Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2023-04-14 (Friday)
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 04:30:40 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 09:30 UTC

I watched

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
"Why MrBeast's YouTube Channel Is No Longer Child-Friendly".
MrBeast is coming under fire for his taste in sidekicks. Jack Teixeira,
the alleged leaker of U.S. classified documents, told the members of an
invitation-only Discord server that the government hides �horrible
truths� from the public. Democratic state Rep. Justin Jones of
Tennessee was reinstated to his position Monday after being expelled
last week over his involvement in what Tennessee House Speaker Cameron
Sexton described as an �insurrection.� Shocking footage from 2020,
showing Justin Jones allegedly assaulting drivers who were on the
streets during BLM protests, has emerged this week. President Biden�s
son, Hunter Biden, was invited to accompany his dad and aunt to Ireland
this week � despite continued scrutiny by congressional committees
investigating the Biden family�s foreign business dealings.
https://youtu.be/ozqEqHShUNI

THE UNXPLAINED:
"Curses Unleashed". Throughout history, every major civilization has
believed in curses, and their power to inflict harm on the
unsuspecting. Today, many people are still afraid of walking into a
cursed place or touching a reportedly-cursed object. It is discussed
what brings curses into existence and how they are triggered.

DARK SHADOWS:
(703). 1897 time period. Barnabas introduces himself at Collinwood.
Quentin holds him at sword point.

DARK SHADOWS :
(704). 1897 time period. Barnabas gets permission to live in the Old
House then he asks Beth about the children. Quentin demands that Edith
tell him the family secret.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-04-14 (Friday)

<u1ek69$23pe3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=182220&group=rec.arts.tv#182220

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2023-04-14 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 09:42:49 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 15 Apr 2023 16:42 UTC

On 2023-04-15 09:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

Had an afternoon meeting yesterday, so not much:

The Blacklist (recorded) - "The Dockery Affair" (ep. #10.5). WTF?!
This was pretty much a completely pointless episode! - It barely had
Red, and wasn't even about a "Blacklister"?!!
Purely as a "favor to a friend", Red has the taskforce look into the
murder of a judge - a mob boss's son has been fingered for the killing,
but Red's flunky/friend doesn't buy it - and sure enough they got the
wrong killer. This ends up leading to a serial killer!
P-TUI!! [spitting]
Meanwhile, they want us to think that Wujing has successfully
"turned" Robert Vesco, but I'm about 100% certain that Red and Vesco
are pulling a "long con" on Wujing.

A Nurse to Die For (Lifetime) - This was OK... until the ending, which
I really thought let everybody down.
Allison McAtee is back! - After doing a bunch of Lifetime movies, it
seemed to me that McAtee hadn't done one in a couple of years - and, in
checking IMDb, it's been exactly two years!
McAtee plays the "nurse" of a sick young girl (with sickle cell?...
I'm not sure what it was). Jeremy John Wells plays the girls widower
father. But, as is usual for these things, McAtee is imposter-ish here,
misrepresenting her credentials.
It was unclear at first here where McAtee's character was on a
mission of Revenge! REVENGE!! or whether she wanted the father all to
herself.
The ending really let this down - after spending all movie
establishing McAtee's motivations, the ending basically just throws all
that away and gives McAtee's character a really underserving fate.
It's been a while since I've seen a Lifetime flick spend so much
time setting something up just to basically throw that away with the
ending.