He who steps on others to reach the top has good balance.

arts / rec.arts.tv / What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Ubiquitous
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
|| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Dimensional Traveler
|`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Arthur Lipscomb
`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)anim8rfsk
 `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)Ian J. Ball

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<UBI20230328@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180418&group=rec.arts.tv#180418

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 04:30:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

I watched:

GLENN BECK

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
https://youtu.be/cq3BBBByV28
The "Trans Resistance Network" has released a statement, saying that the
transgender shooter is the real victim of the Christian school shooting and
that you are the reason the shooter targeted Christians. Legacy media outlets
are upset that police in Nashville �misidentified� the gender of the
biologically female shooter who killed six, including three 9-year-old
children. Nashville police held a press conference yesterday, during which
they gave background information on the shooter and the possible motives for
the shooting. Officers of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department Rex
Engelbert, a 4-year veteran, and Michael Collazo, a 9-year veteran, were part
of a team of first responders sent to The Covenant School's campus Monday
morning. It took them only six minutes to take down the shooter.

I discovered that Catchy Comedy (formerly Deacades) plays the original at 9
and 9:30 PM.

NIGHT COURT:
"The Former Harry Stone". Lana learns Harry has a criminal record when she
tries to find out his age to settle a bet.

Wow, the actors look so young! I guess Harry was originally a man of mystery
because they had a betting pool on how old he is (Harry had the winning bet)
and he had secret criminal past that the sleazy report (hey, it's dead
Bernie!) wanted to expose. I was surprised to see the show wasn't as funny as
I remembered, at least at this point.

NIGHT COURT:
"Welcome Back, Momma". A woman who claims to be Harry's long-lost mother and
a beauty pageant operator appear before the court.

It turns out the woman was just lonely because her real son (hey, it's Peter
Jurassic!) wasn't paying enough attention to her, although I was skeptical
about her being able to research Harry's past. I noticed they already had
established Dan's satyrism� with the beaty pageant contestants who didn't
speak English, but I laughed when Bull drew a picture of his name to the
Swedish one who thought he had drawn a cow and was offended when he added
something to the drawing to clarify... LOL

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<u01ded$a1b4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180433&group=rec.arts.tv#180433

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 06:11:41 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 13:11 UTC

On 2023-03-29 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Just:

GH - Fri's ep, which is not really worth synopsizing.

The Blacklist (recorded) - "The Four Guns" (ep. #10.3). Now this is the
kind of fun malarkey I expect from "The Blacklist"!
I do wonder what BTR would think of this episode (he doesn't watch
this show, does he?...), as it involves the Secret Service, and I
expect BTR would have, uh... "opinions" on the depiction!
This episode also involves pickpockets, and Red busting Robert Vesco
(Stacey Keach) out of prison!
The main storyline involved now-Senator Panabaker, who seems to be
an assassination target, but I figured out pretty quickly that that was
misdirection, and the real target(s) were her Secret Service detail.
Meanwhile, Red takes advantage of the Panabaker situation to feed
another Blacklsit team (the pickpockets) to Cooper, in order to use
this team for his own ends - namely, busting Vesco out of the clink!!
Sidenote: Remember when Red showed Lizzie Kean *how* he assembled
his Blacklist info? And remember how that "system" was destroyed soon
afterwards?! So how the heck is Red still getting info on Blacklisters
now that it's several years after his Blacklist-finder system was
totally destroyed?!! (What?! We're not supposed to ask questions like
this?!!)

Recorded for later: GH, and Gotham Knights!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<1050265041.701787344.051929.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180435&group=rec.arts.tv#180435

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 06:18:07 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 13:18 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

Hey, thanks for asking!

GOTHAM KNIGHTS S01E03.
The worst episode yet, hacked out by one of the hacks that hacked out
unwatchable episodes of batteredwoman.
Lots of ridiculous scenes with the girls sitting around complaining to each
other that girls do all the work and men take all the credit.
Robin is back to challenging men twice her size to wrestling matches.

Eight minutes in, and my finger is trembling over the “delete and never
record any more“ button

Stupidest dialogue so far:

“The report said he drowned in a sewer, when actually, he fell in a
manhole.”

