"Plan to throw one away. You will anyway." -- Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"

arts / rec.arts.tv / Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

SubjectAuthor
* Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky
+- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.FPP
+* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky
|+- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky
|`* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.super70s
| +* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.suzeeq
| |`* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.Adam H. Kerman
| | `- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.suzeeq
| `- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky
+- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.Bering Sea Bar & Brig
+* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.anim8rfsk
|`- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.Ubiquitous
+* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.Ed Stasiak
|`- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky
`* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.moviePig
 `* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky
  `* Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.moviePig
   +- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.Ed Stasiak
   `- Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.trotsky

1
Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<OaoVL.341075$mmyc.272321@fx37.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180590&group=rec.arts.tv#180590

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Subject: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 17:37:34 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 22:37 UTC

Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<u053ue$12v7u$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180594&group=rec.arts.tv#180594

From: fredp1...@gmail.com (FPP)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:54:06 -0400
 by: FPP - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 22:54 UTC

On 3/30/23 6:37 PM, trotsky wrote:
> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.

But, while you're waiting... for your consideration:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvj2outulsvhzw5/Wanted.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkyl1qa9rw1srn5/Lawnmower%20Man.jpg?dl=0

And for those who celebrate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru5g7ciu2sluyk0/Muggy%20Today.jpg?dl=0

....and for your desktop.

--
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

And since I trashed all my social media accounts over a year ago, the
only time I check in here is when I boot up to check out my external SSD
backup drive.

So you shouldn't expect I'll see any replies... but feel free to knock
yourself out!

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<2woVL.104996$LAYb.50686@fx02.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180598&group=rec.arts.tv#180598

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:00:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:00 UTC

On 3/30/23 5:51 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 18:37:39 UTC-4, trotsky wrote:
>> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.
>
> Can't figure out why paying someone to keep their mouth closed about a private matter constitutes criminality.
> NDA's are done all the time, and it's all legal. The only time it isn't is if a court rules that the NDA is no longer
> binding but that's usually associated with civil matters which ironically, this was. You could make the case that hiring a
> prostitute is illegal (is it, if it happened and where it happened?) but honestly, how many people outside of those
> cruising pick-up places ever get charged for that? This is politics of the purest Democrat kind. Even people who
> don't like Trump realize that.

Cry me a river, vegetable. We have the finest system of justice in the
world and you trying to berate it just makes you sound like the partisan
hack dipshit asshole you are.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<PZoVL.1221198$gGD7.892742@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180600&group=rec.arts.tv#180600

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:31:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:31 UTC

On 3/30/23 6:24 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 19:13:52 UTC-4, RichA wrote:

>>> Cry me a river, vegetable. We have the finest system of justice in the
>>> world and you trying to berate it just makes you sound like the partisan
>>> hack dipshit asshole you are.
>> The American justice system is lopsided for those with a lot of money. Safe to say Trump won't have a public defender!!
>
> PROOF? Rich Paltrow just won her skiing accident lawsuit. Yes, she has a lot more money than the other person did.

The guy had a shit case. And you're just changing the subject because
you're scared shitless by fatso's indictment.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<a9fa21c6-8a5d-4928-95cd-ee5f7c5972b3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180605&group=rec.arts.tv#180605

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 17:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Bering Sea Bar & Brig)
 by: Bering Sea Bar & - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 00:37 UTC

On Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 5:37:39 PM UTC-5, trotsky wrote:
> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.

The Department of Correction has begun to implement an institutional uniform plan, wherein all individuals in and entering custody will be provided with uniforms for the duration of their incarceration. None of the inmate’s personal clothing will be permitted in the facility – this includes sweatpants, non-uniform sweatshirts, athletic shorts, head gear, hats, or caps and compression-style attire. These items will be collected and stored upon admission with the inmate’s other clothing
https://www.nyc.gov/site/doc/inmate-info/institutional-uniforms.page

"compression-style attire" ?? girdles ??

