I always wake up at the crack of ice. -- Joe E. Lewis

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

SubjectAuthor
* "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"Ubiquitous
`* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fansanim8rfsk
 +* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldUbiquitous
 |`* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fansanim8rfsk
 | `* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldA Friend
 |  +* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fansanim8rfsk
 |  |`* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldA Friend
 |  | +- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying SheDimensional Traveler
 |  | `* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fansanim8rfsk
 |  |  `* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To FansAdam H. Kerman
 |  |   +- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fansanim8rfsk
 |  |   +* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying SheDimensional Traveler
 |  |   |`- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fansanim8rfsk
 |  |   `* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldThe Horny Goat
 |  |    `* Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Oldshawn
 |  |     +- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldBTR1701
 |  |     `- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldThe Horny Goat
 |  `- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "OldUbiquitous
 +- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To FansBTR1701
 `- Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying Shetrotsky

1
"Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<u017bu$8ipc$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180424&group=rec.arts.tv#180424

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 04:30:46 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

�Family Ties� actress Justine Bateman said she doesn�t mind getting older and
can�t understand why fans take issue with it.

The 57-year-old spoke candidly about people reacting to recent photos of her
looking �old.� Bateman said she didn�t realize that �Family Ties� enthusiasts
were so obsessed with her appearance.

�I needed to Google something to do a little research and remind myself of
something that happened when I was famous, so I put in my name, Googled my
name, Justine Bateman, and then the autocomplete came up which was �looks
old,�� the actress said during a recent interview with �60 Minutes
Australia.�

�And I was only 42 at the time � and I was like, �What?� And I looked at the
pictures that they had as evidence and I couldn�t see what they were talking
about,� Bateman added.

When the interviewer asked how the actress felt about aging, she replied, �I
just don�t give a s***. I think I look rad. I think my face represents who I
am. I like it.�

She also couldn�t understand other women being so obsessed with their
appearance.

�I feel sad that they are distracted from the things they�re meant to do in
life, with this consuming idea that they�ve got to fix their face before
anything else can happen,� Bateman went on. �Forget about your face! That is
what I�m saying. Get rid of the fear that your face being wrinkled is going
to ruin a bunch of opportunities for you.�

�Sure, you can do [plastic surgery procedures] � but even with that I would
just � I feel like I would erase not only all my authority that I have now,
but also I like feeling that I�m a different person now than I was when I was
20,� Bateman concluded. �I like looking in the mirror and seeing that
evidence.�

Bateman is the older sister of �Arrested Development� actor Jason Bateman.
She became famous for portraying Mallory Keaton on �Family Ties� and
continued her Hollywood career on TV and film projects, working as a writer,
producer, and director in recent years.

She is married with two children.

The actress�s latest book, �Face: One Square Foot of Skin,� is a collection
of stories from women about the aging process and society�s obsession with
youthful appearances.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<16161909.701786672.519891.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180434&group=rec.arts.tv#180434

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 06:18:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 13:18 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> “Family Ties” actress Justine Bateman said she doesn’t mind getting older and
> can’t understand why fans take issue with it.
>
> The 57-year-old spoke candidly about people reacting to recent photos of her
> looking “old.” Bateman said she didn’t realize that “Family Ties” enthusiasts
> were so obsessed with her appearance.
>
> “I needed to Google something to do a little research and remind myself of
> something that happened when I was famous, so I put in my name, Googled my
> name, Justine Bateman, and then the autocomplete came up which was ‘looks
> old,’” the actress said during a recent interview with “60 Minutes
> Australia.”
>
> “And I was only 42 at the time … and I was like, ‘What?’ And I looked at the
> pictures that they had as evidence and I couldn’t see what they were talking
> about,” Bateman added.
>
> When the interviewer asked how the actress felt about aging, she replied, “I
> just don’t give a s***. I think I look rad. I think my face represents who I
> am. I like it.”
>
> She also couldn’t understand other women being so obsessed with their
> appearance.
>
> “I feel sad that they are distracted from the things they’re meant to do in
> life, with this consuming idea that they’ve got to fix their face before
> anything else can happen,” Bateman went on. “Forget about your face! That is
> what I’m saying. Get rid of the fear that your face being wrinkled is going
> to ruin a bunch of opportunities for you.”
>
> “Sure, you can do [plastic surgery procedures] … but even with that I would
> just … I feel like I would erase not only all my authority that I have now,
> but also I like feeling that I’m a different person now than I was when I was
> 20,” Bateman concluded. “I like looking in the mirror and seeing that
> evidence.”
>
> Bateman is the older sister of “Arrested Development” actor Jason Bateman.
> She became famous for portraying Mallory Keaton on “Family Ties” and
> continued her Hollywood career on TV and film projects, working as a writer,
> producer, and director in recent years.
>
> She is married with two children.
>
> The actress’s latest book, “Face: One Square Foot of Skin,” is a collection
> of stories from women about the aging process and society’s obsession with
> youthful appearances.