Because the slob that wrote this doesn’t understand that manholes lead to
sewers.

Meanwhile they’re setting us up perfectly for the trans vengeance parallel.

I had saved episodes one and two in case we needed to refer to them but
after this one, I just erased all three.

I dumped hundreds of hours of stuff off the DVR, which was filling up
quickly with all the shows on MeTV plus. There were a whole series that are
available streaming now like the Californians and the 6 million Dollar Man
so they all went in the dumpster. I also dumped Matt Houston and the
adventures of Jim Bowie, because both are terrible shows. And Mission
impossible because that’s available on a couple streamers.

I now fully expect all of those shows to stop being available on streaming,
certainly not for free.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<u01mno$bit7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180440&group=rec.arts.tv#180440

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 08:50:18 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 15:50 UTC

On 3/29/2023 6:11 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-03-29 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?

Stargate: SG-1 *whaps Anim*

S1E15 'Cor-ai'
With the episodes 'The Nox' and 'Hathor' the show started to build the
mythology of the Stargate universe (as opposed to the Stargate Universe)
instead of being just a series of stand-alone episodes about abandoned
Gou'ald worlds. This episode isn't as long term storyline oriented as
those but is a definite move away from the stand-alone planet episodes.

SG-1 *whaps Anim* arrives on a world that Teal'c recognizes. The locals
have fled when the Stargate activated and were out of sight when SG-1
*whaps Anim* arrived but as they explore the village around the gate
they are surprised and surrounded. There is a standoff for a little bit
but the two sides lower their weapons, until the head of the defenders
recognized Teal'c as the jaffa who killed his father when he was a
child. As the local militia takes Teal'c into custody the rest of the
villagers return, including the elders who give the rest of SG-1 *whaps
Anim* permission to leave. They refuse and stick around for Teal'c's
trial. There are some complications because of the locals' assumption
of guilt for anyone accused and Teal'c's guilt over the things he did
while serving Apophis. So the team decides they have to show the locals
that Teal'c has changed since they last knew him as a jaffa serving
Apophis. So they begin testifying on his behalf and having him testify
about when he turned against Apophis and saved them. The son of the man
Teal'c killed, who is the judge and jury, is still adamant that Teal'c
must die. O'Neill and Carter go back to Earth intending to bring a
strong armed force back to cower the locals into releasing Teal'c but
General Hammond won't authorize it. O'Neill and Carter return to find
the village shot up and Serpent Guards rounding up the locals. They
intervene and in the resulting battle Teal'c is injured saving some of
the villagers. The jaffa defeated, Teal'c hands a staff weapon to the
man who sentenced him to death and reminds him it is the appointed time
for the execution. "You would save those who wish to kill you?" "I
will save those who deserve to live."

And Christopher Judge retains his place in the opening credits. :P

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<u020j3$dhfr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180458&group=rec.arts.tv#180458

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:41:14 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 16:41 UTC

On 3/29/2023 6:11 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-03-29 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Just:
>
> GH - Fri's ep, which is not really worth synopsizing.
>
> The Blacklist (recorded) - "The Four Guns" (ep. #10.3). Now this is the
> kind of fun malarkey I expect from "The Blacklist"!
>   I do wonder what BTR would think of this episode (he doesn't watch
> this show, does he?...), as it involves the Secret Service, and I expect
> BTR would have, uh... "opinions" on the depiction!
>   This episode also involves pickpockets, and Red busting Robert Vesco
> (Stacey Keach) out of prison!
>   The main storyline involved now-Senator Panabaker, who seems to be an
> assassination target, but I figured out pretty quickly that that was
> misdirection, and the real target(s) were her Secret Service detail.
>   Meanwhile, Red takes advantage of the Panabaker situation to feed
> another Blacklsit team (the pickpockets) to Cooper, in order to use this
> team for his own ends - namely, busting Vesco out of the clink!!
>   Sidenote: Remember when Red showed Lizzie Kean *how* he assembled his
> Blacklist info?

No.

And remember how that "system" was destroyed soon
> afterwards?!

