"Benson, you are so free of the ravages of intelligence" -- Time Bandits

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

SubjectAuthor
* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopBTR1701
+* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopRhino2
|`* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopAdam H. Kerman
| `* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopshawn
|  `* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopAdam H. Kerman
|   +* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopshawn
|   |`* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopAdam H. Kerman
|   | `* Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopThe Horny Goat
|   |  `- Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopDimensional Traveler
|   `- Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stopThe Horny Goat
`- Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stoptrotsky

1
Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<P1SdnaQa49Cy79H5nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184039&group=rec.arts.tv#184039

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 01:26:07 +0000
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 01:26 UTC

On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:10:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see the issue. Obviously, he's a desirable sire to the women who
> choose his...stuff. It's not like he's some black guy on welfare who breeds
> because he's bored.
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65429936

How does a Dutch court think it has jurisdiction to tell someone in another
country if they can continue to donate sperm or not?

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<47c0ea36-e0b9-4d00-9f0f-86e630bd9bbcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184068&group=rec.arts.tv#184068

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 06:30:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:30 UTC

On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 9:26:22 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:10:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't see the issue. Obviously, he's a desirable sire to the women who
> > choose his...stuff. It's not like he's some black guy on welfare who breeds
> > because he's bored.
> >
> > https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65429936
> How does a Dutch court think it has jurisdiction to tell someone in another
> country if they can continue to donate sperm or not?

An excellent question! Britain is not even in the EU any more so there's no possibility that there is some over-arching EU regulation that lets one EU country dictate what a citizen of another EU country can do.

I suppose a Dutch court could rule that no *Dutch* sperm bank can give sperm from this donor to any clients in the Netherlands but I don't see how the Dutch court could keep the British donor from giving/selling his sperm in any other country.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<u2j7bm$2vcqh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184070&group=rec.arts.tv#184070

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:50:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:50 UTC

Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Friday, April 28, 2023 at 9:26:22 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
>>On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:10:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I don't see the issue. Obviously, he's a desirable sire to the women who
>>>choose his...stuff. It's not like he's some black guy on welfare who breeds
>>>because he's bored.

>>>https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65429936

>>How does a Dutch court think it has jurisdiction to tell someone in another
>>country if they can continue to donate sperm or not?

>An excellent question! Britain is not even in the EU any more so there's
>no possibility that there is some over-arching EU regulation that lets
>one EU country dictate what a citizen of another EU country can do.

I don't see how this is an over-arching regulation. The issue is lack of
a national court's jurisdiction when the creep is selling his output
having jacked off into a test tube physically standing in another
country. And yeah, they really really really need to keep track of these
things to inform women desperately seeking spawn that their child might
be being set up to unintentionally have real-world sex with a biological
half sibling.

>I suppose a Dutch court could rule that no *Dutch* sperm bank can give
>sperm from this donor to any clients in the Netherlands but I don't see
>how the Dutch court could keep the British donor from giving/selling his
>sperm in any other country.

It doesn't even sound like they've any idea of how many children he
fathered in the Netherlands.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<0n8q4i1m3ldf5ga82mf7ocrg96m3m3oj9g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184072&group=rec.arts.tv#184072

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 10:03:45 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:03 UTC

On Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:50:47 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>How does a Dutch court think it has jurisdiction to tell someone in another
>>>country if they can continue to donate sperm or not?
>
>>An excellent question! Britain is not even in the EU any more so there's
>>no possibility that there is some over-arching EU regulation that lets
>>one EU country dictate what a citizen of another EU country can do.
>
>I don't see how this is an over-arching regulation. The issue is lack of
>a national court's jurisdiction when the creep is selling his output
>having jacked off into a test tube physically standing in another
>country. And yeah, they really really really need to keep track of these
>things to inform women desperately seeking spawn that their child might
>be being set up to unintentionally have real-world sex with a biological
>half sibling.

