Ad astra per aspera. [To the stars by aspiration.]

arts / rec.arts.tv / April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* April 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingEd Stasiak
+- Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
`* Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
 `* Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
  `- Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<1627009256.702613214.020203.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181431&group=rec.arts.tv#181431

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: April 8-14: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 19:22:41 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 02:22 UTC

April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, April 8

Hunger (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Aoy (Chutimon Chuengcharoensukying) runs her family’s local stir-fried
noodles restaurant. Her life is about to change when she decides to join
team HUNGER, led by Chef Paul (Nopachai Jayanama) who introduces her to the
dark sides of the fine-dining industry. Thai film; 2h 10m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61PbLOmyY0

https://www.netflix.com/title/81517155/

Pride: A Seven Deadly Sins Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime
Channel)

The story of Bertie, an aging matriarch and reality television star whose
carefully constructed world starts to crumble–like the baked goods that
catapulted her to fame–when family secrets are brought to light. To see the
truth and salvage her legacy, Bertie must let go of the pride that
estranged her from her late college-dropout daughter. A pride that prevents
Bertie from seeing her son Gabe as the thieving opportunist he is and her
granddaughter Ella as just a lost twenty-something trying to build up her
life after some missteps–not someone to hold in contempt. Pride brought
Bertie up the climb, but it also made her blind–it’s time for her to see or
face the consequences. Stars Keeya King, Stephanie Mills, Thomas Miles,
Lucia Walters, and Jaime M. Callica.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26686716/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/pride-a-seven-deadly-sins-story

The Professional Bridesmaid (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

When a Professional Bridesmaid books a high-profile wedding, she must keep
her true identity a secret, not only from the wedding party but also from
the handsome reporter covering the event. Stars Hunter King and Chandler
Massey.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-professional-bridesmaid

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27010283/

Gospel Superfest 2023 Easter Special (special) (8-9 pm, BET)

The Portable Door (movie) (8-10 pm, MGM+)

Paul Carpenter is an intern at a mysterious London firm with unconventional
employers, including a CEO who wants to disrupt the ancient magical world
with modern corporate practices. Sam Neill, Sophie Wilde, and Christoph
Waltz star in a feature film adaptation of Tom Holt's fantasy novels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOoV3sxjvKM

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11820950/

Totally Weird and Funny [new] (9 and 9:30 pm, two episodes, CW)

Mikalah Gordon, Brian Cooper and Noah Matthews submit weird or funny video
clips in front of a live studio audience. Regular time is 9 pm only, with a
repeat of an earlier episode at 9:30 pm.

https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/shows/totally-weird-and-funny

Sunday, April 9

Southern Gospel (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

When a rock 'n roll star's life comes crashing down, he must fight his past
demons to realize his childhood ambition of becoming a preacher. Stars Emma
Myers, Katelyn Nacon, Max Ehrich and J. Alphonse Nicholson.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11932678/

https://uptv.com/movies/southern-gospel/

The Blessing Bracelet (movie) (7 pm, Hallmark M&M)

As the Easter holiday approaches, a woman rediscovers a blessing bracelet
that helps restore her faith and renew her belief in love. Stars Amanda
Schull and Carlo Marks.

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/the-blessing-bracelet

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27010304/

Giving Hope: The Ni'Cola Mitchell Story (movie) (8 pm,
Lifetime Channel)

Ni’Cola Mitchell, successful author, publisher and speaker, realizes at a
book signing that her calling is to help disadvantaged girls. Ni’Cola
understands what it is like to overcome huge hurdles in life, including a
difficult childhood and a cancer diagnosis, and after putting her own
writing career on hold, she launches Girls Who Brunch, events designed to
make young women feel seen and empowered. With the support of her sister
Nene and daughters Diamond and Destani, she pours everything she has into
the organization, including her own money, and mobilizes volunteers,
coaches and community leaders to help host events. Ni’Cola is named A Woman
of Worth by L’Or al and sponsorship opportunities begin to come in, helping
Girls Who Brunch expand nationally and travel to dozens of cities across
the country, reaching tens of thousands of girls in the process. Stars
Tatyana Ali, Nadine Whiteman Roden, Kudakwashe Rutendo, Mikalah
Reid-Beckette, and Kayla Hutton.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/giving-hope-the-nicola-mitchell-story

