Man's reach must exceed his grasp, for why else the heavens?

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* April 22-28: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+- Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: April 22-28: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
|`* Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
| `* Re: April 22-28: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
|  `- Re: April 22-28: Robin?s selected programmingIan J. Ball
+- Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selectedAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
|`* Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
| `- Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
`* Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
 `- Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

<2030839923.703841011.123962.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183090&group=rec.arts.tv#183090

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: April 22-28: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:26:48 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 07:26 UTC

April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, April 22

Bury the Bride (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

Bride-to-be June's bachelorette getaway turns deadly when her blood thirsty
fiance and his friends show up to crash the party. Stars Krsy Fox, Scout
Taylor-Compton, Dylan Rourke, Chaz Bono, Lyndsi LaRose, and Cameron
Cowperthwaite. 1 hr 23 min.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21073326/

https://tubitv.com/movies/100001048/bury-the-bride

Chasing the Rains [new] (8 pm, BBC America)

Adjoa Andoh narrates the four-part documentary series that follows an
elephant family, a wild dog pack and a cheetah group as they raise their
young in Kenya and try to survive one of the worst droughts in 20 years.
Also available on AMC+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjaPf6HiSg

Her Fiance's Double Life (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

When Assistant DA Darcy Young is invited to her estranged parents’ country
home to meet her sister’s new fiance, Thomas Schure, she’s already dubious
at the speed of the whirlwind romance, but as Thomas’s suspicious behavior
begins to become increasingly more erratic, Darcy becomes convinced that
Thomas is a danger to her entire family. Olivia Buckle and Jonathan
Stoddard star.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/her-fiances-double-life

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21363128/ [as "Falling for a Killer"]

A Pinch of Portugal (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

When a celebrity chef walks off his show, prep cook Anna must step into the
spotlight and make the show her own, with the help of her Aussie cameraman
and Portuguese location scout. Stars Heather Hemmens and Luke Mitchell.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-pinch-of-portugal

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27244707/

Sunday, April 23

Breaking Girl Code (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Andi has recently moved to a new city to live closer to her boyfriend and
find a job in publishing, but neither work out. To ward off loneliness,
Andi signs up for a friendship app called BFF to meet other local women.
When she matches with Farrah, they immediately hit it off. But as they get
to know each other, Andi finds it odd that all of Farrah’s friends are
young, beautiful, and met her through BFF. After Andi is introduced to
Farrah’s boyfriend, Ethan, she realizes that Ethan is using Farrah to lure
women via BFF. Now, Andi must expose Ethan and protect the other girls
before things take a deadly turn. Stars Katelynn Bennett, Revell Carpenter,
Ignacyo Matynia and Johnny Ramey.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/breaking-girl-code

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21830964/

Sanditon (season 3 and series finale) (9 pm, PBS)

Autopsy: The Last Hours of Robert Reed (special) (9 pm,
Reelz)

Robert skyrocketed to stardom as Mike Brady, America’s favorite father of
‘The Brady Bunch’. Boasting a career that spanned 3 and a half decades
Robert starred in over 100 film and television shows. Brought up in
Oklahoma, Robert gave the farming life a go before deciding his true
passion was acting. After studying as a classical actor, he particularly
loved Shakespeare, Robert caught his first big break on the legal drama
series ‘The Defenders’. The series won 14 Emmys in its four years on the
air and led to Reed signing a development deal with legendary studio
‘Paramount Pictures’. Robert was reluctant when they offered him the father
role, in a new sitcom pilot called ‘The Brady Bunch’ but it was the part of
Mike Brady that catapulted him to stardom. Robert Reed became a household
name, often described as ‘The Dad of America’ and one of the best-known
actors of his generation. Alongside the many Brady sitcom spin-offs Robert
continued to take on more serious acting roles three of which gave him Emmy
nominations. Following breakdowns in his own family relationships Robert
took on The Brady family as though they were his own becoming very close to
them all across the years. But behind Robert’s jovial on-screen image was
an unhappy man who had battled with leading a double life for many years.
Robert’s death at just 59 surprised those around him, it was attributed to
Colon Cancer but shocking press revelations after he died told a different
story. Robert’s public persona was a façade for a myriad of secrets. So why
did one of America’s most treasured actors die so young? And how did he
succumb to such a deadly disease that killed him so quickly? World renowned
forensic pathologist Dr Michael Hunter unravels Robert’s history, lifestyle
and medical past in order to find the answers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Reed

