"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile." -- Karl Lehenbauer

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* April 15-21: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+- Re: April 15-21: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
|+- Re: Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
|+- Re: Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
|`* Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
| +* Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programmingshawn
| |+* Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
| ||`- Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| |`- Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
| `- Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programminganim8rfsk
+- Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programmingBTR1701
`- Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

<751289107.703232610.549027.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182171&group=rec.arts.tv#182171

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: April 15-21: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 23:32:28 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 06:32 UTC

April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, April 15

Doctor Cha [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Twenty years after leaving her medical career, a housewife returns as a
first-year resident--struggling to find her footing in a job full of
surprises. Meanwhile, her husband is a doctor who is great at his job and
also great at cheating on his wife. Korean series; 16 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEzj91M7sUA

https://www.netflix.com/title/81682438

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27075857/

The Wedding Cottage (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A wedding guide creator must convince an uninspired artist and owner of a
special wedding cottage to renovate the run down cottage to host a contest
winning couple for their dream wedding. Stars Erin Krakow and Brendan
Penny.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-wedding-cottage

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27010338/

Drunk, Driving, and 17 (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

The story of the tragic consequences of underage drinking and social
hosting, where adults allow their children to host parties with alcohol
with the belief they are safer drinking at home. 17-year-old Kim (Savannah
Lee Smith) is every parent’s dream­she’s an honor student, popular,
responsible, and bound for Stanford. But when she sees her boyfriend Dan
flirting with another girl, Kim makes the worst decision of her life. In
the blink of an eye, Kim wrecks the car, her life, and almost kills a
classmate in a head-on collision. While Kim is responsible for her own
actions, Dan’s parents, Martha and Tim also face scrutiny and liability by
the town and police for allowing alcohol to be served to minors at their
home. Michael Michele co-stars.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/drunk-driving-and-17

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26735920/

Sunday, April 16

Bob's Burgers (special time) (8 pm, Fox)

Chaos on the Farm (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Shaken from the death of her beloved mother, Jessica is forced to visit her
estranged aunt and uncle’s farm to tie up loose ends in her mother’s will.
When she arrives at the farm things seem almost too perfect. But after a
series of strange events, Jessica finds herself discovering dark secrets
about her aunt and uncle. Stars Brook Sill, Jake Busey, Clare Kramer, Billy
Armstrong and Dorian Gregory.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/chaos-on-the-farm

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27460736/

100 Foot Wave (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, HBO)

The second season of the documentary series about big wave surfing spans
follows Garrett McNamara and the other surfers as juggle with the COVID-19
pandemic, family and competing on some of the biggest (and dangerous) waves
in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQDWH0NV7g

Love Is Blind Season 4 Reunion Special (live event) (8 pm
ET/5 pm PT, Netflix)

The Whole Story With Anderson Cooper [new] (8 pm, CNN)

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2023/04/11/the-whole-story-with-anderson-cooper-launches-with-the-trek-a-migrant-trail-to-america-on-sunday-april-16-at-8pm-et-pt/

Family Guy (special time) (9 and 9:30 pm, two episodes, Fox)

Elizabeth Montgomery: A Bewitched Life (special) (9-11 pm,
Reelz)

https://www.reelz.com/show/elizabeth-montgomery-abl/

A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

Barry (final season 4 premiere) (10 and 10:30 pm, two
episodes, HBO)

The latest installment of the Emmy-winning dark comedy Barry will move the
story in a radical new direction following last season's finale, which saw
Bill Hader's titular assassin finally arrested. Season 4 was actually
written in its entirety in 2020 prior to filming season 3, and the latter
was then re-written to fit the overarching storyline. Hader directs all
eight episodes this season after helming a handful over the previous
seasons. The series concludes on May 28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4lf2LKZwoY

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/barry/season-4 [score 91]

Waco: The Aftermath [new] (10 pm, Showtime)

Michael Shannon heads the cast of a five-part series—a sequel to 2018's
Waco, which aired on the Paramount Network (and can now be found on
Paramount+)—covering the fallout from the 1993 Waco standoff, linking that
tragedy to mulitple events over the ensuing decades including the rise of
Timothy McVeigh and the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Also
returning from the prior series are John Leguizamo and Shea Whigham, while
new faces include David Costabile, Gary Cole, Giovanni Ribisi, Sasheer
Zamata, and J. Smith Cameron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYjXrMp_ElM

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/waco-the-aftermath/season-1 [score 53]

Monday, April 17

Para - We Are King [Para - Wir sind King] (complete season 2)
(3:01 am, HBO Max)

Four young women in Berlin are on the verge of adulthood and need to make
life-altering decisions. Will they do the right thing and will their
friendship survive? German series; 6 episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12539222/

That's My Jam (new night) (10 pm, NBC)

Moves from Tuesday night.

