"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain." -- G. Fitch

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

SubjectAuthor
* Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates forchromebook test
`* Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates formoviePig
 `* Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates forchromebook test
  `* Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates formoviePig
   `* Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates forchromebook test
    +- Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates forchromebook test
    `* Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates formoviePig
     +- Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leaderBTR1701
     `- Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates forchromebook test

1
Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<1f9760cf-885b-4bdf-83fe-fae8fccce3c9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183733&group=rec.arts.tv#183733

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 21:29:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for
Dem leader
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 04:29 UTC

On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 4:05:17 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> Because they KNOW how that would turn out.

Biden Has Held the Fewest News Conferences Since Reagan. Any Questions?
As President Biden prepares to announce his bid for a second term as soon as Tuesday, his decision to keep the news media at arm’s length is part of a deliberate strategy.
Michael D. Shear April 21, 2023
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/biden-public-appearances-media.html

WASHINGTON — In the 100 years since Calvin Coolidge took office, only Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan held as few news conferences each year as the current occupant of the Oval Office.

Traveling in Ireland last week, President Biden abandoned the decades-old tradition of holding a news conference while abroad. On Thursday, President Gustavo Petro of Colombia met with Mr. Biden, but the two did not hold a news conference together, another practice of his predecessors that Mr. Biden has frequently chosen to skip. After the meeting, Mr. Petro took questions from reporters — alone — at microphones in front of the West Wing.

And despite his press secretary pledging that Mr. Biden would “bring transparency and truth back to the government,” in his first two years, the president granted the fewest interviews since Mr. Reagan’s presidency: only 54. (Donald J. Trump gave 202 during the first two years of his presidency; Barack Obama gave 275.)

More than any president in recent memory, Mr. Biden, 80, has taken steps to reduce opportunities for journalists to question him in forums where he can offer unscripted answers and they can follow up. The result, critics say, is a president who has fewer moments of public accountability for his comments, decisions and actions.

Mr. Biden has not accused the news media of being “the enemy of the people,” as his predecessor did during four years in which news organizations documented thousands of lies by Mr. Trump.

But as Mr. Biden prepares to announce his bid for a second term as soon as Tuesday, he is accelerating the demise of traditions that have underpinned the relationship with the news media for decades. The president’s strategy of keeping the press at arm’s length is a bet that he can sidestep those traditions in a new media environment. And it is public evidence that Mr. Biden’s political strategists want to protect him from the unscripted exchanges that have often resulted in missteps and criticism.

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<Dyw2M.355443$jiuc.108334@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183801&group=rec.arts.tv#183801

Dem leader
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 11:30:42 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:30 UTC

On 4/27/2023 12:29 AM, chromebook test wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 4:05:17 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
>> Because they KNOW how that would turn out.
>

> Biden Has Held the Fewest News Conferences Since Reagan. Any Questions?
> As President Biden prepares to announce his bid for a second term as soon as Tuesday, his decision to keep the news media at arm’s length is part of a deliberate strategy.
> Michael D. Shear April 21, 2023
> https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/biden-public-appearances-media.html
>

> WASHINGTON — In the 100 years since Calvin Coolidge took office, only Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan held as few news conferences each year as the current occupant of the Oval Office.
>
> Traveling in Ireland last week, President Biden abandoned the decades-old tradition of holding a news conference while abroad. On Thursday, President Gustavo Petro of Colombia met with Mr. Biden, but the two did not hold a news conference together, another practice of his predecessors that Mr. Biden has frequently chosen to skip. After the meeting, Mr. Petro took questions from reporters — alone — at microphones in front of the West Wing.
>
> And despite his press secretary pledging that Mr. Biden would “bring transparency and truth back to the government,” in his first two years, the president granted the fewest interviews since Mr. Reagan’s presidency: only 54. (Donald J. Trump gave 202 during the first two years of his presidency; Barack Obama gave 275.)
>
> More than any president in recent memory, Mr. Biden, 80, has taken steps to reduce opportunities for journalists to question him in forums where he can offer unscripted answers and they can follow up. The result, critics say, is a president who has fewer moments of public accountability for his comments, decisions and actions.
>
> Mr. Biden has not accused the news media of being “the enemy of the people,” as his predecessor did during four years in which news organizations documented thousands of lies by Mr. Trump.
>
> But as Mr. Biden prepares to announce his bid for a second term as soon as Tuesday, he is accelerating the demise of traditions that have underpinned the relationship with the news media for decades. The president’s strategy of keeping the press at arm’s length is a bet that he can sidestep those traditions in a new media environment. And it is public evidence that Mr. Biden’s political strategists want to protect him from the unscripted exchanges that have often resulted in missteps and criticism.

