"It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!BTR1701
`* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!anim8rfsk
 +- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!anim8rfsk
 +* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!Rhino2
 |+* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!A Friend
 ||+* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!Adam H. Kerman
 |||+- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!anim8rfsk
 |||+- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!Nyssa
 |||`* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!Rhino2
 ||| `- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!anim8rfsk
 ||`* Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!trotsky
 || `- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!moviePig
 |`- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!anim8rfsk
 `- Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!Adam H. Kerman

1
Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<P1SdnaUa49Ay7NH5nZ2dnZfqnPVh4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184038&group=rec.arts.tv#184038

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 01:23:59 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 01:23 UTC

On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:13:14 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> He was on Star Trek. He played John Gill, the guy who decided to run an
> alien world like the Third Reich but was then kept as a drugged-to-the-gills
> puppet by his second in command. It explains SO much about Biden's
> behaviour.

Was there a guy who posted to the Ekosian version of Usenet with the screen
name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<1741531710.704426559.248694.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184052&group=rec.arts.tv#184052

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 19:11:32 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 02:11 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:13:14 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> He was on Star Trek. He played John Gill, the guy who decided to run an
> alien world like the Third Reich but was then kept as a drugged-to-the-gills
> puppet by his second in command. It explains SO much about Biden's
> behaviour.
>
> Was there a guy who posted to the Ekosian version of Usenet with the screen
name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?

Who will be the hot blonde who quits show business because they made her
wear a swastika?

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<1819814514.704431404.000763.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184059&group=rec.arts.tv#184059

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:25:42 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 03:25 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 28 April 2023 at 22:11:36 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>>> alien world like the Third Reich but was then kept as a drugged-to-the-gills
>>> puppet by his second in command. It explains SO much about Biden's
>>> behaviour.
>>>
>>> Was there a guy who posted to the Ekosian version of Usenet with the screen
>> name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?
>>>
>> Who will be the hot blonde who quits show business because they made her
>> wear a swastika?
>>

> Very hot. Too bad. But her real name was Baum so I get it.
> She could have turned the role down.

I never knew that, but IanDB confirms.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<8978ef90-b36c-4b84-b586-e45a116d39b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184062&group=rec.arts.tv#184062

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 04:47:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:47 UTC

On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 10:58:27 PM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 28 April 2023 at 22:11:36 UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> > > alien world like the Third Reich but was then kept as a drugged-to-the-gills
> > > puppet by his second in command. It explains SO much about Biden's
> > > behaviour.
> > >
> > > Was there a guy who posted to the Ekosian version of Usenet with the screen
> > name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?
> > >
> > Who will be the hot blonde who quits show business because they made her
> > wear a swastika?
> >
> Very hot. Too bad. But her real name was Baum so I get it.
> She could have turned the role down.

For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that episode and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are personally distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one that was the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi.. He wasn't even German, he was Swiss.

Also, I would be VERY surprised if Baum is an exclusively Jewish surname. The word "baum" is simply German for "tree". Just for the hell of it, I went to Wikipedia just now and searched for articles about "Baum". Among the articles I found was one for L. Frank Baum, the author of the Wizard of Oz, and he turns out to have been a Methodist. I also found one about Otto Baum who was a senior commander in the German Army during WW II so I think it's reasonable to assume that he was not Jewish.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<u2j923$2vnhv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184073&group=rec.arts.tv#184073

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:19:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:19 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:13:14 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>He was on Star Trek. He played John Gill, the guy who decided to run an alien world like the Third Reich but was then kept as a drugged-to-the-gills puppet by his second in command. It explains SO much about Biden's behaviour.

>>Was there a guy who posted to the Ekosian version of Usenet with the
>>screen name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?

>Who will be the hot blonde who quits show business because they made her
>wear a swastika?

Another prominent example of actors wearing Nazi uniforms who were
personally hostile to Nazism in addition to the one Rhino provided is
To Be or Not To Be (1942), the Ernst Lubitsch-directed comedy (but not
written by Samson Raphaelson) that starred Carole Lombard (who died in a
plane crash after production but before it was released) and Jack Benny. It
was a comedy about a Polish theater troupe forced to impersonate Nazis to
thwart their evil plans during the Polish occupation. Some in the troupe
were Jewish (but not the Jack Benny character). Famously, Jack Benny's
father walked out of the theater at the premiere when he saw his son in
Nazi uniform and had to be calmed down when Jack explained that it was
farce. His father would then see the movie dozens of times.

