Everyone is more or less mad on one point. -- Rudyard Kipling

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

SubjectAuthor
* Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy KimmUbiquitous
+* Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing SomeoneRhino
|`* Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeinganim8rfsk
| `* Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of SeeingAdam H. Kerman
|  `* Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Ian J. Ball
|   `- Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy A Friend
`- Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeinganim8rfsk

1
Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<tuplbZ$a382$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178912&group=rec.arts.tv#178912

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Subject: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 07:21:09 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 11:21 UTC

U.S. � Ratings for the 95th Academy Awards skyrocketed this year, as
millions tuned in hoping to see Jimmy Kimmel get slapped on live
television.

"We have never seen such a tremendous spike in ratings," said ABC
producer Lena Wright. "Jimmy Kimmel potentially being smacked in the
face has remarkable, unparalleled appeal. It crosses every single
demographic."

Despite the Academy Awards' reputation for being a collection of
morality lectures from depraved lunatics, the possibility of a guy
slapping Jimmy Kimmel was enough to prompt millions to turn on the TV.
"I've never once had the slightest interest in watching the Oscars,"
said Ohio native Lennie Finley. "But my wife said there's a real chance
that Jimmy Kimmel will get an open-hand wallop right in the middle of
the whole deal. I had no idea that was part of the Oscars! I wouldn't
miss that for the world."

According to sources, the Academy spent months laboring to decide who
America would most like to see slapped on stage. "We had many strong
contenders, such as Jim Carrey and LeBron James," said Ms. Wright.
"Alec Baldwin was on the shortlist, but I'm not ready to die. In the
end, we hit an absolute grand slam picking Jimmy Kimmel."

At publishing time, the nation's excitement had reached a fever pitch
after Will Smith had reportedly been spotted sneaking into the Oscars,
ironically disguised with a bald cap.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<tusjno$t5eo$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178931&group=rec.arts.tv#178931

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Subject: Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone
Slap Jimmy Kimmel
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:12:07 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:12 UTC

On 2023-03-12 7:21 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> U.S. — Ratings for the 95th Academy Awards skyrocketed this year, as
> millions tuned in hoping to see Jimmy Kimmel get slapped on live
> television.
>
> "We have never seen such a tremendous spike in ratings," said ABC
> producer Lena Wright. "Jimmy Kimmel potentially being smacked in the
> face has remarkable, unparalleled appeal. It crosses every single
> demographic."
>
> Despite the Academy Awards' reputation for being a collection of
> morality lectures from depraved lunatics, the possibility of a guy
> slapping Jimmy Kimmel was enough to prompt millions to turn on the TV.
> "I've never once had the slightest interest in watching the Oscars,"
> said Ohio native Lennie Finley. "But my wife said there's a real chance
> that Jimmy Kimmel will get an open-hand wallop right in the middle of
> the whole deal. I had no idea that was part of the Oscars! I wouldn't
> miss that for the world."
>
> According to sources, the Academy spent months laboring to decide who
> America would most like to see slapped on stage. "We had many strong
> contenders, such as Jim Carrey and LeBron James," said Ms. Wright.
> "Alec Baldwin was on the shortlist, but I'm not ready to die. In the
> end, we hit an absolute grand slam picking Jimmy Kimmel."
>
> At publishing time, the nation's excitement had reached a fever pitch
> after Will Smith had reportedly been spotted sneaking into the Oscars,
> ironically disguised with a bald cap.

Since I don't see a link to video of a slap, I'm going to assume it
didn't happen.

Not that I believe this story in the first place; it feels like
something from the Babylon Bee. And whaddaya know? It is!

https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-ratings-soar-as-nation-watches-in-hopes-of-seeing-someone-slap-jimmy-kimmel

--
Rhino

Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<1085810981.700587660.538765.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178950&group=rec.arts.tv#178950

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Subject: Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing
Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:22:56 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:22 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> U.S. — Ratings for the 95th Academy Awards skyrocketed this year, as
> millions tuned in hoping to see Jimmy Kimmel get slapped on live
> television.
>
> "We have never seen such a tremendous spike in ratings," said ABC
> producer Lena Wright. "Jimmy Kimmel potentially being smacked in the
> face has remarkable, unparalleled appeal. It crosses every single
> demographic."
>
> Despite the Academy Awards' reputation for being a collection of
> morality lectures from depraved lunatics, the possibility of a guy
> slapping Jimmy Kimmel was enough to prompt millions to turn on the TV.
> "I've never once had the slightest interest in watching the Oscars,"
> said Ohio native Lennie Finley. "But my wife said there's a real chance
> that Jimmy Kimmel will get an open-hand wallop right in the middle of
> the whole deal. I had no idea that was part of the Oscars! I wouldn't
> miss that for the world."
>
> According to sources, the Academy spent months laboring to decide who
> America would most like to see slapped on stage. "We had many strong
> contenders, such as Jim Carrey and LeBron James," said Ms. Wright.
> "Alec Baldwin was on the shortlist, but I'm not ready to die.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the
> end, we hit an absolute grand slam picking Jimmy Kimmel."
>
> At publishing time, the nation's excitement had reached a fever pitch
> after Will Smith had reportedly been spotted sneaking into the Oscars,
> ironically disguised with a bald cap.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<2056609108.700587734.624290.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178951&group=rec.arts.tv#178951

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 10:22:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:22 UTC