From (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, MGM+)

From unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town that traps all those who
enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and
search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding
forest--including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes
down. 10 episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsxhjSnVw78

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/from/season-2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9813792/

https://www.mgmplus.com/series/from

Amityville: An Origin Story [new] (10 pm, MGM+)

AMITYVILLE: AN ORIGIN STORY tells the story behind the world's most
infamous haunted house tale: the Amityville murders. The project is the
first elevated look at every aspect of this wildly layered story about the
heinous murder of a family of six that became eclipsed by paranormal
controversy. The 1979 blockbuster film, The Amityville Horror, inspired by
the book of the same title by Jay Anson spawned an ever-expanding universe
of movies, books, supernatural theories, and horror superfans. But the mass
murder behind the hauntings - and its alleged ties to organized crime -
left a long trail of questions that have never been fully explored. Rooted
in the dark cultural undercurrents of the 1970s, the series features
firsthand accounts from witnesses, family members, and former investigators
appearing on-camera for the first time. Exclusive archival footage, newly
unearthed images, and stunning original photography are woven together into
the most compelling and comprehensive telling of the Amityville story yet,
taking viewers on a heart-pounding roller coaster ride through the
mythology, factual record, and devastating human toll of this notorious
meta-narrative. Four episodes.

Somebody Somewhere (season 2 premiere) (10:30 pm, HBO)

The critically-acclaimed Bridget Everett-led comedy returns for its second
season. Seven episodes, concluding with a double episode on May 28.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu6KdCS0JCs

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/somebody-somewhere/season-2

Monday, April 24

Perry Mason (season 2 finale) (9 pm, HBO)

Rain Dogs (season 1 finale) (10 pm, HBO)

Tuesday, April 25

Streaming:

Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21609312/

John Mulaney: Baby J (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-7gx99cXo

https://www.netflix.com/title/81619082

Michelle Obama & Oprah Winfrey: The Light We Carry (special)
(3:01 am, Netflix)

On the final tour stop for her 2022 bestseller The Light We Carry, Michelle
Obama unpacks her toolbox for navigating life during uncertain times. She
opens up to good friend Oprah Winfrey for a special event of hearty laughs,
personal stories, hard-won wisdom, and practical advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLiUEnPMaw

https://www.netflix.com/title/81657245

Risqué Business: Japan [new] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Follow comedian and singer duo Shin Dong-youp & Sung Si-kyung as they dive
into adult entertainment in Japan, meeting people from all walks of life to
demystify the "taboo" experience. Korean series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcgqS7TAvdY

https://www.netflix.com/title/81666652

Family Legacy [new] (3:01 am, Paramount+)

A new music series that looks back on the most celebrated moments of
legendary artists -- from Diddy to *NSYNC -- through the eyes of their
kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvk-ijvbQB4

Broadcast and cable:

Lopez vs. Lopez (new time slot) (8:30 pm, NBC)

Moves from Friday at 8 pm for its last three episodes.

Wednesday, April 26

Streaming:

Saint X [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

Alison's (West Duchovny) mysterious death during a family vacation in the
Caribbean continues to affect her younger sister (Alycia Debnam-Carey) 20
years later in Leila Gerstein's adaptation of Alexis Schaitkin's novel of
the same name. Eight episodes, the first three of which are released today,
followed by single weekly episodes through May 31.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

<1287110628.703843065.336810.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183095&group=rec.arts.tv#183095

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 01:21:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 08:21 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 22
>

> Bury the Bride (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

News posted just for Ian

> Bride-to-be June's bachelorette getaway turns deadly when her blood thirsty
> fiance and his friends show up to crash the party. Stars Krsy Fox, Scout
> Taylor-Compton, Dylan Rourke, Chaz Bono, Lyndsi LaRose, and Cameron
> Cowperthwaite. 1 hr 23 min.