Tuesday, April 18

Streaming:

Alex Borstein: Corsets & Clown Suits (variety special)
(12:01 am, Prime Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-BESrRuueE

How to Get Rich [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Money holds power over us--but it doesn't have to. Finance expert Ramit
Sethi works with people across the US to help them achieve their richest
lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlyDIP9jEck

https://www.netflix.com/title/81410436

Longest Third Date (documentary) (3:01 am, Netflix)

When Matt and Khani match on Hinge, sparks fly. So much so that they
spontaneously fly to Costa Rica for their third date--and get stuck as the
world shuts down in March 2020. An extended stay in paradise becomes the
ultimate test of compatibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSJgTiN2o4

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27218658/

https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/longest-third-date-costa-rica-netflix

https://www.netflix.com/title/81456532

Broadcast and cable:

American Auto (season 2 finale) (8:30 pm, NBC)

Wednesday, April 19

Streaming:

Murder in the Red Light [new; complete documentary miniseries]
(12:01 am, Prime Video)

Murder in the Red Light (3 x 45') takes a closer look into the decades of
murder cases where killers have targeted vulnerable sex workers as
potential victims. For many years these murders rarely hit the headlines
and failed to be prioritized by the police. However, in 2006 , this changed
forever when local girls in the British town of Ipswich in Suffolk, began
to go missing. Over the course of two months, five women's bodies were
found, and unceremoniously dumped in remote rural areas. Their deaths
struck fear into the heart of this close-knit community. While families
mourned, it became clear the murders were committed by one man, Steven
Wright who later became known as The Suffolk Strangler. The three episodes
in the series explore the lives of the women themselves, the changing
approach of policing these crimes before and after events in Ipswich, as
well as examining the public and media response.

Algiers, America: The Relentless Pursuit [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

Algiers, America is a five-part documentary that chronicles the journey of
Coach Brice Brown, the Edna Karr Cougars, and their quest for a fifth state
championship in six years. [Edna Karr High School is a public high school
in New Orleans.] Two episodes are released tonight, with single episodes
released over the following three weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbxTXxoc5DE

https://karrathletics.org/

Chimp Empire [new; complete documentary miniseries] (3:01
am, Netflix)

The largest group of chimpanzees ever discovered have built a complex
society deep in the forest of Ngogo, Uganda--but ambition and neighboring
rivals threaten to destabilize their empire. Narrated by Mahershala Ali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjgL7Pumb4Q

https://www.netflix.com/title/81311783

The Marked Heart (Palpito) (complete season 2) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

A man hell-bent on exacting revenge on the organ-trafficking organization
that murdered his wife becomes involved with the woman who received her
heart. Colombian series; season 1 had 14 episodes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81261170

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18974572/

https://moviesr.net/p-the-marked-heart-season-2-gets-trailer-and-release-date-on-netflix

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always (special)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

<839310814.703233253.474771.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182173&group=rec.arts.tv#182173

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 00:09:06 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 07:09 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 15
>

> Doctor Cha [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Season 2: Doctor Cha-Cha.

Season 3: Doctor Cha-Cha Cha!

> Drunk, Driving, and 17 (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Michael Michele co-stars.

She was hot, back in the day

> Sunday, April 16
>

> The Whole Story With Anderson Cooper [new] (8 pm, CNN)

Yeah, right, as if

> Elizabeth Montgomery: A Bewitched Life (special) (9-11 pm,
> Reelz)

Does anybody get REELZ? Or

> A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

Does anybody get MGM+?

> Monday, April 17

> Tuesday, April 18
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:

> Wednesday, April 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Chimp Empire [new; complete documentary miniseries] (3:01
> am, Netflix)
>
> The largest group of chimpanzees ever discovered have built a complex
> society deep in the forest

With David Sobolov as Gorilla Grodd!

> Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always (special)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This 30th anniversary special episode reunites much of the cast of the
> original 1990s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series.

Might be pink Amy for Ian!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Woman with the Giant Stomach (special) (9-10 pm, TLC)
>
> "Ashley's massive, hanging pannus (stomach) impedes her ability to work,
> walk or live anything resembling a normal life. In order to help, Dr Gruber
> will have to perform the most extensive series of awake surgeries in her
> career."
>
> This may or may not be this woman, who is not named Ashley:
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5474669/Morbidly-obese-womans-stomach-nearly-reaches-GROUND.html
>
> RM: Just once [I hope], I let my morbid curiosity get the best of me.

