Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: TV news for April 15-21

SubjectAuthor
* TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
+* Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
|+- Re: TV news for April 15-21Ian J. Ball
|`* Re: TV news for April 15-21BTR1701
| +- Re: TV news for April 15-21Adam H. Kerman
| +* Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
| |`* Re: TV news for April 15-21BTR1701
| | +* Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
| | |`- Re: TV news for April 15-21BTR1701
| | `* Re: TV news for April 15-21BTR1701
| |  `- Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
| `* Re: TV news for April 15-21Ian J. Ball
|  +* Re: TV news for April 15-21BTR1701
|  |+* Re: TV news for April 15-21A Friend
|  ||`- Re: TV news for April 15-21trotsky
|  |`- Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
|  `- Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk
+- Re: TV news for April 15-21Dimensional Traveler
+- Re: TV news for April 15-21Ian J. Ball
+* Re: TV news for April 15-21Adam H. Kerman
|`- Re: TV news for April 15-21shawn
`* Re: TV news for April 15-21BTR1701
 `- Re: TV news for April 15-21anim8rfsk

1
TV news for April 15-21

<227301527.703840604.151906.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183089&group=rec.arts.tv#183089

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: TV news for April 15-21
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:26:47 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:26 UTC

TV news for April 15-21

ABC News

‘Station 19’ Renewed For Season 7 At ABC (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/station-19-renewed-season-7-abc-zoanne-clack-peter-paige-showrunners-1235333192/

‘The Good Doctor’ Renewed For Season 7 By ABC (April 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-good-doctor-renewed-season-7-abc-1235331961/

‘Will Trent’ Renewed For Season 2 By ABC (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/will-trent-renewed-season-2-abc-ramon-rodriguez-1235329830/

‘The Rookie’ Renewed For Season 6 By ABC (April 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-rookie-renewed-season-6-abc-1235328747/

CBS News

‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Celebrates 9,000 Episodes With Cameos By James
Corden, Lil Nas X (April 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-9000-episodes-cameos-james-corden-lil-nas-x-1235328574/

Fox News

David Spade To Host & Produce New Game Show ‘Snake Oil’ At Fox With Will
Arnett As Exec Producer (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/david-spade-to-host-new-game-show-snake-oil-at-fox-from-will-arnett-1235329494/

NBC News

Alex MacNicoll, Spence Moore II, Aury Krebs & Ashleigh LaThrop Board NBC
Medical Drama Pilot ‘Wolf’ (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/zachary-quinto-led-nbc-medical-drama-pilot-wolf-casting-1235332689/

Cable channel news

Liz Kerin’s ‘Night’s Edge’ Novel In Works At Freeform (April 21)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/freeform-nights-edge-jac-schaeffer-keto-shimizu-liz-kerin-novel-1235333632/

‘The White Lotus’: Natasha Rothwell To Return As Belinda In Season 3 Of HBO
Series (April 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-white-lotus-natasha-rothwell-return-belinda-season-3-cast-hbo-1235331975/

Anne Rice Spinoff Series Set In Talamasca In The Works At AMC From John Lee
Hancock (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/anne-rice-spinoff-series-set-in-talamasca-in-the-works-at-amc-from-john-lee-hancock-1235330096/

HBO Developing Drama Series ‘The Shards’ From Bret Easton Ellis (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/bret-easton-ellis-the-shards-hbo-series-1235329636/

NewsNation Expanding To 24-Hour Weekday Sked Anchored By 4-Hour ‘NewsNation
Now’ Block (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/newsnation-expanding-24-hour-weekday-schedule-newsnation-now-block-1235329514/

Note: Formerly WGN America.

Freeform Sets Premiere Dates For ‘Grown-ish’ Final Season & ‘Cruel Summer’
Season 2 (April 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/freeform-premiere-dates-grown-ish-season-6-cruel-summer-season-2-1235326072/

‘The Idol’: The Weeknd & Lily-Rose Depp Music Drama Gets HBO Premiere Date,
New Teaser (April 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-idol-premiere-date-trailer-the-weeknd-lily-rose-depp-hbo-1235328366/

Rhea Seehorn Shortform Series ‘Cooper’s Bar’ Gets Full 30-Minute Episode
Season As AMC Networks Expands Content Room Slate (April 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/rhea-seehorn-shortform-series-coopers-bar-full-season-amc-netorks-expands-content-room-slate-1235326066/

Streaming service news

‘Pretty Little Liars: Summer School’: Dr. Sullivan [Annabeth Gish] Is Back
For Season 2 Of Max Reboot (April 21)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/pretty-little-liars-summer-school-annabeth-gish-dr-sullivan-season-2-max-series-1235333802/

‘National Treasure’ Canceled By Disney+ After One Season (April 21)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/national-treasure-canceled-disney-plus-one-season-1235333817/

‘Before I Let Go’ Adaptation In Development At Peacock (April 21)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/before-i-let-go-adaptation-kennedy-ryan-development-peacock-1235333791/

Netflix Orders ‘The Boroughs’ Sci-Fi Series Via The Duffer Brothers’ Upside
Down Pictures (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/netflix-series-order-the-boroughs-the-duffer-brothers-upside-down-pictures-jeffrey-addiss-will-matthews-1235332269/

