Keep cool, but don't freeze. -- Hellman's Mayonnaise

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: TV news for March 17-24

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for March 17-24anim8rfsk
+* Re: TV news for March 17-24anim8rfsk
|`* Re: TV news for March 17-24Adam H. Kerman
| `- Re: TV news for March 17-24anim8rfsk
+- Re: TV news for March 17-24Ian J. Ball
`- Re: TV news for March 17-24BTR1701

1
TV news for March 17-24

<883329882.701408841.415193.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179964&group=rec.arts.tv#179964

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for March 17-24
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:53:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 03:53 UTC

TV news for March 17-24

ABC News

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 20 ­ Will Ellen Pompeo Return?

https://deadline.com/2023/03/greys-anatomy-renewed-season-20-ellen-pompeo-return-1235309800/

ABC Sets Dates For Season Finales As Ellen Pompeo Returns To ‘Grey’s
Anatomy & ‘Goldbergs’, ‘A Million Little Things’ End Their Runs (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/abc-season-finales-dates-goldbergs-million-little-things-series-wrap-1235308900/

‘The Company You Keep’: Geoff Stults Joins ABC Drama Series As Recurring
(March 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-company-you-keep-geoff-stults-abc-drama-series-recurring-1235303145/

CBS News

CBS Renewal Status Report: ‘Blue Bloods’, ‘S.W.A.T.’, ‘East New York’ &
‘True Lies’

https://deadline.com/2023/03/cbs-canceled-renewed-blue-bloods-swat-east-new-york-true-lies-1235309754/

Detective Drama Series ‘The Mysterious Mortons’ In The Works At CBS From
Amy Rardin, George Northy & Laurie Zaks

https://deadline.com/2023/03/detective-drama-series-the-mysterious-mortons-development-cbs-1235309546/

‘The Young And The Restless’ at 50: Star Lauralee Bell Reflects On Her
Dad’s Legacy, And The Future Of The CBS Soap

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-young-and-the-restless-50-lauralee-bell-william-bell-legacy-1235308980/

Essence Atkins & Tetona Jackson To Star In Wayans’ Family Comedy Pilot At
CBS (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/essence-atkins-tetona-jackson-to-star-in-wayans-family-comedy-pilot-at-cbs-1235308764/

‘Lingo’s Final Four Episodes Of Season 1 Pushed To 2023-24 Season (March
22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/lingos-final-four-episodes-pushed-to-2023-24-season-1235307759/

Terry Crews To Headline ‘JumpStart’ CBS Comedy Pilot Based On Comic Strip
(March 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/jumpstart-terry-crews-cbs-comedy-pilot-comic-strip-1235303349/

CW News

The CW Hit By New Round Of Layoffs (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-cw-layoffs-marketing-finance-nexstar-1235308679/

‘Walker: Independence’s Justin Johnson Cortez To Appear On Mothership
‘Walker’ Series At The CW (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/justin-johnson-cortez-guest-star-the-cw-walker-1235308270/

Fox News

Fox Renewal Status Report: ‘9-1-1’, ‘Lone Star’, ‘The Resident’, ‘Animal
Control’, ‘Call Me Kat,’ ‘Flatch’ & More (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/fox-canceled-renewed-9-1-1-lone-star-the-resident-animal-control-call-me-kat-welcome-to-flatch-1235307795/

‘Accused’ & ‘Alert: Missing Persons Unit’ Renewed For Season 2 At Fox
(March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/accused-alert-missing-persons-unit-renewed-season-2-fox-1235308339/

Fox Entertainment Developing Animated Comedy ‘HAVOC!’ (March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/fox-entertainment-animated-comedy-havoc-michael-glouberman-cre84u-1235307010/

NBC News

NBC Renewal Status Report: One Chicago, ‘Law & Order’ Franchise, ‘Lopez vs.
Lopez’, ‘American Auto’ & More

https://deadline.com/2023/03/nbc-canceled-renewed-chicago-fire-pd-med-law-order-svu-organized-crime-lopez-vs-lopez-american-auto-1235309250/

