For people who like that kind of book, that is the kind of book they will like.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

SubjectAuthor
* Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationmoviePig
|`- Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationtrotsky
+- Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationIrish Mike
+* Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationanim8rfsk
|+- Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationtrotsky
|+- Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationtrotsky
|`* Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationmoviePig
| `- Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationtrotsky
`- Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontationThe Horny Goat

1
Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<u21m8t$3erot$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183172&group=rec.arts.tv#183172

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:14:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:14 UTC

How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.

A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.

The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.

The first man was charged with first-degree murder.

What's the appropriate charge here?

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<OiZ0M.2713814$GNG9.915375@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183175&group=rec.arts.tv#183175

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 18:35:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:35 UTC

On 4/22/2023 6:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
> record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.
>
> A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
> that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
> man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
> time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.
>
> The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.
>
> The first man was charged with first-degree murder.
>
> What's the appropriate charge here?

Opening the victim's door is premeditation.

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<d5cb3462-64dd-4fd8-9820-fab109e07c6cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183184&group=rec.arts.tv#183184

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:25:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:25 UTC

On Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 6:14:58 PM UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
> record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.
>
> A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
> that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
> man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
> time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.
>
> The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.
>
> The first man was charged with first-degree murder.
>
> What's the appropriate charge here?

In your world Kermit, there are never any justifiable charges.

Irish Mike

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<1063739928.703899307.917610.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183186&group=rec.arts.tv#183186

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:42:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:42 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
> record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.
>
> A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
> that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
> man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
> time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.
>
> The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.
>
> The first man was charged with first-degree murder.
>
> What's the appropriate charge here?

There are no appropriate charges. You should have every right to kill
someone damaging your property. And then you should be able to sue them or
their estate for the damages.

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<%j91M.1515634$gGD7.58477@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183208&group=rec.arts.tv#183208

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 07:15:55 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 12:15 UTC

On 4/22/23 5:35 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/22/2023 6:14 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
>> record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.
>>
>> A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
>> that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
>> man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
>> time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.
>>
>> The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.
>>
>> The first man was charged with first-degree murder.
>>
>> What's the appropriate charge here?
>
> Opening the victim's door is premeditation.

The appropriate charge is calling Verman an idiot. As usual.

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<%J91M.312529$0dpc.303866@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183213&group=rec.arts.tv#183213

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 07:43:38 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 12:43 UTC

On 4/22/23 6:42 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> And then you should be able to sue them or
> their estate for the damages.

Well I guess we already knew Anim8r was totally and completely fucked in
the head so we didn't need more proof.

> -- The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<7M91M.312530$0dpc.267881@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183214&group=rec.arts.tv#183214

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 07:45:55 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 12:45 UTC

On 4/22/23 6:42 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> You should have every right to kill
> someone damaging your property. And then you should be able to sue them or
> their estate for the damages.

I guess w e already knew Anim8r was fucked in the head so we didn't need
more evidence.

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<388c4i1esnh1k13qcq0aiorv0tgqc4dh8l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183313&group=rec.arts.tv#183313

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 23:27:28 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 06:27 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:14:53 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
>record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.
>
>A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
>that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
>man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
>time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.
>
>The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.
>
>The first man was charged with first-degree murder.
>
>What's the appropriate charge here?

Why were both not charged with first degree - from your description
they were clearly in cahoots.

(Now in Canada that might well be bargained to 2nd degree but... and
if either of the killers were aboriginal then for sure common assault)

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<N9r1M.547156$5CY7.241422@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183337&group=rec.arts.tv#183337

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:33:49 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 08:33 UTC

On 4/23/23 10:28 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/22/2023 7:42 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>> How the hell is this first-degree murder? Granted, the man has a violent
>>> record, including convictions for second-degree murder and robbery.
>>>
>>> A man was getting cash from an ATM inside a building when he was told
>>> that another man had backed into his vehicle. He ran outside. The other
>>> man told him to get away, and then backed into the vehicle a second
>>> time. The first man opened the driver's door then stabbed him.
>>>
>>> The second man drove himself to the hospital but died.
>>>
>>> The first man was charged with first-degree murder.
>>>
>>> What's the appropriate charge here?
>>>

>> There are no appropriate charges. You should have every right to kill
>> someone damaging your property. And then you should be able to sue
>> them or
>> their estate for the damages.
>
> If my neighbor's dog pees on my lawn, can I kill them both?

If you're a demented closet homosexual? Fer sure.

Re: Criminal charges for fatal stabbing after confrontation

<t8c1M.2607796$vBI8.2182868@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183349&group=rec.arts.tv#183349

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:28:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:28 UTC