‘Only Murders In The Building’: Michael Cyril Creighton Upped To Series
Regular For Season 3 [Hulu] (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/only-murders-in-the-building-michael-cyril-creighton-series-regular-season-3-1235332812/

‘Lupin’ Part 3 Starring Omar Sy Gets Netflix Premiere Date (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/lupin-part-3-omar-sy-premiere-date-netflix-1235332885/

Justina Machado-Led ‘The Horror Of Dolores Roach’ Gets Prime Video Premiere
Date (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/justina-machado-the-horror-of-dolores-roach-prime-video-premiere-date-1235332855/

Roku Partners With Jennifer Lopez, Jaime Camil & Juanpa Zurita As It
Expands Spanish Original Content (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/roku-partners-jennifer-lopez-jaime-camil-juanpa-zurita-expands-spanish-original-content-1235332386/

‘Dear Edward’ Canceled By Apple After One Season (April 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/apple-cancels-dear-edward-1235332316/

HBO Max Unveils Trailer For ‘Spy/Master’ Starring ‘Happy Valley’s Alec
Secareanu (April 19)

https://deadline.com/video/hbo-max-unveils-trailer-for-spy-master-starring-happy-valley-gods-own-country-alec-secareanu/

Anna Camp Boards Peacock’s Coming-Of-Age Thriller ‘Hysteria!’ As Series
Regular (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/anna-camp-cast-peacock-hysteria-1235330041/

Emjay Anthony, Chiara Aurelia, Kezii Curtis & Nikki Hahn To Star In
Peacock’s ‘Hysteria!’ (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/emjay-anthony-chiara-aurelia-kezii-curtis-nikki-hahn-cast-peacock-hysteria-1235329901/

Charlie Sheen Reunites With Chuck Lorre, Joins Max Comedy Series ‘How To Be
A Bookie’ (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/charlie-sheen-chuck-lorre-reunite-how-to-be-a-bookie-casting-1235328729/

‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series In Works At Paramount+ (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/galaxy-quest-tv-series-paramount-plus-1235329149/

"Getting a Galaxy Quest TV series off the ground has been a goal for
Paramount TV Studios over the past eight years. The original idea was to do
a continuation of the movie with the same cast, and Johnson initially was
joined by the feature’s writer, Robert Gordon, and director Dean Parisot.
The proposed sequel series, which landed at Amazon in 2015, suffered a
major blow when one of the main stars of the movie, Alan Rickman, died in
2016. ... The Galaxy Quest TV series project has gone through multiple
other incarnations since, including one written by Paul Scheer and one from
Simon Pegg and Succession writer Georgia Pritchett."

Judge Judy’s New Freevee Courtroom Series ‘Tribunal Justice’ Sets Premiere;
Drops Trailer Featuring Byrd’s Return (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/judge-judy-freevee-courtroom-series-tribunal-justice-premiere-trailer-1235329089/

‘All The Light We Cannot See’: Netflix Reveals Premiere Date & Teaser
Trailer For Shawn Levy Limited Series (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/all-the-light-we-cannot-see-netflix-premiere-date-teaser-trailer-1235329143/

Morris Chestnut Boards Onyx Collective’s ‘Reasonable Doubt’ As Hulu Series
Lands Season 2 Renewal (April 17)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/morris-chestnut-boards-reasonable-doubt-hulu-series-season-2-renewal-1235328441/

‘Sweet Tooth’ Trailer: Gus Fights Against The Last Men In Season 2 Of
Netflix Fantasy Drama (April 17)

https://deadline.com/video/sweet-tooth-season-2-trailer-netflix-fantasy-drama-series/

‘Love Is Blind’ Reunion Watched By 6.5M, Netflix Brass Say; Tech Glitch
Left Ted Sarandos “Super Disappointed” But Still Believes In Live Event
Programming (April 18)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/love-is-blind-reunion-viewership-tech-glitch-netflix-chris-rock-ted-sarandos-greg-peters-1235330169/

‘Love Is Blind’ Live Reunion Delayed Indefinitely; Netflix Says Special Is
Taping Now For Delivery “As Soon As Humanly Possible” In Apology Message
(April 16)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/love-is-blind-the-live-reunion-crashes-netflix-live-episode-delayed-subscribers-face-technical-difficulties-1235327883/

‘Schmigadoon!’ Co-Creator Cinco Paul On A “Darker, Sexier, Scarier” Season
2 & Prospect Of Taking The Show To Broadway [Apple TV+] (April 15)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/schmigadoon-cinco-paul-keegan-michael-key-interview-contenders-tv-1235326190/

International series news

BBC Orders ‘Lord Of The Flies’ TV Adaptation (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/bbc-lord-of-the-flies-tv-adaptation-sex-education-producer-eleven-jack-thorne-1235332590/

‘Doctor Who’ Heads To Swinging 60s As First-Looks Of Ncuti Gatwa & Millie
Gibson Unveiled (April 20)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/doctor-who-swinging-60s-ncuti-gatwa-millie-gibson-1235332492/

