He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder. -- M. C. Escher

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)BTR1701
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)BTR1701
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
|+- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
 |`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 | `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
 |  `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 |   +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Arthur Lipscomb
 |   |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 |   `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)BTR1701
 |    `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk
 +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Ian J. Ball
 +* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)A Friend
 |`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
 +- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Dimensional Traveler
 `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)Ubiquitous
  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)anim8rfsk

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<UBI20230322@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179795&group=rec.arts.tv#179795

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 04:30:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS
https://youtu.be/QQFQo-Mq8Nw

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Divorce Party Crashers". Lala and Katie freak out at Raquel for making out
with Oliver; Scheana plans a guy's night to help Schwartz get back in the
game; Tom and Tom weigh a big decision about the future of their bar; Lisa
consoles Ariana about her loss.

I don't think I liked anyone this week.

LaLa accused Raqu^H^Hchel of being "sloppy and untrustworthy". Oh, really,
LaLa?

After returning to their room, the girls wonder if Raqu^H^Hchel made out with
Oliver at Discopussy. You guys were watching them! Katie conjectures that
Raqu^H^Hchel only seems interested in men who are already in a relationship.
Insightful, but you're divorcing the man who she asked to make out with and
LaLa passed Oliver over to Raqu^H^Hchel. Raqu^H^Hchel staggers in and calls
out LaLa, only to be cruelly mocked after she leaves to cries herself to
sleep. Why are they making me feel bad for her?

The next morning, Raqu^H^Hchel confesses that she said some bad things during
her brownout but LaLa acts like a pharisee.

Meanwhile, Schemer has arranged for Schwartz to play the home version of What
Not To Wear. Of course, she lets it slip that Katie is having a divorce party
and offers to throw one for him.

While the girls drive to Lake Havasu, Raqu^H^Hchel talks about how DJ Muppet
Baby was verbally abusive towards her (didn't someone speculate about that?)
and the last straw was when he yelled at her family at Thanksgiving. I
thought he quit doing that once he sobered up... or did he?

I was amused by Bravo's commercial supporting woman which featured some
really bad examples from their shows.

I keep forgetting to mention that I hate the rainbow smear flare effect they
use in the transition scenes.

The girls arrive at Lake Havasu at a house for a much larger crowd. I guess
they needed extra room for the cameramen and crew.

Back at S&S, the Toms have yet another menu testing party. Holy crap! The
Toms discuss beneficent businesswoman Lisa Vanderbuck's offer to pay back
their initial investment into TomTom. Scandoval says something sensible for
once, that if they take the money and S&S flops, they'll have nothing. Does
Scwartz really use a magic eightball for big decisions?

Charli, who we learn hasn't worked at a Vanderbucks business for awhile
(Hmm), joins the party and spontaneously without any prompting asks about
Oliver. Lala once again denies giving him up for Raqu^H^Hchel at Discopussy.
They get into a fight and LaLa refuses to stop rehashing this Oliver nonsense
I keep forgetting about and tells Raqu^H^Hchel to "get over it", conveniently
forgetting all the bad shit she's done. LaLa and Katie and Kristina need to
shut up and quit being bitches. I now am wondering how they filmed
Raqu^H^Hchel eavesdropping on them in Vegas without being noticed? Once
again, LaLa denies this has anything to do with Oliver. Yeah, right. Charli
and Raqu^H^Hchel leave the next morning to join Shwartz's party. As soon as
they're out of line of sight, they resume bad-mouthing Raqu^H^Hchel.

Scandoval, Arianna, Schwartz, Greg, and employees have another menu tasting.
Hey, there's Scandoval's bolt necklace! This place is never going to open!
Scandalvol bad-mouths Greg in an interview. After they finish tasting the
menu items, they eagerly scamper off for boys night.

Back in Lake Havasu, the gals go to a country dive bar with gross clientele,
where LaLa immediately demonstrates her bad taste in men. Is Lake Havasu a
dump? I think Vicky from RHoOC had a summer home here and had a football hit
her on the head once. I got the impression it's full of drunk rednecks, and
not the fun kind.

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Galaxy Gaslighting". James starts to spiral when he feels that his friends
are choosing Raquel over him; Lala breaks her yearslong dry spell when she
hooks up with a new guy; Katie and Scheana clash over a hotel room snafu.

Charli and Raqu^H^Hchel show up at Schwartz's party. The anticipated
debauchery is cut short when DJ Muppet Baby, prompted by the new love of his
life, leaves. They put up a "To be continued" sign for this last week? ?????

Back in Lake Havasu, the girls return from the night out. LaLa's hookup (from
last week?) shows up. Yuck! Wow, she knows how to pick 'em, eh? LaLa won't
shut up about badmouthing Randal. You were singing a different tune when you
were getting "PJ's for those BJ's", so shut up. The next morning, LaLa will
not stop bragging about her sex. Gross. Someone tattled about Charli and
Raqu^H^Hchel showing up, causing another round of them bad-mouthing her.

Ally, the new love of DJ Muppet Baby's life, believes in astrology. Run away!
OK, I despise Ally now.

Successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks talks to the Toms about S&S.
They're sticking with Greg and liquidating their assets, but not selling
their shares in TomTom. OMG! They tell her they cannot open on schedule b/c
they're going to Schemer's wedding and other stupid stuff! After some
prodding, Scandoval vows to open on the 31st, but I didn't hear him say he
wasn't going to the wedding. ?????

Brock and Schemer at home. Hey! This is the longest I think I've seen him
this season! Schemer once again badmouths Shay before declaring Brock is her
forever man!

Katie visits Ariana and they discuss Scandoval's pool party and their pretend
sandwich shop. Holy crap! That one 10-second clip of them was more productive
than the Tom's ever were! Kate and Arianna meet a consultant on how to
conduct themselves with potential investors. Once again, wow. What the hell
is Arianna wearing? Was that Logan the guy who used to be DJ Muppet Baby's
roomate? Successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks joins them and damn
they're doing more work than the Toms! Arianna tells them about overbooked
resort, and that Schemer and Brock would like Katie to give up hers since she
isn't going to the wedding anyway. Katie is being an unreasonable bitch just
to stick it to Schemer.

Everyone preps for pool party. LaLa talks tough, as usual. What the hell is
Scandoval wearing? DJ Muppet Baby went without the love of his life, for some
reason. LaLa bitches to Schemer about Raqu^H^Hchel for some reason. DJ Muppet
Baby interviews that Raqu^H^Hchel is icing him out from the gang. LaLa said
something about spraying all over the room. Everyone takes turns stirring the
pudding. The new coven teams up on Raqu^H^Hchel again. Katie continues to be
unreasonable about the room. One of the pool party attendees was the man who
kissed Raqu^H^Hchel at Cucaracha (or whatever it's called). I mistook him for
Schwartz at first and wondered why he had changed clothes.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<atropos-EA2EE0.10021623032023@ec2-18-102-80-69.eu-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179817&group=rec.arts.tv#179817

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:02:16 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:02 UTC

In article <UBI20230322@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

> I watched:
>
> THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS
> https://youtu.be/QQFQo-Mq8Nw
>
> VANDERPUMP RULES:
> "Divorce Party Crashers". Lala and Katie freak out at Raquel for making out
> with Oliver;

Lala gave him up!

> I don't think I liked anyone this week.
>
> LaLa accused Raqu^H^Hchel of being "sloppy and untrustworthy". Oh, really,
> LaLa?
>
> After returning to their room, the girls wonder if Raquel made out with
> Oliver at Discopussy. You guys were watching them! Katie conjectures that
> Raquel only seems interested in men who are already in a relationship.
> Insightful, but you're divorcing the man who she asked to make out with and
> LaLa passed Oliver over to Raquel. Raquel staggers in and calls
> out LaLa, only to be cruelly mocked after she leaves to cries herself to
> sleep. Why are they making me feel bad for her?
>
> The next morning, Raquel confesses that she said some bad things during
> her brownout but LaLa acts like a pharisee.
>
> Meanwhile, Schemer has arranged for Schwartz to play the home version of What
> Not To Wear. Of course, she lets it slip that Katie is having a divorce party
> and offers to throw one for him.
>
> While the girls drive to Lake Havasu, Raquel talks about how DJ Muppet
> Baby was verbally abusive towards her (didn't someone speculate about that?)
> and the last straw was when he yelled at her family at Thanksgiving. I
> thought he quit doing that once he sobered up... or did he?
>
> I was amused by Bravo's commercial supporting woman which featured some
> really bad examples from their shows.
>
> I keep forgetting to mention that I hate the rainbow smear flare effect they
> use in the transition scenes.
>
> The girls arrive at Lake Havasu at a house for a much larger crowd. I guess
> they needed extra room for the cameramen and crew.
>
> Back at S&S, the Toms have yet another menu testing party. Holy crap! The
> Toms discuss beneficent businesswoman Lisa Vanderbuck's offer to pay back
> their initial investment into TomTom. Scandoval says something sensible for
> once, that if they take the money and S&S flops, they'll have nothing. Does
> Scwartz really use a magic eightball for big decisions?
>
> Charli, who we learn hasn't worked at a Vanderbucks business for awhile
> (Hmm), joins the party and spontaneously without any prompting asks about
> Oliver. Lala once again denies giving him up for Raquel at Discopussy.
> They get into a fight and LaLa refuses to stop rehashing this Oliver nonsense
> I keep forgetting about and tells Raquel to "get over it", conveniently
> forgetting all the bad shit she's done. LaLa and Katie and Kristina need to
> shut up and quit being bitches. I now am wondering how they filmed
> Raquel eavesdropping on them in Vegas without being noticed? Once
> again, LaLa denies this has anything to do with Oliver.

Why was everyone hung up on that Oliver guy anyway. They were acting
like he was the next incarnation of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or
something when in reality he was just a pudgy guy with cornrows. I guess
the rich white girls were really craving the BBC.

Lala seems like the kind of chick who goes around hitting, slapping, and
punching guys safe in the knowledge that it's taboo for them to hit her
back until one day she fucks around and finds out.