No way in hell am I clicking any of those links?

> The Ark (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (10 pm,
> Syfy)

RENEWED?!?!?!?

> Thursday, April 20
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Diplomat [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Keri Russell plays the new American ambassador to the U.K.—who arrives
> during a major international crisis—in a political drama series set in
> London. Rufus Sewell and Ali Ahn also star. Eight episodes.

Or less if she cuts her hair

> Tooth Pari: When Love Bites [new; complete season 1] (3:01
> am, Netflix)
>
> A rebellious vampire with a broken tooth falls for a shy dentist on the
> streets of Kolkata, but will human and mystical forces keep them apart?
> Indian series; 8 episodes.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bGnIGPTSw
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27191658/
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/81301191

Something for the peach

> Star Trek: Picard (season 3 and series finale) (3:01 am,
> Paramount+)

Thus ends the relentless strive towards mediocrity

> Broadcast and cable:

> Friday, April 21
>

> Streaming:
>

> Dead Ringers [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
> Prime Video)
>
> A gender-swapped, present-day adaptation of David Cronenberg's 1988 film,
> Amazon's Dead Ringers comes from Emmy nominee Alice Birch (Normal People)
> and stars Rachel Weisz as unusually close twin gynecologists Beverly and
> Elliot Mantle. When they're not pushing the boundaries of medical ethics
> while trying to modernize women's health care, you might find them sharing
> drugs, lovers, and more. Poppy Liu, Michael Chernus, Britne Oldford,
> Jennifer Ehle, and Emily Meade also star. Six episodes.

Sounds like they’re going out of their way to screw this up. Why the hell
doesn’t it star Jack and Jill Hennessy?

> Drops of God [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> An eight-episode, live-action adaptation of the best-selling manga series

I keep forgetting to cancel the service

> Ghosted (movie) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Chris Evans and Ana de Armas

Oh, yes
Yes yes yes yes yesity yes yes

> Big Beasts [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

Starring Lake Bell?!?

> Chokehold [Boga Boga] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A couple from Istanbul,

I thought they were from Constantinople?

> Indian Matchmaking (complete season 3) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Are they up to self striking yet?

> Slip [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, The Roku Channel)
>
> Created, produced, and directed by Zoe Lister-Jones, who also stars, Slip
> centers on Mae, a married woman who impulsively has a one-night stand with
> a man she meets at a bar. When she wakes up the next day, she finds herself
> in an alternate universe in which she is married to that new man and not
> her husband. That is just the start of her journey through numerous
> parallel worlds as she attempts to find her way back to her true self.

This isn’t making me want to get Roku any.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: April 15-21: Robin?s selected programming

<f5vk3ittnmk2saj0glfdauemrcd9lfjbau@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182194&group=rec.arts.tv#182194

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: April 15-21: Robin???s selected programming
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 06:39:32 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:39 UTC

On Sat, 15 Apr 2023 00:09:06 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, April 15

>> The Ark (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (10 pm,
>> Syfy)
>
>RENEWED?!?!?!?

For your enjoyment (as you descend into madness.

>*****************************************************************************************
>>

>> Thursday, April 20
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> The Diplomat [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Keri Russell plays the new American ambassador to the U.K.—who arrives
>> during a major international crisis—in a political drama series set in
>> London. Rufus Sewell and Ali Ahn also star. Eight episodes.
>>

>Or less if she cuts her hair
>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Dead Ringers [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
>> Prime Video)
>>
>> A gender-swapped, present-day adaptation of David Cronenberg's 1988 film,
>> Amazon's Dead Ringers comes from Emmy nominee Alice Birch (Normal People)
>> and stars Rachel Weisz as unusually close twin gynecologists Beverly and
>> Elliot Mantle. When they're not pushing the boundaries of medical ethics
>> while trying to modernize women's health care, you might find them sharing
>> drugs, lovers, and more. Poppy Liu, Michael Chernus, Britne Oldford,
>> Jennifer Ehle, and Emily Meade also star. Six episodes.
>
>Sounds like they’re going out of their way to screw this up. Why the hell
>doesn’t it star Jack and Jill Hennessy?

As much as I like Rachel Weisz I can't see a reason for watching this.

>> Drops of God [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> An eight-episode, live-action adaptation of the best-selling manga series
>
>I keep forgetting to cancel the service
>

>> Ghosted (movie) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>>
>> Chris Evans and Ana de Armas
>
>Oh, yes
>Yes yes yes yes yesity yes yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAdCsNtEuBU

Hadn't heard of this but it seems so much better than the remake of
TRUE LIES as a TV series.

