From: mat...@myemail.invalid (Matt)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Subject: Re: McCartney 3,2,1
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 15:57:28 GMT
 by: Matt - Sat, 17 Jul 2021 15:57 UTC

On 17 Jul 2021 at 14:33:18 CEST, "Norbert K" <norbertkosky69@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 5:21:52 AM UTC-4, Matt wrote:
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTSe5hgB04s>
>>
>> <https://www.theringer.com/music/2021/7/16/22579638/paul-mccartney-321-hulu-rick-rubin>
>>

>> Very Nice!!
>
> Awesome! Something to look forward to.
>
> McCartney is not resting on his laurels.

A friend gave me the complete series, I have only seen the first chapter and
it is great!
Very intimate, Paul commenting over the mixing table about the songs and
details of The Beatles,
really exciting and highly recommended ....

.... I do not like that it is in black and white, but it is not a problem.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-rick-rubin-hulu-docuseries-mccartney-3-2-1-1170391/

Re: McCartney 3,2,1

<sd1tve$iai$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=1795&group=rec.music.beatles#1795

From: jol...@gmail.com (Joe Morris)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 19:04:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Joe Morris - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 19:04 UTC

Not so long ago, Matt wrote:
> A friend gave me the complete series, I have only seen the first chapter and
> it is great!
> Very intimate, Paul commenting over the mixing table about the songs and
> details of The Beatles,
> really exciting and highly recommended ....

> ... I do not like that it is in black and white, but it is not a problem.

There were some very long stretches of both of them just nodding in-beat to
the regular mix, but some great moments

The deep dive into "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was awesome
as was "Something"

I don't think I knew about the Chuck Berry/Come Together connection
and that was a cool discussion of changing the groove to fix that
sort of possible conflict. Wonder if George was thinking about
that with "My Sweet Lord"?

The piccolo trumpet story was great

Overall a nice set of mini-documentaries
--
Joe Morris Atlanta history blog
jolomo@gmail.com http://atlhistory.com