What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. -- Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: XUMO Play - pointless?

SubjectAuthor
* XUMO Play - pointless?anim8rfsk
`* Re: XUMO Play - pointless?Dimensional Traveler
 `- Re: XUMO Play - pointless?anim8rfsk

1
XUMO Play - pointless?

<1970331039.701529323.219758.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180082&group=rec.arts.tv#180082

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: XUMO Play - pointless?
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 06:23:26 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 13:23 UTC

So I asked the DVR if anybody had sea patrol (having not watched it in a
while) and it said it was available on Freevee so I push play on S05E01.

When that was over, it wouldn’t go to episode two. So I started over And
this time the DVR navigation said that if I wanted to watch episode two I
had to do it on an app I’ve never used, XUMO Play.

XUMO Play is the most amazingly no-frills program I’ve ever seen. I can
pause and resume play. And that’s it. There’s no subtitles, no menus can be
brought up, it doesn’t even put up some thing to tell you you’re paused.
Pause and play, that’s it.

so at the end of episode two it starts playing a 1950s western THE PROUD
REBEL. And there’s nothing else whatsoever that can be done.

So I pull up the app on the iPhone. It has a few more frills like
categories, you can step through and pick out a movie or TV show to watch.
but there’s no watch list. There’s no search function. You just step
randomly through whatever categories they offer you and see if something
catches your eye.

Why do people even watch some thing like this?

Re: XUMO Play - pointless?

<tvpq5u$2op2p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180094&group=rec.arts.tv#180094

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: XUMO Play - pointless?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 09:00:00 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 16:00 UTC

On 3/26/2023 6:23 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> So I asked the DVR if anybody had sea patrol (having not watched it in a
> while) and it said it was available on Freevee so I push play on S05E01.
>
> When that was over, it wouldn’t go to episode two. So I started over And
> this time the DVR navigation said that if I wanted to watch episode two I
> had to do it on an app I’ve never used, XUMO Play.
>
> XUMO Play is the most amazingly no-frills program I’ve ever seen. I can
> pause and resume play. And that’s it. There’s no subtitles, no menus can be
> brought up, it doesn’t even put up some thing to tell you you’re paused.
> Pause and play, that’s it.
>
> so at the end of episode two it starts playing a 1950s western THE PROUD
> REBEL. And there’s nothing else whatsoever that can be done.
>
> So I pull up the app on the iPhone. It has a few more frills like
> categories, you can step through and pick out a movie or TV show to watch.
> but there’s no watch list. There’s no search function. You just step
> randomly through whatever categories they offer you and see if something
> catches your eye.
>
> Why do people even watch some thing like this?

<glassy eyed monotone voice> Its TV.

dirty old man.

Re: XUMO Play - pointless?

<2083524932.701544212.854046.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180115&group=rec.arts.tv#180115

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 11:02:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 18:02 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 3/26/2023 6:23 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> So I asked the DVR if anybody had sea patrol (having not watched it in a
>> while) and it said it was available on Freevee so I push play on S05E01.
>>
>> When that was over, it wouldn’t go to episode two. So I started over And
>> this time the DVR navigation said that if I wanted to watch episode two I
>> had to do it on an app I’ve never used, XUMO Play.
>>
>> XUMO Play is the most amazingly no-frills program I’ve ever seen. I can
>> pause and resume play. And that’s it. There’s no subtitles, no menus can be
>> brought up, it doesn’t even put up some thing to tell you you’re paused.
>> Pause and play, that’s it.
>>
>> so at the end of episode two it starts playing a 1950s western THE PROUD
>> REBEL. And there’s nothing else whatsoever that can be done.
>>
>> So I pull up the app on the iPhone. It has a few more frills like
>> categories, you can step through and pick out a movie or TV show to watch.
>> but there’s no watch list. There’s no search function. You just step
>> randomly through whatever categories they offer you and see if something
>> catches your eye.
>>
>> Why do people even watch some thing like this?
>>
> <glassy eyed monotone voice> Its TV.

Lol