From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Florida Man
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 17:39:13 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 21:39 UTC

I just watched the first episode of a new Netflix series, Florida Man,
and want to recommend it. I plan to keep watching; in fact, it feels
rather bingeable so far.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14509130/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It appears to be a mini-series rather than an ongoing series. There are
7 one hour episodes.

The premise is that an ex-cop named Mike Valentine who is a reformed
gambler is working off a significant debt to a Philly mobster known as
Moss as a leg-breaker when the mobster's girlfriend, Delly, disappears.
The ex-cop and the girlfriend had been seeing each other secretly, which
both were careful to keep from the mobster for fear of their lives. The
mobster assigns Valentine to use his cop skills to find Delly and
Valentine agrees, in exchange for erasing his debt to the mobster. The
trail of Delly soon leads to Florida, Valentine's home state, and even
his home town, of Coronado Beach. Valentine is reluctant to go there for
reasons which aren't immediately clear but really wants to clear the
gambling debt so goes despite his reservations. While there, we learn
about his family, especially his father, a corrupt ex-chief of police,
played by Anthony LaPaglia, the only actor in this show I've ever seen
before. Valentine soon gets on Delly's trail and follows her to a cabin
with another guy. Before he can get a closer look, shots ring out and he
finds her dead in the bed. But things are not what they seem. According
to the summary in IMDB, a seemingly simple task of bringing Delly back
to the mobster, Moss, turns into a roller coaster ride. The ending of
the first episode foreshadows the roller coaster rather well but I won't
say how.

I like the style of the first episode. It looks like it's going to have
a lot of surprises, which I really like in a series.

--
Rhino

Re: Florida Man

<u1jkqj$3e1cf$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182497&group=rec.arts.tv#182497

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Florida Man
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 07:24:19 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 14:24 UTC

On 4/17/2023 4:22 AM, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 17:39:13 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> I just watched the first episode of a new Netflix series, Florida Man,
>> and want to recommend it. I plan to keep watching; in fact, it feels
>> rather bingeable so far.
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14509130/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
>>
>> It appears to be a mini-series rather than an ongoing series. There are
>> 7 one hour episodes.
>>
>> The premise is that an ex-cop named Mike Valentine who is a reformed
>> gambler is working off a significant debt to a Philly mobster known as
>> Moss as a leg-breaker when the mobster's girlfriend, Delly, disappears.
>> The ex-cop and the girlfriend had been seeing each other secretly, which
>> both were careful to keep from the mobster for fear of their lives. The
>> mobster assigns Valentine to use his cop skills to find Delly and
>> Valentine agrees, in exchange for erasing his debt to the mobster. The
>> trail of Delly soon leads to Florida, Valentine's home state, and even
>> his home town, of Coronado Beach. Valentine is reluctant to go there for
>> reasons which aren't immediately clear but really wants to clear the
>> gambling debt so goes despite his reservations. While there, we learn
>> about his family, especially his father, a corrupt ex-chief of police,
>> played by Anthony LaPaglia, the only actor in this show I've ever seen
>> before. Valentine soon gets on Delly's trail and follows her to a cabin
>> with another guy. Before he can get a closer look, shots ring out and he
>> finds her dead in the bed. But things are not what they seem. According
>> to the summary in IMDB, a seemingly simple task of bringing Delly back
>> to the mobster, Moss, turns into a roller coaster ride. The ending of
>> the first episode foreshadows the roller coaster rather well but I won't
>> say how.
>>
>> I like the style of the first episode. It looks like it's going to have
>> a lot of surprises, which I really like in a series.
>
> Sounds like a winner. Thanks.

I gave it about 15 minutes and decided it's not for me.

Re: Florida Man

<3hj%L.2475743$GNG9.1944104@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182539&group=rec.arts.tv#182539

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 16:57:18 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 17 Apr 2023 21:57 UTC

On 4/17/23 9:24 AM, suzeeq wrote:
> On 4/17/2023 4:22 AM, TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Apr 2023 17:39:13 -0400, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just watched the first episode of a new Netflix series, Florida Man,
>>> and want to recommend it. I plan to keep watching; in fact, it feels
>>> rather bingeable so far.
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14509130/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
>>>
>>> It appears to be a mini-series rather than an ongoing series. There are
>>> 7 one hour episodes.
>>>
>>> The premise is that an ex-cop named Mike Valentine who is a reformed
>>> gambler is working off a significant debt to a Philly mobster known as
>>> Moss as a leg-breaker when the mobster's girlfriend, Delly, disappears.
>>> The ex-cop and the girlfriend had been seeing each other secretly, which
>>> both were careful to keep from the mobster for fear of their lives. The
>>> mobster assigns Valentine to use his cop skills to find Delly and
>>> Valentine agrees, in exchange for erasing his debt to the mobster. The
>>> trail of Delly soon leads to Florida, Valentine's home state, and even
>>> his home town, of Coronado Beach. Valentine is reluctant to go there for
>>> reasons which aren't immediately clear but really wants to clear the
>>> gambling debt so goes despite his reservations. While there, we learn
>>> about his family, especially his father, a corrupt ex-chief of police,
>>> played by Anthony LaPaglia, the only actor in this show I've ever seen
>>> before. Valentine soon gets on Delly's trail and follows her to a cabin
>>> with another guy. Before he can get a closer look, shots ring out and he
>>> finds her dead in the bed. But things are not what they seem. According
>>> to the summary in IMDB, a seemingly simple task of bringing Delly back
>>> to the mobster, Moss, turns into a roller coaster ride. The ending of
>>> the first episode foreshadows the roller coaster rather well but I won't
>>> say how.
>>>
>>> I like the style of the first episode. It looks like it's going to have
>>> a lot of surprises, which I really like in a series.
>>
>> Sounds like a winner. Thanks.
>>

> I gave it about 15 minutes and decided it's not for me.

Sounds like a loser, thanks.

Re: Florida Man

<msaq3i18pq9l3260k174h1afl1us56ospk@4ax.com>

  copy mid