During WWII and after, the most evil Nazis in Hollywood movies were
either portrayed by Jews or anti-Nazi Jewish sympathizers, determined to
make Nazis as unsympathetic as possible. They were motivated to do so.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<290420231114201465%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184088&group=rec.arts.tv#184088

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:14:20 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 15:14 UTC

In article <8978ef90-b36c-4b84-b586-e45a116d39b1n@googlegroups.com>,
Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 10:58:27?PM UTC-4, RichA wrote:

> > > name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?
> > > >
> > > Who will be the hot blonde who quits show business because they made her
> > > wear a swastika?
> > >
> > Very hot. Too bad. But her real name was Baum so I get it.
> > She could have turned the role down.
>
> For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that episode
> and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are personally
> distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one that was
> the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi. He
> wasn't even German, he was Swiss.

IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.

BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
of the Nazi Party.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<5134714.704474166.697052.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184090&group=rec.arts.tv#184090

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 08:29:25 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 15:29 UTC

Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 10:58:27 PM UTC-4, RichA wrote:

>>> name FatGreenMime who constantly blamed the Zeons for everything?
>>>>
>>> Who will be the hot blonde who quits show business because they made her
>>> wear a swastika?
>>>
>> Very hot. Too bad. But her real name was Baum so I get it.
>> She could have turned the role down.
>
> For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that
> episode and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that
> are personally distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall
> - the one that was the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago -
> was not a Nazi. He wasn't even German, he was Swiss.
>
> Also, I would be VERY surprised if Baum is an exclusively Jewish surname.
> The word "baum" is simply German for "tree". Just for the hell of it, I
> went to Wikipedia just now and searched for articles about "Baum". Among
> the articles I found was one for L. Frank Baum, the author of the Wizard
> of Oz, and he turns out to have been a Methodist. I also found one about
> Otto Baum who was a senior commander in the German Army during WW II so I
> think it's reasonable to assume that he was not Jewish.

Oz is the first thing I thought of when I heard the name.

Here’s her obituary. Aside from confirming that the family name was Baum it
doesn’t really help any.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/marinij/name/valor-baum-obituary?n=valor-baum&pid=201828870

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<u2jg7q$30i8u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184101&group=rec.arts.tv#184101

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 16:22:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 16:22 UTC

A Friend wrote:
>Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Very hot. Too bad. But her real name was Baum so I get it.
>>>She could have turned the role down.

>>For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that episode
>>and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are personally
>>distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one that was
>>the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi. He
>>wasn't even German, he was Swiss.

>IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
>Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
>that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
>playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.

>BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
>of the Nazi Party.

Yeah, they were really trying for accuracy. It's hard to believe that any
high-ranking officer, even one as long in the military as Klink, could
have resisted the pressure to join the party.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<544363873.704485011.291566.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184121&group=rec.arts.tv#184121

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 11:20:09 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 18:20 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> A Friend wrote:
>> Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that episode
>>> and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are personally
>>> distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one that was
>>> the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi. He
>>> wasn't even German, he was Swiss.
>
>> IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
>> Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
>> that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
>> playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.
>
>> BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
>> of the Nazi Party.
>
> Yeah, they were really trying for accuracy. It's hard to believe that any
> high-ranking officer, even one as long in the military as Klink, could
> have resisted the pressure to join the party.

I always got the feeling that Klinks post was some sort of punishment
detail to keep him out of their hair.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<u2js6a$32qib$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184138&group=rec.arts.tv#184138

Followup: rec.arts.tv
From: Nys...@LogicalInsight.net (Nyssa)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 15:45:23 -0400
 by: Nyssa - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 19:45 UTC

Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> A Friend wrote:
>>Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi
>>>uniforms in that episode and they were Jewish. A
>>>professional actor can play roles that are personally
>>>distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in
>>>Downfall - the one that was the basis of all the Hitler
>>>parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi. He wasn't even
>>>German, he was Swiss.
>
>>IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers
>>on Hogan's
>>Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer
>>told TV Guide that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't
>>yet know that he was playing a Nazi on Hogan and was
>>worried about him finding out.
>
>>BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was
>>not a member of the Nazi Party.
>
> Yeah, they were really trying for accuracy. It's hard to
> believe that any high-ranking officer, even one as long in
> the military as Klink, could have resisted the pressure to
> join the party.

The Bernard Gunther series of mysteries by Philip Kerr is
set in Berlin during the Nazi era gives a good picture of
someone who is not a rabid Nazi trying to avoid joining the
Party while trying to stay alive and just do his job as a
police detective.

Worth a look if you're interested in the era and like
challenging mysteries.

