Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 17:00:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Seven Trumps
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 00:00 UTC

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 1:36:06 AM UTC-4, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Trump #1: I will save Israel
> http://www.shalomlife.com/business/28988/donald-trump-i-am-the-only-one-who-can-save-israel/

Donald Trump: I Am the Only One Who Can Save Israel
Trump took to Twitter to endorse both himself, and Jewish business mogul Sheldon Adelson
Daina Goldfinger Published: April 28th, 2015
https://web.archive.org/web/20150501220647/http://www.shalomlife.com/business/28988/donald-trump-i-am-the-only-one-who-can-save-israel/

On April 27, Donald Trump declared through his Twitter account that he is the sole person that is able to “save Israel,” and that “these politicians and political clowns” are merely wasting everyone's time.

Nobody but Donald Trump will save Israel. You are wasting your time with these politicians and political clowns. Best! #SheldonAdelson

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 27, 2015

As you can see, Trump also hashtags Jewish American business mogul, investor and philanthropist Sheldon Adelson, which actually stirred considerable controversy amongst Twitter users. Naturally, his assertion facilitated open dialogue amongst supporters and critics, with many responding sarcastically by stating that the preservation of Israel is not even a relevant issue.

One user exclaimed, “Great! We need a pol who wants to save Israel as his first priority. #sarcasm.” Another stated that Trump works towards the “beat of [his] own drum,” as opposed to conforming to more utilitarian forms of leadership. Other responses came from anti-Israel campaigners who condemned his backing of the Jewish state. One challenged Trump by claiming that Israel engages in war crimes and genocide, while others professed obscenities towards the prospective presidential candidate.

Additionally, Trump prompted many Israeli supporters to suggest other effective ways that he could help Israel. One exclaimed that in order to effectively aid the Jewish state, Trump must cease to attack other presidential candidates and political officials. Others supported Trump’s assertion through numerous re-tweets.

Coincidentally, the tweet came out as prospective Republican contenders were en route to Las Vegas to attend the Republican Jewish Coalition spring summit at the Venetian Resort and Hotel, which Adelson owns. Coincidence? Doubtful. Furthermore, it's been reported that Trump is taking the necessary steps in order to run for the presidential election in 2016 as a Republican candidate.

Naturally, Adelson was present at the summit, and is known for being a prominent supporter of presidential Republican candidates. He is also a distinguished advocate of Israel, which normally entices Republican contestants to garner endorsements through his support of the Jewish state.

According to the New York Times, Adelson donated approximately $100 million to Republication contesters during the 2012 election. He also helped to fund Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s re-election in March 2015. In the past, Adelson has contributed donations in order to help land an Israeli spacecraft on the moon.

In the meanwhile, guess we'll have to wait and see if Trump actually runs for Presidency and consequently gets Adelson's support. Seems more like a shtick though, if we're being honest.