"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on." -- Samuel Goldwyn

arts / alt.music.lyrics / Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

SubjectAuthor
* My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
|`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
|`* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
| +* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
| |`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
| `- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
|`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
|+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
||`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
|`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
|+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
|`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
|`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
+- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod
+* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
|`* Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsDavid Dalton
| `- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsW.Dockery
`- Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragmentsGeneral-Zod

Pages:12
Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<79fc8005b0436f96c899755fa97373f3@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=149&group=alt.music.lyrics#149

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 22:21:18 +0000
Subject: Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 25 Oct 2023 22:21 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2023, General-Zod wrote
> (in article<4948a4b721b5af908d367cf704814484@news.novabbs.com>):

>> > i didn't read the whole thing but these looked really good!! :)
>> >
>> > do you have finished pieces? i bet those are great. :)
>>
>> Hi Rachel..... agreed and seconded...!

> I didn’t see Rachel’s post, probably since google groups was
> being filtered out by Eternal September for a while.

> I haven’t written anything poetic in a long while now, but
> expect my creativity to return soon, and when it does I
> will definitely write some. Though I suppose even now
> I could mechanically build something using form, metre,
> and rhyme, brick by brick, rather than relying on creative
> flow/bread crumb trail/drunken walk of words.

Hi D.D.... well put..!

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<880833f1d3975553658eb559daa65ec2@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150&group=alt.music.lyrics#150

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:15:08 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:15 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> David Dalton wrote:

>> On Oct 25, 2023, General-Zod wrote
>> (in article<4948a4b721b5af908d367cf704814484@news.novabbs.com>):

>>> Hi Rachel..... agreed and seconded...!

>> I didn’t see Rachel’s post, probably since google groups was
>> being filtered out by Eternal September for a while.

>> I haven’t written anything poetic in a long while now, but
>> expect my creativity to return soon, and when it does I
>> will definitely write some. Though I suppose even now
>> I could mechanically build something using form, metre,
>> and rhyme, brick by brick, rather than relying on creative
>> flow/bread crumb trail/drunken walk of words.

> Hi D.D.... well put..!

Good afternoon, agreed.

😃

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<fc4722b7a6d5d5bfcbc058e744ab2871@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=151&group=alt.music.lyrics#151

From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:30:15 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 31 Oct 2023 04:30 UTC

roach wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 1:53:12 PM UTC-7, David Dalton wrote:
>> On Oct 25, 2023, General-Zod wrote
>> (in article<4948a4b721b5af90...@news.novabbs.com>):

>> > Hi Rachel..... agreed and seconded...!
>> I didn’t see Rachel’s post, probably since google groups was
>> being filtered out by Eternal September for a while.
>>
>> I haven’t written anything poetic in a long while now, but
>> expect my creativity to return soon, and when it does I
>> will definitely write some. Though I suppose even now
>> I could mechanically build something using form, metre,
>> and rhyme, brick by brick, rather than relying on creative
>> flow/bread crumb trail/drunken walk of words.
>> --
>> https://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html Salmon on the Thorns (mystic page)
>> "Spring come to you at the farthest In the very end of harvest. Scarcity
>> and want shall shun you. Ceres' blessing so is on you." (Shakespeare)

> hi reading this now seems FAMILIAR so i am surprised i didn't respond to you, i'm sorry, maybe it's the kind of thing like there was nothing to say, like taking it all in was enough to completely fill me, i can totally relate i hate thinking that what one/you like to do it be creative and you have no idea where it comes from and you can't do it on demand and you just really don't want to "just do it" like write when you have nothing to say waiting for inspiration i always keep thinking that's it i'm done i don't think i have anything left to write or say insofar as making a poem or whatever

Interesting observations, Rachel, interesting how?

They're self explanatory.

😃

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<d9d2a4f29f3aa6d0a8b72c1260cc6c0a@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153&group=alt.music.lyrics#153

Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 20:19:46 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 20:19 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:

> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html

> I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> I am in St. John’s.

> Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

> Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.

> Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> but I never bothered her. However her record label
> person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

Hi there, having another read, quite a good collection of poems...