Elizabeth Yu & Hilda Martin Join Jenna Bans/Bill Krebs NBC Drama Pilot
(March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/elizabeth-yu-hilda-martin-cast-jenna-bans-bill-krebs-nbc-drama-pilot-1235306553/

Wendi McLendon-Covey To Headline ‘St. Denis Medical’ NBC Comedy Pilot
(March 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/wendi-mclendon-covey-star-st-denis-medical-nbc-comedy-pilot-1235303147/

Michael Weaver To Direct Jenna Bans/Bill Krebs NBC Drama Pilot (March 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/michael-weaver-direct-jenna-bans-bill-krebs-nbc-drama-pilot-1235302518/

Cable channel news

Freeform’s ‘Good Trouble’ Adds David Terry & Miguel Pinzon For Season 5

https://deadline.com/2023/03/freeforms-good-trouble-cast-recurring-david-terry-miguel-pinzon-season-5-1235308979/

HBO’s Casey Bloys Says Mike White Has Pitched ‘The White Lotus’ Season 3
Idea “And It’s Great”, Reveals Wish For More ‘Succession’ (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-white-lotus-casey-bloys-mike-white-pitched-season-3-idea-succession-1235308627/

“I’d Make Kate Winslet A National Treasure”: HBO’s Casey Bloys Talks ‘The
Palace’, Upcoming Slate & International Plans (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/casey-bloys-kate-winslet-hbo-hbo-max-series-mania-1235308316/

Robin Thede Developing HBO Comedy Series ‘Disengagement’ (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/robin-thede-developing-hbo-comedy-series-disengagement-1235308406/

‘Outlander’ Sets Premiere Date For Two-Part Extended Season 7, Drops
First-Look Photos [Starz] (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/outlander-premiere-date-season-7-first-look-photos-starz-1235307823/

‘The L Word’: Generation Q’ Canceled After 3 Seasons, New York-Set Reboot
Of Original With Ilene Chaiken In Works At Showtime (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-l-word-generation-q-canceled-showtime-l-word-new-york-reboot-1235308871/

‘Endeavour’: PBS Sets Premiere Date For Ninth And Final Season Of
‘Masterpiece’ Drama (March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/endeavour-pbs-ninth-final-season-premiere-date-1235307054/

‘A Gentleman In Moscow’: Leah Harvey, Paul Ready & More Join Paramount+ &
Showtime Drama Series (March 21)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/a-gentleman-in-moscow-cast-leah-harvey-paul-ready-paramount-plus-showtime-series-1235304400/

Michael Chiklis To Star In ‘Hotel Cocaine’ MGM+ Series (March 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/michael-chiklis-star-hotel-cocaine-mgm-plus-series-1235304920/

‘Drug Spies’ Drama Series From Noah Pink, Kirk Wallace Johnson, Kari
Skogland & Sister In The Works At FX (March 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/drug-spies-drama-series-noah-pink-sister-kari-skogland-fx-1235281854/

Streaming service news

‘Arrested Development’ Gets A Reprieve And Will Stay On Netflix

https://deadline.com/2023/03/arrested-development-will-stay-on-netflix-1235309904/

‘You’ Renewed For Fifth & Final Season By Netflix With New Co-Showrunners
(March 24)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/you-renewed-fifth-final-season-new-co-showrunners-sera-gamble-exit-1235309023/

Jessica Simpson’s ‘Open Book’ & Lord Miller’s ‘Western’ Pilots Not Moving
Forward At Amazon Freevee; Both Being Shopped

https://deadline.com/2023/03/jessica-simpson-open-book-lord-miller-western-pilots-not-moving-forward-amazon-freevee-being-shopped-1235309770/

