Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?

arts / rec.arts.tv / March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* March 25-28: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: March 25-28: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
`- Re: March 25-28: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming

<570875063.701409046.297696.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179965&group=rec.arts.tv#179965

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: March 25-28: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:53:39 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 03:53 UTC

March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, March 25

Every Breath She Takes (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Jules Baker thinks her problems are over when her abusive husband Billy is
killed after a struggle and fire that destroys their house. As she rebuilds
her life and home, rumors swirl around town--“that’s the one that killed
her husband” and problems with the insurance have fingers pointing at Jules
when it’s found out that the fire was set intentionally. After a series of
frightening events and the fact that she thinks she keeps seeing her dead
husband, Jules believes she may be going crazy. Or is Billy actually still
alive and coming for her, ready to destroy everything she’s re-built? Stars
Tamala Jones, Tisha Campbell, Brian White, Lamon Archey, Brooklyn Sudano
and Jackee Harry.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/every-breath-she-takes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26735946/

A Picture of Her (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Beth unwittingly becomes the subject of an award-winning magazine’s cover
and goes on a quest to uncover the true identity of the mystery
photographer who snapped her photo. Stars Rhiannon Fish and Tyler Hynes.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-picture-of-her

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26593219/ [as "Picture of Her"]

Sunday, March 26

Great Expectations [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

Co-produced by FX and the BBC but exclusive to Hulu in the U.S., this
six-part adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic comes from Peaky
Blinders creator Steven Knight. (It's his second Dickens adaptation
following 2019's somewhat poorly received A Christmas Carol.) Oscar-winner
Olivia Colman stars as Miss Havisham opposite Fionn Whitehead as the orphan
Pip, while additional cast members include Matt Berry, Hayley Squires,
Ashley Thomas, and Owen McDonnell. The first two episodes stream today,
while the rest follow once weekly through April 23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6hchvzwjA

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/great-expectations-2023/season-1 [score 50]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13068346/

Rabbit Hole [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

Kiefer Sutherland plays a corporate espionage agent who is framed for
murder by a powerful global organization in a spy thriller from
writer-directors John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (I Love You Phillip Morris,
This Is Us). Charles Dance, Meta Golding, Enid Graham, Rob Yang, Jason
Butler Harner, and Walt Klink also star. The first two (of eight) episodes
stream today, while the rest follow once weekly through May 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmr_V7pb7EQ

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/rabbit-hole/season-1 [score 66]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5822112/

Home, Not Alone (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Sara Wilson and her 18-year-old daughter Jordyn move into their dream home
in a great neighborhood to make a fresh start. But when strange occurrences
start happening in the house, Sara can’t help but feel danger is lurking
closer than she thinks. Andrea Bogart, Adam Huss, Maya Jenson, and Luke
Meissner star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/home-not-alone

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26458500/

The Way Home (season 1 finale, renewed for season 2; special time)
(8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

24th Mark Twain Prize for American Humor (special) (8-10
pm, CNN)

https://www.kennedy-center.org/whats-on/marktwain/

Ride [new] (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Nancy Travis (Last Man Standing, The Kominsky Method), Tiera Skovbye
(Riverdale, Nurses), Beau Mirchoff (Good Trouble, Hidden Gems), Sara Garcia
(The Flash, Reign), Jake Foy (Designated Survivor, A Little Daytime Drama)
and Tyler Jacob Moore (Barry, Shameless) star in the new, multigenerational
family ensemble following the lives of the McMurrays, part of a rodeo
dynasty going back a generation, as they struggle to keep their beloved
ranch afloat. After a tragic loss, each character embarks on an empowering
journey of transformation and self-discovery while also uncovering a
twisted web of secrets, threatening to tear the family and their small
Colorado town apart at the seams. 10 episodes?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21043326/

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/ride

Succession (final season 4 premiere) (9 pm, HBO)

The Emmy-winning HBO hit returns for a 10-episode fourth and final season
that returns S3 guests Alexander Skarsgård (as Lukas Matsson, the tech
leader hoping to buy Waystar Royco), Stephen Root, and Justin Kirk—among
many familiar faces from all three seasons who will appear again this
year—and will feature a trip to Norway among its multiple locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3D3ewle7XY

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/succession/season-4 [score 92]

Yellowjackets (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)

In 1996, a team of New Jersey high school girls' soccer players travel to
Seattle for a national tournament. While flying over Canada, their plane
crashes deep in the wilderness and the surviving team members are left
stranded for nineteen months. The series chronicles their attempts to stay
alive while also dealing with their current lives in 2021. Already renewed
for season 3.