> Scandoval, Arianna, Schwartz, Greg, and employees have another menu tasting.
> Hey, there's Scandoval's bolt necklace! This place is never going to open!

It has. I've eaten there. I give it a mid-to-above average review.

However, much like Sur, none of these people you see on the show are
actually there. They only 'work' when the plot of this 'reality' show
requires them to.

> Back in Lake Havasu, the gals go to a country dive bar with gross clientele,
> where LaLa immediately demonstrates her bad taste in men. Is Lake Havasu a
> dump?

It's rather nice most of the year but in March it turns into a spring
break nightmare.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvi0pt$17rk0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179819&group=rec.arts.tv#179819

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:03:57 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:03 UTC

On 2023-03-23 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Will probably do a more complete two-day tomorrow, but briefly what I
watched yesterday was:

DOOL - Mon's ep

(I also finished watching the "Babes of Prey" pilot on The Tubi!)

Gotham Knights (ep. #2; recorded)

Both "Jodi Arias" Lifetime movies on LMN (I had actaully never watched
the first one before, and this my first chance to watch the second
one...)

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvi8tj$197d3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179832&group=rec.arts.tv#179832

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 12:21:02 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 19:21 UTC

On 3/23/2023 10:03 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-03-23 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Will probably do a more complete two-day tomorrow, but briefly what I
> watched yesterday was:
>
> DOOL - Mon's ep
>
> (I also finished watching the "Babes of Prey" pilot on The Tubi!)
>
> Gotham Knights (ep. #2; recorded)
>
> Both "Jodi Arias" Lifetime movies on LMN (I had actaully never watched
> the first one before, and this my first chance to watch the second one...)

I tried to post yesterday. Typed it up and hit send, but the internet
gremlins apparently ate it. Not only did it not appear (as far as I can
tell) it disappeared from my sent folder too! So I guess this will be a
two-day catch up. Sorry if some of this turns out to be a duplicate.

I watched:

Quantum Leap - "Ben, Interrupted" - Pretty good one dealing with the
evil leaper. They really need to start taking a rival time traveler way
more seriously.

Accused - "Jack's Story" - Jason Ritter stars as a high school teacher
who gets falsely accused of a crime by a student he was just trying to help.

The Blacklist - "The Hyena" - Red goes on a treasure hunt. It was
generally a good episode but the rationale for the FBI involvement was
sketchy at best.

Superman & Lois - "Uncontrollable Forces" - Mostly background noise.

The Mandalorian - "Chapter 20: The Foundling" - Apollo Creed directs
this episode focusing on Bo-Katan leading the Mandalorians on a rescue
mission. I can't tell for sure if Bo has drunken the Kool-Aid or is
only thinking about it. But having to ask how do I eat is a sure sign
the cult isn't worth joining!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvii9i$1amhb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179846&group=rec.arts.tv#179846

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 15:02:30 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:02 UTC

I watched SG-1 pick over two more G'ould abandoned worlds in episodes
S1E05 The Broca Divide and S1E06 The First Commandment. The second had
what might be a callback to the movie.

Daniel Jackson: This tastes like chicken.
Sam Carter: So what's wrong with it?
Daniel Jackson: It's macaroni and cheese.

(For those who don't remember, the movie Jackson tastes some cooked
Abydos giant bug and comments that it tastes like chicken.)

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<1300139256.701280549.353955.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179858&group=rec.arts.tv#179858

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:29:34 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 01:29 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

DA FLASH
They reran the season premiere. Some schedules say they’ll have two new
episodes next week; others disagree. I don’t know what the hell they’re
doing.

STAR TREK PICARD.
Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
has updated it by making it age.
They also bring back the bird of prey from star trek 4 the whale one, the
space dock from Star Trek three, and Geordie, and that Greek bitch who
continues to literally phone in her part.
But nobody does anything, they just gather.
Oh, when they move Riker off stage for reasons that are inexplicable.

THE SNARK
Lots of stuff happened and some of it wasn’t completely stupid. The big
problem was that somehow just sitting still in space Ark one uses uranium
238 at an enormous rate but if they go FTL the 238 is self renewing so they
can apparently go forever, I think that was writer number two.

If Ian doesn’t Snark it, I’ll come back and elaborate.

SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE.
I like this movie. I don’t care what Ian says. Buffy and young Indiana
Jones fall in love thanks to a magic crab who gets them to cook his
friends. A lovely copy was on STARZ encore Espanol interrupted only by one
of those stupid monthly emergency alerts that they do several times a day
wiping out 10 minutes at the end.

MATT HOUSTON
S03E05 “Caged“.
CJ (Pamela Hensley) wrecks her car in the middle of nowhere. Based on the
way she’s dressed, local law enforcement assumes she’s a hooker and puts
her to work in the local whore farm, where she’s dressed in hooker clothes
(oh wait she brought those with her) and tiny bikinis and takes community
showers where they wear towels wrapped around their torso (barely) that
they kick box in.

Yes, this is the best episode of MATT HOUSTON ever made!

