The covers of this book are too far apart. -- Book review by Ambrose Bierce.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: The "hydrogen economy" a myth, hopefully, or a ticking time bomb

SubjectAuthor
o Re: The "hydrogen economy" a myth, hopefully, or a ticking time bombtrotsky

1
Re: The "hydrogen economy" a myth, hopefully, or a ticking time bomb

<dxpUL.1192957$gGD7.1041797@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180245&group=rec.arts.tv#180245

Subject: Re: The "hydrogen economy" a myth, hopefully, or a ticking time bomb
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 18:20:41 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 23:20 UTC

On 1/15/23 10:00 PM, RichA wrote:
> https://phys.org/news/2023-01-hydrogen-storage-material-key-restriction.html\
>
> Remember the Hindenburg? That was hydrogen in uncompressed form.

Do I remember 1937, that's really you're question? No, I wasn't even a
zygote then.

Just imagine what will happen when a condensed hydrogen storage
facility blows up. It'll make the Beirut blast of ammonium nitrate look
tame by comparison. If they stick the storage facilities out in the
middle of nowhere, that'll fix the potential blast problem, but will
increase the time to market AND put dangerous hydrogen filled trucks on
the road for a longer time. So, they'll perhaps build pipelines. They
you'll have pipelines in cities. Think an oil pipeline is dangerous?
Imagine a train, loaded with 100,000 tons of the stuff, derailing in a city.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