Life is like an analogy.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Christian Apologist

SubjectAuthor
* Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
+* Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
|+* Re: Christian ApologistMichael Pendragon
||`* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
|| `* Re: Christian ApologistMichael Pendragon
||  +- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
||  `* Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
||   `- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
|`- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
+* Re: Christian ApologistRachel
|`- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
`* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 +* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |+- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |`* Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 | `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |  `* Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |   `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    +* Re: Christian ApologistEdward Rochester Esq.
 |    |`* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    | `* Re: Christian ApologistEdward Rochester Esq.
 |    |  +- Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |    |  `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |   `* Re: Christian ApologistEdward Rochester Esq.
 |    |    `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |     `* Re: Christian ApologistEdward Rochester Esq.
 |    |      `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |       +* Re: Christian ApologistEdward Rochester Esq.
 |    |       |`* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |       | `* Re: Christian ApologistEdward Rochester Esq.
 |    |       |  +- Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |    |       |  +- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |       |  `- Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |    |       `* Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |    |        `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |         `* Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |    |          +- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    |          +- Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 |    |          `- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
 |    `- Re: Christian ApologistAsh Wurthing
 `* Re: Christian ApologistMichael Pendragon
  `* Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am
   `- Re: Christian ApologistSpam-I-Am

Pages:12
Christian Apologist

<f775ad3b-9cf2-4f0b-b216-267788e8b9f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179321&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179321

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 03:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Christian Apologist
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:21 UTC

First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
that you have much better things to do than listen to me
blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.

Re: Christian Apologist

<cc0420c2-ff04-46ad-95d7-2f71f26298e3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179369&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179369

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 07:59:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Christian Apologist
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:59 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.

No signs or smiting required, God has spoken to me also. It's easy to hear Him when one uses the Divine given common sense and understands the rationale of virtuous words apparent if one truly sees the Reality of existence. And this is what I hear:
I'm told God created everyone, so I can only assume that He has spoken to them all and provided a Faiths unique to each different tribe to follow.
People of different sexuality and altered gender aren't a menace to the Church and Society when compared to the intolerance of those who would use Church and Society to persecute them.
Ash on This and That Bullshit

Re: Christian Apologist

<f1c8e52e-7b4f-4125-9e25-5d47179ac2b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179375&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179375

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 08:53:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 15:53 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 10:59:47 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> > I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> > all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> > makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> > be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> > that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> > blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> > ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> > and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> > and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.
> No signs or smiting required, God has spoken to me also. It's easy to hear Him when one uses the Divine given common sense and understands the rationale of virtuous words apparent if one truly sees the Reality of existence. And this is what I hear:
> I'm told God created everyone, so I can only assume that He has spoken to them all and provided a Faiths unique to each different tribe to follow.
> People of different sexuality and altered gender aren't a menace to the Church and Society when compared to the intolerance of those who would use Church and Society to persecute them.
> Ash on This and That Bullshit

The superego often takes on the persona of an authority figure, a wise old man, or a God. The superego is a part of the subconscious, and therefore, inaccessible to the conscious mind except at moments when the preconscious (a censoring agent) is relaxed (during sleep, when weakened through exhaustion or fasting, pain, drugs, or near-death experiences).

I don't believe in the existence of a God in the generally accepted sense of a benign Father-Creator. For the best description of "God," I refer you to the following passage from the Scriptures:

"No thinking being lives who, at some luminous point of his life of thought, has not felt himself lost amid the surges of futile efforts at understanding, or believing, that anything exists greater than his own soul. The utter impossibility of any one's soul feeling itself inferior to another; the intense, overwhelming dissatisfaction and rebellion at the thought; — these, with the omniprevalent aspirations at perfection, are but the spiritual, coincident with the material, struggles towards the original Unity — are, to my mind at least, a species of proof far surpassing what Man terms demonstration, that no one soul is inferior to another — that nothing is, or can be, superior to any one soul — that each soul is, in part, its own God — its own Creator: — in a word, that God — the material and spiritual God — now exists solely in the diffused Matter and Spirit of the Universe; and that the regathering of this diffused Matter and Spirit will be but the re-constitution of the purely Spiritual and Individual God." [Eureka]

