The man who raises a fist has run out of ideas. -- H. G. Wells, "Time After Time"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: So, the guy was drunk and the cops didn't charge him? Cause he's black?

SubjectAuthor
o Re: So, the guy was drunk and the cops didn't charge him? Cause he'strotsky

1
Re: So, the guy was drunk and the cops didn't charge him? Cause he's black?

<kzAQL.1596699$9sn9.883370@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=178999&group=rec.arts.tv#178999

Subject: Re: So, the guy was drunk and the cops didn't charge him? Cause he's
black?
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 03:37:35 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 08:37 UTC

On 3/15/23 7:10 PM, RichA wrote:
> Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant has been suspended for eight games without pay by the NBA after a video showed him holding a gun in a Colorado nightclub.
>
> Morant was also in an intoxicated state and his conduct was "detrimental to the league", the NBA said.
>
> The All-Star guard, 23, apologised following the live broadcast on his Instagram page on Saturday, 4 March.
>
> NBA boss Adam Silver said Morant's conduct was "irresponsible, reckless and potentially very dangerous".
>
> He added: "It also has serious consequences given his enormous following and influence, particularly among young fans who look up to him."
>
> In a statement
>
> after meeting Morant in New York on Wednesday, the commissioner said: "He has expressed sincere contrition and remorse for his behaviour.
>
> "Ja has also made it clear to me that he has learned from this incident and that he understands his obligations and responsibility to the Memphis Grizzlies and the broader NBA community extend well beyond his play on the court."
>
> It is legal to carry a gun in Colorado with some exceptions, including possession while under the influence of alcohol.
>
> Glendale Police Department did not find enough evidence to charge anyone for a crime.

Wow, are you fucked in the head. Brandishing a gun in lieu of a penis
is a Republican thing. Most cops are Republicans. Pick a lane asshole.