>> Chokehold [Boga Boga] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> A couple from Istanbul,
>
>I thought they were from Constantinople?

Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turrrrrks.

Re: Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

<150420230940409204%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182197&group=rec.arts.tv#182197

Subject: Re: Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 09:40:40 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 13:40 UTC

In article
<839310814.703233253.474771.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > Elizabeth Montgomery: A Bewitched Life (special) (9-11 pm,
> > Reelz)
>
> Does anybody get REELZ? Or
>

> > A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)
> >

> Does anybody get MGM+?

I get them both from the local cabler. I must live in some of also-ran
TV paradise.

Re: Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

<150420230943329556%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182198&group=rec.arts.tv#182198

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 09:43:32 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 13:43 UTC

In article
<839310814.703233253.474771.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > The Woman with the Giant Stomach (special) (9-10 pm, TLC)
> >
> > "Ashley's massive, hanging pannus (stomach) impedes her ability to work,
> > walk or live anything resembling a normal life. In order to help, Dr Gruber
> > will have to perform the most extensive series of awake surgeries in her
> > career."
> >
> > This may or may not be this woman, who is not named Ashley:
> >

> > https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5474669/Morbidly-obese-womans-sto
> > mach-nearly-reaches-GROUND.html
> >
> > RM: Just once [I hope], I let my morbid curiosity get the best of me.
> >

> No way in hell am I clicking any of those links?

I did. If you want to see a woman with an enormous gut that almost
drags on the floor in front of her, then that's the picture for you.

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<u1e9sv$22alp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182199&group=rec.arts.tv#182199

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 13:47:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 13:47 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

I've been enjoying this, even though I just saw the Alec Guiness made
for tv adaptation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

>Barry (final season 4 premiere) (10 and 10:30 pm, two
>episodes, HBO)

I enjoy this series but season 3 was weak.

>The latest installment of the Emmy-winning dark comedy Barry will move the
>story in a radical new direction following last season's finale, which saw
>Bill Hader's titular assassin finally arrested. Season 4 was actually
>written in its entirety in 2020 prior to filming season 3, and the latter
>was then re-written to fit the overarching storyline.

Then why was season 3 written?

>Hader directs all
>eight episodes this season after helming a handful over the previous
>seasons. The series concludes on May 28.

He's going to be in almost every scene AND direct? That doesn't work
well.

>The Diplomat [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

>Keri Russell plays the new American ambassador to the U.K.—who arrives
>during a major international crisis—in a political drama series set in
>London. Rufus Sewell and Ali Ahn also star. Eight episodes.

How many people will Philip and Elizabeth murder? Will Felicity cut her
hair? Will it be better than State of Affairs?

>A View To Kill For (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

>After inheriting her estranged father's mansion, photographer Molly and her
>family relocate to the exclusive neighborhood and try to adjust to life as
>part of the 1%. But when a stranger breaks into their new home and leaves a
>warning message splattered on the wall, Molly is soon being run out of town
>by a mysterious threat. Stars Tiffany Montgomery and Samuel Whitten.

How is Tiffany Montgomery not a pr0n star name?

>Dead Ringers [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
>Prime Video)

>A gender-swapped, present-day adaptation of David Cronenberg's 1988 film,
>Amazon's Dead Ringers comes from Emmy nominee Alice Birch (Normal People)
>and stars Rachel Weisz as unusually close twin gynecologists Beverly and
>Elliot Mantle.

Rachel Weisz!

>When they're not pushing the boundaries of medical ethics
>while trying to modernize women's health care, you might find them sharing
>drugs, lovers, and more. Poppy Liu, Michael Chernus, Britne Oldford,
>Jennifer Ehle, and Emily Meade also star. Six episodes.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Definitely! This re-captures Cronenberg, who was absolutely
writing about the state of medical care! Somehow I don't see Rachel
Weisz getting me to subscribe to Prime.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA_XOruRFfU

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12923632/

>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094964/ [1988 film]

>Judy Blume Forever (documentary) (12:01 am, Prime Video)

>The radical honesty of the books by trailblazing author Judy Blume changed
>the way millions of adolescent readers understood themselves, their
>sexuality, and what it meant to grow up, but also led to critical battles
>against book banning and censorship. 1h 37m.

She wrote smutty books about thoughts that no little girl should ever have.

>One More Time (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

>On her 40th birthday, Amelia makes a fateful wish to be 18 again back in
>2002 but soon regrets it when she's stuck reliving the day over and over
>again. Swedish film; 1h 25m.

It's like they'll re-use this plot as many times as we saw iterations on
screen in the movie being ripped off.

