Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 20:31:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: To every thing there is a season
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 03:31 UTC

The Fourth Turning: What past generations can teach us about our future
Jul 1, 2022 Tony Robbins Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX1Csk2vn5A

There’s no denying that you and I are part of a significant inflection point in human history. We are living in interesting times. In this video you will see a 2022 conversation in front of a small audience with historian and demographer, Neil Howe, as we discuss: the patterns of human history, a long-view perspective on the current charge of events, and, most importantly, hope for our future.

If you’ve been with me before, you’ve heard me say that ANTICIPATION IS POWER and PATTERN RECOGNITION is a huge key to intelligent decision making. Neil Howe’s theory is all about the patterns of the past and what they suggest we can anticipate in the future.

Howe and his co-author William Strauss wrote two extremely impactful books – Generations (published in 1991) and The Fourth Turning (published in 1997).

Strauss and Howe theory considers the 4-stage cycle that repeats every 80-100 years (approximately the length of a human life, also referred to as a saeculum).

Their books suggest four turnings of history:
1. A High
2. An Awakening
3. An Unravelling
4. (Culminating in) A Crisis

If you’re feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or uncertain about all that’s happening in the world, consider that a cycle of crisis predictably includes massive economic, cultural, political, religious, military, and broad institutional disruption. What can be helpful to remember in these times is that no storm lasts forever, and this too shall pass. Watch the video for Neil’s insights and predictions on how much longer this Fourth Turning will last.