From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What did you watch? 2023-03-30 (Thursday)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:19:28 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:19 UTC

On this day I watched

THE NIGHT AGENT ep4

In this episode they open up with the two Secret Service agents
assigned to protect the VP's daughter coming to an understanding.
The returning from sick leave agent revealing that he had/has a drug
problem but isn't abusing the pain killers now and is tested twice a
week. We also have the art teacher making his move on the daughter as
part of the plot. The FBI agent and his protectee make a trip out to
the one address they were able to find on the hard drive and find an
old woman who it turns out did know the protectee's aunt and uncle and
was helping them with their case, but didn't know what it was about.
They figure out that it has something to do with a particular block
and the metro that passes underneath, but aren't sure why. Then the
protectee finds another video on the hard drive that has a woman
sitting at a coffee shop in that block for hours. Turns out she is the
lead agent protecting the VP's daughter, and so the various stories
begin to come together.

Of course at this point only three people know about this plan outside
of the bad guys and they still haven't been given a description of the
know two bad guys. Which ticks me off as it was the obvious thing to
do. At first it sort of made sense to not let everyone know the
protectee saw the bad guy's face, but once he had seen her with her
looking back at him twice and shot at her each time there was no
excuse for not being forthcoming with that description. Then we add on
when the bad guy was shooting at the FBI agent and still no one was
given a description of these two bad guys (well one guy and one
woman.)

I also finished up THE CONSULTANT, a strange 8 episode series from
Amazon about a consultant who comes into a mobile game studio and then
proceeds to create havoc. While technically a drama about a consultant
helping out a struggling game studio there's much more going on. With
the strange behavior of the consultant and his odd behaviors. Then
there's the way he treats the work force much like play things a bit
like in NEEDFUL THINGS

In this final episode things are brought to a head as the consultant
finishes up his work and we get to see more of the outcome of his
efforts in how it has changed people to the point where some are
willing to commit murder or betray a friend to get what they want. We
also see the proof that one of the strangest things in the show that's
been hinted and talked about is true. Also we get to see signs that
the consultant has moved on to help out another company with the
similar death and destruction following him as he goes.

I also finished up the MARVEL RISING series of cartoons that show a
bunch of teen super heroes coming together to learn to work together
to take out criminals. The show revolves mostly around Miss Marvel and
Squirrel Girl with others joining in like Quake (voiced by Chloe
Bennett) and Ghost Spider.

I also recorded TOP CHEF to watch later and am working through THE ARK
but I'll save that discussion for our SnarkFest.

What did you watch?