>Secrets on Greek Row (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

>Sorority president Kaylee's carefree college life explodes when her
>boyfriend Wally is killed in a bizarre hot tub electrocution accident at a
>party. . . .

Hahahahahaha

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<u1eaoe$22etp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182201&group=rec.arts.tv#182201

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:01:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:01 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

>>Elizabeth Montgomery: A Bewitched Life (special) (9-11 pm,
>>Reelz)

>Does anybody get REELZ? Or

I get REELZ. It's owned by Hubbard but it doesn't seem to be packaged
with anything else. I've never understood why it's on Comcast but they
made a deal with Comcast/NBCU/Peacock to distribute their library via
Peacock streaming.

I've tried to watch their celebrity scandal documentaries a couple of
times but it's just cheaply-produced all clip shows with narration,
avoiding new video as much as possible. Really, a fan can put together
similar content for YouTube and possibly make a better effort.

This is unlikely to be worth watching.

>>A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

>Does anybody get MGM+?

It's just renamed ePix. I enjoyed this a lot. Hey! Damien Lewis may or
may not be doing his natural accent!
>>The Diplomat [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

>>Keri Russell plays the new American ambassador to the U.K.—who arrives
>>during a major international crisis—in a political drama series set in
>>London. Rufus Sewell and Ali Ahn also star. Eight episodes.

>Or less if she cuts her hair

Hey! I did the bonus Philip and Elizabeth joke and threw in State of
Affairs as a Lucky Strike extra.

>>Star Trek: Picard (season 3 and series finale) (3:01 am,
>>Paramount+)

>Thus ends the relentless strive towards mediocrity

Did they reach this destination?
>>Dead Ringers [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
>>Prime Video)

>>A gender-swapped, present-day adaptation of David Cronenberg's 1988 film,
>>Amazon's Dead Ringers comes from Emmy nominee Alice Birch (Normal People)
>>and stars Rachel Weisz as unusually close twin gynecologists Beverly and
>>Elliot Mantle. When they're not pushing the boundaries of medical ethics
>>while trying to modernize women's health care, you might find them sharing
>>drugs, lovers, and more. Poppy Liu, Michael Chernus, Britne Oldford,
>>Jennifer Ehle, and Emily Meade also star. Six episodes.

>Sounds like they'e going out of their way to screw this up. Why the hell
>doesn't it star Jack and Jill Hennessy?

You've whooshed me. Jack?

>>Big Beasts [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)

>Starring Lake Bell?!?

It was the kid who had the pet sea monster in his bathtub.

I read this with an added "r".

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<4acl3i5e4t1voioa6gbamdc2u7i47qlol8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182204&group=rec.arts.tv#182204

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:16:47 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:16 UTC

https://www.alamy.com/jacqueline-hennessy-l-and-twin-sister-jill-hennessy-star-of-nbcs-crossing-jordan-and-formerly-on-the-cast-of-law-and-order-unveil-jills-star-as-she-is-inducted-into-canadas-walk-of-fame-at-a-ceremony-at-the-hummingbird-center-in-toronto-canada-on-june-9-2007-upi-photochristine-chew-image258386920.html

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/actress-jill-hennessy-hugging-twin-sister-jacq-backstage-at-news-photo/50477427

>>>Big Beasts [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
>>Starring Lake Bell?!?
>
>It was the kid who had the pet sea monster in his bathtub.
>
>I read this with an added "r".

Laker Bell?

There's no way you meant BIG TRACTS OF LAND.

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<u1ec1v$22kcm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182207&group=rec.arts.tv#182207

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:23:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:23 UTC

>Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:01:50 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Sounds like they'e going out of their way to screw this up. Why the hell
>>>doesn't it star Jack and Jill Hennessy?

>>You've whooshed me. Jack?

>https://www.alamy.com/jacqueline-hennessy-l-and-twin-sister-jill-hennessy-star-of-nbcs-crossing-jordan-and-formerly-on-the-cast-of-law-and-order-unveil-jills-star-as-she-is-inducted-into-canadas-walk-of-fame-at-a-ceremony-at-the-hummingbird-center-in-toronto-canada-on-june-9-2007-upi-photochristine-chew-image258386920.html

>https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/actress-jill-hennessy-hugging-twin-sister-jacq-backstage-at-news-photo/50477427

I had no idea there were two of them. Thanks

>>>Starring Lake Bell?!?

>>It was the kid who had the pet sea monster in his bathtub.

>>I read this with an added "r".

>Laker Bell?

>There's no way you meant BIG TRACTS OF LAND.