New cast members this season include Lauren Ambrose as the adult version of
Van, Simone Kessell (Obi-Wan Kenobi) as the adult Lottie, and Elijah Wood
as a new character, a "Citizen Detective" who works with Christina Ricci's
Misty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krFohHX8WeU

https://www.sho.com/yellowjackets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowjackets_(TV_series)

Godfather of Harlem (season 3 finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

Housebroken (season 2 returns) (9:30 pm, Fox)

The first two episodes of season 2 were broadcast on Dec. 4. Season 2
returns tonight in what Fox is calling the season premiere.

https://www.fox.com/housebroken/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HouseBroken

Eva Longoria: Searching for Mexico [new; special time] (10
pm, CNN)

Follow along as Longoria traverses across Mexico exploring one of the most
popular, and arguably misunderstood, global cuisines. Six episodes; regular
time is 9 pm.

https://www.cnn.com/shows/eva-longoria-searching-for-mexico

Monday, March 27

The Bachelor (season 27 finale) (8-11 pm, ABC)

2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards (live event) (8-10 pm, Fox)

Now in its tenth year, the iHeartRadio Music Awards will celebrate the
most-played artists and songs on iHeartRadio stations and the iHeartRadio
app throughout 2022, while also offering a preview of the upcoming hits of
2023. The show will feature award presentations in multiple categories,
live performances from the biggest artists in music, surprise stage moments
and will tell the stories of the winning artists' road to #1. The 2023
iHeartRadio Music Awards will again celebrate the fans, giving iHeartRadio
listeners the opportunity to decide winners in several new and established
categories. The 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards will air live from the Dolby
Theatre in Los Angeles Monday, March 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live /PT
tape-delayed) on FOX.

The Young & The Restless 50th Anniversary Celebration (special)
(8-9 pm, CBS)

https://apnews.com/article/young-restless-50th-anniversary-soap-opera-612c867648cb5b560d16ac6b1ecb8381

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/new-details-revealed-about-50th-anniversary-celebration-the-young-and-the-restless/

All American: Homecoming (season 2 finale) (9 pm, CW)

American Dad! (season 18 premiere) (10 pm, TBS)

Season 19 has already been ordered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2l8DeAPtmg

The Watchful Eye (season 1 finale) (10 pm, Freeform)

CMT Music Awards Nominee Special (special) (10 pm, CMT)

CMT’S Cody Alan and Carissa Culiner host “CMT Music Awards Nominee Special”
- a half-hour celebration featuring the star-packed list of CMT MUSIC
AWARDS nominees.

Tuesday, March 28

Mae Martin: SAP (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/81628816

Staged (complete season 3) (3:01 am, BritBox)

The David Tennant and Michael Sheen pandemic comedy, which previously
streamed on Hulu in the US, returns for a third season that will be
exclusive to BritBox. Six episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12369754/

CMT Storytellers: Kane Brown (special) (10-11 pm, CMT)

“CMT Storytellers” gives fans a front-row seat with behind-the-scenes
access to their favorite artists and music. This one-hour special showcases
multi-platinum entertainer and 2023 CMT MUSIC AWARDS co-host KANE BROWN as
he performs and shares never-before-heard stories about how his iconic hits
came to be.

(end)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming

<199953666.701411039.668022.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179969&group=rec.arts.tv#179969

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: March 25-28: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 21:30:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:30 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, March 25
>

> A Picture of Her (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Beth unwittingly becomes the subject of an award-winning magazine’s cover
> and goes on a quest to uncover the true identity of the mystery
> photographer who snapped her photo. Stars Rhiannon Fish and Tyler Hynes.
>
> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-picture-of-her
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26593219/ [as "Picture of Her"]

They’ve been advertising the heck out of this, but unfortunately, it looks
just awful

> Sunday, March 26
>

> Rabbit Hole [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

P + just basically doesn’t work anymore.

> 24th Mark Twain Prize for American Humor (special) (8-10
> pm, CNN)

Seems fitting, the crap CNN calls “news“ is pretty funny.