Norwegian Political Comedy ‘Power Play’ Wins Best Series At Canneseries
(April 19)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/norwegian-political-comedy-power-play-wins-best-series-at-canneseries-1235331979/

Stephen Fry Confirmed For Australian ‘Jeopardy!’ Reboot (April 18)

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TV news for April 15-21

<740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183094&group=rec.arts.tv#183094

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for April 15-21
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:56:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:56 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> TV news for April 15-21
>

> ABC News

> CBS News

> Fox News

> NBC News

> Cable channel news
>

> Liz Kerin’s ‘Night’s Edge’ Novel In Works At Freeform (April 21)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> ‘The White Lotus’: Natasha Rothwell To Return As Belinda In Season 3 Of HBO
> Series (April 19)

No hi ho, no show

> Anne Rice Spinoff Series Set In Talamasca In The Works At AMC From John Lee
> Hancock (April 18)

No hi ho, no show, ditto!

> Freeform Sets Premiere Dates For ‘Grown-ish’ Final Season & ‘Cruel Summer’
> Season 2 (April 17)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Streaming service news
>

> ‘Pretty Little Liars: Summer School’: Dr. Sullivan [Annabeth Gish] Is Back
> For Season 2 Of Max Reboot (April 21)

Something for Ian

> ‘National Treasure’ Canceled By Disney+ After One Season (April 21)

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

> ‘Only Murders In The Building’: Michael Cyril Creighton Upped To Series
> Regular For Season 3 [Hulu] (April 20)

If I have the slightest idea who that was, but might matter to me

> ‘Lupin’ Part 3 Starring Omar Sy Gets Netflix Premiere Date (April 20)

Robin says she’s enjoying this. For me, it’s still on Monty Python sketch.

> Charlie Sheen Reunites With Chuck Lorre, Joins Max Comedy Series ‘How To Be
> A Bookie’ (April 18)

That’s really a surprise. On the upside, we get to call the show how to be
a Nookie.

> ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series In Works At Paramount+ (April 18)

I can’t imagine that’s going to be any good, but Paramont plus doesn’t work
anyway and even if I did, I probably won’t have it by the time they get
around the showing this

> Judge Judy’s New Freevee Courtroom Series ‘Tribunal Justice’ Sets Premiere;
> Drops Trailer Featuring Byrd’s Return (April 18)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE
And
No!

> International series news
>

> BBC Orders ‘Lord Of The Flies’ TV Adaptation (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/bbc-lord-of-the-flies-tv-adaptation-sex-education-producer-eleven-jack-thorne-1235332590/

Because nobody’s ever filmed that before

> ‘Doctor Who’ Heads To Swinging 60s As First-Looks Of Ncuti Gatwa & Millie
> Gibson Unveiled (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/doctor-who-swinging-60s-ncuti-gatwa-millie-gibson-1235332492/

That’s all just looks embarrassingly bad

No
> Studiocanal & Benedict Cumberbatch Ready ‘How To Stop Time’ TV Series
> (April 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/studiocanal-to-make-benedict-cumberbatch-how-to-stop-time-matt-haig-tv-series-1235328154/
>
> "The genre-bending book is a high-stakes superhero thriller about men and
> women who suffer from a rare condition that makes them live for hundreds
> and hundreds of years. Born in 15th century France, Cumberbatch’s Tom
> Hazard has time and time again lost everything he loves. More than 600
> years on from his birth, he is caught in the middle of a secret war."

Maybe although they probably won’t show it anywhere I can see it and I’d
rather number snatch was doing more Sherlock or Strange

> Series in development
>

> Will Ferrell

NO

> ‘Twilight’ Series

NO

> ‘Baywatch’ Remake In The Works At Fremantle As Buyers Circle (April 14)

Maybe if there’s naked nudity

> Ratings
>

> ‘Outer Banks’ & ‘The Mandalorian’

NO

> CBS Programming

NO

> The business of TV
>

> Netflix’s Reed Hastings, Ted Sarandos See Jump In 2022 Pay Packages To
> About $50 Million Each (April 21)

Even as I cut the strings from them completely

> On-Location TV Production In Los Angeles Plunges Amid Strike Jitters &
> Uncertainty Over Corporate Restructuring, FilmLA Says (April 19)

Who’s striking this time?

> Bracing For The Bloodbath: Disney Layoffs To Resume Monday (April 19)

At least three people will lose their jobs!

> Max Pulls Out Promotional Stops In Rebranding Promo Push As Warner Bros
> Discovery Looks To Make A “Second First Impression” (April 17)

Nobody gets Max

> AMC Networks Sets Rollout Of Cheaper Tier Of AMC+ With Ads And Launches
> Audience+ (April 17)

Let me know when it’s free again

> Netflix Co-CEO Ted Sarandos Estimates 2024 Content Spending Level, Weighs
> In On Film Strategy As Streaming Rivals Embrace Theatrical (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/netflix-ted-sarandos-content-spending-film-strategy-streaming-movie-theaters-1235330167/
>

> End Of An Era ­ Netflix Shuttering Its Original DVD By Mail Business
> (April 18)

Time to just get rid of Netflix

> Netflix To Launch Paid Password Sharing In U.S. In Coming Weeks As Part Of
> Global Rollout (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/netflix-password-sharing-launch-in-us-rollout-streaming-1235329872/