Freevee’s ‘Clean Slate’ Adds D.K. Uzoukwu, Telma Hopkins, Jay Wilkison &
Norah Murphy As Series Regulars

https://deadline.com/2023/03/clean-slate-cast-d-k-uzoukwu-telma-hopkins-jay-wilkison-norah-murphy-freevee-1235309280/

Noma Dumezweni, Gabby Beans & Sarunas J. Jackson Board Apple TV+ Series
‘Presumed Innocent’

https://deadline.com/2023/03/noma-dumezweni-gabby-beans-sarunas-j-jackson-cast-apple-tv-plus-presumed-innocent-1235309454/

Rose Byrne-Seth Rogen Apple TV+ Comedy Series ‘Platonic’ Sets Premiere
Date, Unveils First Look (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/rose-byrne-seth-rogen-apple-tv-comedy-series-platonic-sets-debut-date-first-look-1235308925/

Nicole Kidman, Liev Schreiber, Meghann Fahy, Dakota Fanning, Eve Hewson &
Jack Reynor In Talks For Susanne Bier-Helmed Netflix Limited Series ‘The
Perfect Couple’ (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/nicole-kidman-liev-schreiber-the-perfect-couple-netflix-series-1235304015/

Amazon’s ‘Butch & Sundance’ Series Sets Showrunners (March 23)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/amazons-butch-sundance-series-sets-showrunners-1235308360/

‘Queen Charlotte’: ‘Bridgerton’ Prequel Spinoff Trailer & First-Look Photos
Revealed [Netflix] (March 23)

https://deadline.com/video/queen-charlotte-bridgerton-prequel-spinoff-trailer-first-look-photos/

‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always’ Sets Trailer For Netflix
Debut (March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-once-amp-always-sets-trailer-netflix-debut-1235307831/

Neil Patrick Harris Will Return To ‘How I Met Your Father’ For 2-Episode
Midseason Finale [Hulu] (March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/neil-patrick-harris-return-how-i-met-your-father-barney-stinson-midseason-finale-hulu-1235307539/

‘Only Murders In The Building’: Jeremy Shamos, Linda Emond & Wesley Taylor
To Recur In Season 3 [Hulu] (March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/only-murders-in-the-building-jeremy-shamos-linda-emond-wesley-taylor-recur-season-3-1235307065/

‘The Sticky’: Margo Martindale, Chris Diamantopoulos & Guillaume Cyr To
Star; EP Jamie Lee Curtis To Guest Star In Amazon Series (March 22)

https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-sticky-margo-martindale-chris-diamantopoulos-guillaume-cyr-star-jamie-lee-curtis-amazon-1235306857/

‘Unorthodox’ & ‘Deutschland 83’ Creator Anna Winger Says Her Netflix War
Drama ‘Transatlantic’ Was Inspired By Comedy In ‘Casablanca’ (March 22)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for March 17-24

<1887732692.701409379.449829.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179968&group=rec.arts.tv#179968

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 17-24
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 21:30:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:30 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> TV news for March 17-24
>

> ABC News
>

> ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 20 ­ Will Ellen Pompeo Return?

Never watched it, never will.

> CBS News
>

> CBS Renewal Status Report: ‘Blue Bloods’, ‘S.W.A.T.’, ‘East New York’ &
> ‘True Lies’
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/cbs-canceled-renewed-blue-bloods-swat-east-new-york-true-lies-1235309754/

When you read this (you find that deadline thinks, Blue Bloods has a good
chance of returning) the top of the page offers this link.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/disney-lawsuit-threat-victoria-alonso-firing-marvel-patty-glaser-1235309916/

Apparently, Alonso is such an idiot that she didn’t accept Disney’s
gracious version that said she resigned, and she’s gone public with the
fact that she was fired with good cause. Hopefully this is the end of her
career, which I have been calling for ever since her idiotic Surface
commercials.

> CW News

The C dub must die!

> The CW Hit By New Round Of Layoffs (March 23)

The C dub must die!

