From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Subject: WATCH: Kamala Harris Has No Idea What Her Job Duties Are
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:22:47 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:22 UTC

Historically, vice presidents aren�t all that important as it relates to the
day-to-day duties of running the country, but when you have an octogenarian
in the White House who or may not be suffering early stages of dementia, the
position tends to have a bit of a larger role in the administration.

So it was a bit concerning when current Vice President Kamala Harris
struggled to explain to �Late Night� host Stephen Colbert what exactly her
job duties are around the Biden White House:

Sarah Palin was dragged by the media for much less � Kamala Harris
can't answer a question about what the vice president's duties are �
on late-night TV. #CRINGE pic.twitter.com/oB5yzX0kQK

� Caleb Parke (@calebparke) March 16, 2023

�One of the themes of the show [Veep] is that her character, Selina Meyer, is
frustrated by the sometimes vague duties of the role. It�s a high
constitutional office, but does not describe what you�re supposed to be
doing,� Colbert said. �Does that ring true? Like, what�s the actual role on a
daily basis as you have found it?�

�Well, I have the great privilege of serving with Joe Biden, who is the
President of the United States,� Harris responded.

�Does he understand what it�s like to be vice president?� Colbert then
jokingly asked.

�He does, he does,� Harris replied with a laugh. �He really is a true partner
and he understands that job,� Harris said before rambling and concluding that
Biden is an �extraordinary leader. He really is.�

To his credit, Colbert rebutted, �That�s an excellent answer and, uh, the
question was, what�s the job of the vice president � and your answer is part
of the job, I�m guessing?�

Harris was then able to articulate one example of other duties, such as going
to the Munich Security Conference.

Of course, Harris actually has been tasked with plenty under Biden. Nearly a
year ago, she was tapped as Biden�s border czar to deal with the deluge of
illegal aliens flooding into the country via Mexico.

Suffice it to say, she failed at that one.

Perhaps Harris� real duty is acting as President Joe Biden�s insurance policy
against impeachment or being knocked off the ballot in 2024. He cannot be
removed because then she�ll head up the ticket.

Even a Democrat is wise enough to know that would be a total disaster � which
is really saying something compared to the direction the country is currently
headed.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: WATCH: Kamala Harris Has No Idea What Her Job Duties Are

<1514313492.700768048.981925.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179138&group=rec.arts.tv#179138

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:05:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:05 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> Historically, vice presidents aren’t all that important as it relates to the
> day-to-day duties of running the country, but when you have an octogenarian
> in the White House who or may not be suffering early stages of dementia, the
> position tends to have a bit of a larger role in the administration.
>
> So it was a bit concerning when current Vice President Kamala Harris
> struggled to explain to “Late Night” host Stephen Colbert what exactly her
> job duties are around the Biden White House:

We already knew this woman is dumb as a stump, but when they can’t even set
her up to be able to handle an interview with Colbert, and for God sakes is
on her side?

> Sarah Palin was dragged by the media for much less … Kamala Harris
> can't answer a question about what the vice president's duties are —
> on late-night TV. #CRINGE pic.twitter.com/oB5yzX0kQK
>
> — Caleb Parke (@calebparke) March 16, 2023
>
> “One of the themes of the show [Veep] is that her character, Selina Meyer, is
> frustrated by the sometimes vague duties of the role. It’s a high
> constitutional office, but does not describe what you’re supposed to be
> doing,” Colbert said. “Does that ring true? Like, what’s the actual role on a
> daily basis as you have found it?”
>
> “Well, I have the great privilege of serving with Joe Biden, who is the
> President of the United States,” Harris responded.
>
> “Does he understand what it’s like to be vice president?” Colbert then
> jokingly asked.
>
> “He does, he does,” Harris replied with a laugh. “He really is a true partner
> and he understands that job,” Harris said before rambling and concluding that
> Biden is an “extraordinary leader. He really is.”
>
> To his credit, Colbert rebutted, “That’s an excellent answer and, uh, the
> question was, what’s the job of the vice president … and your answer is part
> of the job, I’m guessing?”
>
> Harris was then able to articulate one example of other duties, such as going
> to the Munich Security Conference.
>
> Of course, Harris actually has been tasked with plenty under Biden. Nearly a
> year ago, she was tapped as Biden’s border czar to deal with the deluge of
> illegal aliens flooding into the country via Mexico.
>
> Suffice it to say, she failed at that one.
>
> Perhaps Harris’ real duty is acting as President Joe Biden’s insurance policy
> against impeachment or being knocked off the ballot in 2024. He cannot be
> removed because then she’ll head up the ticket.
>
> Even a Democrat is wise enough to know that would be a total disaster — which
> is really saying something compared to the direction the country is currently
> headed.
>
> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: WATCH: Kamala Harris Has No Idea What Her Job Duties Are

<tv2ecl$23f7d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179141&group=rec.arts.tv#179141

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.stupidity
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:17:43 -0600
 by: David Johnston - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:17 UTC

On 2023-03-17 7:22 a.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
> Historically, vice presidents aren’t all that important as it relates to the
> day-to-day duties of running the country, but when you have an octogenarian
> in the White House who or may not be suffering early stages of dementia, the
> position tends to have a bit of a larger role in the administration.

Bunk. I bet the real position that would take up the slack is Chief of
Staff. As for the vice president they have only two duties. The first
is to break ties in the Senate and stay by the phone in case they wake
up president.

arts / rec.arts.tv / WATCH: Kamala Harris Has No Idea What Her Job Duties Are