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<7d3e39622bf7c9ef96ad54c34f98f789@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=157&group=alt.music.lyrics#157

Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 07:24:53 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 07:24 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:

> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html

> I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> I am in St. John’s.

> Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

> Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.

> Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> but I never bothered her. However her record label
> person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

Again, you should post selections here, David.

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<08db797a29a700d34101625d8be840d0@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=160&group=alt.music.lyrics#160

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 20:16:28 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 20:16 UTC

NancyGene wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 4:13:57 AM UTC, David Dalton wrote:
>
>> Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:
>>
>> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html
>>
>> I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
>> needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
>> at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
>> I am in St. John’s.

> Mr. Dalton, you have no poetry writing talent. At. All.
>>
>> Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
>> an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
>> will return soon and that it will include the ability to
>> complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

> First, you should find out how to write poems and not the embarrassingly juvenile, no meter examples that you have offered.
>>
>> Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.
>>
>> Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
>> but I never bothered her. However her record label
>> person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
>> the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
>> me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
>> of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

> Sure, she "silently approached" you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hush up, troll...!

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<b9407571ea5b0348becb3b1e834db89e@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=175&group=alt.music.lyrics#175

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:44:57 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 01:44 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:

> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html

> I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> I am in St. John’s.

> Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

> Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.

> Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> but I never bothered her. However her record label
> person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

Hope 2024 is a good poetry year for you, David.

😃

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<0001HW.2B5BB9F10054516C700002D0F38F@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=176&group=alt.music.lyrics#176

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 04:51:05 -0330
 by: David Dalton - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 08:21 UTC

On Jan 19, 2024, W.Dockery wrote
(in article<b9407571ea5b0348becb3b1e834db89e@www.novabbs.com>):

> David Dalton wrote:
> >
> > Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:
>
> > https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html
>
> > I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> > needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> > at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> > I am in St. John’s.
>
> > Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> > an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> > will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> > complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.
>
> > Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.
>
> > Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> > but I never bothered her. However her record label
> > person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> > the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> > me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> > of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.
>
> Hope 2024 is a good poetry year for you, David.
>
> 😃

Thanks, Will, and the same to you and other readers!

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“It dpesn't matter baby, if you're a non-believer, the axe has fallen...

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<8bea03e89db245fa80ca2e64ae080d35@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=177&group=alt.music.lyrics#177

Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 19:31:18 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 19:31 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2024, Will Dockery wrote
> (in article<b9407571ea5b0348becb3b1e834db89e@www.novabbs.com>):

>> David Dalton wrote:
>> >
>> > Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:
>>
>> > https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html
>>
>> > I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
>> > needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
>> > at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
>> > I am in St. John’s.
>>
>> > Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
>> > an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
>> > will return soon and that it will include the ability to
>> > complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.
>>
>> > Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.
>>
>> > Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
>> > but I never bothered her. However her record label
>> > person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
>> > the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
>> > me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
>> > of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.
>>
>> Hope 2024 is a good poetry year for you, David.
>>

> Thanks, Will, and the same to you and other readers!

Good afternoon, my friend.

:)

Re: My 1993--1995 poem and song fragments

<20dd2df122a36da0b94ef8e2980e0562@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179&group=alt.music.lyrics#179

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 23:19:08 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems, alt.arts.poetry.comments, alt.music.lyrics
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 23:19 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Here's a few of my poetry and song snippets from 1993 -- 1995:

> https://www.nfld.com//~dalton/poemfrag.html

> I won’t copy and paste them all here since then some
> needed spacing in some of them won’t be reproduced,
> at least in Hogwasher newsreader which I use when
> I am in St. John’s.

> Back then I had good wordplay ability but suffered from
> an inability to complete projects. I hope that my creativity
> will return soon and that it will include the ability to
> complete projects and to do longer poems and songs.

> Constructive(!) criticism is welcome.

> Some of them do show my interest in Sarah McLachlan,
> but I never bothered her. However her record label
> person who was on the mailing list must have relayed
> the best of my writing to her since she silently approached
> me twice in the spring of 1995, which is reflected in some
> of the lyrics on her 1997 Surfacing album.

Second read

Cool