Don't remember that either.

So how the heck is Red still getting info on Blacklisters
> now that it's several years after his Blacklist-finder system was
> totally destroyed?!! (What?! We're not supposed to ask questions like
> this?!!)

I think the show is counting on the audience not remembering. But that
works too. ;-)

> Recorded for later: GH, and Gotham Knights!!

I tried to watch Gotham Knights episode 2 so I could also watch episode
3 back to back, but only made it a few minutes into episode 2. Nothing
to do with quality, just didn't have time. I was able to watch:

Law & Order:SVU - "The Presence of Absence" - A woman is tricked by
someone she met on a dating app and sexually assaulted and on top of
that the person also tried to impregnate her against her will. And
Carisi complains he's not sure if he can get a conviction because it
turns out the woman knew her attacker, although the woman didn't know
that at the time. I really don't think this case was as hard as Carisis
thought!

Quantum Leap - "The Friendly Skies" - Ben leaps into a flight attendant
and has to help take down a hijacker. OK episode, but the stinger at
end depicting the next leap was a major plot development.

Superman & Lois - "In Cold Blood" - Lois keeps coming up with excuses to
go to chemo therapy. You'd think her husband would be moving heaven and
earth to get her the best medical treatment possible and making sure she
gets to it.

Accused - "Esme's Story" - Abigail Breslin winds up on trial after
infiltrating a White supremacist group then killing some of them.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<u02jid$gvct$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180486&group=rec.arts.tv#180486

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 17:02:21 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 00:02 UTC

On 3/29/2023 8:50 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 3/29/2023 6:11 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2023-03-29 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
> Stargate: SG-1 *whaps Anim*
>
> S1E15 'Cor-ai'
> With the episodes 'The Nox' and 'Hathor' the show started to build the
> mythology of the Stargate universe (as opposed to the Stargate Universe)
> instead of being just a series of stand-alone episodes about abandoned
> Gou'ald worlds.  This episode isn't as long term storyline oriented as
> those but is a definite move away from the stand-alone planet episodes.
>
> SG-1 *whaps Anim* arrives on a world that Teal'c recognizes.  The locals
> have fled when the Stargate activated and were out of sight when SG-1
> *whaps Anim* arrived but as they explore the village around the gate
> they are surprised and surrounded.  There is a standoff for a little bit
> but the two sides lower their weapons, until the head of the defenders
> recognized Teal'c as the jaffa who killed his father when he was a
> child.  As the local militia takes Teal'c into custody the rest of the
> villagers return, including the elders who give the rest of SG-1 *whaps
> Anim* permission to leave.  They refuse and stick around for Teal'c's
> trial.  There are some complications because of the locals' assumption
> of guilt for anyone accused and Teal'c's guilt over the things he did
> while serving Apophis.  So the team decides they have to show the locals
> that Teal'c has changed since they last knew him as a jaffa serving
> Apophis.  So they begin testifying on his behalf and having him testify
> about when he turned against Apophis and saved them.  The son of the man
> Teal'c killed, who is the judge and jury, is still adamant that Teal'c
> must die.  O'Neill and Carter go back to Earth intending to bring a
> strong armed force back to cower the locals into releasing Teal'c but
> General Hammond won't authorize it.  O'Neill and Carter return to find
> the village shot up and Serpent Guards rounding up the locals.  They
> intervene and in the resulting battle Teal'c is injured saving some of
> the villagers.  The jaffa defeated, Teal'c hands a staff weapon to the
> man who sentenced him to death and reminds him it is the appointed time
> for the execution.  "You would save those who wish to kill you?"  "I
> will save those who deserve to live."
>
> And Christopher Judge retains his place in the opening credits.  :P

I remembered the episode but not that ending. I was expecting the guy
to forgive Teal'c. But the episode's ending is better.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<u02uqh$lmnc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180503&group=rec.arts.tv#180503

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 20:14:28 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 03:14 UTC