As much as I enjoy debate fireworks ("Please proceed, Governor) I'm not
sure that important Presidential duties require repartee.

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<3be6455a-f53c-44d8-9ed0-ae4c2ecc9086n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183819&group=rec.arts.tv#183819

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 11:03:54 -0700 (PDT)
Dem leader
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 18:03 UTC

On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 11:30:48 AM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/27/2023 12:29 AM, chromebook test wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 4:05:17 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> >> Because they KNOW how that would turn out.
> >

> > Biden Has Held the Fewest News Conferences Since Reagan. Any Questions?
> > As President Biden prepares to announce his bid for a second term as soon as Tuesday, his decision to keep the news media at arm’s length is part of a deliberate strategy.
> > Michael D. Shear April 21, 2023
> > https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/21/us/politics/biden-public-appearances-media.html
> >

> > WASHINGTON — In the 100 years since Calvin Coolidge took office, only Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan held as few news conferences each year as the current occupant of the Oval Office.
> >
> > Traveling in Ireland last week, President Biden abandoned the decades-old tradition of holding a news conference while abroad. On Thursday, President Gustavo Petro of Colombia met with Mr. Biden, but the two did not hold a news conference together, another practice of his predecessors that Mr. Biden has frequently chosen to skip. After the meeting, Mr. Petro took questions from reporters — alone — at microphones in front of the West Wing.
> >
> > And despite his press secretary pledging that Mr. Biden would “bring transparency and truth back to the government,” in his first two years, the president granted the fewest interviews since Mr. Reagan’s presidency: only 54. (Donald J. Trump gave 202 during the first two years of his presidency; Barack Obama gave 275.)
> >
> > More than any president in recent memory, Mr. Biden, 80, has taken steps to reduce opportunities for journalists to question him in forums where he can offer unscripted answers and they can follow up. The result, critics say, is a president who has fewer moments of public accountability for his comments, decisions and actions.
> >
> > Mr. Biden has not accused the news media of being “the enemy of the people,” as his predecessor did during four years in which news organizations documented thousands of lies by Mr. Trump.
> >
> > But as Mr. Biden prepares to announce his bid for a second term as soon as Tuesday, he is accelerating the demise of traditions that have underpinned the relationship with the news media for decades. The president’s strategy of keeping the press at arm’s length is a bet that he can sidestep those traditions in a new media environment. And it is public evidence that Mr. Biden’s political strategists want to protect him from the unscripted exchanges that have often resulted in missteps and criticism.

> As much as I enjoy debate fireworks ("Please proceed, Governor) I'm not
> sure that important Presidential duties require repartee.

Do you NOT understand the concept of 'transparency' in government? TRANSPARENCY means to be seen, heard and NOT HIDDEN from public view and discourse.

When Biden's staff goes to great lengths to shield the president from being transparent, they have something to hide, the American people need to see.

Apparently the woke crowd can understand every word in the English language with the prefix 'TRANS', except 'TRANSPARENCY"

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<VMz2M.2536209$iU59.1705217@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183821&group=rec.arts.tv#183821

Dem leader
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:10:44 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 19:10 UTC

On 4/27/2023 2:03 PM, chromebook test wrote:
> [...]
>

>> As much as I enjoy debate fireworks ("Please proceed, Governor) I'm not
>> sure that important Presidential duties require repartee.
>

> Do you NOT understand the concept of 'transparency' in government? TRANSPARENCY means to be seen, heard and NOT HIDDEN from public view and discourse.
>
> When Biden's staff goes to great lengths to shield the president from being transparent, they have something to hide, the American people need to see.
>
> Apparently the woke crowd can understand every word in the English language with the prefix 'TRANS', except 'TRANSPARENCY"

Biden's staff may go to great lengths to hide the strawberry birthmark
on his left ass-cheek, to which the public have ho right of
"transparency" despite their undoubted great -- if only momentary --
interest. The question here is whether quick-witted polemical sparring
is a true measure of fitness for the Presidency. And, to the extent
that it's not, a candidate's entitled to shun that particular spotlight.