Grand Tetons

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<1513844979.703270072.187857.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182222&group=rec.arts.tv#182222

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:08:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 17:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> April 15-21: Robin's selected programming
>
>>> Elizabeth Montgomery: A Bewitched Life (special) (9-11 pm,
>>> Reelz)
>
>> Does anybody get REELZ? Or
>
> I get REELZ. It's owned by Hubbard but it doesn't seem to be packaged
> with anything else. I've never understood why it's on Comcast but they
> made a deal with Comcast/NBCU/Peacock to distribute their library via
> Peacock streaming.
>
> I've tried to watch their celebrity scandal documentaries a couple of
> times but it's just cheaply-produced all clip shows with narration,
> avoiding new video as much as possible. Really, a fan can put together
> similar content for YouTube and possibly make a better effort.
>
> This is unlikely to be worth watching.
>
>>> A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)
>
>> Does anybody get MGM+?
>
> It's just renamed ePix. I enjoyed this a lot. Hey! Damien Lewis may or
> may not be doing his natural accent!

It looks like the Epix app on my phone turned into a MGM but I don’t
actually get it on the DVR.

>>> The Diplomat [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
>>> Keri Russell plays the new American ambassador to the U.K.—who arrives
>>> during a major international crisis—in a political drama series set in
>>> London. Rufus Sewell and Ali Ahn also star. Eight episodes.
>
>> Or less if she cuts her hair
>
> Hey! I did the bonus Philip and Elizabeth joke and threw in State of
> Affairs as a Lucky Strike extra.

At least state of affairs was better than Madam Secretary.

>>> Star Trek: Picard (season 3 and series finale) (3:01 am,
>>> Paramount+)
>
>> Thus ends the relentless strive towards mediocrity
>
> Did they reach this destination?

Not yet, but they have a week to go.

>>> Dead Ringers [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
>>> Prime Video)
>
>>> A gender-swapped, present-day adaptation of David Cronenberg's 1988 film,
>>> Amazon's Dead Ringers comes from Emmy nominee Alice Birch (Normal People)
>>> and stars Rachel Weisz as unusually close twin gynecologists Beverly and
>>> Elliot Mantle. When they're not pushing the boundaries of medical ethics
>>> while trying to modernize women's health care, you might find them sharing
>>> drugs, lovers, and more. Poppy Liu, Michael Chernus, Britne Oldford,
>>> Jennifer Ehle, and Emily Meade also star. Six episodes.
>
>> Sounds like they'e going out of their way to screw this up. Why the hell
>> doesn't it star Jack and Jill Hennessy?
>
> You've whooshed me. Jack?

Jill Hennessy (best known for Law & order), and her twin sister Jacqueline
were in dead ringers. Think how perfect they would be for the lead of now
female, twin doctors in a remake of the film they started out in.

Bonus trivia: Jack played Claire on law and order when Jill was in
Baltimore filming homicide life on the street.

>>> Big Beasts [new] (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
>> Starring Lake Bell?!?
>
> It was the kid who had the pet sea monster in his bathtub.
>
> I read this with an added "r".

Yep

Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

<zDSdnRvCqu_RY6f5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182234&group=rec.arts.tv#182234

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:43:08 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:43 UTC

On Apr 14, 2023 at 11:32:28 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

> 100 Foot Wave (season 2 premiere) (8 pm, HBO)
>
> The second season of the documentary series about big wave surfing spans
> follows Garrett McNamara and the other surfers as juggle with the COVID-19
> pandemic, family and competing on some of the biggest (and dangerous) waves
> in the world.

This sort of thing fascinates me. I just happened to be in Santa Rosa visiting
my cousin a few years ago when I heard on the news that the big waves were up
at Mavericks and all the super surfers were converging to ride them, so we
drove down to Half Moon Bay and stood on the bluffs in the 40-degree weather
with the wind blowing so hard we could barely stand up and watched these
monsters roll in one after another and these tiny little people sliding down
the front of them on surfboards.

Incredible.

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<1953796044.703270564.352377.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182279&group=rec.arts.tv#182279

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:08:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 17:08 UTC

> On Sat, 15 Apr 2023 14:01:50 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Thus ends the relentless strive towards mediocrity
>>
>> Did they reach this destination?