Incarcerated people in Department of Correction (DOC) facilities may have an incarcerated person fund account. They can use money from their account to buy food in the commissary and more.
You can deposit money into an incarcerated person's account by phone, online, by mail, or in person.
https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-01959

What time do inmates wake up in Rikers Island?
At 6 AM, inmates are awakened and have time to shower, dress, make up their beds and prepare for breakfast. They eat in the dining hall at 6:45 and then prepare for the day's work. A correctional officer assembles the community work squad inmates who prepare their equipment and travel by prison van to their work site.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<super70s-10802A.19544330032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180607&group=rec.arts.tv#180607

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 19:54:43 -0500
 by: super70s - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 00:54 UTC

In article <2woVL.104996$LAYb.50686@fx02.iad>,
trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

> On 3/30/23 5:51 PM, RichA wrote:
> > On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 18:37:39 UTC-4, trotsky wrote:
> >> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.
> >
> > Can't figure out why paying someone to keep their mouth closed about a
> > private matter constitutes criminality. NDA's are done all the time, and it's
> > all legal. The only time it isn't is if a court rules that the NDA is no longer
> > binding but that's usually associated with civil matters which ironically, this
> > was. You could make the case that hiring a prostitute is illegal (is it, if it
> > happened and where it happened?) but honestly, how many people outside
> > of those cruising pick-up places ever get charged for that? This is politics
> > of the purest Democrat kind. Even people who don't like Trump realize that.
>

> Cry me a river, vegetable. We have the finest system of justice in the
> world and you trying to berate it just makes you sound like the partisan
> hack dipshit asshole you are.

The payoff went on around the same time the Access Hollywood story
broke, there's an excellent chance it would've driven a stake in Trump's
heart if it became public and the US wouldn't have had to suffer a Trump
presidency and all the destruction to our system he wreaked.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<1273505400.701915481.315453.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180612&group=rec.arts.tv#180612

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:02:30 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 01:02 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 March 2023 at 18:37:39 UTC-4, trotsky wrote:
>> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.
>
> Can't figure out why paying someone to keep their mouth closed about a
> private matter constitutes criminality.

As if it is, then why didn’t Clinton go to jail for paying off his whore?

> NDA's are done all the time, and it's all legal. The only time it isn't
> is if a court rules that the NDA is no longer
> binding but that's usually associated with civil matters which
> ironically, this was. You could make the case that hiring a
> prostitute is illegal (is it, if it happened and where it happened?) but
> honestly, how many people outside of those
> cruising pick-up places ever get charged for that? This is politics of
> the purest Democrat kind. Even people who
> don't like Trump realize that.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<u05d2p$2mcon$2@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180615&group=rec.arts.tv#180615

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:30:00 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 01:30 UTC

On 3/30/2023 5:54 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <2woVL.104996$LAYb.50686@fx02.iad>,
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> Can't figure out why paying someone to keep their mouth closed about a
>>> private matter constitutes criminality. NDA's are done all the time, and it's
>>> all legal. The only time it isn't is if a court rules that the NDA is no longer
>>> binding but that's usually associated with civil matters which ironically, this
>>> was. You could make the case that hiring a prostitute is illegal (is it, if it
>>> happened and where it happened?) but honestly, how many people outside
>>> of those cruising pick-up places ever get charged for that? This is politics
>>> of the purest Democrat kind. Even people who don't like Trump realize that.
>>

>> Cry me a river, vegetable. We have the finest system of justice in the
>> world and you trying to berate it just makes you sound like the partisan
>> hack dipshit asshole you are.
>
> The payoff went on around the same time the Access Hollywood story
> broke, there's an excellent chance it would've driven a stake in Trump's
> heart if it became public and the US wouldn't have had to suffer a Trump
> presidency and all the destruction to our system he wreaked.

It seems the payoff money came from campaign funds. That's what it's
about, not a broken NDA and why it's political. Maybe even there's
federal laws broken.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<u05lcd$18edq$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180638&group=rec.arts.tv#180638

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:51:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:51 UTC

suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:

>>. . .

>It seems the payoff money came from campaign funds. That's what it's
>about, not a broken NDA and why it's political. Maybe even there's
>federal laws broken.

There were federal laws broken; that's how Michael Cohen was prosecuted
and convicted.

You're not explaining it right. The federal government contended that
because the payoff was material to the campaign, that in and of itself
made it an in-kind contribution and political subject to disclosure.

The state charges had to do with falsified business records to hide the
payout, disguising it to look like a series of legal retainers.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<u05me7$2q7ip$3@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180641&group=rec.arts.tv#180641

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 21:09:43 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 04:09 UTC

On 3/30/2023 8:51 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> It seems the payoff money came from campaign funds. That's what it's
>> about, not a broken NDA and why it's political. Maybe even there's
>> federal laws broken.
>
> There were federal laws broken; that's how Michael Cohen was prosecuted
> and convicted.
>
> You're not explaining it right.