In Jungian terms, our individual consciences (egos/souls) remain separate portions of a greater conscience (the collective unconscious/god force) to which we are all striving to return. This concept is similar to the Hindu belief that the Atman (individual spirit) is attempting to become a part of the Brahman (universal spirit), while still retaining it individuality. Or, as expressed in the Scriptures:

"Think that the sense of individual identity will be gradually merged in the general consciousness — that Man, for example, ceasing imperceptibly to feel himself Man, will at length attain that awfully triumphant epoch when he shall recognize his existence as that of Jehovah. In the meantime bear in mind that all is Life — Life — Life within Life — the less within the greater, and all within the Spirit Divine.

"Note — The pain of the consideration that we shall lose our individual identity, ceases at once when we further reflect that the process, as above described, is, neither more nor less than that of the absorption, by each individual intelligence, of all other intelligences (that is, of the Universe) into its own. That God may be all in all, each must become God." [Eureka]

Re: Christian Apologist

<a1624ca8-8fe7-4bea-b263-49032b9f45cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179390&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179390

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 11:02:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: goldarac...@gmail.com (Rachel)
 by: Rachel - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 18:02 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 3:21:09 AM UTC-7, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.

do you take lipoflavanoid plus? that's the only known medically effective remediation so far.

well, also, did you know, there is cognitive therapy you can do, to train your brain to stop it, or at least, if that is not fully successful, to significantly reduce the ringing? i was going to say noise, but it's really your brain that is unintentionally causing you to hear this. it is the product of its attempting to repair the tissue damage it senses by working to "fill in the gaps," so to speak. at least, this is what i read, as to why we hear the ringing.

Re: Christian Apologist

<e51d2eaf-e8ca-4671-b120-0baec7b3bda9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179391&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179391

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 11:05:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 18:05 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 11:53:22 AM UTC-4, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> "Think that the sense of individual identity will be gradually merged in the general consciousness — that Man, for example, ceasing imperceptibly to feel himself Man, will at length attain that awfully triumphant epoch when he shall recognize his existence as that of Jehovah. In the meantime bear in mind that all is Life — Life — Life within Life — the less within the greater, and all within the Spirit Divine.
>
> "Note — The pain of the consideration that we shall lose our individual identity, ceases at once when we further reflect that the process, as above described, is, neither more nor less than that of the absorption, by each individual intelligence, of all other intelligences (that is, of the Universe) into its own. That God may be all in all, each must become God." [Eureka]

I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.

Re: Christian Apologist

<5370d477-ba94-421a-b138-4d6e4739e1e9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179392&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179392

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 11:05:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 2:02:44 PM UTC-4, Rachel wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 3:21:09 AM UTC-7, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> > I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> > all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> > makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> > be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> > that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> > blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> > ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> > and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> > and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.
> do you take lipoflavanoid plus? that's the only known medically effective remediation so far.
>
> well, also, did you know, there is cognitive therapy you can do, to train your brain to stop it, or at least, if that is not fully successful, to significantly reduce the ringing? i was going to say noise, but it's really your brain that is unintentionally causing you to hear this. it is the product of its attempting to repair the tissue damage it senses by working to "fill in the gaps," so to speak. at least, this is what i read, as to why we hear the ringing.

I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.

Re: Christian Apologist

<956caf46-5fee-45e4-8525-87fdb7e8cbeen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179393&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179393

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 11:06:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 18:06 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 10:59:47 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> > I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> > all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> > makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> > be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> > that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> > blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> > ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> > and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> > and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.
> No signs or smiting required, God has spoken to me also. It's easy to hear Him when one uses the Divine given common sense and understands the rationale of virtuous words apparent if one truly sees the Reality of existence. And this is what I hear:
> I'm told God created everyone, so I can only assume that He has spoken to them all and provided a Faiths unique to each different tribe to follow.
> People of different sexuality and altered gender aren't a menace to the Church and Society when compared to the intolerance of those who would use Church and Society to persecute them.
> Ash on This and That Bullshit

I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.