>>> Sounds like they'e going out of their way to screw this up. Why the hell
>>> doesn't it star Jack and Jill Hennessy?
>>
>> You've whooshed me. Jack?
>
> https://www.alamy.com/jacqueline-hennessy-l-and-twin-sister-jill-hennessy-star-of-nbcs-crossing-jordan-and-formerly-on-the-cast-of-law-and-order-unveil-jills-star-as-she-is-inducted-into-canadas-walk-of-fame-at-a-ceremony-at-the-hummingbird-center-in-toronto-canada-on-june-9-2007-upi-photochristine-chew-image258386920.html
>
> https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/actress-jill-hennessy-hugging-twin-sister-jacq-backstage-at-news-photo/50477427

>>> Starring Lake Bell?!?
>>
>> It was the kid who had the pet sea monster in his bathtub.
>>
>> I read this with an added "r".
>
> Laker Bell?
>

> There's no way you meant BIG TRACTS OF LAND.

He meant BRIG BEASTS you silly person you.

Re: April 15-21: Robin's selected programming

<277665231.703270649.858831.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182280&group=rec.arts.tv#182280

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 10:08:19 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 17:08 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> You've whooshed me. Jack?
>
>> https://www.alamy.com/jacqueline-hennessy-l-and-twin-sister-jill-hennessy-star-of-nbcs-crossing-jordan-and-formerly-on-the-cast-of-law-and-order-unveil-jills-star-as-she-is-inducted-into-canadas-walk-of-fame-at-a-ceremony-at-the-hummingbird-center-in-toronto-canada-on-june-9-2007-upi-photochristine-chew-image258386920.html
>
>> https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/actress-jill-hennessy-hugging-twin-sister-jacq-backstage-at-news-photo/50477427
>
> I had no idea there were two of them. Thanks

>>> It was the kid who had the pet sea monster in his bathtub.
>
>>> I read this with an added "r".
>
>> Laker Bell?
>
>> There's no way you meant BIG TRACTS OF LAND.
>
> Grand Tetons

Grand indeed. And we barely scratched the surface.

Re: April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming

<u1fln6$2chat$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182321&group=rec.arts.tv#182321

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 19:15:02 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 02:15 UTC

On 2023-04-15 06:32:28 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> April 15-21: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 15
>

> The Wedding Cottage (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> A wedding guide creator must convince an uninspired artist and owner of a
> special wedding cottage to renovate the run down cottage to host a contest
> winning couple for their dream wedding. Stars Erin Krakow and Brendan
> Penny.

Zzzzzz....

> Drunk, Driving, and 17 (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> The story of the tragic consequences of underage drinking and social
> hosting, where adults allow their children to host parties with alcohol
> with the belief they are safer drinking at home. 17-year-old Kim (Savannah
> Lee Smith) is every parent’s dream­she’s an honor student, popular,
> responsible, and bound for Stanford. But when she sees her boyfriend Dan
> flirting with another girl, Kim makes the worst decision of her life. In
> the blink of an eye, Kim wrecks the car, her life, and almost kills a
> classmate in a head-on collision. While Kim is responsible for her own
> actions, Dan’s parents, Martha and Tim also face scrutiny and liability by
> the town and police for allowing alcohol to be served to minors at their
> home. Michael Michele co-stars.

I guess I'll watch this. At the least, hopefully Michael Michele gets
taken down at the end!!

> Sunday, April 16
>

> Chaos on the Farm (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Shaken from the death of her beloved mother, Jessica is forced to visit her
> estranged aunt and uncle’s farm to tie up loose ends in her mother’s will.
> When she arrives at the farm things seem almost too perfect. But after a
> series of strange events, Jessica finds herself discovering dark secrets
> about her aunt and uncle. Stars Brook Sill, Jake Busey, Clare Kramer, Billy
> Armstrong and Dorian Gregory.

Huh - I think this is the first Lifetime movie with Kramer in at least
3-4 years...

I will try to check this out.

> A Spy Among Friends (limited series finale) (9 pm, MGM+)

Nobody gets MGM+!!

> Waco: The Aftermath [new] (10 pm, Showtime)

No interest in this.

> Tuesday, April 18
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> American Auto (season 2 finale) (8:30 pm, NBC)

I'm very curious to see if this gets renewed.
Also, has anyone watched this? Is it funny?!

> Wednesday, April 19
>

> Streaming:
>

> Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always (special)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> This 30th anniversary special episode reunites much of the cast of the
> original 1990s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series.

I have mixed feelings about this...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Pretty Stoned (movie) (8 pm, MTV)
>
> Set in Atlanta, the comedy follows two dueling co-workers: one a total
> stoner with no commitment to her job and the other a type-A high-achiever
> focused on her career. The two women must join forces when they find
> themselves sky-high in a boatload of trouble after one of them disposes of
> $20,000 worth of pot from a drug Queen Pin and her henchwomen.

