The makers may make and the users may use, but the fixers must fix with but minimal clues

arts / rec.arts.tv / Trump political ad

SubjectAuthor
* Trump political adTomBenton
+- Re: Trump political adsuper70s
`* Re: Trump political adBill Idgerant
 +* Re: Trump political admoviePig
 |+- Re: Trump political adtrotsky
 |`- Re: Trump political adThe Horny Goat
 +- Re: Trump political adshawn
 `- Re: Trump political adtrotsky

1
Trump political ad

<ts8n4ipqrth2dcaso581h7r6mqhinng54f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183929&group=rec.arts.tv#183929

From: TomBen...@agent.com
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Trump political ad
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 06:58:15 -0400
 by: TomBen...@agent.com - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:58 UTC

Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.

Tom Benton

There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.

Re: Trump political ad

<super70s-ED14A6.06535928042023@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183944&group=rec.arts.tv#183944

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Trump political ad
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 06:53:59 -0500
 by: super70s - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 11:53 UTC

In article <ts8n4ipqrth2dcaso581h7r6mqhinng54f@4ax.com>,
TomBenton@agent.com wrote:

> Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
> run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
> dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
> the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
> take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.
>

> Tom Benton
>
> There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.

And then there's the other Trump ad of the "American dystopia" under
Biden. The only thing missing is "It was a dark and stormy night..." at
the beginning.

Re: Trump political ad

<KZQ2M.1716778$Tcw8.584767@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183954&group=rec.arts.tv#183954

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Non...@fake.net (Bill Idgerant)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:44:58 -0600
 by: Bill Idgerant - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 14:44 UTC

On 2023-04-28 4:58 a.m., TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
> Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
> run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
> dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
> the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
> take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.
>

> Tom Benton
>
> There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.

I've spent the majority of my adult life in broadcasting, politics and
advertising and I cannot for the life of me understand what the point of
that ad is. How in the world will that messaging add one single voter to
Trump's cause? How does it improve Trump's chances of securing the
nomination he so desires? How does it present the case for choosing
Trump over any other candidate, either in the primary or in the general?
The overwhelming message I get is that people have donated so much money
to Trump that he can throw millions of it away in meaningless squabbles
with rivals.
--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Re: Trump political ad

<xcR2M.17286$qjm2.12534@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183956&group=rec.arts.tv#183956

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 11:00:43 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 15:00 UTC

On 4/28/2023 10:44 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> On 2023-04-28 4:58 a.m., TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
>> Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
>> run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
>> dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
>> the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
>> take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.
>>

>> Tom Benton
>>
>> There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.
>
> I've spent the majority of my adult life in broadcasting, politics and
> advertising and I cannot for the life of me understand what the point of
> that ad is. How in the world will that messaging add one single voter to
> Trump's cause? How does it improve Trump's chances of securing the
> nomination he so desires? How does it present the case for choosing
> Trump over any other candidate, either in the primary or in the general?
> The overwhelming message I get is that people have donated so much money
> to Trump that he can throw millions of it away in meaningless squabbles
> with rivals.

People worship Trump as their agent of noisy chaos, an image that's
enhanced by anything he does that's unexpected.

Re: Trump political ad

<2ktn4i1rg0b7p74l1n14g117ptn417s03g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183969&group=rec.arts.tv#183969

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:39:48 -0400
 by: shawn - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 16:39 UTC

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:44:58 -0600, Bill Idgerant <Noname@fake.net>
wrote:

>On 2023-04-28 4:58 a.m., TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
>> Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
>> run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
>> dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
>> the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
>> take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.
>>

>> Tom Benton
>>
>> There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.
>
>I've spent the majority of my adult life in broadcasting, politics and
>advertising and I cannot for the life of me understand what the point of
>that ad is. How in the world will that messaging add one single voter to
>Trump's cause? How does it improve Trump's chances of securing the
>nomination he so desires? How does it present the case for choosing
>Trump over any other candidate, either in the primary or in the general?
>The overwhelming message I get is that people have donated so much money
>to Trump that he can throw millions of it away in meaningless squabbles
>with rivals.

You are assuming that all that Trump does is focused on what is the
best strategy to win the nomination. He's much more petty than that
and yes, he does get donated enough money to throw away millions on
petty ads that do more to attack others than to help him win.

Re: Trump political ad

<DTW2M.19006$qjm2.8774@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184012&group=rec.arts.tv#184012

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 16:28:02 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 21:28 UTC

On 4/28/23 9:44 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> On 2023-04-28 4:58 a.m., TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
>> Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
>> run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
>> dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
>> the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
>> take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.
>>

>> Tom Benton
>>
>> There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.
>
> I've spent the majority of my adult life in broadcasting, politics and
> advertising and I cannot for the life of me understand what the point of
> that ad is. How in the world will that messaging add one single voter to
> Trump's cause? How does it improve Trump's chances of securing the
> nomination he so desires? How does it present the case for choosing
> Trump over any other candidate, either in the primary or in the general?
> The overwhelming message I get is that people have donated so much money
> to Trump that he can throw millions of it away in meaningless squabbles
> with rivals.

Seriously? The first thing he does with any monies is embezzle them.
Even with charities.

Re: Trump political ad

<IYW2M.2542459$9sn9.551659@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184014&group=rec.arts.tv#184014

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 16:33:28 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 21:33 UTC

On 4/28/23 10:00 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 4/28/2023 10:44 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
>> On 2023-04-28 4:58 a.m., TomBenton@agent.com wrote:
>>> Today I saw a Trump political ad that said that DeSantis only won his
>>> run a governor because of Trump's endorsement and now DeSantis is
>>> dissing him. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it sounds like
>>> the first shot in "if you don't nominate me, I am going to go home and
>>> take my toys with me." This would ensure a Biden second term.
>>>

>>> Tom Benton
>>>
>>> There are good days and there are bad days, and this is one of them.
>>
>> I've spent the majority of my adult life in broadcasting, politics and
>> advertising and I cannot for the life of me understand what the point
>> of that ad is. How in the world will that messaging add one single
>> voter to Trump's cause? How does it improve Trump's chances of
>> securing the nomination he so desires? How does it present the case
>> for choosing Trump over any other candidate, either in the primary or
>> in the general? The overwhelming message I get is that people have
>> donated so much money to Trump that he can throw millions of it away
>> in meaningless squabbles with rivals.
>
> People worship Trump as their agent of noisy chaos, an image that's
> enhanced by anything he does that's unexpected.

Noisy Chaos would make a good name for a band.

Re: Trump political ad

<fkto4ih2nroqtd2fp7lnbk2qhd7h3um021@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184046&group=rec.arts.tv#184046

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 18:47:04 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 01:47 UTC

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 11:00:43 -0400, moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>> I've spent the majority of my adult life in broadcasting, politics and
>> advertising and I cannot for the life of me understand what the point of
>> that ad is. How in the world will that messaging add one single voter to
>> Trump's cause? How does it improve Trump's chances of securing the
>> nomination he so desires? How does it present the case for choosing
>> Trump over any other candidate, either in the primary or in the general?
>> The overwhelming message I get is that people have donated so much money
>> to Trump that he can throw millions of it away in meaningless squabbles
>> with rivals.
>
>People worship Trump as their agent of noisy chaos, an image that's
>enhanced by anything he does that's unexpected.

The best possible situation for the GOP is that they do nothing and
count on enough people wondering "Can he win? Uh I dunnoboutdat" and
vote accordingly.

The worst is of course that they ask the same question and give the
other answer

Bottom line is a candidate has to somewhat bring people together - and
if too many go "Om my gawd!" then he/she hasn't done that and the
party suffers.