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<2d5dcfb5-ef27-4751-bdfe-45f4937b3735n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183863&group=rec.arts.tv#183863

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
Dem leader
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 22:26 UTC

On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 3:10:50 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/27/2023 2:03 PM, chromebook test wrote:

> >> As much as I enjoy debate fireworks ("Please proceed, Governor) I'm not
> >> sure that important Presidential duties require repartee.
> >

> > Do you NOT understand the concept of 'transparency' in government? TRANSPARENCY means to be seen, heard and NOT HIDDEN from public view and discourse.
> >
> > When Biden's staff goes to great lengths to shield the president from being transparent, they have something to hide, the American people need to see.
> >
> > Apparently the woke crowd can understand every word in the English language with the prefix 'TRANS', except 'TRANSPARENCY"

> Biden's staff may go to great lengths to hide the strawberry birthmark
> on his left ass-cheek, to which the public have ho right of
> "transparency" despite their undoubted great -- if only momentary --
> interest. The question here is whether quick-witted polemical sparring
> is a true measure of fitness for the Presidency. And, to the extent
> that it's not, a candidate's entitled to shun that particular spotlight.

So you would favor NO political debates whatsoever? Why don't we then forgo the election process all together and let the deep state choose the head of state? John Brennan certainly has done his part to keep Trump non-viable. Even Chuck Schumer warned Trump about agitating the CIA with his "six ways from Sunday" comment.

And if Biden should keel over next week from a bad botox reaction or a brain blood-clot, should his staff remain silent as they shove a pole up his ass and prop him in front of a remote teleprompter?

(Maybe Brennan could find a way to AI maneuver Biden's lips. From Langley VA, Brennen at the control console::: My fellow Americans, read my lips, I am being transparent when I say I had nothing to do with blowing-up the Nordstom 2 pipeline. And neither did Victoria Nuland)

At what point does the president's mental-acuity factor into his decision making ability to decide the direction he wants to steer the country? Or which country to bomb, or when to activate the nuclear football?

Unfortunately we will have to debate these issues by ourselves, because Joe Biden is busy at the moment and can't come to the phone, without a prepared script.

------------

Why Biden is dangerous to the security state without a prepared statement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=OS4O8rGRLf8

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<4ed296cd-c9cf-4be7-aabd-634638fb8630n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183864&group=rec.arts.tv#183864

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:44:45 -0700 (PDT)
Dem leader
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 22:44 UTC

On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 6:26:18 PM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
> On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 3:10:50 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:

> > > Do you NOT understand the concept of 'transparency' in government? TRANSPARENCY means to be seen, heard and NOT HIDDEN from public view and discourse.
> > >
> > > When Biden's staff goes to great lengths to shield the president from being transparent, they have something to hide, the American people need to see.
> > >
> > > Apparently the woke crowd can understand every word in the English language with the prefix 'TRANS', except 'TRANSPARENCY"
>

> > Biden's staff may go to great lengths to hide the strawberry birthmark
> > on his left ass-cheek, to which the public have ho right of
> > "transparency" despite their undoubted great -- if only momentary --
> > interest. The question here is whether quick-witted polemical sparring
> > is a true measure of fitness for the Presidency. And, to the extent
> > that it's not, a candidate's entitled to shun that particular spotlight..
> So you would favor NO political debates whatsoever? Why don't we then forgo the election process all together and let the deep state choose the head of state? John Brennan certainly has done his part to keep Trump non-viable. Even Chuck Schumer warned Trump about agitating the CIA with his "six ways from Sunday" comment.
>
> And if Biden should keel over next week from a bad botox reaction or a brain blood-clot, should his staff remain silent as they shove a pole up his ass and prop him in front of a remote teleprompter?
>
> (Maybe Brennan could find a way to AI maneuver Biden's lips. From Langley VA, Brennen at the control console::: My fellow Americans, read my lips, I am being transparent when I say I had nothing to do with blowing-up the Nordstom 2 pipeline. And neither did Victoria Nuland)
>
> At what point does the president's mental-acuity factor into his decision making ability to decide the direction he wants to steer the country? Or which country to bomb, or when to activate the nuclear football?
>
> Unfortunately we will have to debate these issues by ourselves, because Joe Biden is busy at the moment and can't come to the phone, without a prepared script.
>

