A celebrity is a person who is known for his well-knownness.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

SubjectAuthor
* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
+- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsmoviePig
+* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsRhino2
|`* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
| `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsanim8rfsk
|  `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
|   `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsanim8rfsk
|    `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
|     `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsshawn
|      `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsanim8rfsk
|       `* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsshawn
|        `- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsanim8rfsk
+* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftiststrotsky
|`* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsmoviePig
| +* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
| |`* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsmoviePig
| | `- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
| `- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftiststrotsky
+* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsshawn
|+* Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsBTR1701
||`- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftiststrotsky
|`- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistssuzeeq
`- Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftistsThe Horny Goat

1
Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<akCdnVKJ6sp6-o75nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179034&group=rec.arts.tv#179034

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:03:03 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:03 UTC

On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>
> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
> immigrants could live together.

They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<pTJQL.1099137$Tcw8.657126@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179036&group=rec.arts.tv#179036

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 15:13:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:13 UTC

On 3/16/2023 3:03 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>
>> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
>> immigrants could live together.
>
> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.

https://www.amazon.com/Ecotopia-Novel-Ernest-Callenbach/dp/0553348477/

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<34b01141-5959-4d03-946f-b3692dd90e0bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179042&group=rec.arts.tv#179042

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 14:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:10 UTC

On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 3:03:15 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
> >
> > Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
> > immigrants could live together.
> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.

It would also "reward" the leftists by giving them the best real estate, especially the ocean frontage. That would make it easier for them to invite their ideological compatriots - the Chinese government - to establish military bases in this new state, which I'm going to call East Washore as a temporary name. (They'll probably call it the People's Progressive Republic of Washore.)

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<ogidnbtAsP3cGo75nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179044&group=rec.arts.tv#179044

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:16:49 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:16 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:10:24 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 3:03:15 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>>

>> > Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists
>>> and
>> > immigrants could live together.
>>
>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side
>> of
>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists
>> could
>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>
> It would also "reward" the leftists by giving them the best real estate,
> especially the ocean frontage. That would make it easier for them to invite
> their ideological compatriots - the Chinese government - to establish
> military bases in this new state

Well, as long as they're still actually *states*, then they wouldn't get to
invite foreign countries to set up military bases. The Pentagon might have a
wee problem with that. Now if they secede and form their own country of
People's Republic of Communist Pacifica, then they can do what they want. Of
course they'll have a (mostly) hostile nation right on their doorstep, so that
wouldn't be the brightest move.

> which I'm going to call East Washore as a temporary name. (They'll probably
> call it the People's Progressive Republic of Washore.)

They wouldn't even have to change the names of the states in my proposal, just
call one of the new states Washington, the other Oregon. I suppose they could
have a referendum to decide which one gets which name.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<GPLQL.1435176$iS99.123070@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179049&group=rec.arts.tv#179049

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:25:57 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:25 UTC

On 3/16/23 2:03 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>
>> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
>> immigrants could live together.
>
> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.

The right wing assholes wouldn't even make it through the first year.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179051&group=rec.arts.tv#179051

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 14:27:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:27 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:10:24 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> and
>>>
>>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side
>> of
>>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists
>> could
>>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>>
>> It would also "reward" the leftists by giving them the best real estate,
> especially the ocean frontage. That would make it easier for them to invite
> their ideological compatriots - the Chinese government - to establish
> military bases in this new state
>
> Well, as long as they're still actually *states*, then they wouldn't get to
invite foreign countries to set up military bases. The Pentagon might have
a wee problem with that. Now if they secede and form their own country of
People's Republic of Communist Pacifica, then they can do what they want.
Of
course they'll have a (mostly) hostile nation right on their doorstep,
so that
wouldn't be the brightest move.

>> which I'm going to call East Washore as a temporary name. (They'll probably
> call it the People's Progressive Republic of Washore.)
>
> They wouldn't even have to change the names of the states in my proposal, just
call one of the new states Washington, the other Oregon. I suppose they
could
have a referendum to decide which one gets which name.

They could do the same thing with north and South Dakota. Once they are
east and west Dakota, the former North Dakota can quit its whining.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<XdMQL.172456$wfQc.67048@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179058&group=rec.arts.tv#179058

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:53:58 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:53 UTC

On 3/16/2023 5:25 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/16/23 2:03 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>>
>>> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea.  All the
>>> Marxists and
>>> immigrants could live together.
>>
>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east
>> side of
>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the
>> leftists could
>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>
> The right wing assholes wouldn't even make it through the first year.