> https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-cw-layoffs-marketing-finance-nexstar-1235308679/

The C dub must die!

> ‘Walker: Independence’s Justin Johnson Cortez To Appear On Mothership
> ‘Walker’ Series At The CW (March 23)

The C dub must die!

> https://deadline.com/2023/03/justin-johnson-cortez-guest-star-the-cw-walker-1235308270/

The C dub must die!

> Fox News

> NBC News

> Cable channel news
>

> Freeform’s ‘Good Trouble’ Adds David Terry & Miguel Pinzon For Season 5

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> “I’d Make Kate Winslet A National Treasure”:

The fat chick from TITANIC?

> ‘Outlander’ Sets Premiere Date For Two-Part Extended Season 7, Drops
> First-Look Photos [Starz] (March 23)

Nobody gets starz, and nobody should watch outlander!

> Streaming service news
>

> Jessica Simpson’s ‘Open Book’ & Lord Miller’s ‘Western’ Pilots Not Moving
> Forward At Amazon Freevee; Both Being Shopped

Shopped at places that can’t tell if it’s chicken or fish

> ‘Only Murders In The Building’: Jeremy Shamos, Linda Emond & Wesley Taylor
> To Recur In Season 3 [Hulu] (March 22)

After that horrible Disney+ documentary about how miserable Selena Gomez is
I’m not sure I want to watch the show anymore.

> ‘The Sticky’: Margo Martindale, Chris Diamantopoulos & Guillaume Cyr To
> Star; EP Jamie Lee Curtis To Guest Star In Amazon Series (March 22)

NO

> ‘Unorthodox’ & ‘Deutschland 83’ Creator Anna Winger Says Her Netflix War
> Drama ‘Transatlantic’ Was Inspired By Comedy In ‘Casablanca’ (March 22)

Well, that sounds terrible

> Jon Favreau On The Longevity Of ‘The Mandalorian’

NO

> International series news

> Ratings

> The business of TV

> Obituaries

> Other News

Re: TV news for March 17-24

<tvlu3i$21sqc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179972&group=rec.arts.tv#179972

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 21:42:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:42 UTC

On 2023-03-25 03:53:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> TV news for March 17-24
>

> ABC News
>

> ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 20 ­ Will Ellen Pompeo Return?
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/greys-anatomy-renewed-season-20-ellen-pompeo-return-1235309800/

No.

On Reddit, they were suggesting using this as a catalyst to clean out
some of the rest of the cast (e.g. Kim Raver), which sounds like a good
idea.

> CBS News
>

> ‘The Young And The Restless’ at 50: Star Lauralee Bell Reflects On Her
> Dad’s Legacy, And The Future Of The CBS Soap
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-young-and-the-restless-50-lauralee-bell-william-bell-legacy-1235308980/

I can't believe we're still stuck with Cricket after all of these years!!...

> CW News
>

> The CW Hit By New Round Of Layoffs (March 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-cw-layoffs-marketing-finance-nexstar-1235308679/

It's DEAD, Jim!!

> Fox News
>

> ‘Accused’ & ‘Alert: Missing Persons Unit’ Renewed For Season 2 At Fox
> (March 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/accused-alert-missing-persons-unit-renewed-season-2-fox-1235308339/

I'm very surprised by the latter...

> Cable channel news
>

> Freeform’s ‘Good Trouble’ Adds David Terry & Miguel Pinzon For Season 5
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/freeforms-good-trouble-cast-recurring-david-terry-miguel-pinzon-season-5-1235308979/

Why the F*** is this POS show still around?!!

> HBO’s Casey Bloys Says Mike White Has Pitched ‘The White Lotus’ Season 3
> Idea “And It’s Great”, Reveals Wish For More ‘Succession’ (March 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-white-lotus-casey-bloys-mike-white-pitched-season-3-idea-succession-1235308627/

[roll...]