> Why Biden is dangerous to the security state without a prepared statement:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=OS4O8rGRLf8

loose lips sink ships ....and blow up pipelines

Joe Biden's Staff: "Give him something to stick in his mouth so he doesn't talk"

https://www.google.com/search?q=joe+biden+ice+cream&rlz=1CAPFDC_enUS962&sxsrf=APwXEdeC-TZfk0EelsSJYHLHmYUFpRcpTQ:1682635309314&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjasZf_kMv-AhUsMDQIHWUoBAwQ0pQJegQIBhAG&biw=1536&bih=746&dpr=1.25

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<WdD2M.272419$5jd8.267957@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183867&group=rec.arts.tv#183867

Dem leader
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 19:06:29 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:06 UTC

On 4/27/2023 6:26 PM, chromebook test wrote:
> On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 3:10:50 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:

>>> Do you NOT understand the concept of 'transparency' in government? TRANSPARENCY means to be seen, heard and NOT HIDDEN from public view and discourse.
>>>
>>> When Biden's staff goes to great lengths to shield the president from being transparent, they have something to hide, the American people need to see.
>>>
>>> Apparently the woke crowd can understand every word in the English language with the prefix 'TRANS', except 'TRANSPARENCY"
>

>> Biden's staff may go to great lengths to hide the strawberry birthmark
>> on his left ass-cheek, to which the public have ho right of
>> "transparency" despite their undoubted great -- if only momentary --
>> interest. The question here is whether quick-witted polemical sparring
>> is a true measure of fitness for the Presidency. And, to the extent
>> that it's not, a candidate's entitled to shun that particular spotlight.
>

> So you would favor NO political debates whatsoever? Why don't we then forgo the election process all together and let the deep state choose the head of state? John Brennan certainly has done his part to keep Trump non-viable. Even Chuck Schumer warned Trump about agitating the CIA with his "six ways from Sunday" comment.
>
> And if Biden should keel over next week from a bad botox reaction or a brain blood-clot, should his staff remain silent as they shove a pole up his ass and prop him in front of a remote teleprompter?
>
> (Maybe Brennan could find a way to AI maneuver Biden's lips. From Langley VA, Brennen at the control console::: My fellow Americans, read my lips, I am being transparent when I say I had nothing to do with blowing-up the Nordstom 2 pipeline. And neither did Victoria Nuland)
>
> At what point does the president's mental-acuity factor into his decision making ability to decide the direction he wants to steer the country? Or which country to bomb, or when to activate the nuclear football?
>
> Unfortunately we will have to debate these issues by ourselves, because Joe Biden is busy at the moment and can't come to the phone, without a prepared script.

No, I don't "favor" no debates. But I understand why Biden wouldn't in
this instance ...and, in particular, I dismiss the self-righteous calls
for them from biased parties who themselves have no real interest in
"furthering democracy".

If you're proposing debates as some sort of mental-acuity test, I
suggest they're poor evidence of potential Presidential effectiveness.
You should be able to determine from his various public appearances
whether Biden is still able to tie his own shoes ...and capacity beyond
that we can put on our wish-list, but not necessarily at the top.