She’s looked awful for decades.

She looked shockingly old when she played another Kryptonian on Lois and
Clark, and she was only 30 at the time!

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<NrudndFTtbG4prv5nZ2dnZfqnPSdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180618&group=rec.arts.tv#180618

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 21:45:00 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 01:45 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> She's looked awful for decades.
>
> She looked shockingly old when she played another Kryptonian on Lois
> and Clark, and she was only 30 at the time!

I don't know about "looking old", but she certainly has not aged well:
https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Justine-Bateman-scaled.jpg

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<180634874.701926904.268465.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180635&group=rec.arts.tv#180635

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 20:49:57 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:49 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> She's looked awful for decades.
>>
>> She looked shockingly old when she played another Kryptonian on Lois
>> and Clark, and she was only 30 at the time!
>
> I don't know about "looking old", but she certainly has not aged well:
> https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Justine-Bateman-scaled.jpg

Wonder if she’s a smoker…

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<310320230019066716%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180648&group=rec.arts.tv#180648

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 00:19:06 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 04:19 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> > anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> >
> >> She's looked awful for decades.
> >>
> >> She looked shockingly old when she played another Kryptonian on Lois
> >> and Clark, and she was only 30 at the time!
> >
> > I don't know about "looking old", but she certainly has not aged well:
> > https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Justine-Bateman-scaled.jpg
> >

> Wonder if she¹s a smokerŠ

"Justine Bateman is fiercely independent and infamous for her habit of
chain-smoking."

https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/justine-bateman/

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<361699018.701936121.853253.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180659&group=rec.arts.tv#180659

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:17:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 06:17 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <180634874.701926904.268465.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I don't know about "looking old", but she certainly has not aged well:
>>> https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Justine-Bateman-scaled.jpg
>>>

>> Wonder if she¹s a smokerŠ
>

> "Justine Bateman is fiercely independent and infamous for her habit of
> chain-smoking."
>
> https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/justine-bateman/

Thanks. So it’s not the years, it’s the miles.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<310320230725545297%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180671&group=rec.arts.tv#180671

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 07:25:54 -0400
 by: A Friend - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:25 UTC

In article
<361699018.701936121.853253.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <180634874.701926904.268465.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> Wonder if she1s a smoker?
> >

> > "Justine Bateman is fiercely independent and infamous for her habit of
> > chain-smoking."
> >
> > https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/justine-bateman/
> >

> Thanks. So it¹s not the years, it¹s the miles.

"I'd walk a mile for a Camel."

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<u06gso$1d3el$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180672&group=rec.arts.tv#180672

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She
Looks "Old"
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 04:41:13 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 11:41 UTC

On 3/31/2023 4:25 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <361699018.701936121.853253.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <180634874.701926904.268465.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> "Justine Bateman is fiercely independent and infamous for her habit of
>>> chain-smoking."
>>>
>>> https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/justine-bateman/
>>>

>> Thanks. So it¹s not the years, it¹s the miles.
>

> "I'd walk a mile for a Camel."

