Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: 9/11 War Games

SubjectAuthor
* 9/11 War Gameschromebook test
`* Re: 9/11 War Gameschromebook test
 `* Re: 9/11 War Gamessuper70s
  +* Re: 9/11 War GamesAdam H. Kerman
  |`- Re: 9/11 War Gamesdanny burstein
  +* Re: 9/11 War GamesA Friend
  |+- Re: 9/11 War GamesAdam H. Kerman
  |+- Re: 9/11 War GamesUbiquitous
  |`* Re: 9/11 War GamesMicky DuPree
  | `- Re: 9/11 War Gameschromebook test
  +* Re: 9/11 War GamesBTR1701
  |+- Re: 9/11 War Gameschromebook test
  |+- Re: 9/11 War Gamesdanny burstein
  |+- Re: 9/11 War Gamesanim8rfsk
  |`* Re: 9/11 War GamesEd Stasiak
  | +- Re: 9/11 War Gameschromebook test
  | +- Re: 9/11 War Gamesanim8rfsk
  | `- Re: 9/11 War GamesUbiquitous
  +* Re: 9/11 War Gamestrotsky
  |+- Re: 9/11 War Gamessuper70s
  |+- Re: 9/11 War Gameschromebook test
  |`- Re: 9/11 War GamesUbiquitous
  `- Re: 9/11 War GamesUbiquitous

1
9/11 War Games

<e3d4f6e9-2fc6-4a2f-8efb-c11467b7466an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179646&group=rec.arts.tv#179646

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 21:17:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: 9/11 War Games
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 04:17 UTC

9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GrV2LUGGU

Little did we know at the time, 9/11 was not a normal day of blue sky aviation. On the contrary, it was one of the busiest days in the history of American aviation, a dense forest of live fly exercises, drills, simulations, fake radar injects and utter confusion. And that was before the attacks even began.

----------

Donald Rumsfeld Speech
Sep 10, 2001 — Some might ask, how in the world could the Secretary of Defense attack the Pentagon in front of its people?

Re: 9/11 War Games

<3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179647&group=rec.arts.tv#179647

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 21:24:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 9/11 War Games
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 04:24 UTC

On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14 AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)

CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002

DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense

GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press Conference, April 13, 2004

https://vimeo.com/117123792

The Lone Gunmen S01 0x00 - DVD Extra_837-1132. X-Files I Want to Believe

Re: 9/11 War Games

<super70s-1B20BB.06393222032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179670&group=rec.arts.tv#179670

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 06:39:32 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 11:39 UTC

In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> > 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
>

> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center,
> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an
> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>
> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could
> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>
> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
> Conference, April 13, 2004

Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvf1as$l80a$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179674&group=rec.arts.tv#179674

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 13:54:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 13:54 UTC

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
> chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
>> > 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
>>

>> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center,
>> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an
>> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>>
>> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could
>> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>>
>> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>> Conference, April 13, 2004
>
>Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

Fuck Bill Clinton, whose administration shut down the FBI investigation
of Al-Qaeda after the first World Trade Center bombing. The embassy
bombings were under Clinton, as was the attack on the USS Cole. To
maintain diplomatic relations in Yemen, the fairly minimal FBI
investigation was shut down by the State Department while they were
after the plotters before the USS Cole attack occurred.

I've never blamed 9/11 on a failure of intelligence. It was a failure of
policing and a failure of our foreign relations to simply support
policing activities.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvf1l5$p22$1@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179676&group=rec.arts.tv#179676

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 14:00:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 14:00 UTC

In <tvf1as$l80a$1@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> writes:
[snip]

>Fuck Bill Clinton, whose administration shut down the FBI investigation
>of Al-Qaeda after the first World Trade Center bombing.

