Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember. -- Oscar Levant

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

SubjectAuthor
* What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
|+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)shawn
||`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Arthur Lipscomb
|| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
||  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Ubiquitous
| `* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)anim8rfsk
|  `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Dimensional Traveler
+* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)suzeeq
|`* Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Ian J. Ball
| `- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)suzeeq
`- Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)Ubiquitous

1
What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvlias$1t9pg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179951&group=rec.arts.tv#179951

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 18:21:32 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 01:21 UTC

A belated two-day catch-up! for Thursday's WDYW? thread!:

WED:

DOOL - Mon's ep. More Megan Hathaway stuff - already tired of this
storyline!! Hope goes to visit a character played by Steve Burton (did
Burton actually get his start on DOOL in 1988 beofe GH?!!) for info on
Megan - is Steve Burton hanging around DOOL?! Meanwhile, PodBo (really
tired of this storyline already!!) "apparently executes" Kate.
(There's, like, no way.)

I finished watching the "Babes of Prey" pilot on The Tubi... If I had
unlimited time, I might just watch the rest of this series (again!).
But I don't, so...
Sidenote: I mentioned this elsewhere, but "Lois & Clark" (from
1993!) has a *much* better picture quality/resolution than "Babes of
Prey" (from 2002!) - the latter may have been shot in "high-def", but
L&C must have *filmed* as its picture (even in 4:3) looks ultra-high
def!!

Gotham Knights (recorded) - "Scene of the Crime" (ep. #2). I liked this
ep more than Anim did, but it was a step down from the pilot.
[For the rest of my thoughts on this one, see the separate thread...]

I watched both "Jodi Arias" Lifetime movies on LMN (I had actaully
never watched the first one before, and this my first chance to watch
the second one...)
Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret - This Lifetime flick from 2013
stars Tania Raymonde, and she's as sexy A.F.! in this!! (why the Hell
didn't Raymonde has a bigger career?! I actually don't think I've seen
her in anything in years!! (I guess since "The Last Ship")) But Jodi is
the kind of sexy that's *needy*, and, you know... homicidal! I missed
some of this in the middle so I missed some details, but they make it
clear that this wasn't a "she snapped" murder, but a fully premeditated
murder.
Bad Behind Bars: Jodi Arias - In this one from this year, Celina
Sinden (from "Reign"!) takes over as Jodi Arias. This is about how
Arias snowed two fellow inmates, a lesbian couple, especially one of
them named Donovan, into doing Jodi's bidding when she gets out of
prison. It takes Donovan way, way too long to realize that Jodi is a
lying sack of s**t. It's clear from both movies that Arias is a true
psychopath, though it's unclear (to me) how she got that way.

THUR:

GH - Tues' and Wed's ep's. I'll pass on most of this. The gist: Esme
moves in with Laura and Spencer! Anna stops Lucy from blowing their
cover and gets her return to hiding. Valentin enlists Drew's help to
take down Victor. Brook Lynn admits to Chase that she signed an NDA
with her sleazy ex-manager, and Chase is disgusted with her (again!).

The Night Sitter (Tubi) - This 2018 "supernatural horror" movie looks
like it was made for a $1.98. (Ah, it was a "Kickstarter" flick!)
But they use the money they have wisely - Don't have any money?
Spend it on good cameras (this flick actually *looks* pretty good in
HD), and spend it on good lighting (the movie sports some pretty clever
use of colored background lighting).
This stars the very attractive redhead Elyse DuFour (who I think I
previously discovered from a Lifetime movie - too bad she hasn't done
another one since!). She plays, Amber, a con artist/thief who poses as
a baby sitter so she can knock off a rich guy's house. (The rich guy is
an occultist who wants to do a supernatural reality show a la "Ghost
Hunters" or something...)
Anyway, while Amber is sitting the dude's son, and the dude's
girlfriend's son, the dude's son accidentally summons/unleashes three
witches from one of his dad's occult "collection"!
Supernatural (low-budget) whacky killing ensues!
The acting in this was mostly lackluster - The dude who played
Amber's needy "boyfriend" was especially bad (i.e. over-the-top, but
not in a good way). And the guy who played the next door nerdy neighbor
(who is also an occultist) seemed like a non-professional actor (though
he was actually OK). I did like the actress (Amber Neukum) who plays
the possessed girlfriend of Amber's thief partner - she's over-the-top
in the *right* way!
Anyway, this wasn't great, but I liked the clever use of lighting,
and the lovely DuFour! so this was an OK way to pass the time.