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26735466/

https://www.girlswhobrunchtour.com/

Catching Lightning [new] (8-9 pm, Showtime)

A four-part investigative documentary series that examines how “Lightning”
Lee Murray brawled his way from the mean streets of south London all the
way to the UFC – and then nearly pulled off one of the largest bank
robberies in British history. Part ripping heist yarn, part riveting sports
drama, this is one wild ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6hBgDIZS4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Murray

A Grammy Salute to the Beach Boys (special) (8-10 pm, CBS)

https://www.grammy.com/news/grammy-salute-beach-boys-2023-cbs-how-watch

Raven's Home (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, Disney Channel)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQt6mzDQd_g

Monday, April 10

[none]

Tuesday, April 11

Streaming:

Am I Being Unreasonable? [new to US] (12:01 am, Hulu)

Am I Being Unreasonable?" sees Nic (Daisy May Cooper, "This Country")
grieving a loss that she can't share with anyone whilst stuck in a
depressing marriage. Only her son, Ollie (Lenny Rush, "Apple Tree House")
who she adores, keeps her going. But when Jen (Selin Hizli, "Mum") arrives
in town, her life is lit up with laughter and, through this kindred soul,
her dark secret starts to bubble up. The twisted series is written by and
stars Daisy May Cooper and Selin Hizli. From the BBC; six 30-minute
episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1V2vTePlY

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/am-i-being-unreasonable/season-1 [score
78]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15792042/

Leanne Morgan: I'm Every Woman (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/81636889

FBI True (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

FBI TRUE takes viewers behind-the-scenes with real agents telling true
stories of their most dangerous and infamous cases.FBI True goes
behind-the-scenes with real agents telling true stories of their most
compelling, dangerous and infamous cases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoUnHj8Gr7E

Yonder [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

After his wife, Yi-hoo, passes away from an illness, Jae-hyun one day
receives a message from her--an invitation to a world called Yonder, which
was designed based on her memories. Jae-hyun goes to Yonder and reunites
with Yi-hoo. But can they be together forever? Korean series set in the
2040s; six episodes?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22882128/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Efe-LTt5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a2xLRpPpaw [English subs]

Save Me [Goo-hae-jwo] [new to US; complete seasons 1 and 2]
(3:01 am, Paramount+)

A dark religious cult masquerading as a peaceful pastoral church wreaks
havoc on unsuspecting community members. Korean series from 2017 and 2019;
two 16-episode seasons.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7020532/

Signal (older series) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

A cold-case profiler in 2015 and a detective in 1989 work together to solve
a series of related murders spanning three decades using a special
walkie-talkie to communicate with each other. 2016 Korean series also
available on Netflix; 16 episodes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80987077

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5332206/ [8.6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_(South_Korean_TV_series)

Voice [Boiseu] (older series) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

VOICE follows the employees of an emergency call center and dispatch teams
as they try to help victims using only what they hear during their calls
for help. Four seasons (most recently in 2021) have been shown in Korea;
Paramount+ is making available the first two, from 2017 and 2018.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6212854/

Broadcast and cable:

My Grandparents' War (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, PBS)

Follow leading Hollywood actors as they re-trace the footsteps of their
grandparents and learn how World War II changed the lives of their families
- and the world.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/my-grandparents-war/listings/

https://www.pbs.org/show/my-grandparents-war/

The Wall (season 5 premiere) (9 pm, NBC)

Weakest Link (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, NBC)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<1943629625.702616014.143964.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181438&group=rec.arts.tv#181438

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 20:36:13 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 03:36 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 8
>

> Hunger (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Aoy (Chutimon Chuengcharoensukying) runs her family’s local stir-fried
> noodles restaurant. Her life is about to change when she decides to join
> team HUNGER, led by Chef Paul (Nopachai Jayanama) who introduces her to the
> dark sides of the fine-dining industry. Thai film; 2h 10m.

Where are the vampires!?