Re: Christian Apologist

<e01495b1-61c1-461b-aaac-f5b298426476n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179452&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179452

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 15:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 22:33 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 2:06:00 PM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > "Think that the sense of individual identity will be gradually merged in the general consciousness — that Man, for example, ceasing imperceptibly to feel himself Man, will at length attain that awfully triumphant epoch when he shall recognize his existence as that of Jehovah. In the meantime bear in mind that all is Life — Life — Life within Life — the less within the greater, and all within the Spirit Divine.
> >
> > "Note — The pain of the consideration that we shall lose our individual identity, ceases at once when we further reflect that the process, as above described, is, neither more nor less than that of the absorption, by each individual intelligence, of all other intelligences (that is, of the Universe) into its own. That God may be all in all, each must become God.." [Eureka]
> I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.

I'm sorry, Corey. I was responding to Ash's post.

I'm sorry to hear about your tinnitus as well. Jesus sucks.

Re: Christian Apologist

<0c43a308-5808-48b8-aeb3-dad5064c4c7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179457&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179457

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 15:45:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 22:45 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:33:46 PM UTC-4, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > "Note — The pain of the consideration that we shall lose our individual identity, ceases at once when we further reflect that the process, as above described, is, neither more nor less than that of the absorption, by each individual intelligence, of all other intelligences (that is, of the Universe) into its own. That God may be all in all, each must become God." [Eureka]
> > I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.
> I'm sorry, Corey. I was responding to Ash's post.
>
> I'm sorry to hear about your tinnitus as well. Jesus sucks.

Jesus saves bottle caps.

Re: Christian Apologist

<66105832-3b76-4f6f-bfdb-62e2695217b5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179476&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179476

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 17:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 00:26 UTC

> [...]
> > >
> > > "Note — The pain of the consideration that we shall lose our individual identity, ceases at once when we further reflect that the process, as above described, is, neither more nor less than that of the absorption, by each individual intelligence, of all other intelligences (that is, of the Universe) into its own. That God may be all in all, each must become God." [Eureka]
> > I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.
> I'm sorry, Corey. I was responding to Ash's post.

I read it and still contemplating it. It was thought provoking which I like.
> I'm sorry to hear about your tinnitus as well. Jesus sucks.

Re: Christian Apologist

<f09b0f24-97b9-4a6d-8783-3ebbcd9c2492n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179524&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179524

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 01:36:34 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 09:36 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 8:26:06 PM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:33:46 PM UTC-4, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I’m sorry. You apparently missed the point of my post completely. My bad.
> > I'm sorry, Corey. I was responding to Ash's post.
> I read it and still contemplating it. It was thought provoking which I like.
> > I'm sorry to hear about your tinnitus as well. Jesus sucks.

I’m very pleased that you thought it provocative,
and would love to hear what thoughts it provoked.

Thanks.

Re: Christian Apologist

<758f9cad-5c63-4be3-927a-555ae0992b55n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179527&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179527

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 02:32:39 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 10:32 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.

Once upon an old joke, a priest and a lawyer go golfing.
The lawyer goes first, takes careful aim, swings, misses
and says, "Damn it, I missed!" The priest says, "Do not say
that or God will strike you down." On the next hole, the lawyer
takes careful aim, swings, misses again, and says, "Damn it,
I missed!" The priest says, "If you say that one more time, God
will strike you down." On the third hole the lawyer takes careful
aim, swings, misses, and says, "Damn it, I missed!" Suddenly, a
lightning bolt comes down from the sky and hits the priest, and
a voice from above says, "DAMN IT, I MISSED!"

Once upon an amphibious assault and landing training maneuver
on the beach of Little Creek, Va circa October 1978, lightning struck.
The rest is history.

