We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the machinations of the wicked.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!

SubjectAuthor
* It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!anim8rfsk
+* Re: It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!A Friend
|`- Re: It’s THE WORST FLASHanim8rfsk
`* Re: It???s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!BTR1701
 `- Re: It's THE WORST FLASH EVER!!Adam H. Kerman

1
It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!

<775928177.701845080.511996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180513&group=rec.arts.tv#180513

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 22:19:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 05:19 UTC

Yes, they’ve done it again.

S09E07 “Wildest Dreams”.

It’s the episode we’ve been dreading. Nura Nal, Dreamer from stupidgirl,
shows up for no imaginable reason.

I had forgotten that “she“ (dreamer is a guy in drag) has dream powers that
are passed down only to the women of her planet. Somehow by dressing up
like RuPaul, he has fooled genetics.

Dreamer is being hunted by a dream creature that looks like a Jawa, and
somehow dreamer can tell it’s a girl so he comes to visit Iris West, who
they’re letting get fat again because she’s supposed to be pregnant. Of
course, instantly they go into a dream where they just wander around saying
stupid things and literally nothing happens the entire episode until the
very end when dreamer realizes that the Jawa isn’t bad it’s good and was
just trying to say hi.

In fact, the Jawa turns out to be the original Slayer from BUFFY. That’s
how creative this was.

The only possible thing of interest would be the mentions to the other now
dead shows.

They rattled them off like the obligatory laundry list, completely dead
pan.

Iris to dreamer:
“I had a great time at Mimosa brunch with you, Kara, Alex, and Ryan.“

I have no idea who the hell Ryan is.

Later, Barry wants to look for help because his wife’s asleep and the rest
of his team think he’s crazy. Yes, Barry finally asked the question we ask
every week and the answer is “you’re crazy to ask for help“

Barry:
“What about contacting Kara, or Brainy, or J’on?”
“Barry, I checked, they are all off world”

Barry:
“I’m, I’m going to call the League. Cisco, Dave, anyone I can think of”

So there is still a League. I have no idea who the hell Dave is.

At this point the women folk decide Barry is crazy and go try to talk him
down.

In what I think is a first Barry never even suits up this week.

Stupid dialogue of the week:

Nura to Iris:

“We are two smart bad ass women”

Well, Iris is one of those three things and Nura is none of those three
things.

We’ll see if it makes The Ark look good by comparison.

Re: It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!

<300320230932318982%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180531&group=rec.arts.tv#180531

Subject: Re: It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:32:31 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 13:32 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Iris to dreamer:
> ³I had a great time at Mimosa brunch with you, Kara, Alex, and Ryan.³
>
> I have no idea who the hell Ryan is.

Ryan Choi. He's the (relatively new, since 2006) Atom.

Re: It’s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!

<611943650.701885795.649665.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180545&group=rec.arts.tv#180545

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: It’s THE WORST FLASH
EVER!!
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:46:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 16:46 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <775928177.701845080.511996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Iris to dreamer:
>> ³I had a great time at Mimosa brunch with you, Kara, Alex, and Ryan.³
>>
>> I have no idea who the hell Ryan is.
>

> Ryan Choi. He's the (relatively new, since 2006) Atom.

Thanks.

Re: It???s THE WORST FLASH EVER!!

<atropos-7E87EB.15380820042023@69.muea.snfc.sfjca01r1.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182941&group=rec.arts.tv#182941

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 15:38:08 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 22:38 UTC

In article
<775928177.701845080.511996.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Yes, they've done it again.
>
> S09E07 "Wildest Dreams"
>
> It's the episode we've been dreading. Nura Nal, Dreamer from stupidgirl,
> shows up for no imaginable reason.
>
> I had forgotten that "she" (dreamer is a guy in drag) has dream powers that
> are passed down only to the women of her planet. Somehow by dressing up
> like RuPaul, he has fooled genetics.

I will give the dude credit. Unlike most trans-testicles, he totally
passes as a woman. If I didn't know Dreamer is a guy, I'd be totally
fooled.

> Dreamer is being hunted by a dream creature that looks like a Jawa, and
> somehow dreamer can tell it's a girl so he comes to visit Iris West, who
> they're letting get fat again because she’s supposed to be pregnant. Of
> course, instantly they go into a dream where they just wander around saying
> stupid things and literally nothing happens the entire episode until the
> very end when Dreamer realizes that the Jawa isn't bad, it's good and was
> just trying to say hi.
>
> In fact, the Jawa turns out to be the original Slayer from BUFFY. That's
> how creative this was.

Except unlike BUFFY's feral proto-Slayer, this proto-Dreamer is
perfectly civilized because we can't show black people as savages on TV
anymore.

> Nura to Iris:
>
> "We are two smart bad ass women"

Yeah, total cringe. I thought they were going to join their Grrrl Power
rings and take the shape of some water and an animal or something.

Re: It's THE WORST FLASH EVER!!

<u1sqvt$ulra$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182955&group=rec.arts.tv#182955

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:04:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 21 Apr 2023 02:04 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>Yes, they've done it again.

>>S09E07 "Wildest Dreams"

>>It's the episode we've been dreading. Nura Nal, Dreamer from stupidgirl,
>>shows up for no imaginable reason.

>>I had forgotten that "she" (dreamer is a guy in drag) has dream powers that
>>are passed down only to the women of her planet. Somehow by dressing up
>>like RuPaul, he has fooled genetics.

>I will give the dude credit. Unlike most trans-testicles, he totally
>passes as a woman. If I didn't know Dreamer is a guy, I'd be totally
>fooled.

Too bad Nikki Maines didn't win the role because she was a fully
committed and fully trained actress. She was the plaintiff in one of
those school bathroom access cases, then got nationwide publicity.