Having no talent is no longer enough. -- Gore Vidal

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed

SubjectAuthor
* Jeff Snell’s anchor wench revealedanim8rfsk
`* Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealedAdam H. Kerman
 +* Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealedBTR1701
 |`- Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealedanim8rfsk
 `* Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealedanim8rfsk
  `- Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealedAdam H. Kerman

1
Jeff Snell’s anchor wench revealed

<2026151638.704042561.642527.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183374&group=rec.arts.tv#183374

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Jeff Snell’s anchor wench revealed
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 08:32:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:32 UTC

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-culture/who-hadley-gamble-jeff-shell-controversy-explained-nbc-universal-ceo-ousted-inappropriate-relationship

Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed

<u2arp0$1avdt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183579&group=rec.arts.tv#183579

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 09:44:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 09:44 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-culture/who-hadley-gamble-jeff-shell-controversy-explained-nbc-universal-ceo-ousted-inappropriate-relationship

I read the article. The two had an "inappropriate relationship" which
consisted of a long-term affair over a decade. Someone complained.
Nothing says he harmed her career or did favors for her at her office.
As she was in news and he was on the entertainment side, she didn't even
work for him.

I don't even see why that violates any policies. And what kind of policy
would apply uniquely to him and not in any way to her, since Comcast
appears to be enforcing morality in marriage and nothing else?

Where's the scandal?

Thanks for finding it but I still don't get it.

Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed

<atropos-3B54A8.09160626042023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183641&group=rec.arts.tv#183641

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 09:16:07 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:16 UTC

In article <u2arp0$1avdt$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-culture/who-hadley-gamble-jeff-shell-cont
> >roversy-explained-nbc-universal-ceo-ousted-inappropriate-relationship
>
> I read the article. The two had an "inappropriate relationship" which
> consisted of a long-term affair over a decade. Someone complained.
> Nothing says he harmed her career or did favors for her at her office.
> As she was in news and he was on the entertainment side, she didn't even
> work for him.
>
> I don't even see why that violates any policies. And what kind of policy
> would apply uniquely to him and not in any way to her, since Comcast
> appears to be enforcing morality in marriage and nothing else?

All of which means the relationship is just the excuse for his firing.
The real reason is something else they don't want to make public.

Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed

<806699438.704234335.362264.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183687&group=rec.arts.tv#183687

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:00:03 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 26 Apr 2023 23:00 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-culture/who-hadley-gamble-jeff-shell-controversy-explained-nbc-universal-ceo-ousted-inappropriate-relationship
>
> I read the article. The two had an "inappropriate relationship" which
> consisted of a long-term affair over a decade. Someone complained.
> Nothing says he harmed her career or did favors for her at her office.
> As she was in news and he was on the entertainment side, she didn't even
> work for him.
>
> I don't even see why that violates any policies. And what kind of policy
> would apply uniquely to him and not in any way to her, since Comcast
> appears to be enforcing morality in marriage and nothing else?
>
> Where's the scandal?
>
> Thanks for finding it but I still don't get it.

It could be the marriage thing. But they might also just plain have a rule
that you can’t date subordinates. Kind of like the Navy only leading Harm
and Mac make the sign of the beast with two backs, if they were the same
rank.

Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed

<1133190955.704234410.944179.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183688&group=rec.arts.tv#183688

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 16:00:04 -0700

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <u2arp0$1avdt$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-culture/who-hadley-gamble-jeff-shell-cont
>>> roversy-explained-nbc-universal-ceo-ousted-inappropriate-relationship
>>
>> I read the article. The two had an "inappropriate relationship" which
>> consisted of a long-term affair over a decade. Someone complained.
>> Nothing says he harmed her career or did favors for her at her office.
>> As she was in news and he was on the entertainment side, she didn't even
>> work for him.
>>
>> I don't even see why that violates any policies. And what kind of policy
>> would apply uniquely to him and not in any way to her, since Comcast
>> appears to be enforcing morality in marriage and nothing else?
>
> All of which means the relationship is just the excuse for his firing.
> The real reason is something else they don't want to make public.

Quite possible. Whatever that original complaint was might’ve been
something that you can’t survive and they’re going to find another reason
to fire you no matter what.

Re: Jeff Snell's anchor wench revealed

<u2cpie$1oinb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183731&group=rec.arts.tv#183731

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 03:18:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 03:18 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/pop-culture/who-hadley-gamble-jeff-shell-controversy-explained-nbc-universal-ceo-ousted-inappropriate-relationship

>>I read the article. The two had an "inappropriate relationship" which
>>consisted of a long-term affair over a decade. Someone complained.
>>Nothing says he harmed her career or did favors for her at her office.
>>As she was in news and he was on the entertainment side, she didn't even
>>work for him.

>>I don't even see why that violates any policies. And what kind of policy
>>would apply uniquely to him and not in any way to her, since Comcast
>>appears to be enforcing morality in marriage and nothing else?

>>Where's the scandal?

>>Thanks for finding it but I still don't get it.

>It could be the marriage thing. But they might also just plain have a rule
>that you can't date subordinates. Kind of like the Navy only leading Harm
>and Mac make the sign of the beast with two backs, if they were the same
>rank.

Of course a company shouldn't allow dating subordinates. That would lead
to favoritism or coercision, but she was not his subordinate. Comcast is
enormous. There's no reason to have a dating restriction among workers
in different segments of the company.

As far as a don't screw up your marriage policy, who the hell is the
employer to regulate that?