> Other News
>

> Kevin Spacey Appears Briefly In Court Via Video Link As Date Set For UK
> Trial (April 21)

I’ve forgotten what they’re even after him for

> Alec Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ Restarts Production In Montana; New Safety Officers
> Added To Film After Fatal 2021 Shooting (April 21)

Next season on “how to get away with murder”

> Alec Baldwin Returning To Big Screen In ‘Hollywood Heist’ With Mickey
> Rourke, Nick Cannon & More (April 21)

Is there any remote chance they’ll have Baldwin shoot Nick Cannon? Or I’d
settle for the other way around.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<u20tun$3alud$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183105&group=rec.arts.tv#183105

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:19:52 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 15:19 UTC

On 4/22/2023 12:26 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Fox News

Maybe Robin can make these "Fox Announcements" rather than risk getting
sued?

dirty old man.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<u21b41$3d2vi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183137&group=rec.arts.tv#183137

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 12:04:33 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:04 UTC

On 2023-04-22 07:56:11 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> TV news for April 15-21
>>

>> Streaming service news
>>

>> ‘Pretty Little Liars: Summer School’: Dr. Sullivan [Annabeth Gish] Is Back
>> For Season 2 Of Max Reboot (April 21)
>
> Something for Ian

Except that I never got to season #1 (or to half-a-dozen other "YA"
streaming series, either!), and at current rates I never will!!

>> International series news
>>

>> Studiocanal & Benedict Cumberbatch Ready ‘How To Stop Time’ TV Series
>> (April 17)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2023/04/studiocanal-to-make-benedict-cumberbatch-how-to-stop-time-matt-haig-tv-series-1235328154/
>>

>> "The genre-bending book is a high-stakes superhero thriller about men and
>> women who suffer from a rare condition that makes them live for hundreds
>> and hundreds of years. Born in 15th century France, Cumberbatch’s Tom
>> Hazard has time and time again lost everything he loves. More than 600
>> years on from his birth, he is caught in the middle of a secret war."
>
> Maybe although they probably won’t show it anywhere I can see it and I’d
> rather number snatch was doing more Sherlock or Strange

Yeah, this actually sounds promising (though incredibly derivative)...

>> The business of TV
>>

>> Netflix’s Reed Hastings, Ted Sarandos See Jump In 2022 Pay Packages To
>> About $50 Million Each (April 21)
>
> Even as I cut the strings from them completely

Yeah, it's not a question of "if" I cut Netflix - it's a question of *when*.

>> On-Location TV Production In Los Angeles Plunges Amid Strike Jitters &
>> Uncertainty Over Corporate Restructuring, FilmLA Says (April 19)
>
> Who’s striking this time?

All of them, I think.

>> Max Pulls Out Promotional Stops In Rebranding Promo Push As Warner Bros
>> Discovery Looks To Make A “Second First Impression” (April 17)
>
> Nobody gets Max

I do!

>> AMC Networks Sets Rollout Of Cheaper Tier Of AMC+ With Ads And Launches
>> Audience+ (April 17)
>
> Let me know when it’s free again

Interesting - knowing that, I might pick up AMC+ for a month sometime,
esp. if it includes Shudder...

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<u21cfu$3d9la$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183140&group=rec.arts.tv#183140

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 12:27:58 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:27 UTC

On 2023-04-22 07:26:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> TV news for April 15-21
>

> ABC News
>

> ‘Station 19’ Renewed For Season 7 At ABC (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/station-19-renewed-season-7-abc-zoanne-clack-peter-paige-showrunners-1235333192/

Geezus - *why* do they keep renewing this terrible show?!!

> ‘Will Trent’ Renewed For Season 2 By ABC (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/will-trent-renewed-season-2-abc-ramon-rodriguez-1235329830/
>

> ‘The Rookie’ Renewed For Season 6 By ABC (April 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-rookie-renewed-season-6-abc-1235328747/

Guess that answers those questions...

> Fox News
>

> David Spade To Host & Produce New Game Show ‘Snake Oil’ At Fox With Will
> Arnett As Exec Producer (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/david-spade-to-host-new-game-show-snake-oil-at-fox-from-will-arnett-1235329494/

I'd rather see him in a scripted TV series...

> NBC News
>

> Alex MacNicoll, Spence Moore II, Aury Krebs & Ashleigh LaThrop Board NBC
> Medical Drama Pilot ‘Wolf’ (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/zachary-quinto-led-nbc-medical-drama-pilot-wolf-casting-1235332689/

I don't know any of those people!

> Cable channel news
>

> Anne Rice Spinoff Series Set In Talamasca In The Works At AMC From John Lee
> Hancock (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/anne-rice-spinoff-series-set-in-talamasca-in-the-works-at-amc-from-john-lee-hancock-1235330096/

Not interested...

> Freeform Sets Premiere Dates For ‘Grown-ish’ Final Season & ‘Cruel Summer’
> Season 2 (April 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/freeform-premiere-dates-grown-ish-season-6-cruel-summer-season-2-1235326072/

I was starting to wonder if they were ever going to air season #2 of
"Cruel Summer".

