Absence makes the heart grow fonder. -- Sextus Aurelius

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreBTR1701
+* Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreAdam H. Kerman
|+* Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreRhino
||`* Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreAdam H. Kerman
|| `* Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreRhino
||  `* Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreAdam H. Kerman
||   `- Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreRhino
|`- Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoreAlan Smithee
`- Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whoretrotsky

1
Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<4BmdnbidGteNZaf5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182230&group=rec.arts.tv#182230

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:16:32 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:16 UTC

On Apr 14, 2023 at 11:13:23 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65281881
>
> Apparently, this is the first case of espionage for attention. Guy wanted
> the
> worship of his "teen" peers. What a loser.

He should have just left the docs scattered around his garage. There's
apparently no consequences for that.

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1euhb$259lk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182233&group=rec.arts.tv#182233

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:39:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:39 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>On Apr 14, 2023 at 11:13:23 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65281881

>>Apparently, this is the first case of espionage for attention. Guy
>>wanted the worship of his "teen" peers. What a loser.

>He should have just left the docs scattered around his garage. There's
>apparently no consequences for that.

PBS NewsHour infuriated me last night 4/14/2023. They had a woman who
kept calling it "hate speech" and "indoctrination" because the 21 year
old and the teenage boys were repeating anti-Semitic memes. She was
implying either that the motivation for the leak was the 21 year old had
been indoctrinated, or he was indoctrinating the boys. It was confusing.

There was no basis for anything she said and the host didn't challenge it.

I'm concerned about property crimes -- vandalism, graffiti, arson -- or
violence against persons in which hatred is a motivating factor. Without
these crimes taking place, or planning the commission of such crimes,
there can be no inferences drawn from trading insults.

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<CIE_L.2039174$iU59.1230840@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182260&group=rec.arts.tv#182260

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 16:31:13 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 21:31 UTC

On 4/15/23 2:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2023 at 11:13:23 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65281881
>>
>> Apparently, this is the first case of espionage for attention. Guy wanted
>> the
>> worship of his "teen" peers. What a loser.
>
> He should have just left the docs scattered around his garage. There's
> apparently no consequences for that.

Hopefully Trump will be prosecuted for espionage too.

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1fi6r$216eq$15@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182304&group=rec.arts.tv#182304

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 21:15:07 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:15 UTC

On 2023-04-15 3:39 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 14, 2023 at 11:13:23 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65281881
>
>>> Apparently, this is the first case of espionage for attention. Guy
>>> wanted the worship of his "teen" peers. What a loser.
>
>> He should have just left the docs scattered around his garage. There's
>> apparently no consequences for that.
>
> PBS NewsHour infuriated me last night 4/14/2023. They had a woman who
> kept calling it "hate speech" and "indoctrination" because the 21 year
> old and the teenage boys were repeating anti-Semitic memes. She was
> implying either that the motivation for the leak was the 21 year old had
> been indoctrinated, or he was indoctrinating the boys. It was confusing.
>
> There was no basis for anything she said and the host didn't challenge it.
>
> I'm concerned about property crimes -- vandalism, graffiti, arson -- or
> violence against persons in which hatred is a motivating factor. Without
> these crimes taking place, or planning the commission of such crimes,
> there can be no inferences drawn from trading insults.

You're not worried about "slippery slopes"? After all, the individual
who is brazen enough to say anti-Semitic things who gets away with it
might feel the urge to "walk the walk" and actually burn down a
synagogue or whatever?

--
Rhino

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1fj0r$2c4af$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182308&group=rec.arts.tv#182308

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:28:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:28 UTC

>On 2023-04-15 3:39 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>He should have just left the docs scattered around his garage. There's
>>>apparently no consequences for that.

>>PBS NewsHour infuriated me last night 4/14/2023. They had a woman who
>>kept calling it "hate speech" and "indoctrination" because the 21 year
>>old and the teenage boys were repeating anti-Semitic memes. She was
>>implying either that the motivation for the leak was the 21 year old had
>>been indoctrinated, or he was indoctrinating the boys. It was confusing.

>>There was no basis for anything she said and the host didn't challenge it.

>>I'm concerned about property crimes -- vandalism, graffiti, arson -- or
>>violence against persons in which hatred is a motivating factor. Without
>>these crimes taking place, or planning the commission of such crimes,
>>there can be no inferences drawn from trading insults.