But would you be walked on by a Camel for a mile?

dirty old man.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<u04gn3$vbvg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180675&group=rec.arts.tv#180675

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 09:14:37 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:14 UTC

In article <310320230019066716%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> I don't know about "looking old", but she certainly has not aged well:
>>> https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2023/03/Justine-Bateman-scaled.jpg
>>
>> Wonder if she�s a smoker�
>
> "Justine Bateman is fiercely independent and infamous for her habit of chain-smoking."
> https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/justine-bateman/

OOhhh, that explains a LOT!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<1120204197.701979919.505844.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180703&group=rec.arts.tv#180703

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 13:49:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 20:49 UTC

A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
> In article
> <361699018.701936121.853253.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <180634874.701926904.268465.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> "Justine Bateman is fiercely independent and infamous for her habit of
>>> chain-smoking."
>>>
>>> https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/justine-bateman/
>>>

>> Thanks. So it¹s not the years, it¹s the miles.
>

> "I'd walk a mile for a Camel."

Or a camel toe.

Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
she’s on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
underwear on show night.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<u09r1f$20h6b$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180787&group=rec.arts.tv#180787

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:52:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:52 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>. . .

>Or a camel toe.

>Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
>she's on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
>underwear on show night.

Why would she do that and why would she say that?

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<66803031.702071151.365939.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180803&group=rec.arts.tv#180803

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 12:59:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 19:59 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> Or a camel toe.
>
>> Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
>> she's on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
>> underwear on show night.
>
> Why would she do that and why would she say that?

It got me to remember her?

And it gets you to watch the reruns in an entirely different frame of mind.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<u0a9k4$2377h$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180820&group=rec.arts.tv#180820

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Looks "Old"
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 15:01:43 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 22:01 UTC

On 4/1/2023 10:52 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> Or a camel toe.
>
>> Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
>> she's on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
>> underwear on show night.
>
> Why would she do that and why would she say that?

Because she lacks a real sense of "self"? Maybe actors just portray too
many far end of the bell curve characters in too many unreal situations
to remember what reality is anymore.

dirty old man.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<1772078283.702080231.992271.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180828&group=rec.arts.tv#180828

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 15:45:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 22:45 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Or a camel toe.
>>
>>> Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
>>> she's on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
>>> underwear on show night.
>>
>> Why would she do that and why would she say that?
>
> Because she lacks a real sense of "self"? Maybe actors just portray too
> many far end of the bell curve characters in too many unreal situations
> to remember what reality is anymore.

Possible. Maybe she thinks Mallory was naked and Justine wasn’t.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<crvk2i95aj5tjtieepiuq8j98kipt5ncr4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180967&group=rec.arts.tv#180967

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 00:30:27 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 07:30 UTC

On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:52:47 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>>. . .
>
>>Or a camel toe.
>
>>Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
>>she's on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
>>underwear on show night.
>
>Why would she do that and why would she say that?

Because if something untoward happened it could keep the fanbois happy
and posting online for the next decade?

I think she's delusional if she thinks she's likely to have legions of
fanbois on her side the way people like me felt about Kathy Ireland
some 35 years ago but I suppose she can fantasize about the kind of
male attention Monica Belucci (who actually is fairly close to her in
age) gets even today.

(I think that's nuts but both men and women do dream about holding
back Father Time)

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<c72l2ip5viu1m8sqah0n8vnrquma1v5srb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180974&group=rec.arts.tv#180974

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 04:16:25 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 08:16 UTC

On Mon, 03 Apr 2023 00:30:27 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:52:47 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
><ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>>Or a camel toe.
>>
>>>Which reminds me to dispense the obligatory Justine Bateman trivia bit:
>>>she's on record that her good luck charm on Family Ties was to not wear
>>>underwear on show night.
>>
>>Why would she do that and why would she say that?
>
>Because if something untoward happened it could keep the fanbois happy
>and posting online for the next decade?
>
>I think she's delusional if she thinks she's likely to have legions of
>fanbois on her side the way people like me felt about Kathy Ireland
>some 35 years ago but I suppose she can fantasize about the kind of
>male attention Monica Belucci (who actually is fairly close to her in
>age) gets even today.

The difference being the starting point. I think both women look very
much like themselves but older with the difference being that Belucci
started off looking so much better than Bateman that even at 58 years
old she is still a good looking woman. Yes, she has some signs of
aging in the lines of her face but otherwise looks great.

Bateman at 57 shows more signs of aging with stretched skin and more
lines in her face but still looks like the same person. I think the
two women show how a good skin care routine and not smoking can help
fight the effects of aging.