> The Professional Bridesmaid (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When a Professional Bridesmaid books a high-profile wedding, she must keep
> her true identity a secret, not only from the wedding party but also from
> the handsome reporter covering the event. Stars Hunter King and Chandler
> Massey.

They are advertising the snot out of that, and it looks stupider each time
I see it.

> Gospel Superfest 2023 Easter Special (special) (8-9 pm, BET)

NO!!

> The Portable Door (movie) (8-10 pm, MGM+)
>
> Paul Carpenter is an intern at a mysterious London firm with unconventional
> employers, including a CEO who wants to disrupt the ancient magical world
> with modern corporate practices. Sam Neill, Sophie Wilde, and Christoph
> Waltz star in a feature film adaptation of Tom Holt's fantasy novels.

I might actually watch that except:
(all together now)
NOBODY GETS MGM+!

> Totally Weird and Funny [new] (9 and 9:30 pm, two episodes, CW)

The C dub must die

> Sunday, April 9
>

> Southern Gospel (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

NO!!
And, nobody gets up!

> Raven's Home (season 6 premiere) (8 pm, Disney Channel)

NO!!!

> Monday, April 10
>

> [none]

Gasp!

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Tuesday, April 11
>

> Streaming:
>

> FBI True (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

IAN DOESN’T GET PEE+!

> Yonder [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> After his wife, Yi-hoo, passes away from an illness, Jae-hyun one day
> receives a message from her--an invitation to a world called Yonder, which
> was designed based on her memories. Jae-hyun goes to Yonder and reunites
> with Yi-hoo. But can they be together forever? Korean series set in the
> 2040s; six episodes?

Hmm. Maybe?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> My Grandparents' War (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, PBS)
>
> Follow leading Hollywood actors as they re-trace the footsteps of their
> grandparents and learn how World War II changed the lives of their families
> - and the world.
>
> http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/my-grandparents-war/listings/
>
> https://www.pbs.org/show/my-grandparents-war/
>

> The Wall (season 5 premiere) (9 pm, NBC)
>

> Weakest Link (season 3 premiere) (10 pm, NBC)
>

> *****************************************************************************************
>

> Wednesday, April 12
>

> Streaming:
>

> Rennervations [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Disney+)
>
> “Rennervations,” is an original four-part series that embraces Jeremy
> Renner’s lifelong passion to give back to communities around the world by
> reimagining unique purpose-built vehicles to meet a community’s needs.

May be a peek just from morbid curiosity

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Single Drunk Female (season 2 premiere) (10 and 10:30 pm,
> two episodes, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Samantha Fink has been sober for a year and a half in the second season of
> the comedy series. 10 episodes shown over five weeks.
>
> Though episodes arrive weekly on Freeform,

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Thursday, April 13
>

> Streaming:
>

> Obsession [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> A respected London surgeon's [William, Richard Armitage] affair with his
> son's fiancée [Anna, Charlie Murphy] turns into an erotic infatuation that
> threatens to change their lives forever. Also stars Indira Varma

NO MRS. PUCCI!!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> If I Can't Have You (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Disc jockey Michelle Hall attracts the amorous attentions of an unknown
> demented fan. Meanwhile back at home, her nosy neighbor, Mr. Sklar, seems
> to watch and know her every move and Michelle’s live-in boyfriend, Aiden,
> thinks it’s him. When she receives strange calls and gifts at her door,
> Michelle’s life is turned upside down and wonders who the stalker on her
> block really is. Stars Jackee Harry, Bailey Kai, Gina Hiraizumi, Houston
> Rhines, Tracy Nelson, Michael Pare, and Eric Roberts.

Maybe for Ian?

> Grey's Anatomy (special time) (9 and 10 pm, two episodes,
> ABC)

Never

> Headliners with Rachel Nichols [new] (10 pm, Showtime)
>
> Features sit-down interviews with the most compelling figures in basketball
> and culture, seeking the biggest stories in the game. The host is the
> sports journalist, not the actress.

:(

> Friday, April 14
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Blindspotting (season 2 premiere) (9 and 9:30 pm, two
> episodes, Starz)

Ian: Nobody gets StarZ!!