There are a lot of funny, metric names in there

> Sunday, April 23

> Monday, April 24

> Tuesday, April 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

Just for Ian

> Michelle Obama & Oprah Winfrey: The Light We Carry (special)
> (3:01 am, Netflix)

NO
NO
and
NO!

> Broadcast and cable:

> Wednesday, April 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> Saint X [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Alison's (West Duchovny)

Ian’s IMDb article says “daughter of Tia Leoni and David Duchovny”

And they gave her a series where half the title is the letter X?

> Wynonna Judd: Between Hell and Hallelujah (documentary)
> (3:01 am, Paramount+)
>
> Follows Wynonna Judd's life as she continues with her next chapter after
> Naomi Judd's passing.

I didn’t even know. But then again, I sort of stopped caring about the
whole Judd family when Ashley went sour.

> Broadcast and cable:

> Thursday, April 27
>

> Streaming:
>

> Firefly Lane (2nd half of final season 2) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)

But will they find serenity

> Sweet Tooth (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A boy who is half human and half deer survives in a post-apocalyptic world
> with other hybrids. Eight episodes?

Weird

> Classmates (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

Just for Ian

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Last Last Late Late Show (special) (10 pm, CBS)
>
> Following this one-hour retrospective/celebration, the actual finale of
> James Corden's The Late Late Show will air tonight at 12:37 am.

Yay!

> Friday, April 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Citadel [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> An ambitious (and extraordinarly expensive) global action-spy series from
> Anthony and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame), Citadel will eventually include
> multiple interconnected series, including an Italian series followed by
> another set in India. The flagship series which launches today with two
> episodes (and has already been renewed for a second season) is set in a
> world eight years after Manticore, a shadowy Illuminati-esque syndicate
> that is attempting to manipulate world events, has brought down Citadel, a
> global independent spy agency that aimed to preserve international order
> and safety. A few Citadel agents managed to escape, their memories wiped,
> but are now reactivated to thwart Manticore's newest plot. Stanley Tucci,
> Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Lesley Manville, and Richard Madden head the cast.
> Six episodes; additional episodes arrive weekly on Fridays through May 26.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4urrj-jT-k
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9794044/

OK, added to my list, but I bet I get bored fast

> Peter Pan & Wendy (movie) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> A streaming exclusive, Disney's new live-action retelling of the Peter Pan
> story—it's both a new adaptation of J.M. Barrie's classic novel and a
> remake of Disney's animated 1953 film Peter Pan—stars Jude Law, Yara
> Shahidi, Jim Gaffigan, Alan Tudyk, and Molly Parker, plus teen actors
> Alexander Molony and Ever Anderson as the titular pair.

Heh, Heh

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: April 22-28: Robin?s selected programming

<7sn74it36geqvdrkshk21scsri7avlk7q4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183098&group=rec.arts.tv#183098

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programming
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 09:35:04 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 13:35 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:26:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 22
>

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Sunday, April 23
>

>From (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, MGM+)
>
>From unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town that traps all those who
>enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and
>search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding
>forest--including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes
>down. 10 episodes.

Glad to see this series make a return. There was a good setup for this
season with the last episode with the man's wife being guided
underground so maybe we will get more information on just what is
behind this strange area.

