Patience is the best remedy for every trouble. -- Titus Maccius Plautus

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Woman who Emmett Till whistled at is dead

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Woman who Emmett Till whistled at is deadmoviePig
`- Re: Woman who Emmett Till whistled at is deadtrotsky

1
Re: Woman who Emmett Till whistled at is dead

<URB2M.2531537$9sn9.817954@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183849&group=rec.arts.tv#183849

Subject: Re: Woman who Emmett Till whistled at is dead
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 17:32:35 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 27 Apr 2023 21:32 UTC

On 4/27/2023 4:12 PM, RichA wrote:

> She was quite attractive, it's highly likely Till whistled at her.
> Before you get all hot and bothered that he was lynched for it,
> did you know in some parts of Europe now, you can be JAILED
> for sexual harassment for whistling at a woman?
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/27/us/carolyn-bryant-donham-emmett-till/index.html

Some women like the whistling, and some don't ...as with any uninvited
sexual advance. But whether Till whistled is irrelevant to his lynching.

Re: Woman who Emmett Till whistled at is dead

<45O2M.2549454$iU59.2367340@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183936&group=rec.arts.tv#183936

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 06:27:59 -0500
 by: trotsky - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 11:27 UTC

On 4/28/23 3:14 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 April 2023 at 17:32:41 UTC-4, moviePig wrote:
>> On 4/27/2023 4:12 PM, RichA wrote:
>>>
>>> She was quite attractive, it's highly likely Till whistled at her.
>>> Before you get all hot and bothered that he was lynched for it,
>>> did you know in some parts of Europe now, you can be JAILED
>>> for sexual harassment for whistling at a woman?
>>>
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/27/us/carolyn-bryant-donham-emmett-till/index.html
>> Some women like the whistling, and some don't ...as with any uninvited
>> sexual advance. But whether Till whistled is irrelevant to his lynching.
>
> Not then it wasn't, obviously. It's like the movie, "Unforgiven" where a prostitute's face is cut-up by a man. It was ridiculous that he continued to walk around, because at the time, the man would have been strung up as soon as the news came out. Always remember the historical context.

Life isn't a movie you psychotic cunt.