Genetics explains why you look like your father, and if you don't, why you should.

arts / rec.arts.tv / [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per Year

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per YearEd Stasiak
+- Re: [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per YearIrish Mike
`- Re: [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per YearBTR1701

1
[OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per Year

<662f5c7e-1680-4876-9628-7f992e2f3f92n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183330&group=rec.arts.tv#183330

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 00:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per Year
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 07:20 UTC

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/21/1171202704/nyc-mayor-adams-pressures-the-feds-for-more-help-with-assistance-to-migrants
April 21, 2023

New York Mayor Eric Adams says the White House needs to honor its promise to help the city provide housing and other support for migrants who are waiting for asylum.

A MARTÍNEZ, HOST:

"More than 50,000 migrants have arrived in New York since last spring. Mayor Eric Adams says the city needs more support helping them, so he's asking the Biden administration to step up. Today, Adams is meeting with federal officials in D.C. to push for assistance. Here's NPR's Jasmine Garsd."

JASMINE GARSD, BYLINE: "Mayor Eric Adams has some harsh words for the Biden administration."

ERIC ADAMS: "The national government has turned its back on New York City."

GARSD: "This was at a press conference this week before heading to Washington, D.C."

ADAMS: "This is one of the largest humanitarian crises that this city has ever experienced."

GARSD: "Adams is asking that the federal government provide New York with more aid. So far, New York officials say they've gotten around $8 million from state and federal sources but project the city will spend $1.4 billion on migrant aid just this fiscal year."

At the press conference, a group of protesters demanded New York do better by asylum-seekers. Adams said those demands should be directed at Washington. He says one thing that would help is if asylum-seekers could more easily get work permits as they wait for their cases to be resolved.

At a shelter in Brooklyn, Rodrigo Granda (ph) says he came from Ecuador five months ago, escaping violence. He says a work permit would allow him to get a stable, regular job.

GARSD: "It's an expensive city," he says. "If you live day-to-day, it gets pretty hard."

Currently, it can take up to two years for some asylum-seekers to even be able to apply for a work authorization. New York officials say if people could at least work, the city wouldn't have to take on so many costs.

Re: [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per Year

<1b720ab9-e772-4003-aa0e-f48f840dc505n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183354&group=rec.arts.tv#183354

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:28:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per Year
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 10:28 UTC

On Monday, April 24, 2023 at 3:20:59 AM UTC-4, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> https://www.npr.org/2023/04/21/1171202704/nyc-mayor-adams-pressures-the-feds-for-more-help-with-assistance-to-migrants
> April 21, 2023
>
> New York Mayor Eric Adams says the White House needs to honor its promise to help the city provide housing and other support for migrants who are waiting for asylum.
>
> A MARTÍNEZ, HOST:
>
> "More than 50,000 migrants have arrived in New York since last spring. Mayor Eric Adams says the city needs more support helping them, so he's asking the Biden administration to step up. Today, Adams is meeting with federal officials in D.C. to push for assistance. Here's NPR's Jasmine Garsd."
>
> JASMINE GARSD, BYLINE: "Mayor Eric Adams has some harsh words for the Biden administration."
>
> ERIC ADAMS: "The national government has turned its back on New York City.."
>
> GARSD: "This was at a press conference this week before heading to Washington, D.C."
>
> ADAMS: "This is one of the largest humanitarian crises that this city has ever experienced."
>
> GARSD: "Adams is asking that the federal government provide New York with more aid. So far, New York officials say they've gotten around $8 million from state and federal sources but project the city will spend $1.4 billion on migrant aid just this fiscal year."
>
> At the press conference, a group of protesters demanded New York do better by asylum-seekers. Adams said those demands should be directed at Washington. He says one thing that would help is if asylum-seekers could more easily get work permits as they wait for their cases to be resolved.
>
> At a shelter in Brooklyn, Rodrigo Granda (ph) says he came from Ecuador five months ago, escaping violence. He says a work permit would allow him to get a stable, regular job.
>
> GARSD: "It's an expensive city," he says. "If you live day-to-day, it gets pretty hard."
>
> Currently, it can take up to two years for some asylum-seekers to even be able to apply for a work authorization. New York officials say if people could at least work, the city wouldn't have to take on so many costs.

So this guy claims illegals are costing NYC $1.4 billion a year.
I say bull sh#t! The real cost is probably closer to $2.8 billion.

Irish Mike

Re: [OT] Illegal Aliens Cost NYC $1.4 BILLION Per Year

<atropos-402F2F.12135924042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183407&group=rec.arts.tv#183407

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 12:13:59 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 19:13 UTC

In article <662f5c7e-1680-4876-9628-7f992e2f3f92n@googlegroups.com>,
Ed Stasiak <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.npr.org/2023/04/21/1171202704/nyc-mayor-adams-pressures-the-feds-f
> or-more-help-with-assistance-to-migrants
> April 21, 2023
>
> New York Mayor Eric Adams says the White House needs to honor its promise to
> help the city provide housing and other support for migrants who are waiting
> for asylum.
>
> A MARTÍNEZ, HOST:
>
> "More than 50,000 migrants have arrived in New York since last spring. Mayor
> Eric Adams says the city needs more support helping them, so he's asking the
> Biden administration to step up. Today, Adams is meeting with federal
> officials in D.C. to push for assistance. Here's NPR's Jasmine Garsd."
>
> JASMINE GARSD, BYLINE: "Mayor Eric Adams has some harsh words for the Biden
> administration."
>
> ERIC ADAMS: "The national government has turned its back on New York City."

TEXAS: Welcome to the party, pal!

> ADAMS: "This is one of the largest humanitarian crises that this city has
> ever experienced."

And yet when the border states experience orders of magnitude worse than
NYC, you were silent. Hell, you weren't even silent. You were preaching
about "compassion" and "sanctuary cities".

Walk your talk, asshole.

> GARSD: "Adams is asking that the federal government provide New York with
> more aid. So far, New York officials say they've gotten around $8 million
> from state and federal sources but project the city will spend $1.4 billion
> on migrant aid just this fiscal year."

If New York is owed a billion and half, then Texas is owed $300 trillion
at this point.