strangler killings in the 1960s in this based-on-a-true-story Hulu drama
from Matt Ruskin (Crown Heights).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLF9OeM4ZfY

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2560078/

Agent Elvis [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Matthew McConaughey voices Elvis Presley—who moonlights as a secret
government spy—in Netflix's Archer-esque adult animated comedy series. Also
lending their voices to the project are Johnny Knoxville, Kaitlin Olson,
Tom Kenny, Don Cheadle, and Niecy Nash, while guests include Ed Helms,
Chris Elliot, Fred Armisen, Ego Nwodim, Simon Pegg, Christina Hendricks,
Jason Mantzoukas, Craig Robinson, Kieran Culkin, and Priscilla Presley,
voicing herself. The latter is also credited as a co-creator on the series
alongside musician John Eddie, while former Archer writer Mike Arnold
serves as showrunner and head writer. 10 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCk3wHGJ3qs

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10814036/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80240585

Dance 100 [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

In this epic street dance competition, hosted by Ally Love eight
accomplished dancers will compete to prove that they are the next superstar
choreographer. Using 100 of the world's best dancers known as the Dance
100, the contestants must create, produce, and perform in group dance
performances that will grow on a massive scale as competition continues.
The members of the Dance 100 will hold the power of elimination after each
performance, and in the end only one will be crowned the next superstar
choreographer! Six episodes.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

<1753389356.700306443.536839.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178568&group=rec.arts.tv#178568

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 02:50:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 09:50 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Wednesday, March 15
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Grown-ish (season 5 finale; season 6 ordered) (10:30 pm,
> Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Thursday, March 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Still Time [Era ora] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> In this time-jumping dramedy, a workaholic who's always in a rush now wants
> life to slow down when he finds himself leaping ahead a year every few
> hours. Italian film; 1h 49m.

Maybe, just because “time travel”

> Queens Court [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> Love and happiness aren’t always a guarantee­ and for many women in the
> public eye, finding a man who can handle her success, fame, and fortune can
> make things even more complicated. With QUEENS COURT, mega producer Will
> Packer brings together 3 famous, single women for an epic new dating series
> starring Tamar Braxton, Evelyn Lozada, and Nivea.

Famous?

Hollywood power couple
> Holly Robinson Peete

I hate that worthless lying bitch. I am out.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Good Trouble (season 5 premiere) (10 pm, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Friday, March 17

CORNED BEEF!!

> Streaming:
>

> Angel Flight [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> From the star: “I will be playing a hearse transporter between
> international borders bringing bodies and mortal remains back to the
> bereaved families,” the actress wrote. “It is a story of the people who
> work hard to serve those who pass away while abroad, and give the bereaved
> a chance for a final farewell." Japanese series?

What actress? What star?

> Boston Strangler (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Keira Knightley and Carrie Coon star as journalists tracking the Boston
> Strangler killings in the 1960s in this based-on-a-true-story Hulu drama
> from Matt Ruskin (Crown Heights).

I think this is going to be a serious mess but I’ll take a look because
Kiara.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> BMF (season 2 finale; season 3 ordered) (8 pm, Starz)

Nobody gets Starz!!!

> Power Book II: Ghost (season 3 premiere; special time) (9
> pm, Starz)

Ditto!!!

> (end)

Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

<53c5063f-9c8f-44ea-8130-664c382c5845n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178579&group=rec.arts.tv#178579

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 06:29:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_March_15-17:_Robin’s_selected_programming
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 13:29 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Extrapolations [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> anthology series features interconnecting stories revolving around
> a common theme: climate change

I'm guessing "Exploitations" might be a more accurate title...

> Boston Strangler (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Keira Knightley and Carrie Coon star as journalists tracking the Boston
> Strangler killings in the 1960s in this based-on-a-true-story Hulu drama
> from Matt Ruskin (Crown Heights).

Might be cool, I like historical settings.

> BMF (season 2 finale; season 3 ordered) (8 pm, Starz)

I never got past the first few episodes of the first season, despite it being
set in Detroit.

Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

<1444302158.700325233.766560.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178583&group=rec.arts.tv#178583

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 07:57:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 14:57 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk
>>
>> Extrapolations [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> anthology series features interconnecting stories revolving around
>> a common theme: climate change
>
> I'm guessing "Exploitations" might be a more accurate title...

Robin posted this on the Facebook and the Facebook tagged it with a CLICK
HERE TO LEARN ALL ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING THE TRUTH FROM FACEBOOK CLICK CLICK
CLICK notice

>> Boston Strangler (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>
>> Keira Knightley and Carrie Coon star as journalists tracking the Boston
>> Strangler killings in the 1960s in this based-on-a-true-story Hulu drama
>> from Matt Ruskin (Crown Heights).
>
> Might be cool, I like historical settings.
>
>> BMF (season 2 finale; season 3 ordered) (8 pm, Starz)
>
> I never got past the first few episodes of the first season, despite it being
> set in Detroit.