Fuck a whole big bunch of folk, incuding the Manhattan District
Attorney For Life's office, which similarly minimized the murder
of Rabbi Kahane by El Sayid Nosair [a] and the mass shooting
by Ali Hassan Abu Kamal at the Empire State Building in 1997 [b]

[a] three name rule, of course
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Meir_Kahane

[b] except when it's four...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Empire_State_Building_shooting

dannyb@panix.com

Re: 9/11 War Games

<220320231030421729%nope@noway.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179677&group=rec.arts.tv#179677

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:30:42 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 14:30 UTC

In article
<super70s-1B20BB.06393222032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
> chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> > > 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
> >

> > CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
> > these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade
> > Center,
> > take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use
> > an
> > airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
> > Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
> >
> > DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
> > roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
> > terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
> > Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we
> > could
> > have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
> >
> > GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
> > prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
> > massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
> > Conference, April 13, 2004
>
> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvf4oe$loh3$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179681&group=rec.arts.tv#179681

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 14:53:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 14:53 UTC

A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>In article
><super70s-1B20BB.06393222032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
>super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
>> chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>> > these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade
>> > Center,
>> > take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use
>> > an
>> > airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>> > Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>> >
>> > DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>> > roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>> > terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>> > Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we
>> > could
>> > have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>> >
>> > GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>> > prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>> > massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>> > Conference, April 13, 2004
>>
>> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.
>

>It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
>Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

It doesn't matter if it were predictable. The point is that these people
were criminals first and should have been treated like that, given the
series of crimes they'd committed prior to 9/11, including the first
World Trade Center bombing, the embassy bombings, and the attack upon
the U.S.S. Cole. You investigate crime using policing methods. You go
after the known bad guys.

Bill Clinton thwarted these police investigations by failing to make it
the policy of his foreign relations. There's just no way for him to
shift what could have happened during both of his terms onto Bush's
supposed failure to act on whatever intelligence Clinton passed along.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<KaWcnWvyooQ3tob5nZ2dnZfqn_oAAAAA@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179691&group=rec.arts.tv#179691

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:24:10 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:24 UTC

On Mar 22, 2023 at 4:39:32 AM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
wrote:

> In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
> chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
>> > 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
>>

>> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade
>> Center,
>> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use
>> an
>> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>>
>> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we
>> could
>> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>>
>> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>> Conference, April 13, 2004
>
> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<a4d5b5e7-0459-4dea-8369-265ef962f7e4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179702&group=rec.arts.tv#179702

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:49:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 17:49 UTC

On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:24:24 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2023 at 4:39:32 AM PDT, "super70s" <supe...@super70s.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340...@googlegroups.com>,
> > chromebook test <chromiu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
> >> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade
> >> Center,
> >> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use
> >> an
> >> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
> >> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
> >>
> >> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
> >> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
> >> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
> >> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we
> >> could
> >> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
> >>
> >> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
> >> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
> >> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
> >> Conference, April 13, 2004

> > Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> > W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> > up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> > that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> > though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

> Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
> OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
> that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

September 10, 2001 - Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

The topic today is an adversary that poses a threat, a serious threat, to the security of the United States of America. This adversary is one of the world’s last bastions of central planning. It governs by dictating five-year plans. From a single capital, it attempts to impose its demands across time zones, continents, oceans and beyond. With brutal consistency, it stifles free thought and crushes new ideas. It disrupts the defense of the United States and places the lives of men and women in uniform at risk.

Perhaps this adversary sounds like the former Soviet Union, but that enemy is gone: our foes are more subtle and implacable today. You may think I’m describing one of the last decrepit dictators of the world. But their day, too, is almost past, and they cannot match the strength and size of this adversary.

The adversary’s closer to home. It’s the Pentagon ...

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/kZgKu8hu3uk/m/q86KCUC6CwAJ

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvffc1$oii$1@reader2.panix.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179703&group=rec.arts.tv#179703

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 17:54:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 17:54 UTC

In <KaWcnWvyooQ3tob5nZ2dnZfqn_oAAAAA@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> writes:

[snip]

>Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
>OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
>that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

and, of course, the Martian space craft smashing into
the US Capitol in "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers".

dannyb@panix.com

Re: 9/11 War Games

<633266109.701201608.328084.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179706&group=rec.arts.tv#179706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 11:14:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 18:14 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Mar 22, 2023 at 4:39:32 AM PDT, "super70s" <super70s@super70s.invalid>
wrote:

>> In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
>> chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>>> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade
>> Center,
>>> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use
>> an
>>> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>>> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>>>
>>> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>>> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>>> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>>> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we
>> could
>>> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>>>
>>> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>>> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>>> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>>> Conference, April 13, 2004
>>
>> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.
>
> Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
OF HONOR,

I love that book.