Nyssa, who has read several in the series and has the
rest in her virtual To Be Read pile

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<a3d8c335-f2d5-48f5-83b5-9d762fe2ab17n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184153&group=rec.arts.tv#184153

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:12:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 21:12 UTC

On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 12:22:24 PM UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> A Friend wrote:
> >Rhino2 <hughmu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that episode
> >>and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are personally
> >>distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one that was
> >>the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi. He
> >>wasn't even German, he was Swiss.
>
> >IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
> >Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
> >that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
> >playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.
>
> >BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
> >of the Nazi Party.
> Yeah, they were really trying for accuracy. It's hard to believe that any
> high-ranking officer, even one as long in the military as Klink, could
> have resisted the pressure to join the party.

There's a common perception that all Germans were Nazis (and all Russians were members of the Communist Party). I've seen claims that the actual percentage of people in "the party" in both countries was only 2-3%. Of course, we're talking about card-carrying, dues paying members of those parties. The number of individuals who supported those parties to some extent - or at least didn't dare defy them - was no doubt considerably higher!

I don't have any problem believing that a POW camp commander in WWII wasn't a member of the Nazi Party. I have a lot more problem with believing that an incompetent boob like Klink would have lasted in that job and not been massively demoted or sent off to the Russian Front as Gen. Burkhalter so often threatened.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<442222748.704500889.062188.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184164&group=rec.arts.tv#184164

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 16:19:08 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 23:19 UTC

Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 12:22:24 PM UTC-4, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> A Friend wrote:

>>> IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
>>> Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
>>> that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
>>> playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.
>>
>>> BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
>>> of the Nazi Party.
>> Yeah, they were really trying for accuracy. It's hard to believe that any
>> high-ranking officer, even one as long in the military as Klink, could
>> have resisted the pressure to join the party.
>
> There's a common perception that all Germans were Nazis (and all Russians
> were members of the Communist Party).

Hell, the tile is fat jack ass, who plays the Mandalorian says all
Republicans are Nazis. I can’t imagine what he thinks of Germans or
Russians.

I've seen claims that the actual percentage of people in "the party" in
both countries was only 2-3%. Of course, we're talking about card-carrying,
dues paying members of those parties. The number of individuals who
supported those parties to some extent - or at least didn't dare defy them
- was no doubt considerably higher!

> I don't have any problem believing that a POW camp commander in WWII
> wasn't a member of the Nazi Party. I have a lot more problem with
> believing that an incompetent boob like Klink would have lasted in that
> job and not been massively demoted or sent off to the Russian Front as
> Gen. Burkhalter so often threatened.

Well, they never had an escape.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<Xes3M.2578823$9sn9.2334401@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184199&group=rec.arts.tv#184199

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 06:25:43 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 11:25 UTC

On 4/29/23 10:14 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <8978ef90-b36c-4b84-b586-e45a116d39b1n@googlegroups.com>,
> Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Very hot. Too bad. But her real name was Baum so I get it.
>>> She could have turned the role down.
>>
>> For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that episode
>> and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are personally
>> distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one that was
>> the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a Nazi. He
>> wasn't even German, he was Swiss.
>

> IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
> Heroes were played by Jewish actors. Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
> that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
> playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.
>
> BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
> of the Nazi Party.

It should be pointed out that Werner's father Otto Klemperer was a world
renowned symphony conductor, as was Carl Reiner's father.

Re: Now I know where I've SEEN Biden in the past!! Star Trek!!

<Ekv3M.1665777$MVg8.870679@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184226&group=rec.arts.tv#184226

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 10:56:35 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 14:56 UTC

On 4/30/2023 7:25 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 4/29/23 10:14 AM, A Friend wrote:
>> In article <8978ef90-b36c-4b84-b586-e45a116d39b1n@googlegroups.com>,
>> Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake, Shatner and Nimoy both wore Nazi uniforms in that
>>> episode
>>> and they were Jewish. A professional actor can play roles that are
>>> personally
>>> distasteful to them. The guy who played Hitler in Downfall - the one
>>> that was
>>> the basis of all the Hitler parodies a few years ago - was not a
>>> Nazi. He
>>> wasn't even German, he was Swiss.
>>

>> IIRC Klink, Schultz and all the recurring German officers on Hogan's
>> Heroes were played by Jewish actors.  Werner Klemperer told TV Guide
>> that his father (who lived in Europe) didn't yet know that he was
>> playing a Nazi on Hogan and was worried about him finding out.
>>
>> BTW the Hogan show took pains to point out that Klink was not a member
>> of the Nazi Party.
>

> It should be pointed out that Werner's father Otto Klemperer was a world
> renowned symphony conductor, as was Carl Reiner's father.

Quality trivia ...as I was able to retrieve both those musicians.