> Monday, March 27
>

> The Watchful Eye (season 1 finale) (10 pm, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Tuesday, March 28
>

> (end)

Re: March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming

<tvlugm$21uic$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179973&group=rec.arts.tv#179973

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_March_25-28:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 21:49:27 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:49 UTC

On 2023-03-25 03:53:39 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> March 25-28: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, March 25
>

> Every Breath She Takes (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Jules Baker thinks her problems are over when her abusive husband Billy is
> killed after a struggle and fire that destroys their house. As she rebuilds
> her life and home, rumors swirl around town--“that’s the one that killed
> her husband” and problems with the insurance have fingers pointing at Jules
> when it’s found out that the fire was set intentionally. After a series of
> frightening events and the fact that she thinks she keeps seeing her dead
> husband, Jules believes she may be going crazy. Or is Billy actually still
> alive and coming for her, ready to destroy everything she’s re-built? Stars
> Tamala Jones, Tisha Campbell, Brian White, Lamon Archey, Brooklyn Sudano
> and Jackee Harry.

Pass.

> A Picture of Her (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Beth unwittingly becomes the subject of an award-winning magazine’s cover
> and goes on a quest to uncover the true identity of the mystery
> photographer who snapped her photo. Stars Rhiannon Fish and Tyler Hynes.

Pass.

> Sunday, March 26
>

> Great Expectations [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Co-produced by FX and the BBC but exclusive to Hulu in the U.S., this
> six-part adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic comes from Peaky
> Blinders creator Steven Knight. (It's his second Dickens adaptation
> following 2019's somewhat poorly received A Christmas Carol.) Oscar-winner
> Olivia Colman stars as Miss Havisham opposite Fionn Whitehead as the orphan
> Pip, while additional cast members include Matt Berry, Hayley Squires,
> Ashley Thomas, and Owen McDonnell. The first two episodes stream today,
> while the rest follow once weekly through April 23.

Meh.

> Home, Not Alone (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Sara Wilson and her 18-year-old daughter Jordyn move into their dream home
> in a great neighborhood to make a fresh start. But when strange occurrences
> start happening in the house, Sara can’t help but feel danger is lurking
> closer than she thinks. Andrea Bogart, Adam Huss, Maya Jenson, and Luke
> Meissner star.

Probably, yeah.
(Glad Bogart is still working, at least...)

> The Way Home (season 1 finale, renewed for season 2; special time)
> (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Will I ever get to this?!...

> Ride [new] (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Nancy Travis (Last Man Standing, The Kominsky Method), Tiera Skovbye
> (Riverdale, Nurses), Beau Mirchoff (Good Trouble, Hidden Gems), Sara Garcia
> (The Flash, Reign), Jake Foy (Designated Survivor, A Little Daytime Drama)
> and Tyler Jacob Moore (Barry, Shameless) star in the new, multigenerational
> family ensemble following the lives of the McMurrays, part of a rodeo
> dynasty going back a generation, as they struggle to keep their beloved
> ranch afloat. After a tragic loss, each character embarks on an empowering
> journey of transformation and self-discovery while also uncovering a
> twisted web of secrets, threatening to tear the family and their small
> Colorado town apart at the seams. 10 episodes?

I think I may sample this, as I'm a Skovbye (and Nancy Travis) fan
since way back...

> Yellowjackets (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, Showtime)

People are saying this has already been released (on Showtime Anytime?...)

> In 1996, a team of New Jersey high school girls' soccer players travel to
> Seattle for a national tournament. While flying over Canada, their plane
> crashes deep in the wilderness and the surviving team members are left
> stranded for nineteen months. The series chronicles their attempts to stay
> alive while also dealing with their current lives in 2021. Already renewed
> for season 3.
>
> New cast members this season include Lauren Ambrose as the adult version of
> Van, Simone Kessell (Obi-Wan Kenobi) as the adult Lottie, and Elijah Wood
> as a new character, a "Citizen Detective" who works with Christina Ricci's
> Misty.

On balance, I was disappointed with season #1 (mostly with the "current
day" stuff) - I hope season #2 is better.

> Monday, March 27
>

> The Young & The Restless 50th Anniversary Celebration (special)
> (8-9 pm, CBS)
>
> https://apnews.com/article/young-restless-50th-anniversary-soap-opera-612c867648cb5b560d16ac6b1ecb8381
>

> https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/new-details-revealed-about-50th-anniversary-celebration-the-young-and-the-restless/

Lemme guess - Victor and Nikki dominate?!! >:/

> The Watchful Eye (season 1 finale) (10 pm, Freeform)

Another show I'll probably never get to!!

> Tuesday, March 28
>

> Staged (complete season 3) (3:01 am, BritBox)
>
> The David Tennant and Michael Sheen pandemic comedy, which previously
> streamed on Hulu in the US, returns for a third season that will be
> exclusive to BritBox. Six episodes.

Nobody gets BritBox! (Except... Robin?... Or does she have Acorn?)