Star Trek Debt of Honor (Trade Paperback) https://a.co/d/e69Mc44

which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<cc273cb5-ac04-466f-a8db-9078a03dadddn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179708&group=rec.arts.tv#179708

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 11:58:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 18:58 UTC

> BTR1701
>
> Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
> OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
> that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

Fuck BTR1701 for beating me to it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_of_Honor

Debt of Honor is a techno-thriller novel, written by Tom Clancy and released on August 17, 1994.

"However, an embittered Japan Air Lines pilot, driven mad by the deaths of his son and brother
during the conflict, flies his Boeing 747 directly into the U.S. Capitol during a special joint
session of Congress. The president, as well as nearly the entire Congress, the Supreme Court,
and many other members of the federal government, are all killed in the attack."

In later years, the novel was noted for its similarity to the circumstances surrounding United
Airlines Flight 93, especially regarding its climax, where an embittered Japanese pilot crashes
his 747 on a joint session of Congress in the Capitol. While researching for the novel's ending,
Clancy consulted an Air Force officer and described his reaction: "I ran this idea past him and
all of a sudden this guy's eyeballing me rather closely and I said, 'Come on General, I know
you must have looked at this before, you've got to have a plan for it.' And the guy goes, 'Mr.
Clancy, to the best of my knowledge, if we had a plan to deal with this, it would be secret,
I wouldn't be able to talk to you about it, but to the best of my knowledge we've never looked
at this possibility before.'"[5]

In April 1995, United States senator Sam Nunn outlined a scenario similar to the novel's ending,
in which terrorists attack the Capitol on the night of a State of the Union address by crashing
a radio-controlled airplane filled with chemical weapons into it. Nunn concluded that the scenario
is "not far-fetched" and that the required technology is readily available.[6] However, the 9/11
Commission Report revealed that national security officials did not consider the possibility:
“[Counterterror official] Richard Clarke told us that he was concerned about the danger posed
by aircraft in the context of protecting the Atlanta Olympics of 1996, the White House complex,
and the 2001 G-8 summit in Genoa. But he attributed his awareness more to Tom Clancy novels
than to warnings from the intelligence community.”[7]

In the aftermath of the attacks, Clancy was called into CNN and commented on the similarity
between a plane crash depicted in the novel and the crash of United Flight 93. CNN anchor
Judy Woodruff later remarked: "People in our newsroom have been saying today that what
is happening is like right out of a Tom Clancy novel."[8]

Re: 9/11 War Games

<7c670e45-8293-4b4a-805d-d35929061f95n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179710&group=rec.arts.tv#179710

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:15:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 19:15 UTC

On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 2:58:03 PM UTC-4, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> > BTR1701
> >
> > Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
> > OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
> > that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.
> Fuck BTR1701 for beating me to it!
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_of_Honor
>
> Debt of Honor is a techno-thriller novel, written by Tom Clancy and released on August 17, 1994.

> “[Counterterror official] Richard Clarke told us that he was concerned about the danger posed
> by aircraft

"They Got Away With it" - White House Terror Chief Alleges CIA 9/11 Malfeasance and Cover-Up

In a surprisingly low-key interview, Richard Clarke, former White House Counterterror "Tsar" to Presidents Clinton and Bush, goes on record about what he believes happened at the CIA in the run-up to the 9/11 attacks, accusing then-CIA Director George Tenet and two of his deputies of deliberately not informing the White House, FBI, and Defense Department about two future hijackers inside the US, then covering it up after the 9/11 investigations.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/kZgKu8hu3uk/m/q86KCUC6CwAJ