The ones who formed some sort of commune might.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<M0-dnaQLG8XsDI75nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179061&group=rec.arts.tv#179061

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:00:17 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:00 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:53:58 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/2023 5:25 PM, trotsky wrote:

>>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east
>>> side of
>>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the
>>> leftists could
>>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>>
>> The right wing assholes wouldn't even make it through the first year.
>
> The ones who formed some sort of commune might.

Or, they could, you know, just go on living as they always have and be just
fine.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<l2571ihj8roqprc92kdit3er38qo1rh7fl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179062&group=rec.arts.tv#179062

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 18:15:30 -0400
 by: shawn - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:15 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:03:03 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>
>> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
>> immigrants could live together.
>
>They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
>both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
>enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.

It wouldn't happen that way. If something like that were going to
happen it would be what has already been called for, for years, which
is to split Oregon into two parts with the eastern part becoming part
of Idaho since the makeup of both sections are very similar. Not that
I expect this to ever happen but at least that doesn't create new
states with all that it entails.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<mvidnbjeHO0GC475nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179063&group=rec.arts.tv#179063

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:22:19 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:22 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 3:15:30 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:03:03 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>>
>>> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
>>> immigrants could live together.
>>
>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists
>> could
>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>>

> It wouldn't happen that way. If something like that were going to
> happen it would be what has already been called for, for years, which
> is to split Oregon into two parts with the eastern part becoming part
> of Idaho since the makeup of both sections are very similar. Not that
> I expect this to ever happen but at least that doesn't create new
> states with all that it entails.

My suggestion wouldn't create new states, either. You'd start with 50 states
and end with 50 states. Hell, they could even keep the names Washington and
Oregon. The only difference would be where the borders fall.

This would even be an advantage for the leftists, since they'd get the
population centers of Seattle and Portland. Might give them more D seats in
the House.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<jVMQL.345581$Lfzc.135357@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179065&group=rec.arts.tv#179065

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 18:40:13 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:40 UTC

On 3/16/2023 6:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:53:58 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> The right wing assholes wouldn't even make it through the first year.
>>
>> The ones who formed some sort of commune might.
>
> Or, they could, you know, just go on living as they always have and be just
> fine.

....i.e., living in ways that have none of the communal aspects typical
of humans for the past 6000 years.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<uZacnQqXdp9IPo75nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179073&group=rec.arts.tv#179073

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:18:45 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:18 UTC

On Mar 16, 2023 at 3:40:13 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/2023 6:00 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> The ones who formed some sort of commune might.
>>
>> Or, they could, you know, just go on living as they always have and be just
>> fine.
>
> ...i.e., living in ways that have none of the communal aspects typical
> of humans for the past 6000 years.

Yes, you're right of course. Without the cesspool of Portland being in the
same state, a farmer in Klamath Falls just won't be able to survive.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<eq971ip644ufv6hrgbnq0drls4f3c95051@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179077&group=rec.arts.tv#179077

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:33:46 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:33 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:03:03 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
>both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
>enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.

Didn't realize you hated them so much.....

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<tv0ai3$23pmi$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179079&group=rec.arts.tv#179079

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:00:02 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 00:00 UTC

On 3/16/2023 3:15 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:03:03 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 15, 2023 at 9:00:17 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/15/politics/oregon-secession-idaho-partisan-divides/index.html
>>>
>>> Splitting the country in half is actually a good idea. All the Marxists and
>>> immigrants could live together.
>>
>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists could
>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>>

> It wouldn't happen that way. If something like that were going to
> happen it would be what has already been called for, for years, which
> is to split Oregon into two parts with the eastern part becoming part
> of Idaho since the makeup of both sections are very similar. Not that
> I expect this to ever happen but at least that doesn't create new
> states with all that it entails.

I'd rather they didn't do it at all. There's quite enough far right in
Idaho as there is now.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<atropos-33E833.19530916032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179094&group=rec.arts.tv#179094

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 19:53:09 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 02:53 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 16, 2023 at 2:10:24 PM PDT, "Rhino2" <hughmunguscan@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> It would also "reward" the leftists by giving them the best real estate,
> > especially the ocean frontage. That would make it easier for them to invite
> > their ideological compatriots - the Chinese government - to establish
> > military bases in this new state
> >
> > Well, as long as they're still actually *states*, then they wouldn't get
> > to invite foreign countries to set up military bases. The Pentagon might
> > have a wee problem with that. Now if they secede and form their own
> > country of People's Republic of Communist Pacifica, then they can do what
> > they want. Of course they'll have a (mostly) hostile nation right on their
> > doorstep, so that wouldn't be the brightest move.
> >
> >> which I'm going to call East Washore as a temporary name. (They'll
> >> probably call it the People's Progressive Republic of Washore.)
> >
> > They wouldn't even have to change the names of the states in my proposal,
> > just call one of the new states Washington, the other Oregon. I suppose
> > they could have a referendum to decide which one gets which name.
> >
> They could do the same thing with north and South Dakota. Once they are
> east and west Dakota, the former North Dakota can quit its whining.

