Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Subject: Hollywood Erects Walls With Armed Security To Keep Stars Free Of LA Crime For Oscars
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 15:01:55 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 19:01 UTC

Hollywood once again showed its hypocrisy over the weekend when it
erected huge walls with armed security to keep the stars free of the
crime in Los Angeles for the televised 2023 Oscars.

In pictures that could be seen on various photo websites, ten-foot high
fences and barricades of all kinds can be seen lining Hollywood
Boulevard around the Dolby Theater in an attempt to keep the
celebrities-attending the 95th Academy Awards free of fans or those
that possibly wished them harm.

The blockades went down one block of the famous boulevard between
Highland Ave. and North Orange Dr. across the street from the El
Capitan Theater, Breitbart.com reported.

Some of the images below show the giant metal fences and armed security
stationed throughout the area.

https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Oscars-Wall-1800x1200.jpg

One description read, �Fans are gathered behind the barriers take a
chance to see celebrities ahead of 95th Oscars on Hollywood Blvd in Los
Angeles, California, United States on March 12, 2023.�

https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Oscars-Wall-1-1800x1200.jpg

Another description, �Giant barriers are seen on Hollywood Blvd ahead
of 95th Oscars in Los Angeles, California, United States on March 12,
2023.�

In the photo below, the armed security is clearly visible in the area
walled off.

https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Oscars-Wall-2-1800x1200.jpg

In 2019, The Hollywood Reporter noted the security steps the city was
taking for the annual awards show.

�We will deploy enough officers to ensure the safety of all the
citizens and Oscar attendees,� a Los Angeles Police Department
spokesperson told the outlet at the time. �We hope for the best and are
prepared for the worst.�

During former President Donald Trump�s presidency, many celebrities
were very vocal in opposition of his plans to build a wall along the
southern border. But given the kind of security we see brought out each
year, the stars seem to be fine with walls being put up in order to
ensure their safety.

In 2019, actor Javier Bardem used his time as presenter to voice such
criticism.

�There are no borders or walls that can restrain ingenuity and talent,�
Bardem said in Spanish before giving out the award for Best Foreign
Language Film, Breitbart noted.

And celebrities hypocrisy when it comes to gun rights in America have
also been well noted by such people as the Daily Wire�s Andrew Klavan.
His comments can be seen in a video clip here.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Hollywood Erects Walls With Armed Security To Keep Stars Free Of LA Crime For Oscars

<uY2cnfDMVPV_F435nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178802&group=rec.arts.tv#178802

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Subject: Re: Hollywood Erects Walls With Armed Security To Keep Stars
Free Of LA Crime For Oscars
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:55:30 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:55 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> Hollywood once again showed its hypocrisy over the weekend when it
> erected huge walls with armed security to keep the stars free of the
> crime in Los Angeles for the televised 2023 Oscars.

But... but... but... walls don't work and are racist!