March Madness - I enjoyed K-State taking out Tom Rizzo and Michigan
State! UCLA played their usual pattern where they throw away the game
in the second half... So Gonzaga once again advances. >:/
In the upset! Florida Atlantic beats Tennessee!! Did not expect that
to happen!

Recorded for later: The Arc, and GH.

And what the heck did YOU watch?!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvlos3$212qi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179963&group=rec.arts.tv#179963

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:13:09 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 03:13 UTC

On 3/24/2023 6:21 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> And what the heck did YOU watch?!!

More 'Stargate: SG-1' *whaps Anim*

S1E08 'Brief Candle' The team goes to a world where everyone is
beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
experiment. So of course our heroes break things to save them from
their happy and care-free lives.

S1E06 'Cold Lazarus' The team finds a bunch of broken crystals in a
yellow desert but one of them crystals isn't broken. Jack, off by
himself out of sight, touches it, gets zapped unconscious and there is
another Jack looking down at him. Jack-2 goes back to Earth with the
rest of the team and looks up Jack-1's ex looking for Jack-1's dead kid.
Jack-1 wakes up, comes home and feel good emotional healing happens in
typical dramatic TV explosions fashion as Jack-2 explains Jack-1's
emotional pain over the loss of his son to him.

Yes, the DVD set has the episodes out of broadcast order. I'm also
noticing that after the pilot and second episode the G'ould aren't
really a factor in any of the following episodes other than as McGuffins
setting up these planets for SGC to mess up. I suspect Katharyn Power
has something to do with it. In addition to writing Carter into a blue
formal dress among the Mongols she was "Executive story consultant" for
the first season as well as being one of the writers for many of the
first season episodes. Makes me wonder how the show got a second season
as well as fueling a need to snark.

What did you watch?

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<6sts1i9t0pq5ernpel7od2ta59h6ehc2sc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179970&group=rec.arts.tv#179970

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 00:35:40 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:35 UTC

On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:13:09 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 3/24/2023 6:21 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>
>> And what the heck did YOU watch?!!
>>
>More 'Stargate: SG-1' *whaps Anim*
>
>S1E08 'Brief Candle' The team goes to a world where everyone is
>beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
>discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
>experiment. So of course our heroes break things to save them from
>their happy and care-free lives.
>
>S1E06 'Cold Lazarus' The team finds a bunch of broken crystals in a
>yellow desert but one of them crystals isn't broken. Jack, off by
>himself out of sight, touches it, gets zapped unconscious and there is
>another Jack looking down at him. Jack-2 goes back to Earth with the
>rest of the team and looks up Jack-1's ex looking for Jack-1's dead kid.
> Jack-1 wakes up, comes home and feel good emotional healing happens in
>typical dramatic TV explosions fashion as Jack-2 explains Jack-1's
>emotional pain over the loss of his son to him.
>
>Yes, the DVD set has the episodes out of broadcast order. I'm also
>noticing that after the pilot and second episode the G'ould aren't
>really a factor in any of the following episodes other than as McGuffins
>setting up these planets for SGC to mess up. I suspect Katharyn Power
>has something to do with it. In addition to writing Carter into a blue
>formal dress among the Mongols she was "Executive story consultant" for
>the first season as well as being one of the writers for many of the
>first season episodes. Makes me wonder how the show got a second season
>as well as fueling a need to snark.
>
>What did you watch?

I finished up the latest episode of GOTHAM KNIGHTS and discussed it in
the other thread on the episode. It wasn't horrible but still has a
long way to go before it's even an average show.

I also watched ALASKA DAILY which had the reporters uncovering
evidence that the guy admitting to killing Gloria is innocent. However
no one from the police to the District Attorney care about the
evidence as they just want the case closed. Which their research
project shows tends to be the case for the hundreds of missing native
women over the years. Also we have our two reporters, Eileen and Ros,
getting offers for new jobs at the NY Times and Washington Post with
neither rushing to accept their offers.

