Culture is the habit of being pleased with the best and knowing why.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Thanks

SubjectAuthor
* ThanksEdward Rochester Esq.
`* Re: ThanksAsh Wurthing
 `* Re: ThanksSpam-I-Am
  `- Re: ThanksSpam-I-Am

1
Thanks

<cedb0b12-8222-4ffc-86f3-aacfaa461138n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=183999&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#183999

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 06:49:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Thanks
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 14:49 UTC

Thanks

Thanksgiving Day has passed and yet
evil still escapes from smoking barrels
and foolish tongues.

So, we've scarfed down butchered turkeys
and ate pies and drank gallons of wine
and hear someone named YE plans to run
in '24 and just now, the TV interviewed a man
who said Trump is still President and still uses
Air Force One, completely confused
as to what time it is or if it is day or night.

Thanksgiving Day and we all gather and bitch
about the cost of everything and we see the dead babies
Putin has decided should not live another day
as scraps are scraped into plastic bags
for tomorrow is pick-up day, the bottles on Monday.

The games went on, large men tossing balls
for huge salaries and I look to see if I have enough
in quarters to do the laundry in the morning
where most sit and watch the spin dry, mesmerized
after their day of thanks.

Soon Santa will knock, no more down the chimney,
as that special doorbell will show who and what is at the door,
with strong lights illuminating the shrubs as a cat takes
an evening stroll or shit -- Tiny Tim a faraway memory
and even Laurel and hardy was colorized, snatching a bit of their
brilliance and through it all, I'm thankful my eyes opened
once again, for there is too much yet to see. before
the deep sleep.

Edward Rochester Esq.

Re: Thanks

<b4c53757-fa62-4e70-be47-46860bfb7c99n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184001&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#184001

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 08:26:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Thanks
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 16:26 UTC

On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 9:49:23 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Thanksgiving Day has passed and yet
> evil still escapes from smoking barrels
> and foolish tongues.
>
> So, we've scarfed down butchered turkeys
> and ate pies and drank gallons of wine
> and hear someone named YE plans to run
> in '24 and just now, the TV interviewed a man
> who said Trump is still President and still uses
> Air Force One, completely confused
> as to what time it is or if it is day or night.
>
> Thanksgiving Day and we all gather and bitch
> about the cost of everything and we see the dead babies
> Putin has decided should not live another day
> as scraps are scraped into plastic bags
> for tomorrow is pick-up day, the bottles on Monday.
>
> The games went on, large men tossing balls
> for huge salaries and I look to see if I have enough
> in quarters to do the laundry in the morning
> where most sit and watch the spin dry, mesmerized
> after their day of thanks.
>
> Soon Santa will knock, no more down the chimney,
> as that special doorbell will show who and what is at the door,
> with strong lights illuminating the shrubs as a cat takes
> an evening stroll or shit -- Tiny Tim a faraway memory
> and even Laurel and hardy was colorized, snatching a bit of their
> brilliance and through it all, I'm thankful my eyes opened
> once again, for there is too much yet to see. before
> the deep sleep.
>
> Edward Rochester Esq.

I am thankful to report that there were not giving thanks faux pas, no fumbling follies, no food related fatalities...
At least here. I haven't looked out my window yet. And we're on a news blackout for Black Friday-- watching the Shopping Gladiatorial Bowl was getting old...

Re: Thanks

<158eb579-f0cb-40b2-8323-45b5bccd7e6dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184005&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#184005

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 10:23:06 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:23 UTC

On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 11:26:18 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 9:49:23 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> > Thanks
> >
> > Thanksgiving Day has passed and yet
> > evil still escapes from smoking barrels
> > and foolish tongues.
> >
> > So, we've scarfed down butchered turkeys
> > and ate pies and drank gallons of wine
> > and hear someone named YE plans to run
> > in '24 and just now, the TV interviewed a man
> > who said Trump is still President and still uses
> > Air Force One, completely confused
> > as to what time it is or if it is day or night.
> >
> > Thanksgiving Day and we all gather and bitch
> > about the cost of everything and we see the dead babies
> > Putin has decided should not live another day
> > as scraps are scraped into plastic bags
> > for tomorrow is pick-up day, the bottles on Monday.
> >
> > The games went on, large men tossing balls
> > for huge salaries and I look to see if I have enough
> > in quarters to do the laundry in the morning
> > where most sit and watch the spin dry, mesmerized
> > after their day of thanks.
> >
> > Soon Santa will knock, no more down the chimney,
> > as that special doorbell will show who and what is at the door,
> > with strong lights illuminating the shrubs as a cat takes
> > an evening stroll or shit -- Tiny Tim a faraway memory
> > and even Laurel and hardy was colorized, snatching a bit of their
> > brilliance and through it all, I'm thankful my eyes opened
> > once again, for there is too much yet to see. before
> > the deep sleep.
> >
> > Edward Rochester Esq.
> I am thankful to report that there were not giving thanks faux pas, no fumbling follies, no food related fatalities...
> At least here. I haven't looked out my window yet. And we're on a news blackout for Black Friday-- watching the Shopping Gladiatorial Bowl was getting old...

I am thankful for bicarbonate of soda. Urp.

Re: Thanks

<51455f50-926a-42b5-b938-056de9cbdef5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184036&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#184036

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 04:11:16 -0800 (PST)
From: hieronym...@gmail.com (Spam-I-Am)
 by: Spam-I-Am - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 12:11 UTC

On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 1:23:07 PM UTC-5, Spam-I-Am wrote:
> On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 11:26:18 AM UTC-5, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> > On Friday, November 25, 2022 at 9:49:23 AM UTC-5, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Thanksgiving Day has passed and yet
> > > evil still escapes from smoking barrels
> > > and foolish tongues.
> > >
> > > So, we've scarfed down butchered turkeys
> > > and ate pies and drank gallons of wine
> > > and hear someone named YE plans to run
> > > in '24 and just now, the TV interviewed a man
> > > who said Trump is still President and still uses
> > > Air Force One, completely confused
> > > as to what time it is or if it is day or night.
> > >
> > > Thanksgiving Day and we all gather and bitch
> > > about the cost of everything and we see the dead babies
> > > Putin has decided should not live another day
> > > as scraps are scraped into plastic bags
> > > for tomorrow is pick-up day, the bottles on Monday.
> > >
> > > The games went on, large men tossing balls
> > > for huge salaries and I look to see if I have enough
> > > in quarters to do the laundry in the morning
> > > where most sit and watch the spin dry, mesmerized
> > > after their day of thanks.
> > >
> > > Soon Santa will knock, no more down the chimney,
> > > as that special doorbell will show who and what is at the door,
> > > with strong lights illuminating the shrubs as a cat takes
> > > an evening stroll or shit -- Tiny Tim a faraway memory
> > > and even Laurel and hardy was colorized, snatching a bit of their
> > > brilliance and through it all, I'm thankful my eyes opened
> > > once again, for there is too much yet to see. before
> > > the deep sleep.
> > >
> > > Edward Rochester Esq.
> > I am thankful to report that there were not giving thanks faux pas, no fumbling follies, no food related fatalities...
> > At least here. I haven't looked out my window yet. And we're on a news blackout for Black Friday-- watching the Shopping Gladiatorial Bowl was getting old...
> I am thankful for bicarbonate of soda. Urp.

Thanks

I’m thankful for that which provides one relief
from all their discomforts, their pains and their grief.
I’m thankful for that which provides one contentment.
It’s that which allows one relief from resentment.

I’m thankful for that which popped into my head
prompting me to write everything you’ve just read.
I’m thankful for whatever it is that dogs and cats do
to provide companionship. I’m thankful for that too.