Re: March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming

<tul43s$35s5u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178600&group=rec.arts.tv#178600

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 11:02:36 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 18:02 UTC

On 2023-03-12 04:26:57 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> March 15-17: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Wednesday, March 15
>

> Streaming:
>

> Ted Lasso (season 3 premiere) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> The third and likely final season of Apple's biggest hit finds AFC Richmond
> navigating a tougher schedule in the Premier League. New cast members
> include Jodi Balfour (For All Mankind). 12 episodes released weekly.

Eventually I will get to this, probably after all of the episodes have
dropped...

> Money Shot: The Pornhub Story (documentary) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81406118

Really?! [roll]

> Thursday, March 16
>

> Streaming:
>

> Shadow and Bone (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Dark forces conspire against orphan mapmaker Alina Starkov when she
> unleashes an extraordinary power that could change the fate of her war-torn
> world in a series based on Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse novels. In season 2,
> Alina and Mal search for creatures that will help amplify her powers as
> they gather allies to save Ravka. 8 episodes.

Well, effectively, I've kept the Netflix until this showed up. So I
will watch this, hopefully before the end of March, and then drop the
Netflix!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Spring Break Nightmare (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Kayla and Ally are the best of friends when they’re not competing against
> each other in the Global Surf Association. They decide to take a spring
> break trip with friends to a beach paradise. Kayla has “acted out” since
> her father’s death, but her mother could never imagine that Kayla would
> just vanish! Upon arriving on the island with Kayla’s boyfriend Nick to
> start the search for her, Michelle struggles to get any help. As her hope
> dwindles, Michelle receives an anonymous ransom note and a video… Kayla has
> been kidnapped! As Michelle works to handle the kidnappers’ demands and
> threats and get her daughter back safely, she uncovers the horrible truth
> that she and Kayla may have been betrayed by those closest to her… her
> win-at-all-costs-BFF Ally or her gambling addict boyfriend Nick, both of
> whom were well aware of the large inheritance left to Kayla. Stars Kristi
> Murdock, Kalen Bull, Grace Patterson, Mike Markoff, Michael Bonini, Lauren
> Faulkner and Derek McDonnell.

Oh, HELL, yeah!! :)

> Good Trouble (season 5 premiere) (10 pm, Freeform)

Why the F**K is this POS show still airing?!?!!

> Friday, March 17
>

> Streaming:
>

> Class of '07 [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Prime
> Video)
>
> This eight-part Australian comedy series is set at the 10-year reunion of
> an all-girls high school when a tsunami strikes, forcing the women to fight
> for their survival.

Add to the list! - "As a movie? Yes. As a TV series? Nope!"

> Swarm [new; complete season 1] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> From Janine Nabers and Donald Glover, Swarm follows Dre (Dominique
> Fishback), a young woman whose obsession with a pop star takes a dark turn.
> 7 episodes.

Wait, so this is different from "The Swarm" international TV series, isn't it?!

> Boston Strangler (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Keira Knightley and Carrie Coon star as journalists tracking the Boston
> Strangler killings in the 1960s in this based-on-a-true-story Hulu drama
> from Matt Ruskin (Crown Heights).

Meh. I even get Hulu, but will probably give this a pass...

> In His Shadow [Le Roi des Ombres] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After the death of their father, two half-brothers find themselves on
> opposite sides of an escalating conflict with tragic consequences. French
> film; 1h 29m.

Huh?!

> Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, With Dave Letterman
> (special) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Letterman travels to Dublin to hang out with the U2 twosome. If there's a
> recap on U Talkin' U2 to Me?, we'll be happy.

Oh, Gawd... [roll]

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Nanny Dearest (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After receiving fertile eggs from a donor, Rebecca and Caleb are finally
> able to have a child and start a family. Several years later, a strange
> woman appears in their life and is oddly drawn to their daughter. The egg
> donor has returned-­and she wants what is “rightfully” hers. Stars Kayleigh
> Anne Ruller, Liz Fenning, and CJ Hammond.

Liz Fenning = yes!

> Not on IMDb.

Yeah, that is one thing I haven't figured out how to do - I know how to
"fix" an existing entry, and even how to add a missing role to an
actor's entry, but I have no idea how to add a new movie or TV show to
IMDb. (And, with my luck, they'd just reject any attempts at additions
I would make anyway!)