My daily dose of AIMEE GARCIA included FAMILY GUY, and LUCIFER. The family
guy message was that illegal aliens and their illegitimate children deserve
to be here.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvivhs$1cug8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179859&group=rec.arts.tv#179859

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 18:48:36 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 01:48 UTC

On 3/23/2023 6:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> DA FLASH
> They reran the season premiere. Some schedules say they’ll have two new
> episodes next week; others disagree. I don’t know what the hell they’re
> doing.

I haven't checked my recording, but the DVR says it's a new episode.

> STAR TREK PICARD.
> Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
> Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
> has updated it by making it age.

I think this was a different Soong. I don't remember him but I'm
guessing he was introduced in the first season and I think he said
Picard is using the body he built for himself.

> They also bring back the bird of prey from star trek 4 the whale one, the
> space dock from Star Trek three,

Very cool scene seeing all the original ships.

> THE SNARK
> Lots of stuff happened and some of it wasn’t completely stupid. The big
> problem was that somehow just sitting still in space Ark one uses uranium
> 238 at an enormous rate but if they go FTL the 238 is self renewing so they
> can apparently go forever, I think that was writer number two.

The ship doesn't move. Space warps around it. Very next scene is the
ship moving. The snark writes itself!

> If Ian doesn’t Snark it, I’ll come back and elaborate.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvj08d$1d24k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179861&group=rec.arts.tv#179861

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 19:00:45 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 02:00 UTC

On 2023-03-24 01:29:34 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> THE SNARK
> Lots of stuff happened and some of it wasn’t completely stupid. The big
> problem was that somehow just sitting still in space Ark one uses uranium
> 238 at an enormous rate but if they go FTL the 238 is self renewing so they
> can apparently go forever, I think that was writer number two.
>
> If Ian doesn’t Snark it, I’ll come back and elaborate.

March Madness has prevented me from getting to "The Ark" today - maybe
tomorrow, and definitely by Saturday.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<230320232209591627%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179863&group=rec.arts.tv#179863

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:09:59 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 02:09 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE.
> I like this movie. I don¹t care what Ian says. Buffy and young Indiana
> Jones fall in love thanks to a magic crab who gets them to cook his
> friends. A lovely copy was on STARZ encore Espanol interrupted only by one
> of those stupid monthly emergency alerts that they do several times a day
> wiping out 10 minutes at the end.

Had that today as well. Your provider can do away with on-air alerts
by buying a piece of equipment that keeps the alert in-house, but none
of them care to spend the money. We're talking a couple of k here.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvj43s$1gbi4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179866&group=rec.arts.tv#179866

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:06:40 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 03:06 UTC

On 3/23/2023 6:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> DA FLASH
> They reran the season premiere. Some schedules say they’ll have two new
> episodes next week; others disagree. I don’t know what the hell they’re
> doing.
>

> STAR TREK PICARD.
> Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
> Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
> has updated it by making it age.
> They also bring back the bird of prey from star trek 4 the whale one, the
> space dock from Star Trek three, and Geordie, and that Greek bitch who
> continues to literally phone in her part.
> But nobody does anything, they just gather.
> Oh, when they move Riker off stage for reasons that are inexplicable.
>

> THE SNARK
> Lots of stuff happened and some of it wasn’t completely stupid.

Then what's the point of watching it?

> The big
> problem was that somehow just sitting still in space Ark one uses uranium
> 238 at an enormous rate but if they go FTL the 238 is self renewing so they
> can apparently go forever, I think that was writer number two.
>
> If Ian doesn’t Snark it, I’ll come back and elaborate.
>
> SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE.
> I like this movie. I don’t care what Ian says. Buffy and young Indiana
> Jones fall in love thanks to a magic crab who gets them to cook his
> friends. A lovely copy was on STARZ encore Espanol interrupted only by one
> of those stupid monthly emergency alerts that they do several times a day
> wiping out 10 minutes at the end.
>
> MATT HOUSTON
> S03E05 “Caged“.
> CJ (Pamela Hensley) wrecks her car in the middle of nowhere. Based on the
> way she’s dressed, local law enforcement assumes she’s a hooker and puts
> her to work in the local whore farm, where she’s dressed in hooker clothes
> (oh wait she brought those with her) and tiny bikinis and takes community
> showers where they wear towels wrapped around their torso (barely) that
> they kick box in.
>
> Yes, this is the best episode of MATT HOUSTON ever made!
>

> My daily dose of AIMEE GARCIA included FAMILY GUY, and LUCIFER. The family
> guy message was that illegal aliens and their illegitimate children deserve
> to be here.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvj46p$1gbi4$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179867&group=rec.arts.tv#179867

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:08:13 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 03:08 UTC

On 3/23/2023 7:09 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <1300139256.701280549.353955.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE.
>> I like this movie. I don¹t care what Ian says. Buffy and young Indiana
>> Jones fall in love thanks to a magic crab who gets them to cook his
>> friends. A lovely copy was on STARZ encore Espanol interrupted only by one
>> of those stupid monthly emergency alerts that they do several times a day
>> wiping out 10 minutes at the end.
>

> Had that today as well. Your provider can do away with on-air alerts
> by buying a piece of equipment that keeps the alert in-house, but none
> of them care to spend the money. We're talking a couple of k here.