Re: Christian Apologist

<7ffc8964-d9bd-4dea-8a56-983b168ff78an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179528&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179528

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 02:50:00 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 10:50 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 5:32:40 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> > I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> > all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> > makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> > be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> > that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> > blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> > ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> > and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> > and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.
> Once upon an old joke, a priest and a lawyer go golfing.
> The lawyer goes first, takes careful aim, swings, misses
> and says, "Damn it, I missed!" The priest says, "Do not say
> that or God will strike you down." On the next hole, the lawyer
> takes careful aim, swings, misses again, and says, "Damn it,
> I missed!" The priest says, "If you say that one more time, God
> will strike you down." On the third hole the lawyer takes careful
> aim, swings, misses, and says, "Damn it, I missed!" Suddenly, a
> lightning bolt comes down from the sky and hits the priest, and
> a voice from above says, "DAMN IT, I MISSED!"
>
> Once upon an amphibious assault and landing training maneuver
> on the beach of Little Creek, Va circa October 1978, lightning struck.
> The rest is history.

We remember some things, some things we’d rather forget.
With respect to the old joke, imagine yourself the target
of heavenly wrath, but the other guy gets killed instead.
That’s the kind of thing that really fucks with your head.

Re: Christian Apologist

<d0fa75fc-ee69-4ce5-ae7c-3f8bb083c2fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179529&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179529

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 03:11:57 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 11:11 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 5:50:01 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 5:32:40 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > > First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> > > I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> > > all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> > > makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> > > be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> > > that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> > > blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> > > ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> > > and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> > > and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.
> > Once upon an old joke, a priest and a lawyer go golfing.
> > The lawyer goes first, takes careful aim, swings, misses
> > and says, "Damn it, I missed!" The priest says, "Do not say
> > that or God will strike you down." On the next hole, the lawyer
> > takes careful aim, swings, misses again, and says, "Damn it,
> > I missed!" The priest says, "If you say that one more time, God
> > will strike you down." On the third hole the lawyer takes careful
> > aim, swings, misses, and says, "Damn it, I missed!" Suddenly, a
> > lightning bolt comes down from the sky and hits the priest, and
> > a voice from above says, "DAMN IT, I MISSED!"
> >
> > Once upon an amphibious assault and landing training maneuver
> > on the beach of Little Creek, Va circa October 1978, lightning struck.
> > The rest is history.
> We remember some things, some things we’d rather forget.
> With respect to the old joke, imagine yourself the target
> of heavenly wrath, but the other guy gets killed instead.
> That’s the kind of thing that really fucks with your head.

You don’t have to be a Christian, or any kind of religion or
religious person in order to have a “Come to Jesus” moment.
Come to Jesus is simply a moment of sudden realization that
everything makes perfect sense if you think about it long enough.

Re: Christian Apologist

<9760f58b-0496-4447-a982-b2804d11aa8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179545&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179545

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 05:00:23 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 13:00 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 5:50:01 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 5:32:40 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 6:21:09 AM UTC-4, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > > First and foremost, before we go anywhere with this,
> > > I want to preemptively extend my heartfelt apology to
> > > all of you for any and all of the really stupid shit Jesus
> > > makes me do and say. No offense intended. I would not
> > > be here if it weren’t for Him, and I am absolutely certain
> > > that you have much better things to do than listen to me
> > > blame Jesus for my condition, specifically tinnitus. My
> > > ears ring constantly like you would not fucking believe,
> > > and it all started way back when I got struck by lightning
> > > and blew out my eardrums. That’s also when I met Jesus.
> > Once upon an old joke, a priest and a lawyer go golfing.
> > The lawyer goes first, takes careful aim, swings, misses
> > and says, "Damn it, I missed!" The priest says, "Do not say
> > that or God will strike you down." On the next hole, the lawyer
> > takes careful aim, swings, misses again, and says, "Damn it,
> > I missed!" The priest says, "If you say that one more time, God
> > will strike you down." On the third hole the lawyer takes careful
> > aim, swings, misses, and says, "Damn it, I missed!" Suddenly, a
> > lightning bolt comes down from the sky and hits the priest, and
> > a voice from above says, "DAMN IT, I MISSED!"
> >
> > Once upon an amphibious assault and landing training maneuver
> > on the beach of Little Creek, Va circa October 1978, lightning struck.
> > The rest is history.
> We remember some things, some things we’d rather forget.
> With respect to the old joke, imagine yourself the target
> of heavenly wrath, but the other guy gets killed instead.
> That’s the kind of thing that really fucks with your head.