I will watch it, but there is basically 0% chance that it will be
anywhere near as good as season #1 was (even with the flawed "twist"
ending).

> Streaming service news
>

> Netflix Orders ‘The Boroughs’ Sci-Fi Series Via The Duffer Brothers’ Upside
> Down Pictures (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/netflix-series-order-the-boroughs-the-duffer-brothers-upside-down-pictures-jeffrey-addiss-will-matthews-1235332269/

Who is taking bets that they can manage two in a row?....

> Anna Camp Boards Peacock’s Coming-Of-Age Thriller ‘Hysteria!’ As Series
> Regular (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/anna-camp-cast-peacock-hysteria-1235330041/
>

> Emjay Anthony, Chiara Aurelia, Kezii Curtis & Nikki Hahn To Star In
> Peacock’s ‘Hysteria!’ (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/emjay-anthony-chiara-aurelia-kezii-curtis-nikki-hahn-cast-peacock-hysteria-1235329901/

This is pulling together a good cast. Dunno if it's enough to get me to
watch... but it helps!

> ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series In Works At Paramount+ (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/galaxy-quest-tv-series-paramount-plus-1235329149/

Agree with Anim that this sounds like a *terrible* idea...

> ‘Love Is Blind’ Reunion Watched By 6.5M, Netflix Brass Say; Tech Glitch
> Left Ted Sarandos “Super Disappointed” But Still Believes In Live Event
> Programming (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/love-is-blind-reunion-viewership-tech-glitch-netflix-chris-rock-ted-sarandos-greg-peters-1235330169/

Oh, please - they totally f**ked the dog here. If they can't do
something as basic as a live stream, they don't deserve to be in
business!

> International series news
>

> BBC Orders ‘Lord Of The Flies’ TV Adaptation (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/bbc-lord-of-the-flies-tv-adaptation-sex-education-producer-eleven-jack-thorne-1235332590/

Zzzzzz....

> Series in development
>

> Will Ferrell To Headline Golf Comedy Series In Works From T-Street &
> ‘Twilight’ Series In Early Development At Lionsgate TV (April 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/twilight-series-in-development-lionsgate-tv-stephanie-meyer-1235330720/

It kills me that rather than try and spawn spinoff works in the same
reality, these idiot network goons are going to instead try to "reboot"
this and Harry Pothead!!

> ‘Baywatch’ Remake In The Works At Fremantle As Buyers Circle (April 14)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/baywatch-remake-in-the-works-at-fremantle-as-buyers-circle-1235323825/

Another terrible idea.

Even with naked nudity, I don't see a sensible play here. And without
it - forget it!!

> Ratings
>

> ‘Outer Banks’ & ‘The Mandalorian’ Were Most-Streamed Shows In March; March
> Madness Boosted Cable Viewership, Nielsen Says (April 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/outer-banks-the-mandalorian-most-streamed-shows-march-march-madness-boosts-cable-ratings-nielsen-1235328912/

I guess I can start watching "Mando" now, even though pretty much
everyone seems to agree that season #3 was a mess/bad.

> CBS Programming Generates More Than 280B Viewing Minutes In First Quarter
> Of 2023, Rivaling Audience For Netflix Original Content (April 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/cbs-nbc-fox-abc-viewing-minutes-first-quarter-2023-nielsen-streaming-netflix-hbo-max-1235328523/

Is anyone surprised?! There are a *lot* of old people still out there.

> The business of TV
>

> Bracing For The Bloodbath: Disney Layoffs To Resume Monday (April 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/disney-layoffs-coming-tv-film-departments-1235329916/

I'm of the opinion that Disney needs to be *put down*!

> Other News
>

> Alec Baldwin Not Absolved In Fatal ‘Rust’ Shooting Despite Planned Dropping
> Of Charges, Prosecutors Say ­ Update (April 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2023/04/alec-baldwin-charges-dropped-rust-shooting-halyna-hutchins-1235329568/

Yeah, right!
(This DA is a coward!!)

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<u21clt$3dana$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183141&group=rec.arts.tv#183141

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:31:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:31 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>Will Trent Renewed For Season 2 By ABC (April 18)

>https://deadline.com/2023/04/will-trent-renewed-season-2-abc-ramon-rodriguez-1235329830/

I know nothing about the original novels but this isn't very good. I've
been watching. It ranges from mediocre to bad.

>The Rookie Renewed For Season 6 By ABC (April 17)

Dear gawd

This show is so bad that even I got disgusted enough with it enough to
stop watching entirely several seasons back.

> NBC News

>Alex MacNicoll, Spence Moore II, Aury Krebs & Ashleigh LaThrop Board NBC
>Medical Drama Pilot Wolf (April 20)

>https://deadline.com/2023/04/zachary-quinto-led-nbc-medical-drama-pilot-wolf-casting-1235332689/

I had to look this up. The Zachary Quinto character is Oliver Wolf,
an fictionalized version of Oliver Sacks that I suspect will be so
heavily fictionalized it was bear no resemblence whatsoever.

Jeeze. Once you take apart and torture the brain of a cheerleader who
has mythical healing powers and is probably immortal, suddenly you are
qualified to play a very famous neurologist.