What's North Dakota whining about?

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179097&group=rec.arts.tv#179097

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:19:05 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 03:19 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> especially the ocean frontage. That would make it easier for them to invite
>>> their ideological compatriots - the Chinese government - to establish
>>> military bases in this new state
>>>
>>> Well, as long as they're still actually *states*, then they wouldn't get
>>> to invite foreign countries to set up military bases. The Pentagon might
>>> have a wee problem with that. Now if they secede and form their own
>>> country of People's Republic of Communist Pacifica, then they can do what
>>> they want. Of course they'll have a (mostly) hostile nation right on their
>>> doorstep, so that wouldn't be the brightest move.

>>> They wouldn't even have to change the names of the states in my proposal,
>>> just call one of the new states Washington, the other Oregon. I suppose
>>> they could have a referendum to decide which one gets which name.
>>>
>> They could do the same thing with north and South Dakota. Once they are
>> east and west Dakota, the former North Dakota can quit its whining.
>
> What's North Dakota whining about?

Seriously? They’ve been complaining for decades about their name. They feel
that north is a pejorative. People hear north and they think it’s cold and
barren and lifeless and of course that’s a perfectly accurate description.
South makes people feel warm and fuzzy and so everybody goes to South
Dakota and nobody goes to North Dakota. I don’t know why the hell anybody
goes to South Dakota except for Mount Rushmore.

They even did a West Wing episode about it. Donna goes to North Dakota and
has to listen to them whine.

Apparently a state can’t change its name without the permission of the
feds, and the feds are holding North Dakota down.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<atropos-2FCB27.20312716032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179100&group=rec.arts.tv#179100

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <5fe3bb30-1363-453a-9ae0-849b7f1b62afn@googlegroups.com> <akCdnVKJ6sp6-o75nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com> <34b01141-5959-4d03-946f-b3692dd90e0bn@googlegroups.com> <ogidnbtAsP3cGo75nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@giganews.com> <591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-33E833.19530916032023@news.giganews.com> <530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:31:27 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 03:31 UTC

In article
<530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> They could do the same thing with north and South Dakota. Once they are
> >> east and west Dakota, the former North Dakota can quit its whining.
> >
> > What's North Dakota whining about?
> >
> Seriously? They've been complaining for decades about their name. They feel
> that north is a pejorative. People hear north and they think it's cold and
> barren and lifeless and of course that’s a perfectly accurate description.

I'm pretty sure it's not the 'north' part that conjures up that image.
People get the same image when they hear 'South Dakota', too.

After all, people don't think North Carolina is a frozen moonscape when
they hear the name, do they?

> South makes people feel warm and fuzzy and so everybody goes to South
> Dakota and nobody goes to North Dakota. I don't know why the hell anybody
> goes to South Dakota except for Mount Rushmore.

The Badlands are amazingly beautiful, especially at sunset.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<nlo71ipuqca8kdq0jg51smd0a8th46gbje@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179104&group=rec.arts.tv#179104

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <5fe3bb30-1363-453a-9ae0-849b7f1b62afn@googlegroups.com> <akCdnVKJ6sp6-o75nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com> <34b01141-5959-4d03-946f-b3692dd90e0bn@googlegroups.com> <ogidnbtAsP3cGo75nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@giganews.com> <591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-33E833.19530916032023@news.giganews.com> <530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-2FCB27.20312716032023@news.giganews.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 23:48:56 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 03:48 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:31:27 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article
><530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> > In article
>> > <591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>> > What's North Dakota whining about?
>> >
>> Seriously? They've been complaining for decades about their name. They feel
>> that north is a pejorative. People hear north and they think it's cold and
>> barren and lifeless and of course that’s a perfectly accurate description.
>
>I'm pretty sure it's not the 'north' part that conjures up that image.
>People get the same image when they hear 'South Dakota', too.
>
>After all, people don't think North Carolina is a frozen moonscape when
>they hear the name, do they?

If only we had another percent of green house gases in the air no one
would think North Dakota was so awful.

>> South makes people feel warm and fuzzy and so everybody goes to South
>> Dakota and nobody goes to North Dakota. I don't know why the hell anybody
>> goes to South Dakota except for Mount Rushmore.
>
>The Badlands are amazingly beautiful, especially at sunset.