Which was the background to the FBI MOST WANTED episode from this past
week that BTR and I were discussing in the What Did You Watch? thread.
Though the kicker wasn't that two half siblings ended up marrying each
other but that the sperm donor had Lupus and both of the half siblings
had Lupus which was how they ended up meeting each other.

>>I suppose a Dutch court could rule that no *Dutch* sperm bank can give
>>sperm from this donor to any clients in the Netherlands but I don't see
>>how the Dutch court could keep the British donor from giving/selling his
>>sperm in any other country.
>
>It doesn't even sound like they've any idea of how many children he
>fathered in the Netherlands.

Without a DNA test of all the kids generated from the sperm banks he
was at, during the time he might have substituted his own sperm for
someone else's, there's probably no way to know just how many kids he
has.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<u2j9sd$2vnhv$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184076&group=rec.arts.tv#184076

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:33:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:33 UTC

>Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:50:47 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>Rhino2 <hughmunguscan@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>An excellent question! Britain is not even in the EU any more so there's
>>>no possibility that there is some over-arching EU regulation that lets
>>>one EU country dictate what a citizen of another EU country can do.

>>I don't see how this is an over-arching regulation. The issue is lack of
>>a national court's jurisdiction when the creep is selling his output
>>having jacked off into a test tube physically standing in another
>>country. And yeah, they really really really need to keep track of these
>>things to inform women desperately seeking spawn that their child might
>>be being set up to unintentionally have real-world sex with a biological
>>half sibling.

>Which was the background to the FBI MOST WANTED episode from this past
>week that BTR and I were discussing in the What Did You Watch? thread.
>Though the kicker wasn't that two half siblings ended up marrying each
>other but that the sperm donor had Lupus and both of the half siblings
>had Lupus which was how they ended up meeting each other.

IT'S NEVER LUPUS.

>>>I suppose a Dutch court could rule that no *Dutch* sperm bank can give
>>>sperm from this donor to any clients in the Netherlands but I don't see
>>>how the Dutch court could keep the British donor from giving/selling his
>>>sperm in any other country.

>>It doesn't even sound like they've any idea of how many children he
>>fathered in the Netherlands.

>Without a DNA test of all the kids generated from the sperm banks he
>was at, during the time he might have substituted his own sperm for
>someone else's, there's probably no way to know just how many kids he
>has.

Oh, give me a fucking break. It's easy enough to maintain records. How
the hell is he going to substitute unless two donors are working
together to commit this fraud? I assume they gave him a uniquely
barcoded test tube and the clinic maintains reasonable controls,
especially making sure that two men don't go into the same booth at the
same time.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<albq4i9g7p03vif97ck3a8079dqakfs1oc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184082&group=rec.arts.tv#184082

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 10:52:54 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:52 UTC

On Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:33:49 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>>I don't see how this is an over-arching regulation. The issue is lack of
>>>a national court's jurisdiction when the creep is selling his output
>>>having jacked off into a test tube physically standing in another
>>>country. And yeah, they really really really need to keep track of these
>>>things to inform women desperately seeking spawn that their child might
>>>be being set up to unintentionally have real-world sex with a biological
>>>half sibling.
>
>>Which was the background to the FBI MOST WANTED episode from this past
>>week that BTR and I were discussing in the What Did You Watch? thread.
>>Though the kicker wasn't that two half siblings ended up marrying each
>>other but that the sperm donor had Lupus and both of the half siblings
>>had Lupus which was how they ended up meeting each other.
>
>IT'S NEVER LUPUS.

>>>It doesn't even sound like they've any idea of how many children he
>>>fathered in the Netherlands.
>
>>Without a DNA test of all the kids generated from the sperm banks he
>>was at, during the time he might have substituted his own sperm for
>>someone else's, there's probably no way to know just how many kids he
>>has.
>
>Oh, give me a fucking break. It's easy enough to maintain records. How
>the hell is he going to substitute unless two donors are working
>together to commit this fraud? I assume they gave him a uniquely
>barcoded test tube and the clinic maintains reasonable controls,
>especially making sure that two men don't go into the same booth at the
>same time.

Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the show's case where the donor was
actually a doctor working at the clinic. So he was substituting his
own DNA for the original donor's DNA. Not the case of someone just
donating his own DNA. Though there may still be issues with tracking
down all of the kids he may have fathered if he's donating DNA in
multiple countries depending upon the laws governing that information.
Which shouldn't be an issue if the Netherlands government decided they
needed to track down all of the kids he has fathered.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<u2jb71$2vnhv$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184084&group=rec.arts.tv#184084

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:56:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:56 UTC

>Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:33:49 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>:
>>shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>>Which was the background to the FBI MOST WANTED episode from this past
>>>week that BTR and I were discussing in the What Did You Watch? thread.
>>>Though the kicker wasn't that two half siblings ended up marrying each
>>>other but that the sperm donor had Lupus and both of the half siblings
>>>had Lupus which was how they ended up meeting each other.

>>IT'S NEVER LUPUS.

>>>Without a DNA test of all the kids generated from the sperm banks he
>>>was at, during the time he might have substituted his own sperm for
>>>someone else's, there's probably no way to know just how many kids he
>>>has.

>>Oh, give me a fucking break. It's easy enough to maintain records. How
>>the hell is he going to substitute unless two donors are working
>>together to commit this fraud? I assume they gave him a uniquely
>>barcoded test tube and the clinic maintains reasonable controls,
>>especially making sure that two men don't go into the same booth at the
>>same time.

>Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the show's case where the donor was
>actually a doctor working at the clinic. . . .

If you were talking about a fictional plot and not the real-life creep,
then I withdraw my annoyance.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<avuq4i92vvu0h8fetcnepk5umpcj6snar3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184147&group=rec.arts.tv#184147

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:21:02 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 20:21 UTC

<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Oh, give me a fucking break. It's easy enough to maintain records. How
>the hell is he going to substitute unless two donors are working
>together to commit this fraud? I assume they gave him a uniquely
>barcoded test tube and the clinic maintains reasonable controls,
>especially making sure that two men don't go into the same booth at the
>same time.

Well there was one case at such a clinic where the doctor
'contributed' himself and fathered 80-100 children that way. (Hint: he
didn't expect payment)

As for making it with your half brother/sister there have already been
cases on that front

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<u2vq4ipd6ktpsst36f8b9nkub6iu19r4oi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184149&group=rec.arts.tv#184149

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 13:22:06 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 20:22 UTC

On Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:56:33 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the show's case where the donor was
>>actually a doctor working at the clinic. . . .
>
>If you were talking about a fictional plot and not the real-life creep,
>then I withdraw my annoyance.

That's actually happened in real life - sorry no cite on this

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<u2kdjh$365v2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184179&group=rec.arts.tv#184179

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 17:43:32 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 00:43 UTC

On 4/29/2023 1:22 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Apr 2023 14:56:33 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the show's case where the donor was
>>> actually a doctor working at the clinic. . . .
>>
>> If you were talking about a fictional plot and not the real-life creep,
>> then I withdraw my annoyance.
>
> That's actually happened in real life - sorry no cite on this

More than once over the years IIRC.

dirty old man.

Re: BBC: Man fathers over 550 children, told to stop

<bOr3M.3036069$GNG9.2053150@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184193&group=rec.arts.tv#184193

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 05:55:02 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 10:55 UTC

On 4/28/23 8:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2023 at 5:10:43 PM PDT, "RichA" <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't see the issue. Obviously, he's a desirable sire to the women who
>> choose his...stuff. It's not like he's some black guy on welfare who breeds
>> because he's bored.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65429936
>
> How does a Dutch court think it has jurisdiction to tell someone in another
> country if they can continue to donate sperm or not?

So true, and who the fuck even cares? No pun intended.