Sacks wrote popular nonfiction about his career in the 1960s
investigating neurological mysteries in his hospital practices. This is
set at "Bronx General"; Sacks never worked solely at an inner-city
hospital.

Naturally the fictional character is going to be surrounded with
brilliant doctors with chronic disease-driven angst, naturally all being
kept secret.

I am so W/Qing this hard.

>NewsNation Expanding To 24-Hour Weekday Sked Anchored By 4-Hour 'NewsNation
>Now' Block (April 18)

Wow.

I have no idea how the 100,000 viewers it has will distribute themselves
among 24 hour viewing segments.

>Galaxy Quest TV Series In Works At Paramount+ (April 18)

>https://deadline.com/2023/04/galaxy-quest-tv-series-paramount-plus-1235329149/

How the hell did Paramount get hold of this property that parodied the
original Star Trek tv series? This studio is simply going to murder it.

> International series news

>BBC Orders Lord Of The Flies TV Adaptation (April 20)

Jaw drop

This novel is completely and deliberately un-PeeCee to make a very
serious point about how humans behave under fear.

>Stephen Fry Confirmed For Australian Jeopardy! Reboot (April 18)

What an extreme waste of Fry's immense talent.

Work with Hugh Laurie and bring back more Jeeves and Wooster
adaptations! Am I the only one who saw this?

>Baywatch Remake In The Works At Fremantle As Buyers Circle (April 14)

All transgender all the time

Should I ask what Buyers Circle is?

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<vhe84ilfmdtrumbpuc01ucifi8v55i8fc0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183144&group=rec.arts.tv#183144

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 15:59:29 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:59 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:31:09 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Will Trent Renewed For Season 2 By ABC (April 18)
>
>>https://deadline.com/2023/04/will-trent-renewed-season-2-abc-ramon-rodriguez-1235329830/
>
>I know nothing about the original novels but this isn't very good. I've
>been watching. It ranges from mediocre to bad.

I enjoyed the season opener and had high hopes for the show. I almost
stopped recording the show with the episode where his partner was
kidnapped by a convict and then blamed for the death of another man
because a cop said so with no one other than Trent and his boss
questioning what was being reported. I still have the last two
episodes since that one recorded but not watched.

>>The Rookie Renewed For Season 6 By ABC (April 17)
>
>Dear gawd
>
>This show is so bad that even I got disgusted enough with it enough to
>stop watching entirely several seasons back.
>
>> NBC News
>
>>Alex MacNicoll, Spence Moore II, Aury Krebs & Ashleigh LaThrop Board NBC
>>Medical Drama Pilot Wolf (April 20)
>
>>https://deadline.com/2023/04/zachary-quinto-led-nbc-medical-drama-pilot-wolf-casting-1235332689/
>
>I had to look this up. The Zachary Quinto character is Oliver Wolf,
>an fictionalized version of Oliver Sacks that I suspect will be so
>heavily fictionalized it was bear no resemblence whatsoever.
>
>Jeeze. Once you take apart and torture the brain of a cheerleader who
>has mythical healing powers and is probably immortal, suddenly you are
>qualified to play a very famous neurologist.

Once you have learned to breathe you are qualified to write about
oxygen and helium and their effects when created artificially. (Yes, I
said 'created'.)

>Sacks wrote popular nonfiction about his career in the 1960s
>investigating neurological mysteries in his hospital practices. This is
>set at "Bronx General"; Sacks never worked solely at an inner-city
>hospital.
>
>Naturally the fictional character is going to be surrounded with
>brilliant doctors with chronic disease-driven angst, naturally all being
>kept secret.
>
>I am so W/Qing this hard.

>>NewsNation Expanding To 24-Hour Weekday Sked Anchored By 4-Hour 'NewsNation
>>Now' Block (April 18)
>
>Wow.
>
>I have no idea how the 100,000 viewers it has will distribute themselves
>among 24 hour viewing segments.

Hopefully they will have someone like Ian making a list of who gets
what hours of the day to evenly spread the load.

>>Galaxy Quest TV Series In Works At Paramount+ (April 18)
>
>>https://deadline.com/2023/04/galaxy-quest-tv-series-paramount-plus-1235329149/
>
>How the hell did Paramount get hold of this property that parodied the
>original Star Trek tv series? This studio is simply going to murder it.

I would love to see a good version of this come to the small screen,
but that's unlikely to ever happen.

>> International series news
>
>>BBC Orders Lord Of The Flies TV Adaptation (April 20)
>
>Jaw drop
>
>This novel is completely and deliberately un-PeeCee to make a very
>serious point about how humans behave under fear.

So they can watch how people behave in the fear of just how bad this
TV adaptation can be?

>>Stephen Fry Confirmed For Australian Jeopardy! Reboot (April 18)
>
>What an extreme waste of Fry's immense talent.

But probably quite lucrative for his pocket book. Especially since it
likely involves only a few days of his time filming the episodes and
apparently is going to be filmed locally for him.

>Work with Hugh Laurie and bring back more Jeeves and Wooster
>adaptations! Am I the only one who saw this?
>
>>Baywatch Remake In The Works At Fremantle As Buyers Circle (April 14)
>
>All transgender all the time
>
>Should I ask what Buyers Circle is?

