Machines have less problems. I'd like to be a machine. -- Andy Warhol

arts / rec.arts.tv / Boyz II Men

SubjectAuthor
* Boyz II MenAdam H. Kerman
`* Re: Boyz II MenBTR1701
 +- Re: Boyz II MenAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: Boyz II Menbruce bowser
 |+- Re: Boyz II Mentrotsky
 |`- Re: Boyz II MenBTR1701
 `* Re: Boyz II Mentrotsky
  `* Re: Boyz II MenBTR1701
   `- Re: Boyz II Mentrotsky

1
Boyz II Men

<tuvkf5$1grnh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179028&group=rec.arts.tv#179028

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Boyz II Men
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:43:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:43 UTC

Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.

Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony,
since the Festival's second season in 1905. They do pop and some rock
in weeks after the Symphony's summer residence ends. Traditionally,
most of the musicians actually lived in Highland Park, home of Ravinia,
so I went to high school with a lot of their kids, none of whom played
in the orchestra. I did and filled in for a lot of missing instruments
on the piano.

The Symphony musicians who teach used to be on faculty at Northwestern
University School of Music and would regularly perform chamber music
concerts.

Ricardo Muti returns to Italy (not sure what he conducts over the
summer) and they are conducted by Marin Alsop over the summer since
2021.

I'm just waiting for Ravinia to revive acts that are two decades older
than this one so it'll feel like it's still the '70s. I'm going
backwards in time.

Re: Boyz II Men

<akCdnVOJ6srD-o75nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179033&group=rec.arts.tv#179033

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Boyz II Men
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:00:46 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:00 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
wrote:

> Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
> these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
> vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.

Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?

> Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony

It's where I graduated high school, too.

Re: Boyz II Men

<tuvqdl$1hp0c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179037&group=rec.arts.tv#179037

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:24:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:24 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
>>these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
>>vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.

>Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?

>>Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony

>It's where I graduated high school, too.

The Navy kept a bit of the noncomm housing but most of the rest of Fort
Sheridan was turned into high-end housing. The cemetary is still there.

Now I have no idea how Highland Park will defend itself if Lake Forest
attacks.

Re: Boyz II Men

<39612f6a-3967-4908-8680-2793ac810354n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179039&group=rec.arts.tv#179039

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:30:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: bruce2bo...@gmail.com (bruce bowser)
 by: bruce bowser - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:30 UTC

On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 3:00:59 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <a...@chinet.com>
> wrote:
> > Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
> > these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
> > vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.
> Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?
> > Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony
>
> It's where I graduated high school, too.

Its tough to believe you even went.

Re: Boyz II Men

<1MLQL.1435173$iS99.891268@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179046&group=rec.arts.tv#179046

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:22:05 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:22 UTC

On 3/16/23 3:30 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 3:00:59 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <a...@chinet.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
>>> these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
>>> vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.
>> Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?
>>> Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony
>>
>> It's where I graduated high school, too.
>
> Its tough to believe you even went.

Agreed.

Re: Boyz II Men

<WOLQL.1435175$iS99.700631@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179048&group=rec.arts.tv#179048

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:25:09 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:25 UTC

On 3/16/23 2:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
>> these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
>> vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.
>
> Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?
>
>> Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony
>>
> It's where I graduated high school, too.

So you lived in Texas but "graduated" in Highland Park IL? That doesn't
sound too much like horseshit.

Re: Boyz II Men

<AB6cnUOWjICGEI75nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179056&group=rec.arts.tv#179056

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:41:47 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:41 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:25:09 PM PDT, "trotsky" <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/23 2:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
>>> these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
>>> vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.
>>
>> Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?
>>
>>> Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony
>>>
>> It's where I graduated high school, too.
>
> So you lived in Texas but "graduated" in Highland Park IL? That doesn't
> sound too much like horseshit.

Wherein Hutt proves himself incapable of understanding the simple concept of
families moving from one place to another.

Re: Boyz II Men

<J_VQL.1596765$9sn9.525896@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179105&group=rec.arts.tv#179105

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 04:00:24 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:00 UTC

On 3/16/23 4:41 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:25:09 PM PDT, "trotsky" <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/16/23 2:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?

>>> It's where I graduated high school, too.
>>
>> So you lived in Texas but "graduated" in Highland Park IL? That doesn't
>> sound too much like horseshit.
>
> Wherein Hutt proves himself incapable of understanding the simple concept of
> families moving from one place to another.

Are you responding to me in the third person Micky?

Re: Boyz II Men

<QoWcnTOYW7H9f4n5nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179162&group=rec.arts.tv#179162

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 21:57:52 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 21:57 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 1:30:53 PM PDT, "bruce bowser" <bruce2bowser@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 3:00:59 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Mar 16, 2023 at 10:43:01 AM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <a...@chinet.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Ravinia Festival will have Boyz II Men performing this summer. I believe
>> > these guys are in their 50s and old enough that if their kids were in
>> > vocal groups they'd have been performing for at least a decade.
>> Shouldn't they be calling themselves Men II Geezers now?
>> > Ravinia Park has long been the summer home of the Chicago Symphony
>>
>> It's where I graduated high school, too.
>
> Its tough to believe you even went.

And the Stupidest Human on Usenet oozes by to vomit up another useless string
of words.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Boyz II Men