Justine Bateman
https://tinyurl.com/5ab7mph4

Monica Belucci
https://tinyurl.com/4h3tbhwz

>(I think that's nuts but both men and women do dream about holding
>back Father Time)

Sure, but with women there tends to be more of an emphasis on their
looks even from a young age so I get why some will obsess about trying
to regain/retain the young look.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<LL-dnQ68RMy2M7f5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180977&group=rec.arts.tv#180977

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Saying She Looks "Old"
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 10:44:59 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 10:44 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 09:18:11 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> “Family Ties” actress Justine Bateman said she doesn’t mind getting older and
>>> can’t understand why fans take issue with it.
>>>
>>> The 57-year-old spoke candidly about people reacting to recent photos of her
>>> looking “old.” Bateman said she didn’t realize that “Family Ties” enthusiasts
>>> were so obsessed with her appearance.
>>>
>>> “I needed to Google something to do a little research and remind myself of
>>> something that happened when I was famous, so I put in my name, Googled my
>>> name, Justine Bateman, and then the autocomplete came up which was ‘looks
>>> old,’” the actress said during a recent interview with “60 Minutes
>>> Australia.”
>>>
>>> “And I was only 42 at the time … and I was like, ‘What?’ And I looked at the
>>> pictures that they had as evidence and I couldn’t see what they were talking
>>> about,” Bateman added.
>>>
>>> When the interviewer asked how the actress felt about aging, she replied, “I
>>> just don’t give a s***. I think I look rad. I think my face represents who I
>>> am. I like it.”
>>>
>>> She also couldn’t understand other women being so obsessed with their
>>> appearance.
>>>
>>> “I feel sad that they are distracted from the things they’re meant to do in
>>> life, with this consuming idea that they’ve got to fix their face before
>>> anything else can happen,” Bateman went on. “Forget about your face! That is
>>> what I’m saying. Get rid of the fear that your face being wrinkled is going
>>> to ruin a bunch of opportunities for you.”
>>>
>>> “Sure, you can do [plastic surgery procedures] … but even with that I would
>>> just … I feel like I would erase not only all my authority that I have now,
>>> but also I like feeling that I’m a different person now than I was when I was
>>> 20,” Bateman concluded. “I like looking in the mirror and seeing that
>>> evidence.”
>>>
>>> Bateman is the older sister of “Arrested Development” actor Jason Bateman.
>>> She became famous for portraying Mallory Keaton on “Family Ties” and
>>> continued her Hollywood career on TV and film projects, working as a writer,
>>> producer, and director in recent years.
>>>
>>> She is married with two children.
>>>
>>> The actress’s latest book, “Face: One Square Foot of Skin,” is a collection
>>> of stories from women about the aging process and society’s obsession with
>>> youthful appearances.
>> She’s looked awful for decades.
>>
>> She looked shockingly old when she played another Kryptonian on Lois and
>> Clark, and she was only 30 at the time!
>
> Some women do not age well. Mostly blonds (they have thinner skin which wrinkles earlier).

Christie Brinkley says "hold my beer"..

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<LL-dnQm8RMy2M7f5nZ2dnZfqn_oAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=180978&group=rec.arts.tv#180978

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (BTR1701)
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 10:44:59 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 10:44 UTC

> On Mon, 03 Apr 2023 00:30:27 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 1 Apr 2023 17:52:47 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
>> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> Why would she do that and why would she say that?
>>
>> Because if something untoward happened it could keep the fanbois happy
>> and posting online for the next decade?
>>
>> I think she's delusional if she thinks she's likely to have legions of
>> fanbois on her side the way people like me felt about Kathy Ireland
>> some 35 years ago but I suppose she can fantasize about the kind of
>> male attention Monica Belucci (who actually is fairly close to her in
>> age) gets even today.
>
> The difference being the starting point. I think both women look very
> much like themselves but older with the difference being that Belucci
> started off looking so much better than Bateman that even at 58 years
> old she is still a good looking woman. Yes, she has some signs of
> aging in the lines of her face but otherwise looks great.
>
> Bateman at 57 shows more signs of aging with stretched skin and more
> lines in her face but still looks like the same person. I think the
> two women show how a good skin care routine and not smoking can help
> fight the effects of aging.
>
> Justine Bateman
> https://tinyurl.com/5ab7mph4
>
> Monica Belucci
> https://tinyurl.com/4h3tbhwz

Meanwhile, Madonna is just one or two more surgeries away from turning into
the Chatterer cenobite.