> ‘The L Word’: Generation Q’ Canceled After 3 Seasons, New York-Set Reboot
> Of Original With Ilene Chaiken In Works At Showtime (March 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-l-word-generation-q-canceled-showtime-l-word-new-york-reboot-1235308871/

Aw, jeez - they really are determined to ruin Showtime: How about an
*original* idea for a new TV series?!

> ‘Endeavour’: PBS Sets Premiere Date For Ninth And Final Season Of
> ‘Masterpiece’ Drama (March 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/endeavour-pbs-ninth-final-season-premiere-date-1235307054/

THREE EPISODES ISN'T A "SEASON"!!!

> Michael Chiklis To Star In ‘Hotel Cocaine’ MGM+ Series (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/michael-chiklis-star-hotel-cocaine-mgm-plus-series-1235304920/

Nobody gets MGM+!!

> Streaming service news
>

> ‘You’ Renewed For Fifth & Final Season By Netflix With New Co-Showrunners
> (March 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/you-renewed-fifth-final-season-new-co-showrunners-sera-gamble-exit-1235309023/

I never made it past season #1...

> Rose Byrne-Seth Rogen Apple TV+ Comedy Series ‘Platonic’ Sets Premiere
> Date, Unveils First Look (March 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/rose-byrne-seth-rogen-apple-tv-comedy-series-platonic-sets-debut-date-first-look-1235308925/

Gah! What a waste of Rose Byrne!!

> Nicole Kidman, Liev Schreiber, Meghann Fahy, Dakota Fanning, Eve Hewson &
> Jack Reynor In Talks For Susanne Bier-Helmed Netflix Limited Series ‘The
> Perfect Couple’ (March 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/nicole-kidman-liev-schreiber-the-perfect-couple-netflix-series-1235304015/

Definite "maybe" with that cast, assuming I still have Netflix at that point...

> ‘Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always’ Sets Trailer For Netflix
> Debut (March 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-once-amp-always-sets-trailer-netflix-debut-1235307831/

Get back to me if they ever get Amy to show up!!

> Eddie Redmayne To Lead ‘The Day Of The Jackal’ Series For Peacock & Sky
> (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/eddie-redmayne-the-day-of-the-jackal-series-peacock-sky-1235305526/

Uh...

> David Tennant, Danny Dyer, Aidan Turner & Alex Hassell Board Disney+’s
> Jilly Cooper Adaptation ‘Rivals’ (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/david-tennant-danny-dyer-aidan-turner-jilly-cooper-disney-plus-rivals-1235305734/

Good cast.

> ‘We Were Liars’ Series Adaptation From Julie Plec & Carina Adly MacKenzie
> Lands Series Order At Amazon (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/we-were-liars-series-adaptation-series-order-amazon-1235305510/

Plec not doing "supernatural fantasy"?!?!!...
Anyway, the premise sounds like it has promise.

> ‘Those About To Die’: Iwan Rheon Among Nine Cast In Peacock & Roland
> Emmerich’s Gladiator Drama As Shooting Begins (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/those-about-to-die-peacock-iwan-theon-roman-empire-drama-shooting-begins-1235304363/

Interesting...

> ‘The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power’ Adds Ciarán Hinds, Rory Kinnear
> & Tanya Moodie To Season 2 Cast [Prime Video] (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/the-lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-power-ciaran-hinds-rory-kinnear-tanya-moodie-cast-season-2-1235303666/

The producers ask: How much more can we ignore/descrate Tolkien's
legendarium?!?!

> ‘Bel-Air’ Renewed For Season 3 At Peacock (March 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/bel-air-renewed-season-3-peacock-1235303023/

Why?!

> Ratings
>

> ‘Shadow And Bone’ Season 2 Debuts At No. 2 On Netflix Top 10; Korean Drama
> ‘The Glory’ Is Most-Viewed Title For Second Week (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/shadow-and-bone-season-2-the-glory-you-season-4-ratings-netflix-top-10-1235306050/

Still haven't gotten to "Shadow and Bone" - maybe next week...

