Subject: Re: Audience too old an feeble? NBC considerting "dropping" the 10pm timeslot??
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 07:10:40 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 11:10 UTC

In article <caefa22c-1698-4fcc-8f0c-f787349f2b05n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> What exactly does that mean? Would they program news in the slot then at
> 11pm, go into talk shows or something??

I think you've already nailed it. The locals will program "news" at 10
p.m. I don't think they'll be willing to pay syndicators for actual,
you know, *programming*.

The slow and agonizing death of the traditional networks continues.

> https://deadline.com/2023/03/nbc-canceled-renewed-chicago-fire-pd-med-law-orde
> r-svu-organized-crime-lopez-vs-lopez-american-auto-1235309250/
>
> Dateline:
> Likely also factoring into NBC¹s renewal decisions on the Dick Wolf dramas is
> the prospect for the network to drop the 10 PM hour, which is key to
> maintaining the uber producer¹s three-hour blocks. NBC will continue to
> program the time slot next season but could potentially change as soon as the
> 2024-25 season is considered a real possibility.

Re: Audience too old an feeble? NBC considerting "dropping" the 10pm timeslot??

<qCBTL.399893$5CY7.24051@fx46.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179995&group=rec.arts.tv#179995

Subject: Re: Audience too old an feeble? NBC considerting "dropping" the 10pm
timeslot??
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 07:16:21 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 12:16 UTC

On 3/25/23 6:10 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <caefa22c-1698-4fcc-8f0c-f787349f2b05n@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What exactly does that mean? Would they program news in the slot then at
>> 11pm, go into talk shows or something??
>

> I think you've already nailed it. The locals will program "news" at 10
> p.m. I don't think they'll be willing to pay syndicators for actual,
> you know, *programming*.
>
> The slow and agonizing death of the traditional networks continues.

I don't think so at all. It's just clear that with so many different
places to get programming from now they aren't best off paying the money
for programming as much. I think you'll see less and less traditional
TV series and more reality based stuff such as news shows and Survivor
etc. because those are cheap as fuck to produce.