In addition I watched the first episode of THE NIGHT AGENT. In this we
have an FBI agent that spots a guy leaving behind a bomb on a subway
train and manages to get everyone off the train before it goes off.
Sadly there's this conspiracy nut who has decided to make it his
life's goal to prove the FBI agent was at least partially behind the
bombing which has made the FBI agent a bit of a pariah. So he's put
into a desk job at the White House (helps to have friends in high
places) where he sits every night going through reports and waiting
for the phone to ring.

One night it does ring and it's a woman calling for help because her
aunt and uncle (I think that's the relationship) are being attacked
and they had her call and give some code words as they were apparently
covert agents and the call is a distress call. The woman manages to
survive and escape the bad guys with the FBI agents advice and is
picked up by him as he has been ordered to keep her safe. The bad guys
are also clearly connected because they are later seen breaking into
the FBI agent's home so they were given his name and address even
though only a few people knew that he was protecting the woman.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvltr7$2eht1$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179971&group=rec.arts.tv#179971

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 21:37:59 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:37 UTC

> [...]
>   Supernatural (low-budget) whacky killing ensues!
>   The acting in this was mostly lackluster - The dude who played
> Amber's needy "boyfriend" was especially bad (i.e. over-the-top, but not
> in a good way). And the guy who played the next door nerdy neighbor (who
> is also an occultist) seemed like a non-professional actor (though he
> was actually OK). I did like the actress (Amber Neukum) who plays the
> possessed girlfriend of Amber's thief partner - she's over-the-top in
> the *right* way!
>   Anyway, this wasn't great, but I liked the clever use of lighting,
> and the lovely DuFour! so this was an OK way to pass the time.
>
> March Madness - I enjoyed K-State taking out Tom Rizzo and Michigan
> State! UCLA played their usual pattern where they throw away the game in
> the second half... So Gonzaga once again advances.  >:/

Yabbut, that last 2 minutes was worth watching!

>   In the upset! Florida Atlantic beats Tennessee!! Did not expect that
> to happen!
>
> Recorded for later: The Arc, and GH.
>

> And what the heck did YOU watch?!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvlvlv$224h0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179974&group=rec.arts.tv#179974

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:09:19 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:09 UTC

On 2023-03-25 04:37:59 +0000, suzeeq said:

> On 3/24/2023 6:21 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> A belated two-day catch-up! for Thursday's WDYW? thread!:
>>
>> March Madness - I enjoyed K-State taking out Tom Rizzo and Michigan
>> State! UCLA played their usual pattern where they throw away the game
>> in the second half... So Gonzaga once again advances.  >:/
>
> Yabbut, that last 2 minutes was worth watching!

It should never have gotten to that point - UCLA threw away that game.
I'm not going to give them "points" for "almost" bringing it back in
the final two minutes! :/

>>   In the upset! Florida Atlantic beats Tennessee!! Did not expect that
>> to happen!
>>
>> Recorded for later: The Arc, and GH.
>>

>> And what the heck did YOU watch?!!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<UBI20230323@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180001&group=rec.arts.tv#180001

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 04:30:41 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

In article <tvlias$1t9pg$1@dont-email.me>, IJBall@mac.invalid wrote:

>I finished watching the "Babes of Prey" pilot on The Tubi... If I had
>unlimited time, I might just watch the rest of this series (again!).
>But I don't, so...

You know you want to!

>And what the heck did YOU watch?!!

Hey! Watch your language!