Yikes! - Poor Paris Berelc! :(

> The Ark (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (10 pm,
> Syfy)

Alls I knows is... I BEAT ROBIN!!!!! :) :) :)

I do hope they wrap up Ark 15 here, though...

> Thursday, April 20
>

> Streaming:
>

> Quasi (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A spoof of the Quasimodo story from the Broken Lizard comedy troupe.

I'm sure it will be HIGH-larious... [roll]

> The Diplomat [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Keri Russell plays the new American ambassador to the U.K.—who arrives
> during a major international crisis—in a political drama series set in
> London. Rufus Sewell and Ali Ahn also star. Eight episodes.

I like Sewell, but...

> Mrs. Davis [new] (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> The latest sci-fi-tinged drama from Damon Lindelof—here teaming with The
> Big Bang Theory writer Tara Hernandez, with the latter serving as
> showrunner and injecting quite a bit of humor into the series—showcases a
> battle of faith vs. technology as a nun (GLOW's Betty Gilpin) takes on a
> pervasive and powerful artificial intelligence (the titular Mrs. Davis).
> Jake McDorman, Margo Martindale, Chris Diamantopoulos, Ben Chaplin, Andy
> McQueen, Katja Herbers, and David Arquette also star. The first four (of 8)
> episodes stream today, with the remainder released weekly through May 18.

If only it wasn't from Lindelof!! :(

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Danger Force (season 3 premiere) (7 pm, Nickelodeon)

Can't believe this one has lasted this long - it was never anywhere
near as good as "Henry Danger".

> Erin & Aaron [new] (7:30 and 8 pm, two episodes.
> Nickelodeon)
>
> A multi-camera comedy about a newly-blended family and two polar opposite
> stepsiblings named Erin and Aaron who come together through music. 13
> episodes. Regular time is 7:30 pm only.

Oh, Nick - Keep on being... *you*.

> A View To Kill For (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> After inheriting her estranged father’s mansion, photographer Molly and her
> family relocate to the exclusive neighborhood and try to adjust to life as
> part of the 1%. But when a stranger breaks into their new home and leaves a
> warning message splattered on the wall, Molly is soon being run out of town
> by a mysterious threat. Stars Tiffany Montgomery and Samuel Whitten.

Will watch this.

> Friday, April 21
>

> Streaming:
>

> Dead Ringers [new; complete limited series] (12:01 am,
> Prime Video)
>
> A gender-swapped, present-day adaptation of David Cronenberg's 1988 film,
> Amazon's Dead Ringers comes from Emmy nominee Alice Birch (Normal People)
> and stars Rachel Weisz as unusually close twin gynecologists Beverly and
> Elliot Mantle. When they're not pushing the boundaries of medical ethics
> while trying to modernize women's health care, you might find them sharing
> drugs, lovers, and more. Poppy Liu, Michael Chernus, Britne Oldford,
> Jennifer Ehle, and Emily Meade also star. Six episodes.

I like Weisz (and Ehle and Meade), but this really sounds like a tough
sell with me.

> Ghosted (movie) (12:01 am, Apple TV+)
>
> Chris Evans and Ana de Armas head the cast for Apple's international spy
> action-adventure-romance directed by Dexter Fletcher (Rocketman, Bohemian
> Rhapsody). Adrian Brody, Amy Sedaris, Tate Donovan, and Tim Blake Nelson
> also star. 1h 56m.

And Apple TV+ is going to manage to get me to watch something else!!

> A Tourist's Guide to Love (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After an unexpected breakup, a travel executive (Rachael Leigh Cook)
> accepts an assignment to go undercover and learn about the tourist industry
> in Vietnam. Along the way she finds adventure and romance with her
> Vietnamese expat tour guide when they decide to reroute the tour bus in
> order to explore life and love off the beaten path. 1h 34m.

Did Netflix hire her away from Hallmark?!

> Slip [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, The Roku Channel)
>
> Created, produced, and directed by Zoe Lister-Jones, who also stars, Slip
> centers on Mae, a married woman who impulsively has a one-night stand with
> a man she meets at a bar. When she wakes up the next day, she finds herself
> in an alternate universe in which she is married to that new man and not
> her husband. That is just the start of her journey through numerous
> parallel worlds as she attempts to find her way back to her true self.

OK, 1) Nobody gets Roku Channel!

2) This is a fine concept for a movie, but likely a lousy concept for a
TV series.

> SUGA: Road to D-DAY (documentary) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Follows BTS star SUGA as he travels across the globe in search of musical
> inspiration for his next album D-DAY, from Seoul to Tokyo, Las Vegas, and
> beyond.

I'd rather blow my brains out... :|