> On 2023-03-12 7:21 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> U.S. — Ratings for the 95th Academy Awards skyrocketed this year, as
>> millions tuned in hoping to see Jimmy Kimmel get slapped on live
>> television.
>>
>> "We have never seen such a tremendous spike in ratings," said ABC
>> producer Lena Wright. "Jimmy Kimmel potentially being smacked in the
>> face has remarkable, unparalleled appeal. It crosses every single
>> demographic."
>>
>> Despite the Academy Awards' reputation for being a collection of
>> morality lectures from depraved lunatics, the possibility of a guy
>> slapping Jimmy Kimmel was enough to prompt millions to turn on the TV.
>> "I've never once had the slightest interest in watching the Oscars,"
>> said Ohio native Lennie Finley. "But my wife said there's a real chance
>> that Jimmy Kimmel will get an open-hand wallop right in the middle of
>> the whole deal. I had no idea that was part of the Oscars! I wouldn't
>> miss that for the world."
>>
>> According to sources, the Academy spent months laboring to decide who
>> America would most like to see slapped on stage. "We had many strong
>> contenders, such as Jim Carrey and LeBron James," said Ms. Wright.
>> "Alec Baldwin was on the shortlist, but I'm not ready to die. In the
>> end, we hit an absolute grand slam picking Jimmy Kimmel."
>>
>> At publishing time, the nation's excitement had reached a fever pitch
>> after Will Smith had reportedly been spotted sneaking into the Oscars,
>> ironically disguised with a bald cap.
>>

> Since I don't see a link to video of a slap, I'm going to assume it
> didn't happen.
>
> Not that I believe this story in the first place; it feels like
> something from the Babylon Bee. And whaddaya know? It is!
>
> https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-ratings-soar-as-nation-watches-in-hopes-of-seeing-someone-slap-jimmy-kimmel

The link was in the headers. :-)

Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<tut0nl$101l5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178957&group=rec.arts.tv#178957

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood
Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:53:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:53 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-03-12 7:21 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> U.S. — Ratings for the 95th Academy Awards skyrocketed this year, as
>>> millions tuned in hoping to see Jimmy Kimmel get slapped on live
>>> television.
>>>
>>> "We have never seen such a tremendous spike in ratings," said ABC
>>> producer Lena Wright. "Jimmy Kimmel potentially being smacked in the
>>> face has remarkable, unparalleled appeal. It crosses every single
>>> demographic."
>>>
>>> Despite the Academy Awards' reputation for being a collection of
>>> morality lectures from depraved lunatics, the possibility of a guy
>>> slapping Jimmy Kimmel was enough to prompt millions to turn on the TV.
>>> "I've never once had the slightest interest in watching the Oscars,"
>>> said Ohio native Lennie Finley. "But my wife said there's a real chance
>>> that Jimmy Kimmel will get an open-hand wallop right in the middle of
>>> the whole deal. I had no idea that was part of the Oscars! I wouldn't
>>> miss that for the world."
>>>
>>> According to sources, the Academy spent months laboring to decide who
>>> America would most like to see slapped on stage. "We had many strong
>>> contenders, such as Jim Carrey and LeBron James," said Ms. Wright.
>>> "Alec Baldwin was on the shortlist, but I'm not ready to die. In the
>>> end, we hit an absolute grand slam picking Jimmy Kimmel."
>>>
>>> At publishing time, the nation's excitement had reached a fever pitch
>>> after Will Smith had reportedly been spotted sneaking into the Oscars,
>>> ironically disguised with a bald cap.
>>>

>> Since I don't see a link to video of a slap, I'm going to assume it
>> didn't happen.
>>
>> Not that I believe this story in the first place; it feels like
>> something from the Babylon Bee. And whaddaya know? It is!
>>

>https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-ratings-soar-as-nation-watches-in-hopes-of-seeing-someone-slap-jimmy-kimmel
>>

>The link was in the headers. :-)

It's not amusing in any way. Ubi was just being his usual shithead
plagarizing self.

Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<tut5to$10umb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178960&group=rec.arts.tv#178960

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 12:22:30 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 19:22 UTC

On 2023-03-15 17:53:57 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> Since I don't see a link to video of a slap, I'm going to assume it
>>> didn't happen.
>>>
>>> Not that I believe this story in the first place; it feels like
>>> something from the Babylon Bee. And whaddaya know? It is!
>>>

>> https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-ratings-soar-as-nation-watches-in-hopes-of-seeing-someone-slap-jimmy-kimmel
>>

>> The link was in the headers. :-)
>
> It's not amusing in any way. Ubi was just being his usual shithead
> plagarizing self.

Definitely with Adam on this score - what Ubi does with stuff like this
is both irritating and skeevy.

Re: Oscars Ratings Soar As Nation Watches In Hopes Of Seeing Someone Slap Jimmy Kimmel

<150320231741109403%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178970&group=rec.arts.tv#178970

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 17:41:10 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 21:41 UTC

In article <tut5to$10umb$1@dont-email.me>, Ian J. Ball
<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-03-15 17:53:57 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> https://babylonbee.com/news/oscars-ratings-soar-as-nation-watches-in-hopes-
> >> of-seeing-someone-slap-jimmy-kimmel
> >>

> >> The link was in the headers. :-)
> >
> > It's not amusing in any way. Ubi was just being his usual shithead
> > plagarizing self.
>
> Definitely with Adam on this score - what Ubi does with stuff like this
> is both irritating and skeevy.

Migod, we're all in agreement on this.