Because I don't understand all the legalese.

> The federal government contended that
> because the payoff was material to the campaign, that in and of itself
> made it an in-kind contribution and political subject to disclosure.
>
> The state charges had to do with falsified business records to hide the
> payout, disguising it to look like a series of legal retainers.

Thanks for the information.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<af362fb3-8008-4ae2-bace-5a0f331609adn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180658&group=rec.arts.tv#180658

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:05:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 06:05 UTC

> trotsky
>
> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.

Both the Dems and Reps are terrified of Trump running for President again,
as odds are very good he'd win, (especially against Alzheimers Biden) thus
they've been trying anything and everything to keep him out of the White House.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<xcwVL.1284872$Tcw8.756734@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180663&group=rec.arts.tv#180663

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 02:45:33 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 07:45 UTC

On 3/30/23 7:54 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <2woVL.104996$LAYb.50686@fx02.iad>,
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> Can't figure out why paying someone to keep their mouth closed about a
>>> private matter constitutes criminality. NDA's are done all the time, and it's
>>> all legal. The only time it isn't is if a court rules that the NDA is no longer
>>> binding but that's usually associated with civil matters which ironically, this
>>> was. You could make the case that hiring a prostitute is illegal (is it, if it
>>> happened and where it happened?) but honestly, how many people outside
>>> of those cruising pick-up places ever get charged for that? This is politics
>>> of the purest Democrat kind. Even people who don't like Trump realize that.
>>

>> Cry me a river, vegetable. We have the finest system of justice in the
>> world and you trying to berate it just makes you sound like the partisan
>> hack dipshit asshole you are.
>
> The payoff went on around the same time the Access Hollywood story
> broke, there's an excellent chance it would've driven a stake in Trump's
> heart if it became public and the US wouldn't have had to suffer a Trump
> presidency and all the destruction to our system he wreaked.

The election was fixed. Reality Winner went to prison for leaking a
document showing the voter rolls were hacked in 19 states. What the
fuck, do you think they did that for fun? The U.S. as a society is too
weak to admit the real truth. Simple.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<brwVL.407870$5S78.296691@fx48.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180668&group=rec.arts.tv#180668

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:01:11 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 08:01 UTC

On 3/31/23 1:05 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> trotsky
>>
>> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.
>
> Both the Dems and Reps are terrified of Trump running for President again,
> as odds are very good he'd win, (especially against Alzheimers Biden) thus
> they've been trying anything and everything to keep him out of the White House.

Excellent, Oath Keeper Twat doesn't have the balls to comment so he
sends his sockpuppet in his stead. How droll.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<u04gn6$vbvg$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180679&group=rec.arts.tv#180679

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 09:23:06 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:23 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Can't figure out why paying someone to keep their mouth closed about a
>> private matter constitutes criminality.
>> NDA's are done all the time, and it's all legal. The only time it isn't
>> is if a court rules that the NDA is no longer binding but that's usually
>> associated with civil matters which ironically, this was. You could make
>> the case that hiring a prostitute is illegal (is it, if it happened and
>> where it happened?) but honestly, how many people outside of those
>> cruising pick-up places ever get charged for that? This is politics of
>> the purest Democrat kind. Even people who don't like Trump realize that.
>
> As if it is, then why didn't Clinton go to jail for paying off his whore?

Here are the TOP 5 things you NEED to know about Trump's bogus indictment:

1. Trump committed a misdemeanor, NOT a felony.
The allegations against Trump pertain to "hush money" given to the porn star
Stormy Daniels during his 2016 Presidential Campaign. Trump's advisor Michael
Cohen gave Daniels $130,000 of his own money after Daniels threatened to
publicize her alleged affair with Trump just days before the 2016 election.
Cohen wrote off the money as "legal fees" under his campaign finance funds.
Trump then reimbursed Cohen for the expenses once he was in the White House.

Trump has maintained that he never had an affair with Daniels and that he is
the victim of an extortion scheme. But that is besides the point. New York DA
Alvin Bragg is potentially indicting Trump based on mislabeling the "hush
money" as "legal fees" under campaign finance laws.

Even NBC acknowledges that mislabeling campaign finances is a "misdemeanor,"
not a felony, yet Trump is being prosecuted as if it were. The only way the
"crime" could be turned into a felony is if the mislabeling was done to cover
up another crime. Yet, as NBC admits, it is unclear whether Bragg has
evidence of another crime that Trump was trying to cover up.