But that is a whole lunch they'd have to give up for that!

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<608285921.701322809.867982.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179875&group=rec.arts.tv#179875

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:06:02 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 05:06 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 3/23/2023 6:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>
>> DA FLASH
>> They reran the season premiere. Some schedules say they’ll have two new
>> episodes next week; others disagree. I don’t know what the hell they’re
>> doing.
>>

> I haven't checked my recording, but the DVR says it's a new episode.

Everything I can find says it was the Groundhog Day episode.

>> STAR TREK PICARD.
>> Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
>> Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
>> has updated it by making it age.
>
> I think this was a different Soong. I don't remember him but I'm
> guessing he was introduced in the first season and I think he said
> Picard is using the body he built for himself.

Memory alpha says this is Altan Inigo Soong, son of Noonian Soong. Looks
like he’s a Picard character. He died in the first year of the 25th
century. Yes they are now in the 25th century.

>> They also bring back the bird of prey from star trek 4 the whale one, the
>> space dock from Star Trek three,
>
> Very cool scene seeing all the original ships.

I forgot to watch THE READY ROOM. Let’s see what it has to say about that.

Apparently the actress playing Geordi‘s daughter is Burton‘s real life
daughter. (The new one this week)

Will is geeking out listing the ships.
Voyager
Enterprise a
Defiant.
Bounty

Well, despite them telling us the whole episode that they’re going to tell
us more about the museum that’s all we got.

Memory alpha says the NX Enterprise is there, which it of course shouldn’t
be.

This claims to be a list of everything recognizable. All it adds is the New
Jersey NCC-1975 which is the one Jake Misidentifies as constitution class.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/news/star-trek-picard-season-3-episode-6-ships-starfleet-museum-defiant-new-jersey-enterprise-voyager-bounty/

>> THE SNARK
>> Lots of stuff happened and some of it wasn’t completely stupid. The big
>> problem was that somehow just sitting still in space Ark one uses uranium
>> 238 at an enormous rate but if they go FTL the 238 is self renewing so they
>> can apparently go forever, I think that was writer number two.
>>

> The ship doesn't move. Space warps around it. Very next scene is the
> ship moving. The snark writes itself!

That was painful, wasn’t it. Even the effects guys don’t speak Serbian or
they don’t speak English.

All they had to do to make those sequences work was lock the camera down to
the Ark and let the background swoop past.

Also, while the ship is stopped dead, the stars are still whooshing by the
cabin windows.

>> If Ian doesn’t Snark it, I’ll come back and elaborate.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvjitf$1ijv3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179877&group=rec.arts.tv#179877

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 00:19:10 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 07:19 UTC

On 3/23/2023 10:06 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Hey, thanks for asking!
>>>
>>> DA FLASH
>>> They reran the season premiere. Some schedules say they’ll have two new
>>> episodes next week; others disagree. I don’t know what the hell they’re
>>> doing.
>>>

>> I haven't checked my recording, but the DVR says it's a new episode.
>>

> Everything I can find says it was the Groundhog Day episode.
>

>>> STAR TREK PICARD.
>>> Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
>>> Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
>>> has updated it by making it age.
>>
>> I think this was a different Soong. I don't remember him but I'm
>> guessing he was introduced in the first season and I think he said
>> Picard is using the body he built for himself.
>
> Memory alpha says this is Altan Inigo Soong, son of Noonian Soong. Looks
> like he’s a Picard character. He died in the first year of the 25th
> century. Yes they are now in the 25th century.
>

>>> They also bring back the bird of prey from star trek 4 the whale one, the
>>> space dock from Star Trek three,
>>
>> Very cool scene seeing all the original ships.
>
> I forgot to watch THE READY ROOM. Let’s see what it has to say about that.
>
> Apparently the actress playing Geordi‘s daughter is Burton‘s real life
> daughter. (The new one this week)

The regular on show is his real life daughter. The other character is
also a daughter, but played by an unrelated actress.

> Will is geeking out listing the ships.
> Voyager
> Enterprise a
> Defiant.
> Bounty
>
> Well, despite them telling us the whole episode that they’re going to tell
> us more about the museum that’s all we got.
>
> Memory alpha says the NX Enterprise is there, which it of course shouldn’t
> be.

I missed that one.

> This claims to be a list of everything recognizable. All it adds is the New
> Jersey NCC-1975 which is the one Jake Misidentifies as constitution class.
>
> https://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/news/star-trek-picard-season-3-episode-6-ships-starfleet-museum-defiant-new-jersey-enterprise-voyager-bounty/

Thanks

>>> THE SNARK
>>> Lots of stuff happened and some of it wasn’t completely stupid. The big
>>> problem was that somehow just sitting still in space Ark one uses uranium
>>> 238 at an enormous rate but if they go FTL the 238 is self renewing so they
>>> can apparently go forever, I think that was writer number two.
>>>

>> The ship doesn't move. Space warps around it. Very next scene is the
>> ship moving. The snark writes itself!
>
> That was painful, wasn’t it. Even the effects guys don’t speak Serbian or
> they don’t speak English.
>
> All they had to do to make those sequences work was lock the camera down to
> the Ark and let the background swoop past.
>
> Also, while the ship is stopped dead, the stars are still whooshing by the
> cabin windows.
>

>>> If Ian doesn’t Snark it, I’ll come back and elaborate.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<1439314527.701344485.418281.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179891&group=rec.arts.tv#179891

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 03:00:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 10:00 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 3/23/2023 10:06 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> I haven't checked my recording, but the DVR says it's a new episode.
>>>

>> Everything I can find says it was the Groundhog Day episode.