> (end)

Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<ea423113-55ed-45ac-870b-364bdd773b42n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181460&group=rec.arts.tv#181460

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 08:59:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_April_8-14:_Robin’s_selected_programming
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 15:59 UTC

> anim8rfsk
>
> Rennervations [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> “Rennervations,” is an original four-part series that embraces Jeremy
> Renner’s lifelong passion to give back to communities around the world by
> reimagining unique purpose-built vehicles to meet a community’s needs.

Like... snowcats?

> Friday, April 14
>
> The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This feature film is intended to conclude the story of the British
> historical drama series The Last Kingdom, which ran for five seasons
> through 2022. 1h 51m.

I'll watch the conclusion as the show was decent but it took a serious
nose-dive after the original writer/showrunner was replaced with woke
womyn.

Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<u15a5p$2t3s1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=181847&group=rec.arts.tv#181847

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 20:56:41 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 03:56 UTC

On 2023-04-08 02:22:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 8
>

> Pride: A Seven Deadly Sins Story (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime
> Channel)
>
> The story of Bertie, an aging matriarch and reality television star whose
> carefully constructed world starts to crumble–like the baked goods that
> catapulted her to fame–when family secrets are brought to light.

Skipped!

> The Professional Bridesmaid (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When a Professional Bridesmaid books a high-profile wedding, she must keep
> her true identity a secret, not only from the wedding party but also from
> the handsome reporter covering the event. Stars Hunter King and Chandler
> Massey.

Skipped!
(Though I might have watched this out of morbid curiosity!...)

> The Portable Door (movie) (8-10 pm, MGM+)
>
> Paul Carpenter is an intern at a mysterious London firm with unconventional
> employers, including a CEO who wants to disrupt the ancient magical world
> with modern corporate practices. Sam Neill, Sophie Wilde, and Christoph
> Waltz star in a feature film adaptation of Tom Holt's fantasy novels.

Nobody gets MGM+!!

> Sunday, April 9
>

> Southern Gospel (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When a rock 'n roll star's life comes crashing down, he must fight his past
> demons to realize his childhood ambition of becoming a preacher. Stars Emma
> Myers, Katelyn Nacon, Max Ehrich and J. Alphonse Nicholson.

I actually would have sampled this...

Unfortunately, I have never seen much evidence that UP tv "reruns" its
TV movies much (or ever!)... :(

> The Blessing Bracelet (movie) (7 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> As the Easter holiday approaches, a woman rediscovers a blessing bracelet
> that helps restore her faith and renew her belief in love. Stars Amanda
> Schull and Carlo Marks.

I like Schull, but... she's better than this. :|

> Giving Hope: The Ni'Cola Mitchell Story (movie) (8 pm,
> Lifetime Channel)
>
> Ni’Cola Mitchell, successful author, publisher and speaker, realizes at a
> book signing that her calling is to help disadvantaged girls.

Skipped!!

> Monday, April 10
>

> [none]

Gah!!

("Peak TV" really does seem like it's over! There's still too much TV.
But it's starting to settle down to a more reasonable level...)

> Wednesday, April 12
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Single Drunk Female (season 2 premiere) (10 and 10:30 pm,
> two episodes, Freeform)
>
> Samantha Fink has been sober for a year and a half in the second season of
> the comedy series. 10 episodes shown over five weeks.
>
> Though episodes arrive weekly on Freeform, the entire second season will be
> immediately available to stream on Hulu starting tomorrow. New guest stars
> this season include Molly Ringwald, Busy Phillips, and Ricky Velez.

I don't plan to record this one, this time - I think I will stream it
off Hulu when I want to watch it...

> Thursday, April 13
>

> Streaming:
>

> Florida Man [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Edgar Ramirez plays a down-on-his-luck ex-cop who picks up a gig tracking a
> mobster's runaway girlfriend in his home state of Florida in a
> seven-episode limited series.

As a movie? Maybe. As a series? No.

> Obsession [new; complete limited series] (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> A respected London surgeon's [William, Richard Armitage] affair with his
> son's fiancée [Anna, Charlie Murphy] turns into an erotic infatuation that
> threatens to change their lives forever. Also stars Indira Varma, Pippa
> Bennett-Warner, and Rish Shah. British series; three episodes.