If you are thinking, "Wait, this is old news, right?" you would be correct.
There is a reason why no one has prosecuted Trump based on the Stormy Daniels
hush money in the seven years since it occurred�because there simply is no
federal case. So why has Alvin Bragg decided to prosecute Trump now? Well,
for one thing, Trump announced he is running for President again in 2024, and
the Left simply can't let that happen.

2. Hillary Clinton committed the SAME crime.
The double standard of Trump's potential indictment is made even more clear
when compared with Hillary Clinton, who committed the same misdemeanor.

Hillary Clinton's 2016 Presidential campaign "misreported" funds received
from the Democratic National Convention (DNC) that went towards the infamous
Steele Dossier, which aimed at linking Trump to collusion with the Russian
government (which was proven to be a complete farce). Clinton's campaign
wrote off the Steele Dossier funds as "legal services"�sound familiar?

She and the DNC paid the Federal Election Commission $113,000 to the Federal
Election Commission, and the issue was swept under the rug. Yet Trump is
being accused of the SAME misdemeanor�mislabeling campaign finance funds�and
he is being threatened with federal prosecution.

3. Trump's possible indictment is "very conveniently" timed to overshadow the Biden family's corruption.
On March 16, 2023, the House Oversight Committee released a scathing
memorandum detailing the illicit business dealings between the Biden family
and the Chinese state-owned energy company, State Energy HK Limited.

According to bank records subpoenaed by the committee, the Chinese energy
company wired $3 million to Delaware-based Robinson Walker LLC two months
after Biden left the White House in 2017. At the time of the wire transfer,
the business account only had $159 thousand. Now it had over $3 million.

The very next day, Robinson Walker LLC wired over $1 million to a company
associated with James Gillar, a business partner of Hunter Biden�s.

Over the next 3 months, Robinson Walker LLC would send incremental payments
to multiple members of the Biden family and their companies, including Hunter
Biden, Joe Biden's brother, James, and Beau Biden's ex-wife, Hallie. The
transfers included another "mysterious" recipient titled simply, �Biden." Who
could that possibly be?

Let's get this straight: Trump's potential misdemeanor-turned-felony is
making front-page news while Biden's DOCUMENTED business dealings with a
foreign entity and enemy to the United States are being swept under the rug.
How "convenient" for Biden.

4. Weaponizing judiciary
This week, Glenn Beck published a poll to see what YOU think of Trump's potential
indictment, and most of you overwhelmingly believe our judiciary is being
weaponized against anyone on the right side of the aisle�and you are
absolutely correct.

Glenn aptly pointed out that using the judiciary to attack political
opponents is something we see in banana republics, but now we are witnessing
it in the U.S. before our eyes. As Glenn said, the strategy in banana
republics is, "Show me the man, and I will find you the crime." They want
Trump GONE, and now they are trying to conjure up the crime to do it.

It is very telling that conservatives are fearful of protesting Trump's
potential indictment. As Glenn said, we all want a peaceful response.
However, conservatives are now taking pause before peaceful protest after
seeing the DOJ ruthlessly prosecute thousands of individuals on January 6,
even those who never reached the capitol grounds. Is protesting Trump's
indictment worth the risk of arrest?

The fact that this question arises in people's minds is extremely indicative
of our current political climate. Our judiciary has been weaponized against
conservatives, and now we have to think twice before publicly standing up for
our beliefs. Sounding more like a banana republic?

5. This is the FIRST time a U.S. President has been federally prosecuted.
If Trump is federally indicted, it would solidify the judiciary's ability to
become a weapon against political opponents, even up to the position of a
U.S. President. This should give all Americans grave concern. This issue is
much bigger than Trump; it is about whether we want to live in a nation whose
ruling power can use its judicial system to go after its opponents.

Consider, for a moment, if the tables were turned. What if a Trump-appointed
DA federally indicted President Obama for a state-level misdemeanor that
resulted in throwing him in prison? Is that the "America" you would want to
live in? It would arguably cease to be "America" as we know it and devolve
into an ungovernable shell of what it once was.

This harrowing possibility is materializing beneath our very noses. There
were many events that led up to the fall of the Roman republic into an
empire, but it was the singular event of Caesar crossing the Rubicon that
tipped the republic past the point of no return. Could this be our Rubicon
moment? Are we, like Cicero, witnessing our republic mutate into something
unrecognizable before our very eyes?