Especially after three days without water, no cell service and a
broken down vehicle on a back road no one uses. Then you truly
understand why they were called the Badlands.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<z%VQL.1596766$9sn9.930639@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179106&group=rec.arts.tv#179106

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 04:01:18 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:01 UTC

On 3/16/23 4:53 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 3/16/2023 5:25 PM, trotsky wrote:

>>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east
>>> side of
>>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the
>>> leftists could
>>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>>
>> The right wing assholes wouldn't even make it through the first year.
>
> The ones who formed some sort of commune might.

Wouldn't that be a communist thing to do?

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<C1WQL.1596770$9sn9.1063128@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179108&group=rec.arts.tv#179108

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 04:03:29 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:03 UTC

On 3/16/23 5:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2023 at 3:15:30 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:

>>> They should split both Washington and Oregon in two and make the east side of
>>> both states one state and the west side one state. That way the leftists
>>> could
>>> enjoy turning the coast into an ever-degenerating shitpile and the rural
>>> farmers in the east can live normal, non-communist lives.
>>>

>> It wouldn't happen that way. If something like that were going to
>> happen it would be what has already been called for, for years, which
>> is to split Oregon into two parts with the eastern part becoming part
>> of Idaho since the makeup of both sections are very similar. Not that
>> I expect this to ever happen but at least that doesn't create new
>> states with all that it entails.
>
> My suggestion wouldn't create new states, either.

"Your" solution or the Oath Keepers?

You'd start with 50 states
> and end with 50 states. Hell, they could even keep the names Washington and
> Oregon. The only difference would be where the borders fall.
>
> This would even be an advantage for the leftists, since they'd get the
> population centers of Seattle and Portland. Might give them more D seats in
> the House.

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<1156547628.700750175.422333.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179117&group=rec.arts.tv#179117

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 06:01:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:01 UTC

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:31:27 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Seriously? They've been complaining for decades about their name. They feel
>>> that north is a pejorative. People hear north and they think it's cold and
>>> barren and lifeless and of course that’s a perfectly accurate description.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure it's not the 'north' part that conjures up that image.
>> People get the same image when they hear 'South Dakota', too.
>>
>> After all, people don't think North Carolina is a frozen moonscape when
>> they hear the name, do they?
>
> If only we had another percent of green house gases in the air no one
> would think North Dakota was so awful.
>

>>> South makes people feel warm and fuzzy and so everybody goes to South
>>> Dakota and nobody goes to North Dakota. I don't know why the hell anybody
>>> goes to South Dakota except for Mount Rushmore.
>>
>> The Badlands are amazingly beautiful, especially at sunset.
>
> Especially after three days without water, no cell service and a
> broken down vehicle on a back road no one uses. Then you truly
> understand why they were called the Badlands.

The standard translation (French to English) of Jules Verne’s 20,000
Leagues Under the Sea translates “bad lands“ to “disagreeable territory“

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<qpr81ih0khpsiikad8cmjjs771fu47eh8e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179125&group=rec.arts.tv#179125

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <34b01141-5959-4d03-946f-b3692dd90e0bn@googlegroups.com> <ogidnbtAsP3cGo75nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@giganews.com> <591075459.700694517.612228.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-33E833.19530916032023@news.giganews.com> <530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-2FCB27.20312716032023@news.giganews.com> <nlo71ipuqca8kdq0jg51smd0a8th46gbje@4ax.com> <1156547628.700750175.422333.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 09:47:13 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:47 UTC

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 06:01:31 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:31:27 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <530564483.700715713.926956.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> I'm pretty sure it's not the 'north' part that conjures up that image.
>>> People get the same image when they hear 'South Dakota', too.
>>>
>>> After all, people don't think North Carolina is a frozen moonscape when
>>> they hear the name, do they?
>>
>> If only we had another percent of green house gases in the air no one
>> would think North Dakota was so awful.

>>> The Badlands are amazingly beautiful, especially at sunset.
>>
>> Especially after three days without water, no cell service and a
>> broken down vehicle on a back road no one uses. Then you truly
>> understand why they were called the Badlands.
>>

>The standard translation (French to English) of Jules Verne’s 20,000
>Leagues Under the Sea translates “bad lands“ to “disagreeable territory“

So it is the same as my stomach after a bad burrito lunch?

Re: CNN: Part of Oregon wants to join Idaho to get away from leftists

<1238159447.700772939.344236.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179139&group=rec.arts.tv#179139

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 12:09:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 19:09 UTC

Lol