>>> I think this was a different Soong. I don't remember him but I'm
>>> guessing he was introduced in the first season and I think he said
>>> Picard is using the body he built for himself.
>>
>> Memory alpha says this is Altan Inigo Soong, son of Noonian Soong. Looks
>> like he’s a Picard character. He died in the first year of the 25th
>> century. Yes they are now in the 25th century.

>>> Very cool scene seeing all the original ships.
>>
>> I forgot to watch THE READY ROOM. Let’s see what it has to say about that.
>>
>> Apparently the actress playing Geordi‘s daughter is Burton‘s real life
>> daughter. (The new one this week)
>>

> The regular on show is his real life daughter. The other character is
> also a daughter, but played by an unrelated actress.

Other way around. The actress who showed up for the first time this week in
THE BOUNTY is:
Mica Burton
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6006923/

The actress who plays the helmsman on the titan (Sydney) is:
Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6569232/

>> Will is geeking out listing the ships.
>> Voyager
>> Enterprise a
>> Defiant.
>> Bounty
>>
>> Well, despite them telling us the whole episode that they’re going to tell
>> us more about the museum that’s all we got.
>>
>> Memory alpha says the NX Enterprise is there, which it of course shouldn’t
>> be.
>>

> I missed that one.

I sure don’t see it.

>> This claims to be a list of everything recognizable. All it adds is the New
>> Jersey NCC-1975 which is the one Jake Misidentifies as constitution class.
>>
>> https://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/news/star-trek-picard-season-3-episode-6-ships-starfleet-museum-defiant-new-jersey-enterprise-voyager-bounty/
>>

> Thanks

NP

>>> The ship doesn't move. Space warps around it. Very next scene is the
>>> ship moving. The snark writes itself!
>>
>> That was painful, wasn’t it. Even the effects guys don’t speak Serbian or
>> they don’t speak English.
>>
>> All they had to do to make those sequences work was lock the camera down to
>> the Ark and let the background swoop past.
>>
>> Also, while the ship is stopped dead, the stars are still whooshing by the
>> cabin windows.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvkc7r$1mr7l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179904&group=rec.arts.tv#179904

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 07:31:22 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:31 UTC

On 3/24/2023 3:00 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Everything I can find says it was the Groundhog Day episode.

>>> Memory alpha says this is Altan Inigo Soong, son of Noonian Soong. Looks
>>> like he’s a Picard character. He died in the first year of the 25th
>>> century. Yes they are now in the 25th century.

>>> I forgot to watch THE READY ROOM. Let’s see what it has to say about that.
>>>
>>> Apparently the actress playing Geordi‘s daughter is Burton‘s real life
>>> daughter. (The new one this week)
>>>

>> The regular on show is his real life daughter. The other character is
>> also a daughter, but played by an unrelated actress.
>
> Other way around. The actress who showed up for the first time this week in
> THE BOUNTY is:
> Mica Burton
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6006923/
>
> The actress who plays the helmsman on the titan (Sydney) is:
> Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6569232/

Thanks for clearing that up. I was relying on Wikipedia which lists
Mica as a reoccurring character. I was actually confused when Levar
showed up with a second daughter in tow who at first I was wondering if
she was a second biological daughter. With all the hype surrounding
Levar's real life daughter being on the show and Wiki saying she is a
reccurring character, I suspect there may be a lot of confusion out there.

>>> Will is geeking out listing the ships.
>>> Voyager
>>> Enterprise a
>>> Defiant.
>>> Bounty
>>>
>>> Well, despite them telling us the whole episode that they’re going to tell
>>> us more about the museum that’s all we got.
>>>
>>> Memory alpha says the NX Enterprise is there, which it of course shouldn’t
>>> be.
>>>

>> I missed that one.
>
> I sure don’t see it.
>

>>> This claims to be a list of everything recognizable. All it adds is the New
>>> Jersey NCC-1975 which is the one Jake Misidentifies as constitution class.
>>>
>>> https://comicbook.com/startrek/amp/news/star-trek-picard-season-3-episode-6-ships-starfleet-museum-defiant-new-jersey-enterprise-voyager-bounty/
>>>

>> Thanks
>
> NP

>>> That was painful, wasn’t it. Even the effects guys don’t speak Serbian or
>>> they don’t speak English.
>>>
>>> All they had to do to make those sequences work was lock the camera down to
>>> the Ark and let the background swoop past.
>>>
>>> Also, while the ship is stopped dead, the stars are still whooshing by the
>>> cabin windows.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<VNycnW5wnf8qf4D5nZ2dnZfqn_QAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179918&group=rec.arts.tv#179918