>You're not worried about "slippery slopes"? After all, the individual
>who is brazen enough to say anti-Semitic things who gets away with it
>might feel the urge to "walk the walk" and actually burn down a
>synagogue or whatever?

I have no ability to predict who will commit a crime in future.

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1fjop$216eq$18@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182311&group=rec.arts.tv#182311

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 21:41:45 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:41 UTC

On 2023-04-15 9:28 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> PBS NewsHour infuriated me last night 4/14/2023. They had a woman who
>>> kept calling it "hate speech" and "indoctrination" because the 21 year
>>> old and the teenage boys were repeating anti-Semitic memes. She was
>>> implying either that the motivation for the leak was the 21 year old had
>>> been indoctrinated, or he was indoctrinating the boys. It was confusing.
>
>>> There was no basis for anything she said and the host didn't challenge it.
>
>>> I'm concerned about property crimes -- vandalism, graffiti, arson -- or
>>> violence against persons in which hatred is a motivating factor. Without
>>> these crimes taking place, or planning the commission of such crimes,
>>> there can be no inferences drawn from trading insults.
>
>> You're not worried about "slippery slopes"? After all, the individual
>> who is brazen enough to say anti-Semitic things who gets away with it
>> might feel the urge to "walk the walk" and actually burn down a
>> synagogue or whatever?
>
> I have no ability to predict who will commit a crime in future.

Fair enough. But doesn't it make you uneasy to think of what such a
person might do?

By the way, you might find this interesting. Apparently there's some new
evidence on the old controversy of whether Hitler was himself 1/4 Jewish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJushCGvuQ [13 minutes]

The presenter is a very well-regarded professional historian, not some
crackpot or David Irving wannabe.

--
Rhino

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1fkd5$2c4af$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182315&group=rec.arts.tv#182315

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:52:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:52 UTC

>On 2023-04-15 9:28 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> You're not worried about "slippery slopes"? After all, the individual
>>> who is brazen enough to say anti-Semitic things who gets away with it
>>> might feel the urge to "walk the walk" and actually burn down a
>>> synagogue or whatever?
>>
>> I have no ability to predict who will commit a crime in future.
>
>Fair enough. But doesn't it make you uneasy to think of what such a
>person might do?

I try not to imagine tragedies.

>By the way, you might find this interesting. Apparently there's some new
>evidence on the old controversy of whether Hitler was himself 1/4 Jewish:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJushCGvuQ [13 minutes]

>The presenter is a very well-regarded professional historian, not some
>crackpot or David Irving wannabe.

Ok. I've heard suggestions like that before.

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1fl6g$216eq$20@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182318&group=rec.arts.tv#182318

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 22:06:08 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 02:06 UTC

On 2023-04-15 9:52 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> I have no ability to predict who will commit a crime in future.
>>
>> Fair enough. But doesn't it make you uneasy to think of what such a
>> person might do?
>
> I try not to imagine tragedies.
>
>> By the way, you might find this interesting. Apparently there's some new
>> evidence on the old controversy of whether Hitler was himself 1/4 Jewish:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpJushCGvuQ [13 minutes]
>
>> The presenter is a very well-regarded professional historian, not some
>> crackpot or David Irving wannabe.
>
> Ok. I've heard suggestions like that before.

That sounds skeptical. Seriously, Felton is the real deal. I've been
watching his videos for years. His channel is staunchly apolitical and
if you read the comments under each and every video, a large percentage
of them say "Wow, I thought I knew pretty much everything about WWII but
I never knew THAT!"

For what it's worth, he doesn't prove or disprove that Hitler had Jewish
blood; he mostly recaps the existing theories/claims, which most of us
have heard, but adds what recent DNA testing has revealed on the
subject. That evidence is probably NOT conclusive as I understand DNA.

--
Rhino

Re: Traitor was a pathetic fame whore

<u1hgou$2la7h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182372&group=rec.arts.tv#182372

From: alm...@last.inc (Alan Smithee)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 16:02:54 -0300
 by: Alan Smithee - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 19:02 UTC

On 04/15/2023 04:39 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 14, 2023 at 11:13:23 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65281881

>>> Apparently, this is the first case of espionage for attention. Guy
>>> wanted the worship of his "teen" peers. What a loser.

>> He should have just left the docs scattered around his garage. There's
>> apparently no consequences for that.

The Bluth's would likely call this a case of "light treason"...