Depends, if the other man didn't die due to you but due to his own doing, I always considered that a lesson to learn. When growing up, I watched my peers in my neighbor screw up. They ended up in prison for murder and I'm retired military...

Re: Christian Apologist

<4f5128a5-1035-43a7-b32e-4831688d3e97n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179547&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179547

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 05:12:55 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 13:12 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 8:00:25 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 5:50:01 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> > > Once upon an old joke, a priest and a lawyer go golfing.
> > > The lawyer goes first, takes careful aim, swings, misses
> > > and says, "Damn it, I missed!" The priest says, "Do not say
> > > that or God will strike you down." On the next hole, the lawyer
> > > takes careful aim, swings, misses again, and says, "Damn it,
> > > I missed!" The priest says, "If you say that one more time, God
> > > will strike you down." On the third hole the lawyer takes careful
> > > aim, swings, misses, and says, "Damn it, I missed!" Suddenly, a
> > > lightning bolt comes down from the sky and hits the priest, and
> > > a voice from above says, "DAMN IT, I MISSED!"
> > >
> > > Once upon an amphibious assault and landing training maneuver
> > > on the beach of Little Creek, Va circa October 1978, lightning struck..
> > > The rest is history.
> > We remember some things, some things we’d rather forget.
> > With respect to the old joke, imagine yourself the target
> > of heavenly wrath, but the other guy gets killed instead.
> > That’s the kind of thing that really fucks with your head.
> Depends, if the other man didn't die due to you but due to his own doing, I always considered that a lesson to learn. When growing up, I watched my peers in my neighbor screw up. They ended up in prison for murder and I'm retired military...

In fact, neither man was doing anything. They were both just sitting there, doing nothing.
Then, BOOM. Lightning strikes, one man dead, one man sentenced to life with tinnitus.

Re: Christian Apologist

<c1bb15c5-a16b-4f91-882d-f4018a0a6364n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179561&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179561

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:11:13 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:11 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 8:12:56 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 8:00:25 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > We remember some things, some things we’d rather forget.
> > > With respect to the old joke, imagine yourself the target
> > > of heavenly wrath, but the other guy gets killed instead.
> > > That’s the kind of thing that really fucks with your head.
> > Depends, if the other man didn't die due to you but due to his own doing, I always considered that a lesson to learn. When growing up, I watched my peers in my neighbor screw up. They ended up in prison for murder and I'm retired military...
> In fact, neither man was doing anything. They were both just sitting there, doing nothing.
> Then, BOOM. Lightning strikes, one man dead, one man sentenced to life with tinnitus.

And why you have religion, man's attempt to reconcile the arbitrary side of Nature. In that and your case, it's just bad luck-- wrong place at the wrong time and you won the lottery.

Re: Christian Apologist

<84fc2574-2481-4d6d-960b-345fb3ae99ecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179566&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179566

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:32:23 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:32 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:11:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 8:12:56 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:

> > > Depends, if the other man didn't die due to you but due to his own doing, I always considered that a lesson to learn. When growing up, I watched my peers in my neighbor screw up. They ended up in prison for murder and I'm retired military...
> > In fact, neither man was doing anything. They were both just sitting there, doing nothing.
> > Then, BOOM. Lightning strikes, one man dead, one man sentenced to life with tinnitus.
> And why you have religion, man's attempt to reconcile the arbitrary side of Nature. In that and your case, it's just bad luck-- wrong place at the wrong time and you won the lottery.

You make it sound so easy. I actually won a lifetime of obligations and difficult decisions, some lottery.