Damn... As a movie? Maybe. As a series? No.
(Though 3 episodes is pretty light...)

> Titans (complete 2nd half of final season 4) (3:01 am, HBO
> Max)

Finally!!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> If I Can't Have You (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Disc jockey Michelle Hall attracts the amorous attentions of an unknown
> demented fan. Meanwhile back at home, her nosy neighbor, Mr. Sklar, seems
> to watch and know her every move and Michelle’s live-in boyfriend, Aiden,
> thinks it’s him. When she receives strange calls and gifts at her door,
> Michelle’s life is turned upside down and wonders who the stalker on her
> block really is. Stars Jackee Harry, Bailey Kai, Gina Hiraizumi, Houston
> Rhines, Tracy Nelson, Michael Pare, and Eric Roberts.

Yes - I will be watching this, though I can't say I am looking forward
to it: this looks like a pure bottom-basement Hybrid offering... :(

> Friday, April 14
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die (movie) (3:01
> am, Netflix)
>
> This feature film is intended to conclude the story of the British
> historical drama series The Last Kingdom, which ran for five seasons
> through 2022. 1h 51m.

Hell, yeah!!

> Weathering (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After losing her baby and nearly her life during labor, a journalist
> unravels amid disturbing visions and chilling attacks as she grieves alone
> at home. Stars Alexis Louder, Alfre Woodard, and Jermaine Fowler. Written
> and directed by Megalyn Echikunwoke.

O.M.G... :o

> Is this really only 20 minutes long?

It's probably still 20 minutes too long!!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> A Nurse To Die For (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> A father hires a live-in nurse to help care for his sick daughter. However,
> as she suffers a series of setbacks, he starts to wonder if the nurse might
> actually be the one keeping her sick. Allison McAtee, Jeremy John Wells,
> Hailey Gray, and Alissa Filoramo star.

At least it seems likely to be better than Thur's LMN flick!

> (end)

Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<u1fogg$2ctq0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182327&group=rec.arts.tv#182327

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 20:02:40 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 03:02 UTC

On 2023-04-08 02:22:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>
> [snip]
>
> (end)

I guess Robin doesn't track Tubi originals? (Which, FTR, is understandable...)

It looks like Tubi released "Blood, Sweat, and Cheer" with Tammin
Sursok and Monroe Cline on Friday, April 14.

Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<2008330416.703348633.761830.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182347&group=rec.arts.tv#182347

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 07:38:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 14:38 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-04-08 02:22:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> (end)
>
> I guess Robin doesn't track Tubi originals? (Which, FTR, is understandable...)
>
> It looks like Tubi released "Blood, Sweat, and Cheer" with Tammin
> Sursok and Monroe Cline on Friday, April 14.

Robin replies:

“I can as one of my source lists Tubi releases. I haven't included Tubi
before because no one wanted Shudder, but Tubi seems to release one movie
each week. I will include it from now on.

Take care,
Robin”

Re: April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming

<u1h2m1$2j6ak$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182348&group=rec.arts.tv#182348

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 08:02:25 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 15:02 UTC

On 2023-04-16 14:38:28 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2023-04-08 02:22:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> April 8-14: Robin’s selected programming
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> (end)
>>
>> I guess Robin doesn't track Tubi originals? (Which, FTR, is understandable...)
>>
>> It looks like Tubi released "Blood, Sweat and Cheer" with Tammin
>> Sursok and Monroe Cline on Friday, April 14.
>
> Robin replies:
>
> “I can as one of my source lists Tubi releases. I haven't included Tubi
> before because no one wanted Shudder, but Tubi seems to release one movie
> each week. I will include it from now on.
>
> Take care,
> Robin”

Honestly, Tubi Originals are only interesting to me every third or
fourth release - a lot of what they do I'm not interested it. It just
happens that "Blood, Sweat and Cheer" is one of the ones I will get
around to watching.

Shudder might be interesting, actually, but I don't think anyone here
subscribes to it, so it would just be extra work of purely academic
value.