>Amityville: An Origin Story [new] (10 pm, MGM+)
>
>AMITYVILLE: AN ORIGIN STORY tells the story behind the world's most
>infamous haunted house tale: the Amityville murders. The project is the
>first elevated look at every aspect of this wildly layered story about the
>heinous murder of a family of six that became eclipsed by paranormal
>controversy. The 1979 blockbuster film, The Amityville Horror, inspired by
>the book of the same title by Jay Anson spawned an ever-expanding universe
>of movies, books, supernatural theories, and horror superfans. But the mass
>murder behind the hauntings - and its alleged ties to organized crime -
>left a long trail of questions that have never been fully explored. Rooted
>in the dark cultural undercurrents of the 1970s, the series features
>firsthand accounts from witnesses, family members, and former investigators
>appearing on-camera for the first time. Exclusive archival footage, newly
>unearthed images, and stunning original photography are woven together into
>the most compelling and comprehensive telling of the Amityville story yet,
>taking viewers on a heart-pounding roller coaster ride through the
>mythology, factual record, and devastating human toll of this notorious
>meta-narrative. Four episodes.

There is no haunting but there is a succession of people looking to
make money off the idea that there was a haunting. Instead of a heart
pounding roller coaster of a ride expect a gentle country side drive
through the story of the Amityville house.

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Monday, April 24
>

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Tuesday, April 25
>

> Streaming:
>

>Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
>US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
>to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
>something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?
>
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21609312/

Might be worth watching depending upon the cast.

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Wednesday, April 26
>

> Streaming:
>

>Saint X [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
>Alison's (West Duchovny) mysterious death during a family vacation in the
>Caribbean continues to affect her younger sister (Alycia Debnam-Carey) 20
>years later in Leila Gerstein's adaptation of Alexis Schaitkin's novel of
>the same name. Eight episodes, the first three of which are released today,
>followed by single weekly episodes through May 31.

Damn, we are all getting old.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

>Carol Burnett: 90 Years of Laughter + Love (special)
>(8-10 pm, NBC)
>
>https://finance.yahoo.com/video/carol-burnett-90-years-laughter-233006296.html

Glad to see her still kicking around.

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Thursday, April 27
>

> Streaming:
>

>Sweet Tooth (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
>A boy who is half human and half deer survives in a post-apocalyptic world
>with other hybrids. Eight episodes?

I know this is supposed to be very good (or at least the source
material is) but I've never checked it out. Anyone watched this?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

>*****************************************************************************************
>

> Friday, April 28
>

> Streaming:
>

>Citadel [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
>An ambitious (and extraordinarly expensive) global action-spy series from
>Anthony and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame), Citadel will eventually include
>multiple interconnected series, including an Italian series followed by
>another set in India. The flagship series which launches today with two
>episodes (and has already been renewed for a second season) is set in a
>world eight years after Manticore, a shadowy Illuminati-esque syndicate
>that is attempting to manipulate world events, has brought down Citadel, a
>global independent spy agency that aimed to preserve international order
>and safety. A few Citadel agents managed to escape, their memories wiped,
>but are now reactivated to thwart Manticore's newest plot. Stanley Tucci,
>Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Lesley Manville, and Richard Madden head the cast.
>Six episodes; additional episodes arrive weekly on Fridays through May 26.

It's an interesting idea but the foreign series bother me. Will those
series be necessary to follow the story and will those be in English
or just dubbed or with subtitles? Hopefully the series is written to
be stand alone from the other supposedly interconnected series.

Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

<u21dtc$3dh35$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183143&group=rec.arts.tv#183143

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:52:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:52 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>From (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, MGM+)

I liked this!

>Somebody Somewhere (season 2 premiere) (10:30 pm, HBO)

The second lead died, so I wasn't expect this to go back into
production.

>Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)

>US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
>to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
>something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?

Uh, if the launch code is CPE 1704 TKS, it's a movie reference.

>Carol Burnett: 90 Years of Laughter + Love (special)
>(8-10 pm, NBC)

Still exploiting Carol Burnett, are we?

>Love & Death [new] (3:01 am, HBO Max)

Isn't this a Woody Allen movie?

>David E. Kelley's seven-episode miniseries offers a fictionalized retelling
>of the true-crime story of Texas housewife Candy Montgomery (Elizabeth
>Olsen), who was arrested and tried for the brutal 1980 axe murder of Betty
>Gore (Lily Rabe), the wife of the man (Jesse Plemons) with whom Montgomery
>was having an affair. Patrick Fugit plays Candy's husband Pat. The first
>three episodes stream today, with single episodes following weekly through
>May 25.

