Neckties strangle clear thinking. -- Lin Yutang

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmists

SubjectAuthor
* Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmistsmoviePig
`* Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmistsBTR1701
 +- Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmistsmoviePig
 `- Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmiststrotsky

1
Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmists

<Dgv3M.1665776$MVg8.476052@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184225&group=rec.arts.tv#184225

Subject: Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmists
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 10:52:18 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 14:52 UTC

On 4/30/2023 2:19 AM, RichA wrote:
> Single-digit temps about 6-7 degrees below normal have characterized weather leading into May for NINE YEARS. Does that COUNT, global warming KOOKS?
>
> https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/weather/new-york/buffalo

Umm, I think the issue is about warming the *planet*, not the Bronx.

Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmists

<atropos-06D838.12522230042023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184264&group=rec.arts.tv#184264

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer02.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.22.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 12:52:22 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 19:52 UTC

In article <Dgv3M.1665776$MVg8.476052@fx12.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 4/30/2023 2:19 AM, RichA wrote:

> > Single-digit temps about 6-7 degrees below normal have characterized
> > weather leading into May for NINE YEARS. Does that COUNT, global warming
> > KOOKS?
> >
> > https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/weather/new-york/buffalo
>
> Umm, I think the issue is about warming the *planet*, not the Bronx.

But if the Bronx has a super-hot summer this year, you can bet the
Warmists will be saying, "See! It's proof global warming is happening!"

Local weather can only be used to prove the Warmists right, never to
prove them wrong.

Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmists

<LdA3M.582001$5CY7.504216@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184270&group=rec.arts.tv#184270

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 16:30:34 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:30 UTC

On 4/30/2023 3:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <Dgv3M.1665776$MVg8.476052@fx12.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2023 2:19 AM, RichA wrote:
>
>>> Single-digit temps about 6-7 degrees below normal have characterized
>>> weather leading into May for NINE YEARS. Does that COUNT, global warming
>>> KOOKS?
>>>
>>> https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/weather/new-york/buffalo
>>
>> Umm, I think the issue is about warming the *planet*, not the Bronx.
>
> But if the Bronx has a super-hot summer this year, you can bet the
> Warmists will be saying, "See! It's proof global warming is happening!"
>
> Local weather can only be used to prove the Warmists right, never to
> prove them wrong.

Let me guess: you define 'Warmist' as one who, like you, discounts
global climate observation, but in the other direction.

Re: NINTH unusually COLD SPRING in a row in the NE, global warmists

<uBA3M.3065678$GNG9.1097175@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184280&group=rec.arts.tv#184280

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:55:54 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 20:55 UTC

On 4/30/23 2:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <Dgv3M.1665776$MVg8.476052@fx12.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/30/2023 2:19 AM, RichA wrote:
>
>>> Single-digit temps about 6-7 degrees below normal have characterized
>>> weather leading into May for NINE YEARS. Does that COUNT, global warming
>>> KOOKS?
>>>
>>> https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/weather/new-york/buffalo
>>
>> Umm, I think the issue is about warming the *planet*, not the Bronx.
>
> But if the Bronx has a super-hot summer this year, you can bet the
> Warmists will be saying, "See! It's proof global warming is happening!"
>
> Local weather can only be used to prove the Warmists right, never to
> prove them wrong.

Complete and utter lack of self awareness noted.