Re: 9/11 War Games

<700380383.701205662.273047.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179713&group=rec.arts.tv#179713

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 12:22:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 19:22 UTC

Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> available.[6] However, the 9/11
> Commission Report revealed that national security officials did not
> consider the possibility:
> “[Counterterror official] Richard Clarke told us that he was concerned
> about the danger posed
> by aircraft in the context of protecting the Atlanta Olympics of 1996,
> the White House complex,
> and the 2001 G-8 summit in Genoa. But he attributed his awareness more to Tom Clancy novels
> than to warnings from the intelligence community.”[7]
>
> In the aftermath of the attacks, Clancy was called into CNN and commented on the similarity
> between a plane crash depicted in the novel and the crash of United Flight 93. CNN anchor
> Judy Woodruff later remarked: "People in our newsroom have been saying today that what
> is happening is like right out of a Tom Clancy novel."[8]

The same Judy Woodruff, who asked atheists to pray on 911 because everyone
knows that atheists really pray.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<gtKSL.217313$b7Kc.199987@fx39.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179743&group=rec.arts.tv#179743

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:31:55 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 21:31 UTC

On 3/22/23 6:39 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
> chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
>>> 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
>>

>> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center,
>> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an
>> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>>
>> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could
>> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>>
>> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>> Conference, April 13, 2004
>
> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

Maybe Bush was buddies with the Saudis and Michael Moore delineated in
"Fahrenheit 9/11" and they're calling him "Bandar Bush," and Bush and
puppetmaster Cheney were privy to this the whole time.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<super70s-6710FD.17471122032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179752&group=rec.arts.tv#179752

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 17:47:11 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 22:47 UTC

In article <gtKSL.217313$b7Kc.199987@fx39.iad>,
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 3/22/23 6:39 AM, super70s wrote:
> > In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340-9c29-e6e6bd495b41n@googlegroups.com>,
> > chromebook test <chromiumtest56@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
> >> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade
> >> Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use
> >> an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
> >> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
> >>
> >> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
> >> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
> >> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
> >> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we
> >> could have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
> >>
> >> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
> >> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
> >> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
> >> Conference, April 13, 2004
> >
> > Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> > W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> > up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> > that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> > though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.
>

> Maybe Bush was buddies with the Saudis and Michael Moore delineated in
> "Fahrenheit 9/11" and they're calling him "Bandar Bush," and Bush and
> puppetmaster Cheney were privy to this the whole time.

IIRC Dick Cheney's schedule on Sept. 11 was hosting some big energy
company pow wow in the White House and Bush of course was presiding over
a children's reading in Florida.

Re: 9/11 War Games

<a9343b80-6c5e-462b-b3ce-9238e91f6e35n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179756&group=rec.arts.tv#179756

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 16:27:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 22 Mar 2023 23:27 UTC

On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 5:32:01 PM UTC-4, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/22/23 6:39 AM, super70s wrote:
> > In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340...@googlegroups.com>,
> > chromebook test <chromiu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
> >> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center,
> >> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an
> >> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
> >> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
> >>
> >> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
> >> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
> >> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
> >> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could
> >> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
> >>
> >> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
> >> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
> >> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
> >> Conference, April 13, 2004
> >
> > Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> > W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> > up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> > that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> > though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

> Maybe Bush was buddies with the Saudis and Michael Moore delineated in
> "Fahrenheit 9/11" and they're calling him "Bandar Bush," and Bush and
> puppetmaster Cheney were privy to this the whole time.

Many counterterrorism experts doubted that Saudi Arabia’s rulers would have deliberately supported al-Qaida’s effort to attack the kingdom’s most powerful ally. It was easier to imagine that a few of the extremists who flourished in the largely autonomous clerical bureaucracy might have conspired to support the plot.