Did she give her 40 whacks?

>The Last Last Late Late Show (special) (10 pm, CBS)

>Following this one-hour retrospective/celebration, the actual finale of
>James Corden's The Late Late Show will air tonight at 12:37 am.

Whom did Corden kill?

Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-36CDC7.14051922042023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183155&group=rec.arts.tv#183155

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 14:05:19 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:05 UTC

In article
<2030839923.703841011.123962.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> April 22-28: Robin's selected programming

> From (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, MGM+)
>
> From unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town that traps all those who
> enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and
> search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding
> forest--including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes
> down. 10 episodes.

So the first season of this was on Showtime but now Season 2 is on MGM+?

Godammit.

Am I going to have to add another streamer just to see the resolution to
this show?

> Citadel [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> An ambitious (and extraordinarly expensive) global action-spy series from
> Anthony and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame), Citadel will eventually include
> multiple interconnected series, including an Italian series followed by
> another set in India. The flagship series which launches today with two
> episodes (and has already been renewed for a second season) is set in a
> world eight years after Manticore, a shadowy Illuminati-esque syndicate
> that is attempting to manipulate world events, has brought down Citadel, a
> global independent spy agency that aimed to preserve international order
> and safety. A few Citadel agents managed to escape, their memories wiped,
> but are now reactivated to thwart Manticore's newest plot. Stanley Tucci,
> Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Lesley Manville, and Richard Madden head the cast.
> Six episodes; additional episodes arrive weekly on Fridays through May 26.

But will Priyanka Chopra's incredible hair also be featured?

Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programming

<u21ip7$3e9u5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183160&group=rec.arts.tv#183160

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:15:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:15 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>April 22-28: Robin's selected programming

>>From (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, MGM+)

>>From unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town that traps all those who
>>enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and
>>search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding
>>forest--including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes
>>down. 10 episodes.

>So the first season of this was on Showtime but now Season 2 is on MGM+?

>Godammit.

>Am I going to have to add another streamer just to see the resolution to
>this show?

This was never on Showtime. MGM+ is ePix renamed. I had watched it On
Demand since the episodes were released weeks before they were released
on satellite. I have no idea when streaming viewers saw them, probably
at the same time as On Demand viewers. I haven't looked for second
season yet.

If you had ePix, you've got MGM+.

Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

<u21o9m$3f7fl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183180&group=rec.arts.tv#183180

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 15:49:26 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 22:49 UTC

On 2023-04-22 13:35:04 +0000, shawn said:

> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:26:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Tuesday, April 25
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
>> to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
>> something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?
>>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21609312/
>
> Might be worth watching depending upon the cast.

Plus: Carolyn Hennesy
Minus: Alicia Ziegler

I don't think I know anyone else in the cast.

I checked - this isn't an Asylym deal, but it is from "The Cartel"
(whom I suspect may be an Asylum spinoff operation) and they're
offerings are very hit-or-miss.

Considering the nothing cast, I wouldn't expect much from this one...

>> Thursday, April 27
>>

>> Streaming:
>>
>> Sweet Tooth (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> A boy who is half human and half deer survives in a post-apocalyptic world
>> with other hybrids. Eight episodes?
>
> I know this is supposed to be very good (or at least the source
> material is) but I've never checked it out. Anyone watched this?

I never got to it.

Re: April 22-28: Robin?s selected programming

<6gq84i5o0tjg26rkkq2r8ch8v2g5q20opu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183182&group=rec.arts.tv#183182

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 19:14:13 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:14 UTC

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 15:49:26 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-04-22 13:35:04 +0000, shawn said:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 00:26:48 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Tuesday, April 25
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>

>>> Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>>
>>> US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
>>> to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
>>> something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?
>>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21609312/
>>
>> Might be worth watching depending upon the cast.
>
>Plus: Carolyn Hennesy
>Minus: Alicia Ziegler
>
>I don't think I know anyone else in the cast.
>
>I checked - this isn't an Asylym deal, but it is from "The Cartel"
>(whom I suspect may be an Asylum spinoff operation) and they're
>offerings are very hit-or-miss.