On 3/29/2023 5:02 PM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 3/29/2023 8:50 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>> Stargate: SG-1 *whaps Anim*
>>
>> S1E15 'Cor-ai'
>> With the episodes 'The Nox' and 'Hathor' the show started to build the
>> mythology of the Stargate universe (as opposed to the Stargate
>> Universe) instead of being just a series of stand-alone episodes about
>> abandoned Gou'ald worlds.  This episode isn't as long term storyline
>> oriented as those but is a definite move away from the stand-alone
>> planet episodes.
>>
>> SG-1 *whaps Anim* arrives on a world that Teal'c recognizes.  The
>> locals have fled when the Stargate activated and were out of sight
>> when SG-1 *whaps Anim* arrived but as they explore the village around
>> the gate they are surprised and surrounded.  There is a standoff for a
>> little bit but the two sides lower their weapons, until the head of
>> the defenders recognized Teal'c as the jaffa who killed his father
>> when he was a child.  As the local militia takes Teal'c into custody
>> the rest of the villagers return, including the elders who give the
>> rest of SG-1 *whaps Anim* permission to leave.  They refuse and stick
>> around for Teal'c's trial.  There are some complications because of
>> the locals' assumption of guilt for anyone accused and Teal'c's guilt
>> over the things he did while serving Apophis.  So the team decides
>> they have to show the locals that Teal'c has changed since they last
>> knew him as a jaffa serving Apophis.  So they begin testifying on his
>> behalf and having him testify about when he turned against Apophis and
>> saved them.  The son of the man Teal'c killed, who is the judge and
>> jury, is still adamant that Teal'c must die.  O'Neill and Carter go
>> back to Earth intending to bring a strong armed force back to cower
>> the locals into releasing Teal'c but General Hammond won't authorize
>> it.  O'Neill and Carter return to find the village shot up and Serpent
>> Guards rounding up the locals.  They intervene and in the resulting
>> battle Teal'c is injured saving some of the villagers.  The jaffa
>> defeated, Teal'c hands a staff weapon to the man who sentenced him to
>> death and reminds him it is the appointed time for the execution.
>> "You would save those who wish to kill you?"  "I will save those who
>> deserve to live."
>>
>> And Christopher Judge retains his place in the opening credits.  :P
>>

> I remembered the episode but not that ending.  I was expecting the guy
> to forgive Teal'c.  But the episode's ending is better.

Well there was some more dialog where the guy says he was mistaken,
Teal'c was not the jaffa who killed his father. The Teal'c before him
had killed the jaffa who killed his father. So yes, he did forgive
Teal'c but it seemed snarkier to end it the way I did. :D

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-28 (Tuesday)

<u04826$tpc5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180536&group=rec.arts.tv#180536

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 07:58:14 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:58 UTC

On 2023-03-29 13:18:07 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Hey, thanks for asking!
>
> GOTHAM KNIGHTS S01E03.
> The worst episode yet, hacked out by one of the hacks that hacked out
> unwatchable episodes of batteredwoman.
> Lots of ridiculous scenes with the girls sitting around complaining to each
> other that girls do all the work and men take all the credit.
> Robin is back to challenging men twice her size to wrestling matches.

Yeah, that disgusted me - they had made so much progress in the
previous episode, with scaling Navia Robinson to the fights. This
episode was almost back to giving her Buffy-level powers, though I did
appreciate that the big dude did throw her around quite a bit, so she
didn't just outright "beat" him...

> Eight minutes in, and my finger is trembling over the “delete and never
> record any more“ button
>
> Stupidest dialogue so far:
>
> “The report said he drowned in a sewer, when actually, he fell in a
> manhole.”

That wasn't the line - I was kind of listening for it, and they
definitely said something about a manhole, and I don't think they
mentioned a sewer.

> Because the slob that wrote this doesn’t understand that manholes lead to
> sewers.
>
> Meanwhile they’re setting us up perfectly for the trans vengeance parallel.

I think you'll need to explain this...

> I had saved episodes one and two in case we needed to refer to them but
> after this one, I just erased all three.

What I was worried about in this one was that they'd spring a lesbian
love affair on us between Stephanie and Harper. But I think maybe
Harper really does just hate Stephanie - if they leave it at that, I'll
be satisfied.