Re: Christian Apologist

<19112ce8-7fa6-4c4a-b1eb-3d4f16a83184n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179567&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179567

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:34:34 -0800 (PST)
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:34 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:32:24 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:11:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > In fact, neither man was doing anything. They were both just sitting there, doing nothing.
> > > Then, BOOM. Lightning strikes, one man dead, one man sentenced to life with tinnitus.
> > And why you have religion, man's attempt to reconcile the arbitrary side of Nature. In that and your case, it's just bad luck-- wrong place at the wrong time and you won the lottery.
> You make it sound so easy. I actually won a lifetime of obligations and difficult decisions, some lottery.

Would you prefer death?

Re: Christian Apologist

<30e49ce6-a7c5-4254-94dd-ee173c3943a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179568&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179568

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:37:36 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:37 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:34:35 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:32:24 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:

> > > And why you have religion, man's attempt to reconcile the arbitrary side of Nature. In that and your case, it's just bad luck-- wrong place at the wrong time and you won the lottery.
> > You make it sound so easy. I actually won a lifetime of obligations and difficult decisions, some lottery.
> Would you prefer death?

Not only do I prefer obligations and difficult
decisions, but I am a glutton for punishment.

Re: Christian Apologist

<924744b8-5184-4f3b-a61f-e274a4e45398n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179569&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179569

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:43:57 -0800 (PST)
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:43 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:37:37 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:34:35 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:

> > > You make it sound so easy. I actually won a lifetime of obligations and difficult decisions, some lottery.
> > Would you prefer death?
> Not only do I prefer obligations and difficult
> decisions, but I am a glutton for punishment.

Yes, punishment is part of the deal, we are animals with supposed advanced brains, yet we kill each other despite the electric car.

Some enjoy the daily lash right here in a poetry group.

Re: Christian Apologist

<5d7a3245-08c5-47e7-84e1-3934a900fb92n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179571&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179571

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:54:13 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:54 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:45:53 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:37:37 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:

> > > Would you prefer death?
> > Not only do I prefer obligations and difficult
> > decisions, but I am a glutton for punishment.
> Yes, punishment is part of the deal, we are animals with supposed advanced brains, yet we kill each other despite the electric car.

Or we kill each other for the electric car...

> Some enjoy the daily lash right here in a poetry group.

Re: Christian Apologist

<1c8918cb-ffc9-4249-a18a-a41bccfd34a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179572&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179572

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 06:58:07 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:58 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:45:53 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:37:37 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:

> > > Would you prefer death?
> > Not only do I prefer obligations and difficult
> > decisions, but I am a glutton for punishment.
> Yes, punishment is part of the deal, we are animals with supposed advanced brains, yet we kill each other despite the electric car.
>
> Some enjoy the daily lash right here in a poetry group.

“Life is a struggle.”, and “Work conquers all.” sounded more
profound in French and Latin coming from Voltaire and Virgil.

Re: Christian Apologist

<ef7cc255-b484-4ef1-a882-6dc0ad0904e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179574&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179574

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 07:04:55 -0800 (PST)
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:04 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:58:08 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:45:53 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:

> > > Not only do I prefer obligations and difficult
> > > decisions, but I am a glutton for punishment.
> > Yes, punishment is part of the deal, we are animals with supposed advanced brains, yet we kill each other despite the electric car.
> >
> > Some enjoy the daily lash right here in a poetry group.
> “Life is a struggle.”, and “Work conquers all.” sounded more
> profound in French and Latin coming from Voltaire and Virgil.

The 'American' Indians most likely had a few different profane words for it..

Re: Christian Apologist

<a8ecff74-ee27-48c4-b40e-3d2a3d38d122n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179575&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#179575

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 07:07:05 -0800 (PST)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:07 UTC

On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:32:24 AM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 9:11:14 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> > > In fact, neither man was doing anything. They were both just sitting there, doing nothing.
> > > Then, BOOM. Lightning strikes, one man dead, one man sentenced to life with tinnitus.
> > And why you have religion, man's attempt to reconcile the arbitrary side of Nature. In that and your case, it's just bad luck-- wrong place at the wrong time and you won the lottery.
> You make it sound so easy. I actually won a lifetime of obligations and difficult decisions, some lottery.

That's why they call it "God's will", so much easier to blame it on the Man..