Doesn't seem like if it is this "The Cartel"

The Cartel is a feature film & television production and management
company representing top-tier show runners, show creators, writers,
directors, producers, talent and production companies in film, TV and
new media.

The Cartel represents some of Hollywood's top tier writers, directors,
show creators, show runners, producers, talent, artists, animators,
and production companies. With over 50 years combined experience in
the representation business, the Partners have built an impressive and
celebrated list of creative clients.
https://www.cartelhq.com/services/

>Considering the nothing cast, I wouldn't expect much from this one...
>

>>> Thursday, April 27
>>>

>>> Streaming:
>>>
>>> Sweet Tooth (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>>
>>> A boy who is half human and half deer survives in a post-apocalyptic world
>>> with other hybrids. Eight episodes?
>>
>> I know this is supposed to be very good (or at least the source
>> material is) but I've never checked it out. Anyone watched this?
>
>I never got to it.

Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

<u21poc$3ff02$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183183&group=rec.arts.tv#183183

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:14:20 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:14 UTC

On 2023-04-22 07:26:48 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, April 22
>

> Bury the Bride (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> Bride-to-be June's bachelorette getaway turns deadly when her blood thirsty
> fiance and his friends show up to crash the party. Stars Krsy Fox, Scout
> Taylor-Compton, Dylan Rourke, Chaz Bono, Lyndsi LaRose, and Cameron
> Cowperthwaite. 1 hr 23 min.

OK, I like Taylor-Compton and she plays the bride - I'll get to this at
some point.

> Her Fiance's Double Life (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When Assistant DA Darcy Young is invited to her estranged parents’ country
> home to meet her sister’s new fiance, Thomas Schure, she’s already dubious
> at the speed of the whirlwind romance, but as Thomas’s suspicious behavior
> begins to become increasingly more erratic, Darcy becomes convinced that
> Thomas is a danger to her entire family. Olivia Buckle and Jonathan
> Stoddard star.

Another lowsy blurb written by a dumb intern that Robin found somewhere
- the sister is played by Aubrey Reynolds, who is likely the main draw
(it's why I'm in!!), and she's not even listed!?!

> A Pinch of Portugal (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When a celebrity chef walks off his show, prep cook Anna must step into the
> spotlight and make the show her own, with the help of her Aussie cameraman
> and Portuguese location scout. Stars Heather Hemmens and Luke Mitchell.

Based on the fiery chemistry Mitchell had with his real-life wife on
"Legacies", they need to cast Mitchell and Rebecca Breeds together in a
hott! romance movie, STAT!!

> Sunday, April 23
>

> Breaking Girl Code (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Andi has recently moved to a new city to live closer to her boyfriend and
> find a job in publishing, but neither work out. To ward off loneliness,
> Andi signs up for a friendship app called BFF to meet other local women.
> When she matches with Farrah, they immediately hit it off. But as they get
> to know each other, Andi finds it odd that all of Farrah’s friends are
> young, beautiful, and met her through BFF. After Andi is introduced to
> Farrah’s boyfriend, Ethan, she realizes that Ethan is using Farrah to lure
> women via BFF. Now, Andi must expose Ethan and protect the other girls
> before things take a deadly turn. Stars Katelynn Bennett, Revell Carpenter,
> Ignacyo Matynia and Johnny Ramey.

I'm in for Revell (who plays Farrah)...

> Tuesday, April 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
> to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
> something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?

See my follow-up to shawn...

> John Mulaney: Baby J (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

My buddy is going to see his show live in Vegas this week.

> Wednesday, April 26
>

> Streaming:
>

> Saint X [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Alison's (West Duchovny) mysterious death during a family vacation in the
> Caribbean continues to affect her younger sister (Alycia Debnam-Carey) 20
> years later in Leila Gerstein's adaptation of Alexis Schaitkin's novel of
> the same name. Eight episodes, the first three of which are released today,
> followed by single weekly episodes through May 31.