If the CIA broke the rules about getting FBI approval and, in cooperation with the Saudi intelligence service, ran a false flag operation in the U.S. against al-Qaeda terrorists, that would explain why CIA managers repeatedly made decisions and issued clear instructions not to tell anyone outside the CIA the rather startling and unprecedented news that al-Qaeda operatives were in our country.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Naif, deputy premier and minister of interior, has been awarded a CIA honor in recognition of his efforts to fight terrorism. The crown prince was awarded the “George Tenet” medal by CIA Director Mike Pompeo. February 12, 2017

Muhammad bin Nayef was deposed by royal decree on 21 June 2017, and the king's son Mohammed bin Salman was made heir presumptive to the throne. He was also relieved of all positions by royal decree.

mime note: Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) is Osama bin Laden, without the airplanes, but with the bankroll.

https://www.propublica.org/article/9-11-investigation-saudi-connections-operation-encore-fbi

https://abcnews.go.com/International/28-pages-questions-alleged-saudi-spy-cia/story?id=40697425

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1052441/saudi-arabia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_bin_Nayef#Ousting

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/ow9apW3NXBc/m/EGFhpe44CAAJ

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvi22q$180a7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179822&group=rec.arts.tv#179822

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 13:25:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:25 UTC

super70s@super70s.invalid wrote:

>Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

1) Bill Clinton is a proven compulsive liar.

2) Bill Clinton has a habit of blaming others for his mistakes.

C) Bill Clinton first made this claim shortly after THE PATH TO 9-11 aired,
if memory serves.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvi2cn$180a7$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179823&group=rec.arts.tv#179823

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 13:31:03 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:31 UTC

In article <220320231030421729%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.
>
>It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
>Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

Something similar happened in a FRPG from the early 1990's:
https://www.tumblr.com/shadowron/641306615538139136/chicago-ucas-from-the-neo-anarchists-guide-to

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvi2jf$180a7$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179824&group=rec.arts.tv#179824

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 13:34:38 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:34 UTC

edstasiak1067@gmail.com wrote:

>In April 1995, United States senator Sam Nunn outlined a scenario similar to
>the novel's ending,in which terrorists attack the Capitol on the night of a
>State of the Union address by crashing a radio-controlled airplane filled
>with chemical weapons into it.

You know, I think there was an ep of the Wonder Woman show with Lynda Carter
with that plot.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvi2mf$180a7$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179825&group=rec.arts.tv#179825

Followup: rec.arts.sf.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 13:36:14 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:36 UTC

"trotsky" wrote:
> On 3/22/23 6:39 AM, super70s wrote:

>> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.
>
> Maybe Bush was buddies with the Saudis and Michael Moore delineated in
> "Fahrenheit 9/11" and they're calling him "Bandar Bush," and Bush and
> puppetmaster Cheney were privy to this the whole time.

Well, there you go repeating things that have long since been debunked!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: 9/11 War Games

<tvjkjs$skd$1@pcls7.std.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179882&group=rec.arts.tv#179882

From: MDuP...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply (Micky DuPree)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 07:48:12 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Micky DuPree - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 07:48 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> writes:

> In article
> <super70s-1B20BB.06393222032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to
>> George W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin
>> Laden was up to something and should be monitored very closely. I
>> don't know if that warning involved planes being used as weapons of
>> mass destruction though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it
>> happened.
>
> It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
> Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

I think the whole series in on YouTube. Or if you just want to skip to
the punchline:

<https://youtu.be/E9iHZn-NcH8?t=2443>

-Micky

Re: 9/11 War Games

<d0b1e052-bf40-4fca-b48e-c59dc30cef3bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179911&group=rec.arts.tv#179911

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 10:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 17:31 UTC

On Friday, March 24, 2023 at 3:48:16 AM UTC-4, Micky DuPree wrote:
> A Friend <no...@noway.com> writes:
>
> > In article
> > <super70s-1B20BB...@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
> > super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
> >> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to
> >> George W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin
> >> Laden was up to something and should be monitored very closely. I
> >> don't know if that warning involved planes being used as weapons of
> >> mass destruction though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it
> >> happened.

> > It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
> > Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

> I think the whole series in on YouTube. Or if you just want to skip to
> the punchline:
>
> <https://youtu.be/E9iHZn-NcH8?t=2443>

Missed it by that much!

Cone of silence