After an extra arduous workout (two sets of 50's: pushups, bicep curls, and
weighted step-ups), I was too tired to watch anything. In fact, I fell
asleep waiting for the TV to warm up.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvn2fv$2ice8$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180008&group=rec.arts.tv#180008

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 08:03:27 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 15:03 UTC

On 3/24/2023 10:09 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2023-03-25 04:37:59 +0000, suzeeq said:
>
>> On 3/24/2023 6:21 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>> A belated two-day catch-up! for Thursday's WDYW? thread!:
>>>
>>> March Madness - I enjoyed K-State taking out Tom Rizzo and Michigan
>>> State! UCLA played their usual pattern where they throw away the game
>>> in the second half... So Gonzaga once again advances.  >:/
>>
>> Yabbut, that last 2 minutes was worth watching!
>
> It should never have gotten to that point - UCLA threw away that game.
> I'm not going to give them "points" for "almost" bringing it back in the
> final two minutes!  :/

Since I was for the Zags.... it was great!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvpq9b$2on65$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180096&group=rec.arts.tv#180096

From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 09:01:47 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 16:01 UTC

On 3/24/2023 9:35 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:13:09 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 3/24/2023 6:21 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>>>
>>> And what the heck did YOU watch?!!
>>>
>> More 'Stargate: SG-1' *whaps Anim*
>>
>> S1E08 'Brief Candle' The team goes to a world where everyone is
>> beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
>> discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
>> experiment. So of course our heroes break things to save them from
>> their happy and care-free lives.

I do not remember this episode at all. When I revisited SG1 a while ago
I didn't rewatch all of them, at least of the first few seasons of SG1.
I know I had a watch order guide so I could sync up the spin offs and I
think the further in I got the more episodes I watched.

>> S1E06 'Cold Lazarus' The team finds a bunch of broken crystals in a
>> yellow desert but one of them crystals isn't broken. Jack, off by
>> himself out of sight, touches it, gets zapped unconscious and there is
>> another Jack looking down at him. Jack-2 goes back to Earth with the
>> rest of the team and looks up Jack-1's ex looking for Jack-1's dead kid.
>> Jack-1 wakes up, comes home and feel good emotional healing happens in
>> typical dramatic TV explosions fashion as Jack-2 explains Jack-1's
>> emotional pain over the loss of his son to him.

Were there two Jacks or was one a crystal in human form so it could
experience humanoid life?

>> Yes, the DVD set has the episodes out of broadcast order. I'm also
>> noticing that after the pilot and second episode the G'ould aren't
>> really a factor in any of the following episodes other than as McGuffins
>> setting up these planets for SGC to mess up. I suspect Katharyn Power
>> has something to do with it. In addition to writing Carter into a blue
>> formal dress among the Mongols she was "Executive story consultant" for
>> the first season as well as being one of the writers for many of the
>> first season episodes. Makes me wonder how the show got a second season
>> as well as fueling a need to snark.
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I finished up the latest episode of GOTHAM KNIGHTS and discussed it in
> the other thread on the episode. It wasn't horrible but still has a
> long way to go before it's even an average show.

I still need to get to episode 2. Not sure when.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<tvqh31$2sk6h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180139&group=rec.arts.tv#180139

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 15:30:59 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 26 Mar 2023 22:30 UTC

On 3/26/2023 9:01 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
> On 3/24/2023 9:35 PM, shawn wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Mar 2023 20:13:09 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
>> <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> More 'Stargate: SG-1' *whaps Anim*
>>>
>>> S1E08 'Brief Candle'  The team goes to a world where everyone is
>>> beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
>>> discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
>>> experiment.  So of course our heroes break things to save them from
>>> their happy and care-free lives.
>>>

> I do not remember this episode at all.  When I revisited SG1 a while ago
> I didn't rewatch all of them, at least of the first few seasons of SG1.
> I know I had a watch order guide so I could sync up the spin offs and I
> think the further in I got the more episodes I watched.

I suspect you've never seen the episode at all as Bobbie Phillips dance
is very memorable. *waggles eyebrows*

>>> S1E06 'Cold Lazarus'  The team finds a bunch of broken crystals in a
>>> yellow desert but one of them crystals isn't broken.  Jack, off by
>>> himself out of sight, touches it, gets zapped unconscious and there is
>>> another Jack looking down at him.  Jack-2 goes back to Earth with the
>>> rest of the team and looks up Jack-1's ex looking for Jack-1's dead kid.
>>>   Jack-1 wakes up, comes home and feel good emotional healing happens in
>>> typical dramatic TV explosions fashion as Jack-2 explains Jack-1's
>>> emotional pain over the loss of his son to him.
>>>

> Were there two Jacks or was one a crystal in human form so it could
> experience humanoid life?