This is is the kind of thing that if it had aired on a cable channel
during the summer about 7 years ago I would probably have checked it
out.

Now?! - Probably no chance that I get to it...

> Workin' Moms (complete final season 7) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Canadian series; 13 30-minute episodes.

So, they finally wrapped this one up, huh?

> Thursday, April 27
>

> Streaming:
>

> Firefly Lane (2nd half of final season 2) (3:01 am,
> Netflix)
>
> Best friends Tully and Kate support each other through good times and bad
> with an unbreakable bond that carries them from their teens to their 40s.

Another show I never got to...

> Sweet Tooth (complete season 2) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A boy who is half human and half deer survives in a post-apocalyptic world
> with other hybrids. Eight episodes?

Ditto.

> Love & Death [new] (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> David E. Kelley's seven-episode miniseries offers a fictionalized retelling
> of the true-crime story of Texas housewife Candy Montgomery (Elizabeth
> Olsen), who was arrested and tried for the brutal 1980 axe murder of Betty
> Gore (Lily Rabe), the wife of the man (Jesse Plemons) with whom Montgomery
> was having an affair. Patrick Fugit plays Candy's husband Pat. The first
> three episodes stream today, with single episodes following weekly through
> May 25.

As has been pointed out on Reddit, this is virtually a remake of the
earlier "Candy" with Jessica Biel that was released by Hulu...

> Classmates (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> A computer mixup gives two college freshman the chance to swap places but
> things take a turn when the switch puts them both in danger. Stars Anjelica
> Bette Fellini and Kayden Muller-Janssen. 1 hr 26 min. Tubi's website gives
> the release date as April 27, but announcement sites all say April 28.

Anjelica Bette Fellini?! Oh, F**K, yeah, I'm in!
A little disappointed it has comedic elements, though, apparently.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Hidden Murder Island (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Inspired by a true story. When two women are attacked while camping, only
> one makes it out alive, ­saved by a stranger deep in the woods. Now, back at
> her parents’ luxurious island estate and suffering from amnesia, she’ll
> search for answers about what really happened and discover the dark deed
> goes deeper than she could ever have imagined. Stars Andrea Bogart and
> Donny Boaz.

Newcomer Allie Forsberg plays the young woman. This looks over-the-top,
but I'm in.

Hopefully it will turn out that her parents tried to kill her!! ;)

> Friday, April 28
>

> Streaming:
>

> Citadel [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> An ambitious (and extraordinarly expensive) global action-spy series from
> Anthony and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame), Citadel will eventually include
> multiple interconnected series, including an Italian series followed by
> another set in India. The flagship series which launches today with two
> episodes (and has already been renewed for a second season) is set in a
> world eight years after Manticore, a shadowy Illuminati-esque syndicate
> that is attempting to manipulate world events, has brought down Citadel, a
> global independent spy agency that aimed to preserve international order
> and safety. A few Citadel agents managed to escape, their memories wiped,
> but are now reactivated to thwart Manticore's newest plot. Stanley Tucci,
> Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Lesley Manville, and Richard Madden head the cast.
> Six episodes; additional episodes arrive weekly on Fridays through May 26.

I like Madden, but I really have to question Chopra Jonas' involvement
(which makes you immediately question how "seriously" we're supposed to
take it!?!).

Anyway, I will check this out...

> Clock (movie) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> “Clock” is the story of a woman who enrolls in a clinical trial to try and
> fix her seemingly broken biological clock after friends, family, and
> society pressures her to have children. Dianna Agron (“Shiva Baby”,
> forthcoming “Acidman” and “El Elegido”) leads as Ella, with Jay Ali
> (“Carnival Row,” “Daredevil”) as her husband and Saul Rubinek
> (“Unforgiven,” “Frasier”) as her father. Melora Hardin (“The Office,” “The
> Bold Type”) features as the pioneering doctor managing Ella’s treatment. 1h
> 31m.

If this is a horror flick, I'm in!!