Though prosecuting Trump may yield some political vengeance and satisfaction
for one side of the aisle in the short term, it poses an insurmountable
threat to both sides of the aisle in the long-term trajectory of our country.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<XfDVL.1220436$MVg8.273565@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180684&group=rec.arts.tv#180684

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:47:03 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 15:47 UTC

On 3/30/2023 6:37 PM, trotsky wrote:
> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.

Not exactly a contrary reaction but an interesting one (from Reddit):

--------
OK now can we finally just start charging other campaign finance violators.

There are huge lists of shady business actors in the government and
boards of large business who were involved in similar campaign violation
and shmearing schemes.

Can we please start using the FBI to investigate corruption and bring
charges to the wealthy oligarchs who keep gaming the system?
--------

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<qAIVL.1292597$Tcw8.602419@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180706&group=rec.arts.tv#180706

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 16:50:14 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 21:50 UTC

On 3/31/23 10:47 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 3/30/2023 6:37 PM, trotsky wrote:
>> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.
>
> Not exactly a contrary reaction but an interesting one (from Reddit):
>
> --------
> OK now can we finally just start charging other campaign finance violators.
>
> There are huge lists of shady business actors in the government and
> boards of large business who were involved in similar campaign violation
> and shmearing schemes.
>
> Can we please start using the FBI to investigate corruption and bring
> charges to the wealthy oligarchs who keep gaming the system?
> --------

You're interested in guys posting to Reddit instead of contacting their
congresspeople?

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<oKIVL.2145466$vBI8.1543261@fx15.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180713&group=rec.arts.tv#180713

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 18:00:52 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 22:00 UTC

On 3/31/2023 5:50 PM, trotsky wrote:
> On 3/31/23 10:47 AM, moviePig wrote:
>> On 3/30/2023 6:37 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>> Christmas came too early for me to have a war on it.
>>
>> Not exactly a contrary reaction but an interesting one (from Reddit):
>>
>> --------
>> OK now can we finally just start charging other campaign finance
>> violators.
>>
>> There are huge lists of shady business actors in the government and
>> boards of large business who were involved in similar campaign
>> violation and shmearing schemes.
>>
>> Can we please start using the FBI to investigate corruption and bring
>> charges to the wealthy oligarchs who keep gaming the system?
>> --------
>

> You're interested in guys posting to Reddit instead of contacting their
> congresspeople?

It's possible that posting an intelligent viewpoint in a public forum
(like Reddit or r.a.tv) can be more effective than adding the millionth
sympathetic voice-mail to a answering machine's log.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<e293341d-ccb7-4f8f-a102-dac183e9284bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180721&group=rec.arts.tv#180721

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 18:13:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 01:13 UTC

> moviePig
> > trotsky
> >
> > You're interested in guys posting to Reddit instead of contacting their
> > congresspeople?
>
> It's possible that posting an intelligent viewpoint in a public forum
> (like Reddit or r.a.tv) can be more effective than adding the millionth
> sympathetic voice-mail to a answering machine's log.

Indeed, it's pretty clear that social media has a huge effect on our
society and culture, all the more reason it shouldn't censored by
either the government or Wall Street.

Re: Oopsie, fatso's been indicted.

<GiTVL.448967$PXw7.263182@fx45.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180745&group=rec.arts.tv#180745

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 05:02:14 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 10:02 UTC

On 3/31/23 5:00 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 3/31/2023 5:50 PM, trotsky wrote:
>>>
>>> Not exactly a contrary reaction but an interesting one (from Reddit):
>>>
>>> --------
>>> OK now can we finally just start charging other campaign finance
>>> violators.
>>>
>>> There are huge lists of shady business actors in the government and
>>> boards of large business who were involved in similar campaign
>>> violation and shmearing schemes.
>>>
>>> Can we please start using the FBI to investigate corruption and bring
>>> charges to the wealthy oligarchs who keep gaming the system?
>>> --------
>>

>> You're interested in guys posting to Reddit instead of contacting
>> their congresspeople?
>
> It's possible that posting an intelligent viewpoint in a public forum
> (like Reddit or r.a.tv) can be more effective than adding the millionth
> sympathetic voice-mail to a answering machine's log.

I don't agree but it's still a fair point.