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<5p9m2i52lkg4sas2c79v33nrk8757nu667@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181028&group=rec.arts.tv#181028

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 12:24:16 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 19:24 UTC

On Mon, 03 Apr 2023 04:16:25 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>The difference being the starting point. I think both women look very
>much like themselves but older with the difference being that Belucci
>started off looking so much better than Bateman that even at 58 years
>old she is still a good looking woman. Yes, she has some signs of
>aging in the lines of her face but otherwise looks great.
>
>Bateman at 57 shows more signs of aging with stretched skin and more
>lines in her face but still looks like the same person. I think the
>two women show how a good skin care routine and not smoking can help
>fight the effects of aging.

Fair comment - I didn't know Bateman was a chain smoker till a couple
of messages ago.

Looks are mostly a matter of heredity and taking care of oneself
which is mostly avoiding the stupid stuff that every man or woman
should know before they hit 20.

Father Time wounds us all but we should at least do the best we can
and avoid stuff that can't possibly be helpful.

(And of course my late wife who was named Monica hated jokes about her
and Belucci - I only ever told them when I was in a trolling mood with
milady!)

Re: "Family Ties" Actress Justine Bateman Responds To Fans Saying She Looks "Old"

<8lIWL.2317300$GNG9.1749250@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181065&group=rec.arts.tv#181065

Looks "Old"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 17:22:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 3 Apr 2023 22:22 UTC

On 4/3/23 2:40 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 09:18:11 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>>> “Family Ties” actress Justine Bateman said she doesn’t mind getting older and
>>> can’t understand why fans take issue with it.
>>>
>>> The 57-year-old spoke candidly about people reacting to recent photos of her
>>> looking “old.” Bateman said she didn’t realize that “Family Ties” enthusiasts
>>> were so obsessed with her appearance.
>>>
>>> “I needed to Google something to do a little research and remind myself of
>>> something that happened when I was famous, so I put in my name, Googled my
>>> name, Justine Bateman, and then the autocomplete came up which was ‘looks
>>> old,’” the actress said during a recent interview with “60 Minutes
>>> Australia.”
>>>
>>> “And I was only 42 at the time … and I was like, ‘What?’ And I looked at the
>>> pictures that they had as evidence and I couldn’t see what they were talking
>>> about,” Bateman added.
>>>
>>> When the interviewer asked how the actress felt about aging, she replied, “I
>>> just don’t give a s***. I think I look rad. I think my face represents who I
>>> am. I like it.”
>>>
>>> She also couldn’t understand other women being so obsessed with their
>>> appearance.
>>>
>>> “I feel sad that they are distracted from the things they’re meant to do in
>>> life, with this consuming idea that they’ve got to fix their face before
>>> anything else can happen,” Bateman went on. “Forget about your face! That is
>>> what I’m saying. Get rid of the fear that your face being wrinkled is going
>>> to ruin a bunch of opportunities for you.”
>>>
>>> “Sure, you can do [plastic surgery procedures] … but even with that I would
>>> just … I feel like I would erase not only all my authority that I have now,
>>> but also I like feeling that I’m a different person now than I was when I was
>>> 20,” Bateman concluded. “I like looking in the mirror and seeing that
>>> evidence.”
>>>
>>> Bateman is the older sister of “Arrested Development” actor Jason Bateman.
>>> She became famous for portraying Mallory Keaton on “Family Ties” and
>>> continued her Hollywood career on TV and film projects, working as a writer,
>>> producer, and director in recent years.
>>>
>>> She is married with two children.
>>>
>>> The actress’s latest book, “Face: One Square Foot of Skin,” is a collection
>>> of stories from women about the aging process and society’s obsession with
>>> youthful appearances.
>> She’s looked awful for decades.
>>
>> She looked shockingly old when she played another Kryptonian on Lois and
>> Clark, and she was only 30 at the time!
>
> Some women do not age well. Mostly blonds (they have thinner skin which wrinkles earlier).
> More than a few that were attractive in the 80's and 90's LOOK 80 or 90 these days. Nothing can be done
> (at this point) about genetics.

There's an old saying: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." It
sounds like you're too fucking stupid to know what this means though.