If you analyse anything, you destroy it. -- Arthur Miller

arts / rec.arts.tv / Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60

SubjectAuthor
* Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60BTR1701
+- Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60Adam H. Kerman
+- Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60Ian J. Ball
+- Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60trotsky
`- Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60Ubiquitous

1
Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60

<YIidnTwZYPn_U4n5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179152&group=rec.arts.tv#179152

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:32:34 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:32 UTC

NEW YORK (AP) — Lance Reddick, a character actor who specialized in
intense, icy and possibly sinister authority figures on TV and film,
including THE WIRE, FRINGE, and the JOHN WICK franchise, has died. He was
60.

Reddick died "suddenly" Friday morning, his publicist Mia Hansen said in a
statement, attributing his death to natural causes. His death was first
reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.

Reddick was often put in a suit or a crisp uniform during his career,
playing tall taciturn and elegant men of distinction. He was best known for
his role as straight-laced Lt. Cedric Daniels on the hit HBO series THE
WIRE where his character was agonizingly trapped in the messy politics of
the Baltimore police department.

"I'm an artist at heart. I feel that I'm very good at what I do. When I
went to drama school, I knew I was at least as talented as other students,
but because I was a black man and I wasn't pretty, I knew I would have to
work my butt off to be the best that I would be, and to be noticed," he
told the Los Angeles Times in 2009.

Reddick also starred on the Fox series FRINGE as Special Agent Phillip
Broyles, the smartly dressed Matthew Abaddon on LOST and played the
multi-skilled Continental Hotel concierge Charon in the JOHN WICK movies,
including the fourth in the series opening this month

He earned a SAG Award nomination in 2021 as part of the ensemble for Regina
King's film ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI. Reddick played recurring roles on
INTELLIGENCE and AMERICAN HORROR STORY and was on the show BOSCH for its
seven-year run.

https://www.kwtx.com/2023/03/17/lance-reddick-wire-john-wick-actor-dies-age-60-reports-say/

Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60

<tv2j2r$2462t$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179154&group=rec.arts.tv#179154

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:37:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:37 UTC

BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>NEW YORK (AP) - Lance Reddick, a character actor who specialized in
>intense, icy and possibly sinister authority figures on TV and film,
>including THE WIRE, FRINGE, and the JOHN WICK franchise, has died. He was
>60. . . .

You beat me by one minute. I saw the reprint of the New York Daily News
article.

Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60

<tv2la6$24npu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179156&group=rec.arts.tv#179156

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 14:15:51 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 21:15 UTC

On 2023-03-17 20:32:34 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> NEW YORK (AP) — Lance Reddick, a character actor who specialized in
> intense, icy and possibly sinister authority figures on TV and film,
> including THE WIRE, FRINGE, and the JOHN WICK franchise, has died. He was
> 60.
>
> Reddick died "suddenly" Friday morning, his publicist Mia Hansen said in a
> statement, attributing his death to natural causes. His death was first
> reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.
>
> https://www.kwtx.com/2023/03/17/lance-reddick-wire-john-wick-actor-dies-age-60-reports-say/

Damn. That absolutely sucks.

Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60

<BThRL.1883116$vBI8.1678940@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179209&group=rec.arts.tv#179209

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 07:11:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 12:11 UTC

On 3/17/23 5:47 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 17 March 2023 at 16:32:48 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>> NEW YORK (AP) — Lance Reddick, a character actor who specialized in
>> intense, icy and possibly sinister authority figures on TV and film,
>> including THE WIRE, FRINGE, and the JOHN WICK franchise, has died. He was
>> 60.
>>
>> Reddick died "suddenly" Friday morning, his publicist Mia Hansen said in a
>> statement, attributing his death to natural causes. His death was first
>> reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.
>>
>> Reddick was often put in a suit or a crisp uniform during his career,
>> playing tall taciturn and elegant men of distinction. He was best known for
>> his role as straight-laced Lt. Cedric Daniels on the hit HBO series THE
>> WIRE where his character was agonizingly trapped in the messy politics of
>> the Baltimore police department.
>>
>> "I'm an artist at heart. I feel that I'm very good at what I do. When I
>> went to drama school, I knew I was at least as talented as other students,
>> but because I was a black man and I wasn't pretty, I knew I would have to
>> work my butt off to be the best that I would be, and to be noticed," he
>> told the Los Angeles Times in 2009.
>>
>> Reddick also starred on the Fox series FRINGE as Special Agent Phillip
>> Broyles, the smartly dressed Matthew Abaddon on LOST and played the
>> multi-skilled Continental Hotel concierge Charon in the JOHN WICK movies,
>> including the fourth in the series opening this month
>>
>> He earned a SAG Award nomination in 2021 as part of the ensemble for Regina
>> King's film ONE NIGHT IN MIAMI. Reddick played recurring roles on
>> INTELLIGENCE and AMERICAN HORROR STORY and was on the show BOSCH for its
>> seven-year run.
>>
>> https://www.kwtx.com/2023/03/17/lance-reddick-wire-john-wick-actor-dies-age-60-reports-say/
>
> He appeared fit and I hadn't heard he was a drug-user but there was this:
>
> https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1579995788251639809?lang=en

They said he died of "natural causes" so you might have to look
elsewhere for sources of mental masturbation. Oh, and you can "look
fit" and still suffer from cardiovascular disease. I'm sure your
medical training taught you that.

Re: Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60

<0I2cnX4onsW8Qoj5nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179226&group=rec.arts.tv#179226

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:56:09 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 18 Mar 2023 15:56 UTC

no_email@invalid.invalid wrote:

>NEW YORK (AP) — Lance Reddick, a character actor who specialized in
>intense, icy and possibly sinister authority figures on TV and film,
>including THE WIRE, FRINGE, and the JOHN WICK franchise, has died. He was
>60.

Oh! I've been seeing him on FRINGE this week!

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / Lance Reddick-- JOHN WICK, BOSCH, THE WIRE-- Dead at 60