LOL. It could be the Australian social media site or more like it
means there are many buyers circling the show with an eye towards
buying the rights to the finished product.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<atropos-4640DB.12115923042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183237&group=rec.arts.tv#183237

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 12:11:59 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 19:11 UTC

In article <u23u9p$3tuab$1@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-04-23 18:33:07 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
> > In article
> > <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

> >> No hi ho, no show
> >
> > Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
> >
> > "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
>
> Please tell me there was a smiley face or wink-y emoji after that?!...

Everything that charming girl says has a smiley face attached to it.
She's just the best. She's the very definition of not taking yourself
too seriously.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<u2436s$3uk74$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183240&group=rec.arts.tv#183240

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:07:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:07 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>THE WHITE LOTUS: Natasha Rothwell to Return as Belinda in Season 3 of HBO
>>>Series (April 19)

>>No hi ho, no show

>Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:

>"Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"

Go comfort her!

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<230420231724132687%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183248&group=rec.arts.tv#183248

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 17:24:13 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 21:24 UTC

In article
<atropos-4640DB.12115923042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>,
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> In article <u23u9p$3tuab$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On 2023-04-23 18:33:07 +0000, BTR1701 said:
> >
> > > In article
> > > <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

> > > Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
> > >
> > > "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
> >
> > Please tell me there was a smiley face or wink-y emoji after that?!...
>
> Everything that charming girl says has a smiley face attached to it.
> She's just the best. She's the very definition of not taking yourself
> too seriously.

She's also whip-smart. As you say, the best.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<60476247.703974251.224739.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183256&group=rec.arts.tv#183256

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:06:51 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 22:06 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <227301527.703840604.151906.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> TV news for April 15-21
>
>> GALAXY QUEST TV Series In Works at Paramount+ (April 18)
>
> Nice!
>
>> TWILIGHT Series in Early Development at Lionsgate TV (April 19)
>
> Who's going to play the pouty, emotionless girl that everyone is
> inexplicably in love with this time?
>
>> BAYWATCH Remake in the Works at Fremantle as Buyers Circle (April 14)
>
> Hopefully they recognize what made the original an international hit:
> super-hot women in bikinis having heterosexual sex with good-looking
> dudes.
>
> But this is Hollywood, so we're probably going to get lots of gay stuff
> and some kind of weird trans-testicle dude demanding to be allowed to
> run around in a bikini or something. I've been watching some of the old
> eps on Heroes & Icons and I'm constantly saying to myself, "This would
> never make it past the PC censors in today's Hollywood," so look for
> this new show to crash and burn if it gets greenlit.
>
> Hopefully they actually shoot it here on our beaches instead of going to
> Louisiana and pretending it's California like they did with the Hi-Ho
> Daddario movie. We haven't had good craft services in the neighborhood
> in a long while.

Ian’s IMDb article says it was filmed in Florida and Georgia.

Grossed 58 million domestic against a $69 million budget. I see why there
wasn’t a sequel.

And she was already 30.

The videos at the top of her IMDb page are pretty good. They have a career
retrospective and some other ones that showcase a lot of her work much of
which I wasn’t familiar with and must now track down.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<664518298.703974693.502139.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183257&group=rec.arts.tv#183257

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:06:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 22:06 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> THE WHITE LOTUS: Natasha Rothwell to Return as Belinda in Season 3 of HBO
>>> Series (April 19)
>>
>> No hi ho, no show
>
> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>
> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"

Maybe we could crowd fund the eight dollars for her?

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<1644070086.703975063.868898.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183258&group=rec.arts.tv#183258

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:06:53 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 22:06 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-04-23 18:33:07 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> In article
>> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> No hi ho, no show
>>
>> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>>
>> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
>
> Please tell me there was a smiley face or wink-y emoji after that?!...

No, but she does have a blue check…

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<213849453.703975140.345033.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183259&group=rec.arts.tv#183259

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:06:54 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 22:06 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <u23u9p$3tuab$1@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-04-23 18:33:07 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>>>
>>> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
>>
>> Please tell me there was a smiley face or wink-y emoji after that?!...
>
> Everything that charming girl says has a smiley face attached to it.
> She's just the best. She's the very definition of not taking yourself
> too seriously.

Wow. You like her a lot less than I do.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<1lOdnSu3A6X-eNj5nZ2dnZfqn_dh4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183285&group=rec.arts.tv#183285

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 02:11:47 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 02:11 UTC

On Apr 23, 2023 at 3:06:52 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> No hi ho, no show
>>
>> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>>
>> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
>>

> Maybe we could crowd fund the eight dollars for her?

I can't believe Elon allowed Stephen King to keep his checkmark by paying for
it himself, but not Hi-Ho.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<851075301.703997259.842557.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183296&group=rec.arts.tv#183296

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:02:11 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:02 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2023 at 3:06:52 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>>>
>>> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
>>>

>> Maybe we could crowd fund the eight dollars for her?
>
> I can't believe Elon allowed Stephen King to keep his checkmark by paying for
it himself, but not Hi-Ho.

