BEWARE! People acting under the influence of human nature.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

SubjectAuthor
* RIkers or the Tombs??Bering Sea Bar & Brig
`* Re: RIkers or the Tombs??A Friend
 +- Re: RIkers or the Tombs??trotsky
 +- Re: RIkers or the Tombs??Adam H. Kerman
 `* Re: RIkers or the Tombs??Bering Sea Bar & Brig
  `* Re: RIkers or the Tombs??A Friend
   +* Re: RIkers or the Tombs??Dimensional Traveler
   |`- Re: RIkers or the Tombs??anim8rfsk
   `- Re: RIkers or the Tombs??Rhino

1
RIkers or the Tombs??

<a6da1d53-5e05-4b46-bdf3-ca4314cae0fdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179852&group=rec.arts.tv#179852

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 17:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RIkers or the Tombs??
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 00:15 UTC

Wondering where perps indicted by the Manhattan DA get sent first ?

The current jail was named The Bernard B. Kerik Complex in December 2001 at the direction of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani.[2] Kerik was commissioner of the New York City Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2000 before becoming police commissioner. New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg ordered his name removed after he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors in 2006, committed during his tenure as a city employee.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<230320232206278894%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179862&group=rec.arts.tv#179862

Subject: Re: RIkers or the Tombs??
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:06:27 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 02:06 UTC

In article <a6da1d53-5e05-4b46-bdf3-ca4314cae0fdn@googlegroups.com>,
Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Wondering where perps indicted by the Manhattan DA get sent first ?
>
> The current jail was named The Bernard B. Kerik Complex in December 2001 at
> the direction of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani.[2] Kerik was
> commissioner of the New York City Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2000
> before becoming police commissioner. New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg
> ordered his name removed after he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors in 2006,
> committed during his tenure as a city employee.

They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
who was still alive.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<NxcTL.319867$5S78.289082@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179879&group=rec.arts.tv#179879

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 02:44:45 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 07:44 UTC

On 3/23/23 9:06 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <a6da1d53-5e05-4b46-bdf3-ca4314cae0fdn@googlegroups.com>,
> Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wondering where perps indicted by the Manhattan DA get sent first ?
>>
>> The current jail was named The Bernard B. Kerik Complex in December 2001 at
>> the direction of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani.[2] Kerik was
>> commissioner of the New York City Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2000
>> before becoming police commissioner. New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg
>> ordered his name removed after he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors in 2006,
>> committed during his tenure as a city employee.
>

> They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
> who was still alive.

Or just a shitbag as the case may be.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<tvkcat$1mt4u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179905&group=rec.arts.tv#179905

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:33:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 14:33 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Wondering where perps indicted by the Manhattan DA get sent first ?

>>The current jail was named The Bernard B. Kerik Complex in December 2001 at
>>the direction of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani.[2] Kerik was
>>commissioner of the New York City Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2000
>>before becoming police commissioner. New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg
>>ordered his name removed after he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors in 2006,
>>committed during his tenure as a city employee.

>They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
>who was still alive.

I guess I don't object that a jail was named for someone who turned out
to be a criminal. It's almost appropriate.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<2b381d04-2e5f-4941-814f-403661de3f88n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180029&group=rec.arts.tv#180029

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 14:43:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 21:43 UTC

On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 9:06:33 PM UTC-5, A Friend wrote:
> In article <a6da1d53-5e05-4b46...@googlegroups.com>,
> Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wondering where perps indicted by the Manhattan DA get sent first ?
> >
> > The current jail was named The Bernard B. Kerik Complex in December 2001 at
> > the direction of New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani.[2] Kerik was
> > commissioner of the New York City Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2000
> > before becoming police commissioner. New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg
> > ordered his name removed after he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors in 2006,
> > committed during his tenure as a city employee.
> They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
> who was still alive.

The Tombs is closer to the Holland Tunnel for travel to Bedminster Golf if a detainee is allowed out for day trips.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<250320231757002114%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180031&group=rec.arts.tv#180031

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:57:00 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 21:57 UTC

In article <2b381d04-2e5f-4941-814f-403661de3f88n@googlegroups.com>,
Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 9:06:33?PM UTC-5, A Friend wrote:
> > In article <a6da1d53-5e05-4b46...@googlegroups.com>,
> > Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Wondering where perps indicted by the Manhattan DA get sent first ?
> > >
> > > The current jail was named The Bernard B. Kerik Complex in
> > > December 2001 at the direction of New York City mayor Rudolph
> > > Giuliani.[2] Kerik was commissioner of the New York City
> > > Department of Corrections from 1998 to 2000 before becoming
> > > police commissioner. New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg
> > > ordered his name removed after he pleaded guilty to two
> > > misdemeanors in 2006, committed during his tenure as a city
> > > employee.

> > They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
> > who was still alive.
>
> The Tombs is closer to the Holland Tunnel for travel to Bedminster Golf if a
> detainee is allowed out for day trips.

Every so often they'd bring in a local reporter to stay the night in
the Tombs, just to see what the place was like. Omigod. It's hell on
earth. The noise never stops, and no one in authority tries to stop
it. All you can do is keep to yourself and not get in anyone's face.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<tvo33n$2d7t6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180044&group=rec.arts.tv#180044

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 17:20:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 00:20 UTC

On 3/25/2023 2:57 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <2b381d04-2e5f-4941-814f-403661de3f88n@googlegroups.com>,
> Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 9:06:33?PM UTC-5, A Friend wrote:

>>> They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
>>> who was still alive.
>>
>> The Tombs is closer to the Holland Tunnel for travel to Bedminster Golf if a
>> detainee is allowed out for day trips.
>

> Every so often they'd bring in a local reporter to stay the night in
> the Tombs, just to see what the place was like. Omigod. It's hell on
> earth. The noise never stops, and no one in authority tries to stop
> it. All you can do is keep to yourself and not get in anyone's face.

But enough reporters survive the experience that they keep coming back
and being let in.... :D

dirty old man.

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<tvo4mu$26svr$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180048&group=rec.arts.tv#180048

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 20:47:26 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 00:47 UTC

On 2023-03-25 5:57 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <2b381d04-2e5f-4941-814f-403661de3f88n@googlegroups.com>,
> Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 9:06:33?PM UTC-5, A Friend wrote:

>>> They got what they deserved for naming a public building after someone
>>> who was still alive.

Waiting until someone was dead and beyond the ability to be involved in
further scandal no longer seems to be an effective strategy given the
ability of "activists" to dredge up "problematic" actions or remarks
they made during their lifetimes, even when those lives ended decades or
even centuries ago. "Cancelling" the likes of Thomas Jefferson and Abe
Lincoln proves that no name on a building and no statue is safe from the
woke mob.

--
Rhino

Re: RIkers or the Tombs??

<22932428.701486001.432800.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180055&group=rec.arts.tv#180055

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 19:17:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 02:17 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 3/25/2023 2:57 PM, A Friend wrote:
>> In article <2b381d04-2e5f-4941-814f-403661de3f88n@googlegroups.com>,
>> Bering Sea Bar & Brig <jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> The Tombs is closer to the Holland Tunnel for travel to Bedminster Golf if a
>>> detainee is allowed out for day trips.
>>

>> Every so often they'd bring in a local reporter to stay the night in
>> the Tombs, just to see what the place was like. Omigod. It's hell on
>> earth. The noise never stops, and no one in authority tries to stop
>> it. All you can do is keep to yourself and not get in anyone's face.
>
> But enough reporters survive the experience that they keep coming back
> and being let in.... :D

Which only goes to show, we need a lot more reporters to spend the night,
willingly or otherwise.