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:49:43 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:49 UTC

On Mar 24, 2023 at 3:00:18 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>> On 3/23/2023 10:06 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>>
>>> Apparently the actress playing Geordi‘s daughter is Burton‘s real life
>>> daughter. (The new one this week)
>>>
>> The regular on show is his real life daughter. The other character is
>> also a daughter, but played by an unrelated actress.
>
> Other way around. The actress who showed up for the first time this week in
> THE BOUNTY is:
> Mica Burton
> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6006923/
>
> The actress who plays the helmsman on the titan (Sydney) is:
> Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut

She's the one who's in my pocket!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<1477226107.701376336.055380.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179925&group=rec.arts.tv#179925

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 11:51:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 18:51 UTC

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> On 3/24/2023 3:00 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> The regular on show is his real life daughter. The other character is
>>> also a daughter, but played by an unrelated actress.
>>
>> Other way around. The actress who showed up for the first time this week in
>> THE BOUNTY is:
>> Mica Burton
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6006923/
>>
>> The actress who plays the helmsman on the titan (Sydney) is:
>> Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6569232/
>>

> Thanks for clearing that up. I was relying on Wikipedia which lists
> Mica as a reoccurring character. I was actually confused when Levar
> showed up with a second daughter in tow who at first I was wondering if
> she was a second biological daughter. With all the hype surrounding
> Levar's real life daughter being on the show and Wiki saying she is a
> reccurring character, I suspect there may be a lot of confusion out there.

I probably would’ve thought it was the other way around as well. If I
hadn’t watched THE READY ROOM.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<680737382.701376440.507362.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179926&group=rec.arts.tv#179926

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 11:51:51 -0700

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 24, 2023 at 3:00:18 AM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> The regular on show is his real life daughter. The other character is
>>> also a daughter, but played by an unrelated actress.
>>
>> Other way around. The actress who showed up for the first time this week in
>> THE BOUNTY is:
>> Mica Burton
>> https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6006923/
>>
>> The actress who plays the helmsman on the titan (Sydney) is:
>> Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut
>
> She's the one who's in my pocket!

She looks really different in real life than she does made up as Sydney.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvs01q$36fad$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180193&group=rec.arts.tv#180193

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 04:30:45 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> What did you watch?
>
>STAR TREK PICARD.
>Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
>Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
>has updated it by making it age.

Wait, didn't they rebuild him in the final NextGen movie? Could they not
afford prosthetics or youthenating CGI for the rebuilt Data?

--
Let's go Brandon!

>--
>The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<tvsb1r$38uli$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180207&group=rec.arts.tv#180207

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 04:30:44 -0500

atropos@mac.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>
>> VANDERPUMP RULES:
>> "Divorce Party Crashers". Lala and Katie freak out at Raquel for making out
>> with Oliver;
>
>Lala gave him up!

I know, right?

The real reason LaLa is angry at Raqu^h^hchel is because Oliver chose someone
else instead of her. I also suspect she is holding a grudge because LaLa blames
her for DJ Muppet Baby stopping cheating with her on Randal.

>> I don't think I liked anyone this week.
>>
>> LaLa accused Raqu^H^Hchel of being "sloppy and untrustworthy". Oh, really,
>> LaLa?
>>
>> After returning to their room, the girls wonder if Raquel made out with
>> Oliver at Discopussy. You guys were watching them! Katie conjectures that
>> Raquel only seems interested in men who are already in a relationship.
>> Insightful, but you're divorcing the man who she asked to make out with
>> and LaLa passed Oliver over to Raquel. Raquel staggers in and calls
>> out LaLa, only to be cruelly mocked after she leaves to cries herself to
>> sleep. Why are they making me feel bad for her?
>>
>> The next morning, Raquel confesses that she said some bad things during
>> her brownout but LaLa acts like a pharisee.
>>
>> Meanwhile, Schemer has arranged for Schwartz to play the home version of
>> What Not To Wear. Of course, she lets it slip that Katie is having a divorce
>> party and offers to throw one for him.
>>
>> While the girls drive to Lake Havasu, Raquel talks about how DJ Muppet
>> Baby was verbally abusive towards her (didn't someone speculate about that?)
>> and the last straw was when he yelled at her family at Thanksgiving. I
>> thought he quit doing that once he sobered up... or did he?
>>
>> I was amused by Bravo's commercial supporting woman which featured some
>> really bad examples from their shows.
>>
>> I keep forgetting to mention that I hate the rainbow smear flare effect they
>> use in the transition scenes.
>>
>> The girls arrive at Lake Havasu at a house for a much larger crowd. I guess
>> they needed extra room for the cameramen and crew.
>>
>> Back at S&S, the Toms have yet another menu testing party. Holy crap! The
>> Toms discuss beneficent businesswoman Lisa Vanderbuck's offer to pay back
>> their initial investment into TomTom. Scandoval says something sensible for
>> once, that if they take the money and S&S flops, they'll have nothing. Does
>> Scwartz really use a magic eightball for big decisions?
>>
>> Charli, who we learn hasn't worked at a Vanderbucks business for awhile
>> (Hmm), joins the party and spontaneously without any prompting asks about
>> Oliver. Lala once again denies giving him up for Raquel at Discopussy.
>> They get into a fight and LaLa refuses to stop rehashing this Oliver
>> nonsense I keep forgetting about and tells Raquel to "get over it",
>> conveniently forgetting all the bad shit she's done. LaLa and Katie and
>> Kristina need to shut up and quit being bitches. I now am wondering how they
>> filmed Raquel eavesdropping on them in Vegas without being noticed? Once
>> again, LaLa denies this has anything to do with Oliver.
>
>Why was everyone hung up on that Oliver guy anyway. They were acting
>like he was the next incarnation of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or
>something when in reality he was just a pudgy guy with cornrows.

