Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 12:11:14 -0700
From: pluted...@outlook.com (Pluted Pup)
Subject: OT: Rick and Morty grosses me out in the fifth season
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
 by: Pluted Pup - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 19:11 UTC

[Sorry for the on-topic post]

I stuck with watching Rick And Morty despite the gross out
humor in the effort to mine grains of humor from the hectic
mess ofthis animated show. Watching the show became a
battle of wills between my tolerance and the producers
intent to disgust. Well, I lost and the producers won,
they succeeded in grossing me out.

The fifth season episode, Rickdependence Spray:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14898020/?ref_=ttep_ep4

shows the kid, Morty, masturbating into an artificial horse
vagina, and somehow (science fiction) this causes a mutation
of human and horse sperm creating sperm monsters that invade
and attack the universe.

The thing with gross out or attack the viewer humor is that
it isn't that funny. Although I'm not much of a fan of Bob
Hope, inserting one of his wisecracks into the show would
actually make it funnier. You'd think with all the Advanced
Technology out there, there could be a button on our
Entertainment Devices to press to pause the show and have a
quick Bob Hope witticism to break up the monotony in the
shows you're watching. Besides a Bob Hope button, a sitcom
laugh-track button would help out in this instance to pause
the hectic-ness.