Jack-2 was the crystal life form assuming his appearance so it could
somehow "fix" accidentally killing or injuring the original.

>>> Yes, the DVD set has the episodes out of broadcast order.  I'm also
>>> noticing that after the pilot and second episode the G'ould aren't
>>> really a factor in any of the following episodes other than as McGuffins
>>> setting up these planets for SGC to mess up.  I suspect Katharyn Power
>>> has something to do with it.  In addition to writing Carter into a blue
>>> formal dress among the Mongols she was "Executive story consultant" for
>>> the first season as well as being one of the writers for many of the
>>> first season episodes.  Makes me wonder how the show got a second season
>>> as well as fueling a need to snark.
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> I finished up the latest episode of GOTHAM KNIGHTS and discussed it in
>> the other thread on the episode. It wasn't horrible but still has a
>> long way to go before it's even an average show.
>>

> I still need to get to episode 2.  Not sure when.

dirty old man.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<216933926.701567361.986562.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180149&group=rec.arts.tv#180149

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 17:18:35 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 27 Mar 2023 00:18 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 3/26/2023 9:01 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:
>> On 3/24/2023 9:35 PM, shawn wrote:

>> I do not remember this episode at all.  When I revisited SG1 a while ago
>> I didn't rewatch all of them, at least of the first few seasons of SG1.
>> I know I had a watch order guide so I could sync up the spin offs and I
>> think the further in I got the more episodes I watched.
>>
> I suspect you've never seen the episode at all as Bobbie Phillips dance
> is very memorable. *waggles eyebrows*

Best known as the worlds hottest entomologist on The X-Files.

https://youtu.be/w-AiNoF4pbk

Notice that the computer saying “working” is an audio lift from Assignment:
Earth.

>> Were there two Jacks or was one a crystal in human form so it could
>> experience humanoid life?
>>
> Jack-2 was the crystal life form assuming his appearance so it could
> somehow "fix" accidentally killing or injuring the original.

With Harley Jane Kozak as Jack’s awesome ex-wife, who then vanished.

>>> I finished up the latest episode of GOTHAM KNIGHTS and discussed it in
>>> the other thread on the episode. It wasn't horrible but still has a
>>> long way to go before it's even an average show.
>>>

>> I still need to get to episode 2.  Not sure when.

You can probably just skip it and check in on episode three.

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<u018pg$8ipc$13@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180429&group=rec.arts.tv#180429

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 07:52:15 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 11:52 UTC

In article <tvlos3$212qi$1@dont-email.me>, dtravel@sonic.net wrote:

>S1E08 'Brief Candle' The team goes to a world where everyone is
>beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
>discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
>experiment. So of course our heroes break things to save them from
>their happy and care-free lives.

Wait, why weren't they all long dead?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<1492468455.701800186.708029.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180444&group=rec.arts.tv#180444

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:31:00 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 16:31 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> In article <tvlos3$212qi$1@dont-email.me>, dtravel@sonic.net wrote:
>
>> S1E08 'Brief Candle' The team goes to a world where everyone is
>> beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
>> discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
>> experiment. So of course our heroes break things to save them from
>> their happy and care-free lives.
>
> Wait, why weren't they all long dead?

They spent most of the time having babies that grew to maturity in like a
week.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-03-23 (Thursday)

<u025vk$efdt$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180465&group=rec.arts.tv#180465

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 13:10:30 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 20:10 UTC

On 3/29/2023 9:31 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> In article <tvlos3$212qi$1@dont-email.me>, dtravel@sonic.net wrote:
>>
>>> S1E08 'Brief Candle' The team goes to a world where everyone is
>>> beautiful, Bobbie Phillips seduces and marries Jack and then the team
>>> discovers that the locals only live for 100 days because of a G'ould
>>> experiment. So of course our heroes break things to save them from
>>> their happy and care-free lives.
>>
>> Wait, why weren't they all long dead?
>
> They spent most of the time having babies that grew to maturity in like a
> week.

What he said.

dirty old man.