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<ujednWrWgdZUndb5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183869&group=rec.arts.tv#183869

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:10:01 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:10 UTC

On Apr 27, 2023 at 4:06:29 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 4/27/2023 6:26 PM, chromebook test wrote:
>>
>> So you would favor NO political debates whatsoever? Why don't we then forgo
>> the election process all together and let the deep state choose the head of
>> state? John Brennan certainly has done his part to keep Trump non-viable.
>> Even Chuck Schumer warned Trump about agitating the CIA with his "six ways
>> from Sunday" comment.
>>
>> And if Biden should keel over next week from a bad botox reaction or a
>> brain blood-clot, should his staff remain silent as they shove a pole up his
>> ass and prop him in front of a remote teleprompter?
>>
>> (Maybe Brennan could find a way to AI maneuver Biden's lips. From Langley
>> VA, Brennen at the control console::: My fellow Americans, read my lips, I
>> am being transparent when I say I had nothing to do with blowing-up the
>> Nordstom 2 pipeline. And neither did Victoria Nuland)
>>
>> At what point does the president's mental-acuity factor into his decision
>> making ability to decide the direction he wants to steer the country? Or
>> which country to bomb, or when to activate the nuclear football?
>>
>> Unfortunately we will have to debate these issues by ourselves, because Joe
>> Biden is busy at the moment and can't come to the phone, without a prepared
>> script.
>
> No, I don't "favor" no debates. But I understand why Biden wouldn't in
> this instance ...and, in particular, I dismiss the self-righteous calls
> for them from biased parties who themselves have no real interest in
> "furthering democracy".
>
> If you're proposing debates as some sort of mental-acuity test, I
> suggest they're poor evidence of potential Presidential effectiveness.
> You should be able to determine from his various public appearances
> whether Biden is still able to tie his own shoes

You mean his carefully stage-managed public appearances where even then he has
no idea where he's going half the time?

Re: DNC won't allow debates between Biden and other candidates for Dem leader

<32dd6838-d4df-49a7-83e2-1fc89b491d05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183873&group=rec.arts.tv#183873

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 16:27:16 -0700 (PDT)
Dem leader
From: chromium...@gmail.com (chromebook test)
 by: chromebook test - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 23:27 UTC

On Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 7:06:35 PM UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/27/2023 6:26 PM, chromebook test wrote:

> >> Biden's staff may go to great lengths to hide the strawberry birthmark
> >> on his left ass-cheek, to which the public have ho right of
> >> "transparency" despite their undoubted great -- if only momentary --
> >> interest. The question here is whether quick-witted polemical sparring
> >> is a true measure of fitness for the Presidency. And, to the extent
> >> that it's not, a candidate's entitled to shun that particular spotlight.
> >

> > So you would favor NO political debates whatsoever? Why don't we then forgo the election process all together and let the deep state choose the head of state? John Brennan certainly has done his part to keep Trump non-viable. Even Chuck Schumer warned Trump about agitating the CIA with his "six ways from Sunday" comment.
> >
> > And if Biden should keel over next week from a bad botox reaction or a brain blood-clot, should his staff remain silent as they shove a pole up his ass and prop him in front of a remote teleprompter?
> >
> > (Maybe Brennan could find a way to AI maneuver Biden's lips. From Langley VA, Brennen at the control console::: My fellow Americans, read my lips, I am being transparent when I say I had nothing to do with blowing-up the Nordstom 2 pipeline. And neither did Victoria Nuland)
> >
> > At what point does the president's mental-acuity factor into his decision making ability to decide the direction he wants to steer the country? Or which country to bomb, or when to activate the nuclear football?
> >
> > Unfortunately we will have to debate these issues by ourselves, because Joe Biden is busy at the moment and can't come to the phone, without a prepared script.
> No, I don't "favor" no debates. But I understand why Biden wouldn't in
> this instance ...and, in particular, I dismiss the self-righteous calls
> for them from biased parties who themselves have no real interest in
> "furthering democracy".
> If you're proposing debates as some sort of mental-acuity test, I
> suggest they're poor evidence of potential Presidential effectiveness.

> You should be able to determine from his various public appearances
> whether Biden is still able to tie his own shoes ...and capacity beyond
> that we can put on our wish-list, but not necessarily at the top.

Tying his shoe is a fairly easy task for Biden, especially when he is already sitting on the ground after falling off his bicycle. (on multiple occasions, after tripping over the dig, and stumbling up the steps of Air Force One)

Thank gawd Biden was wearing his bike helmet, or Madam President would already have entered the American lexicon, along with a whole *staff* of new script writers.