> The business of TV
>

> Guinness World Records Launches First Ever TV Channel (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/guinness-world-records-launches-first-ever-tv-channel-with-atmosphere-1235305603/

Why in Gawd's name would someone try and launch a cable channel *now*??!!!

> Obituaries
>

> Lance Reddick Dies: ‘John Wick’, ‘The Wire’, ‘Fringe’ & ‘Bosch’ Actor Was
> 60 (March 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/lance-reddick-dead-john-wick-the-wire-fringe-bosch-actor-1235303293/

:( :( :(

> Other News
>

> Sam Neill Is In Remission From Cancer And Is Back Working, He Tells Upset
> Fans (March 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/03/sam-neill-in-remission-from-cancer-back-working-1235304156/

Well that's good news.

Re: TV news for March 17-24

<tvm0a6$223qg$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179975&group=rec.arts.tv#179975

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:20:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:20 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>TV news for March 17-24
>> ABC News

>>Grey's Anatomy Renewed For Season 20 ­ Will Ellen Pompeo Return?

>Never watched it, never will.

I think I watched the pilot and a few episodes of season 1 and decided I
didn't like it.

>https://deadline.com/2023/03/disney-lawsuit-threat-victoria-alonso-firing-marvel-patty-glaser-1235309916/

>Apparently, Alonso is such an idiot that she didn't accept Disney's
>gracious version that said she resigned, and she's gone public with the
>fact that she was fired with good cause. Hopefully this is the end of her
>career, which I have been calling for ever since her idiotic Surface
>commercials.

Which commercials were those? I liked the ad campaign with the black
kid.

Re: TV news for March 17-24

<1956840554.701416024.100238.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179976&group=rec.arts.tv#179976

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 23:35:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 06:35 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> TV news for March 17-24
>
>>> ABC News
>
>>> Grey's Anatomy Renewed For Season 20 ­ Will Ellen Pompeo Return?
>
>> Never watched it, never will.
>
> I think I watched the pilot and a few episodes of season 1 and decided I
> didn't like it.

I still (probably unfairly) blame them for the premature death of Boston
Legal.

>> https://deadline.com/2023/03/disney-lawsuit-threat-victoria-alonso-firing-marvel-patty-glaser-1235309916/
>
>> Apparently, Alonso is such an idiot that she didn't accept Disney's
>> gracious version that said she resigned, and she's gone public with the
>> fact that she was fired with good cause. Hopefully this is the end of her
>> career, which I have been calling for ever since her idiotic Surface
>> commercials.
>
> Which commercials were those? I liked the ad campaign with the black
> kid.

These were just her, stepping frame by frame through live action, drawing
on the screen stuff she didn’t like, like circling somebody’s knee in one
frame, and saying “you can’t do this on a Mac“ and I was screaming at the
TV (and here) YOU SHOULDN’T BE DOING THAT AT ALL!

Can you imagine getting video files from your absentee boss covered with
insane scrawlings and trying to figure out what the hell she doesn’t like
about this one guy’s one knee in one frame and what you can possibly do
about it?

This is why marvel movies were costing twice what they should have.

I’ve worked for people like that before and all you can do is hope they get
fired and are thrown off the lot. In the meantime, you look for other
projects for yourself.

Re: TV news for March 17-24

<atropos-462C46.10001025032023@news.giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180015&group=rec.arts.tv#180015

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 10:00:10 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:00 UTC

In article
<883329882.701408841.415193.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> TV news for March 17-24
>
> Lance Reddick Dies:JOHN WICK, THE WIRE, FRINGE & BOSCH Actor was
> 60 (March 17)

> Amanda Bynes Placed on Psychiatric Hold After Roaming Streets Naked (March
> 20)

This will be a day long remembered... when I beat Robin twice in one go!