And a tear tattoo on his face.

>I guess the rich white girls were really craving the BBC.

I guess being the son of one of the women on THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY
HILLS didn't hurt, either.

>Lala seems like the kind of chick who goes around hitting, slapping, and
>punching guys safe in the knowledge that it's taboo for them to hit her
>back until one day she fucks around and finds out.

I really can't stand Lala. She tries so hard to be a bad ass, but just comes
across as a complete bitch and poser. LaLa pretends to be "gangsta" but she's
from Utah, FFS.

>> Scandoval, Arianna, Schwartz, Greg, and employees have another menu tasting.
>> Hey, there's Scandoval's bolt necklace! This place is never going to open!
>
>It has. I've eaten there. I give it a mid-to-above average review.

Is this better or about the same as SUR?

>> Back in Lake Havasu, the gals go to a country dive bar with gross clientele,
>> where LaLa immediately demonstrates her bad taste in men. Is Lake Havasu a
>> dump?
>
>It's rather nice most of the year but in March it turns into a spring
>break nightmare.

Lots of drunk frat boys and middle-aged men with midlife crisises, I hear.

Still, I will always remember it for the time Vicky got beaned in the head with
a nerf football.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<atropos-268248.09505927032023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180214&group=rec.arts.tv#180214

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 09:50:59 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:50 UTC

In article <tvsb1r$38uli$1@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> atropos@mac.com wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >> I watched:
> >>
> >> VANDERPUMP RULES:
> >> "Divorce Party Crashers". Lala and Katie freak out at Raquel for making
> >> out
> >> with Oliver;
> >
> >Lala gave him up!
>
> I know, right?
>
> The real reason LaLa is angry at Raqu^h^hchel is because Oliver chose someone
> else instead of her. I also suspect she is holding a grudge because LaLa
> blames
> her for DJ Muppet Baby stopping cheating with her on Randal.

> >Why was everyone hung up on that Oliver guy anyway. They were acting
> >like he was the next incarnation of Brad Pitt or George Clooney or
> >something when in reality he was just a pudgy guy with cornrows.
>
> And a tear tattoo on his face.
>
> >I guess the rich white girls were really craving the BBC.
>
> I guess being the son of one of the women on THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY
> HILLS didn't hurt, either.
>
> >Lala seems like the kind of chick who goes around hitting, slapping, and
> >punching guys safe in the knowledge that it's taboo for them to hit her
> >back until one day she fucks around and finds out.
>
> I really can't stand Lala. She tries so hard to be a bad ass, but just comes
> across as a complete bitch and poser. LaLa pretends to be "gangsta" but she's
> from Utah, FFS.
>
> >> Scandoval, Arianna, Schwartz, Greg, and employees have another menu
> >> tasting. Hey, there's Scandoval's bolt necklace! This place is never
> >> going to open!
> >
> >It has. I've eaten there. I give it a mid-to-above average review.
>
> Is this better or about the same as SUR?

SUR is much more high-end food so it's hard to compare.

> >> Back in Lake Havasu, the gals go to a country dive bar with gross
> >> clientele, where LaLa immediately demonstrates her bad taste in men.
> >> Is Lake Havasu a dump?
> >
> >It's rather nice most of the year but in March it turns into a spring
> >break nightmare.
>
> Lots of drunk frat boys and middle-aged men with midlife crisises, I hear.

Key West is very similar. Cool place 11 months out of the year but you
don't want to be there in March.

> Still, I will always remember it for the time Vicky got beaned in the head
> with a nerf football.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-22 (Wednesday)

<543577192.701634953.674534.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180249&group=rec.arts.tv#180249

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 17:22:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 00:22 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> STAR TREK PICARD.
>> Pinpoints of light filmed in total darkness. They spent an hour bringing
>> Data back, this time a new model built by the original mad scientist who
>> has updated it by making it age.
>
> Wait, didn't they rebuild him in the final NextGen movie? Could they not
> afford prosthetics or youthenating CGI for the rebuilt Data?

Nemesis ends with Data destroyed, but a back up copy loaded into his
retarded cousin.

In Picard, Thomas Riker says that they were never able to access any of
Data’s data.

They used CGI to make Data younger in season two of Picard.