Hi ho, has her check mark. It’s right there on the post you mentioned about
her pondering what it means if she doesn’t have a checkmark. Was she
actually without it at some point?

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<lPacnbGi_5cya9j5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183300&group=rec.arts.tv#183300

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:25:35 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:25 UTC

On Apr 23, 2023 at 7:11:47 PM PDT, "BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2023 at 3:06:52 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,

>>> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>>>
>>> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"
>>>

>> Maybe we could crowd fund the eight dollars for her?
>
> I can't believe Elon allowed Stephen King to keep his checkmark by paying for
> it himself, but not Hi-Ho.

Elon also burned Stephen King pretty severely when King tried to snark Musk
for paying for his blue check:

KING: I think Mr. Musk should give my blue check to charity. I recommend the
Prytula Foundation, which provides lifesaving services in Ukraine. It's only
$8.00 so perhaps Mr. Musk could add a bit more.

MUSK: I've donated more than $100 million to Ukraine. How much have you
donated?

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<lPacnbCi_5f-atj5nZ2dnZfqnPhg4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183301&group=rec.arts.tv#183301

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:28:35 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:28 UTC

On Apr 23, 2023 at 8:02:11 PM PDT, "anim8rfsk" <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe we could crowd fund the eight dollars for her?
>>
>> I can't believe Elon allowed Stephen King to keep his checkmark by paying
>> for
> it himself, but not Hi-Ho.
>>

> Hi ho, has her check mark. It’s right there on the post you mentioned about
> her pondering what it means if she doesn’t have a checkmark. Was she
> actually without it at some point?

Apparently a lot of celebs whose checks disappeared are finding them restored
today. Not sure why.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<1367559335.704001165.926617.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183304&group=rec.arts.tv#183304

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:58:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 03:58 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2023 at 7:11:47 PM PDT, "BTR1701" <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe we could crowd fund the eight dollars for her?
>>
>> I can't believe Elon allowed Stephen King to keep his checkmark by paying for
>> it himself, but not Hi-Ho.
>
> Elon also burned Stephen King pretty severely when King tried to snark Musk
for paying for his blue check:

> KING: I think Mr. Musk should give my blue check to charity. I recommend the
Prytula Foundation, which provides lifesaving services in Ukraine. It's
only
$8.00 so perhaps Mr. Musk could add a bit more.

> MUSK: I've donated more than $100 million to Ukraine. How much have you
donated?

BURRRRRRRRRRRRN Notice!

He got “Jessied”!!

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<atropos-AA1D12.11275523042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183377&group=rec.arts.tv#183377

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:27:55 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 18:27 UTC

In article
<227301527.703840604.151906.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> TV news for April 15-21

> GALAXY QUEST TV Series In Works at Paramount+ (April 18)

Nice!

> TWILIGHT Series in Early Development at Lionsgate TV (April 19)

Who's going to play the pouty, emotionless girl that everyone is
inexplicably in love with this time?

> BAYWATCH Remake in the Works at Fremantle as Buyers Circle (April 14)

Hopefully they recognize what made the original an international hit:
super-hot women in bikinis having heterosexual sex with good-looking
dudes.

But this is Hollywood, so we're probably going to get lots of gay stuff
and some kind of weird trans-testicle dude demanding to be allowed to
run around in a bikini or something. I've been watching some of the old
eps on Heroes & Icons and I'm constantly saying to myself, "This would
never make it past the PC censors in today's Hollywood," so look for
this new show to crash and burn if it gets greenlit.

Hopefully they actually shoot it here on our beaches instead of going to
Louisiana and pretending it's California like they did with the Hi-Ho
Daddario movie. We haven't had good craft services in the neighborhood
in a long while.

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<atropos-3D3CD7.11330723042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183380&group=rec.arts.tv#183380

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:33:07 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 18:33 UTC

In article
<740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> > THE WHITE LOTUS: Natasha Rothwell to Return as Belinda in Season 3 of HBO
> > Series (April 19)
>
> No hi ho, no show

Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:

"Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<u23u9p$3tuab$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183383&group=rec.arts.tv#183383

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 11:44:10 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 18:44 UTC

On 2023-04-23 18:33:07 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article
> <740777641.703841557.928890.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> THE WHITE LOTUS: Natasha Rothwell to Return as Belinda in Season 3 of HBO
>>> Series (April 19)
>>
>> No hi ho, no show
>
> Hi-Ho is having an identity crisis. Yesterday she tweeted:
>
> "Without my blue checkmark, who even am I?"

Please tell me there was a smiley face or wink-y emoji after that?!...

Re: TV news for April 15-21

<bYD1M.1457274$t5W7.7468@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183448&group=rec.arts.tv#183448

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 18:06:47 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 23:06 UTC

On 4/23/23 4:24 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <atropos-4640DB.12115923042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>,
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <u23u9p$3tuab$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Please tell me there was a smiley face or wink-y emoji after that?!...
>>
>> Everything that charming girl says has a smiley face attached to it.
>> She's just the best. She's the very definition of not taking yourself
>> too seriously.
>

> She's also whip-smart. As you say, the best.

He misspelled "epitome." He's gotten extremely stupid since joining up
with white supremacists.