> Warner Bros. 100 Years [new; complete documentary miniseries]
> (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> Three episodes.

Please! - It's "Max" now!! ;p

> Peter Pan & Wendy (movie) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> A streaming exclusive, Disney's new live-action retelling of the Peter Pan
> story—it's both a new adaptation of J.M. Barrie's classic novel and a
> remake of Disney's animated 1953 film Peter Pan—stars Jude Law, Yara
> Shahidi, Jim Gaffigan, Alan Tudyk, and Molly Parker, plus teen actors
> Alexander Molony and Ever Anderson as the titular pair. David Lowery (The
> Green Knight) directs from a script that he co-wrote with Toby Halbrooks.
> 1h 46m.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: April 22-28: Robin?s selected programming

<u21rne$3fpaf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183188&group=rec.arts.tv#183188

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 16:47:58 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 22 Apr 2023 23:47 UTC

On 2023-04-22 23:14:13 +0000, shawn said:

> On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 15:49:26 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>> On 2023-04-22 13:35:04 +0000, shawn said:

>>> Might be worth watching depending upon the cast.
>>
>> Plus: Carolyn Hennesy
>> Minus: Alicia Ziegler
>>
>> I don't think I know anyone else in the cast.
>>
>> I checked - this isn't an Asylym deal, but it is from "The Cartel"
>> (whom I suspect may be an Asylum spinoff operation) and they're
>> offerings are very hit-or-miss.
>
> Doesn't seem like if it is this "The Cartel"
>
> The Cartel is a feature film & television production and management
> company representing top-tier show runners, show creators, writers,
> directors, producers, talent and production companies in film, TV and
> new media.
>
> The Cartel represents some of Hollywood's top tier writers, directors,
> show creators, show runners, producers, talent, artists, animators,
> and production companies. With over 50 years combined experience in
> the representation business, the Partners have built an impressive and
> celebrated list of creative clients.
> https://www.cartelhq.com/services/

OK, probably not an Asylum spinoff then.

But the rest of that is boilerplace - they're not "top tier"! They
produce about a quarter to a third of Lifetime's movies!!

>> Considering the nothing cast, I wouldn't expect much from this one...

Re: April 22-28: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-04EAE4.21464622042023@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183200&group=rec.arts.tv#183200

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2023 21:46:47 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 04:46 UTC

In article <u21ip7$3e9u5$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >>April 22-28: Robin's selected programming
>
> >>From (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, MGM+)
>
> >>From unravels the mystery of a nightmarish town that traps all those who
> >>enter. As the unwilling residents fight to keep a sense of normalcy and
> >>search for a way out, they must also survive the threats of the surrounding
> >>forest--including the terrifying creatures that come out when the sun goes
> >>down. 10 episodes.
>
> >So the first season of this was on Showtime but now Season 2 is on MGM+?
>
> >Godammit.
>
> >Am I going to have to add another streamer just to see the resolution to
> >this show?
>
> This was never on Showtime. MGM+ is ePix renamed. I had watched it On
> Demand since the episodes were released weeks before they were released
> on satellite. I have no idea when streaming viewers saw them, probably
> at the same time as On Demand viewers. I haven't looked for second
> season yet.
>
> If you had ePix, you've got MGM+.

Cool. Thanks.

Re: April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming

<u2a2f4$17ftj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183534&group=rec.arts.tv#183534

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 19:32:04 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 02:32 UTC

On 2023-04-22 23:14:20 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2023-04-22 07:26:48 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> April 22-28: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Tuesday, April 25
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Echo Base (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>>
>> US officers are ordered to fire a nuclear missile on American soil. Unable
>> to confirm the order, they must decide if it was a mistake or is there
>> something more sinister at play. Not on the Tubi website. Confirmed?
>
> See my follow-up to shawn...

OK, I am checking right now, and this is not on Tubi...

This - https://www.vitalthrills.com/tubi-april-2023/ - does seem to
indicate that the flick is supposed to be released today.

I'm guessing Tubi changed their minds - they'll either release it on
Friday, or release it later (likely in May)...