"One day I woke up and discovered that I was in love with tripe." -- Tom Anderson

arts / rec.arts.tv / May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

SubjectAuthor
* May 6-12: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
+* Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selectedAdam H. Kerman
|`* Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
| +- Re: May 6-12: Robin?s selected programmingshawn
| `- Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: May 6-12: Robin???s selected programmingBTR1701
|+- Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
|`- Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingRhino2
+* Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
|+- Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
|`* Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
| +- Re: Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingA Friend
| +- Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selectedanim8rfsk
| `* Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
|  +- Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programmingDimensional Traveler
|  `* Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programmingIan J. Ball
|   `- Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programmingAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball
`- Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programmingIan J. Ball

1
May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<399928695.705101758.279439.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185138&group=rec.arts.tv#185138

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: May 6-12: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 14:41:29 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sat, 6 May 2023 21:41 UTC

May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

Saturday, May 6

Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
connection to her family. Stars Zoë Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
Cliche, Melissa Bray, and Scott Gibson.

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/abducted-on-prom-night

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27630783/

When Love Springs (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

When Rory arrives at a quaint B&B on the lake for the vow renewal of her
parents, she runs into her ex, who broke her heart. Panicked, she pretends
the B&B owner is her new boyfriend. Stars Rhiannon Fish and James
O'Halloran.
https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/when-love-springs

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt24484852/

Sunday, May 7

Call the Midwife (season 12 finale; renewed for seasons 13-15)
(8 pm, PBS)

Vice (season 4 premiere) (8 pm, Showtime)

News program that tackles "untold and complex geopolitical stories from all
corners of the globe." This is the 10th season overall; the first six
seasons were shown on HBO from 2013-2018.

2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards (live event) (8-10 pm, MTV)

https://www.mtv.com/movie-and-tv-awards

https://deadline.com/2023/05/mtv-movie-amp-tv-awards-1235358126/

The 2010s [documentary miniseries] (9 pm, CNN)

https://cnncreativemarketing.com/project/the-2010s/

Family Guy (season 21 finale; renewed for seasons 22 and 23; special
time) (9 pm, Fox)

Lucky Hank (season 1 finale) (9 pm, AMC)

The Company You Keep (season 1 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

Marie Antoinette (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
(10 pm, PBS)

Rich & Shameless (season 2 premiere) (11 pm, TNT)

Fame. Power. Respect. Money can bring it all. And drain it all away. Rich &
Shameless tells the true stories of the successes, failures, thrills and
miseries that accompany the kind of wealth that ordinary people can never
understand. Using a combination of powerful interviews, unique archive and
atmospheric visuals, Rich & Shameless goes behind the public facade to
reveal the dangers of great prosperity. Schedule varies.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/rich-and-shameless/listings/

Monday, May 8

Two Sides of the Abyss [Die zwei Seiten des Abgrunds] [new;
complete season 1?] (3:01 am, HBO Max)

Police officer Luise Berg heads for an unavoidable catastrophe after her
daughter's murderer is released early from prison. German series; six
episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18246900/

https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/warnermedia-rtl-two-sides-of-abyss-1235180981/

Jeopardy! Masters [new; spinoff] (8-9 pm, ABC)

The latest primetime Jeopardy! spinoff is a three-week tournament (airing
3-4 nights each week) that returns the six highest-earning recent
champions, including Amy Schneider, Matt Amodio, and Mattea Roach.
Concludes on Wednesday, May 24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAY_sYrTWcs

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/jeopardy-masters/listings/

Fantasy Island (season 2 finale) (9 pm, Fox)

Tuesday, May 9

Hannah Gadsby: Something Special (comedy special) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bs1F8PRP1Y

https://www.netflix.com/title/81598434

Night Court (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (8 pm,
NBC)

Lopez vs Lopez (season 1 finale) (8:30 pm, NBC)

Judge Steve Harvey (season 2 premiere) (9 pm, ABC)

Steve Harvey presides over new real-life disputes in the second season of
the comedic courtroom reality series.

Accused (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (9 pm,
Fox)

Wednesday, May 10

Streaming:

Becoming Ian Brady [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)

Becoming Ian Brady presents the complete story of Britain's most notorious
killer Ian Brady, who between July 1963 and October 1965 along with his
partner Myra Hindley, horrifically killed five children in the Greater
Manchester area. It was a series of crimes that devastated families,
changed a community, and shocked the world. Framing events through Brady's
involvement and the evolution of his twisted desires, the series examines
the impact of the murders and questions how they could have happened. The
three episodes examine Ian Brady's upbringing, early 'career' and what led
him to commit some of the most unspeakable acts the world has ever seen. It
questions whether he was born 'evil' or was a product of his time and
environment. Criminal psychologists say he was more than a psychopath, he
was his own 'breed' of psychopath. Three 45-minute episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27513174/

Class of '09 [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)

An eight-episode thriller from FX (but exclusive to Hulu), Class of '09
jumps back and forth between three different time periods across three
decades (past, present, and near future) to show how the introduction of
artificial intelligence technology impacts America's criminal justice
system. That impact is shown through the eyes of a diverse group of FBI
agents who share one thing in common: They all graduated from Quantico in
2009. Brian Tyree Henry and Kate Mara head a cast that also includes
Sepideh Moafi, Brian J. Smith, Jon Jon Briones, Brooke Smith, and Jake
McDorman, while the series comes from writer Tom Rob Smith (The
Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story). The first two
episodes stream today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh3JIflUYjk

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/class-of-09/season-1 [score 72]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14903834/

African Queens: Queen Cleopatra (complete season 2) (3:01
am, Netflix)

From Executive Producer Jada Pinkett Smith comes a documentary series
exploring the lives of prominent and iconic African Queens. This season
will feature Cleopatra, the world’s most famous, powerful, and
misunderstood woman -- a daring queen whose beauty and romances came to
overshadow her real asset: her intellect. Cleopatra’s heritage has been the
subject of much academic debate, which has often been ignored by Hollywood.
Now our series re-assesses this fascinating part of her story. Four
episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IktHcPyNlv4

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27528139/ [as "Queen Cleopatra"]

https://www.netflix.com/title/81650731

Dance Brothers [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

Two brothers trying to make it as dancers open their own club, but their
artistic drive soon clashes with the business, threatening their
relationship. Finnish series; 10 episodes.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81485938

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17550826/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAQfCWSkZPM

Missing: Dead or Alive? [new; complete season 1] (3:01
am, Netflix)

Follow officers from a South Carolina sheriff’s department as they urgently
search for individuals who've disappeared under troubling circumstances.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80217818

The Muppets Mayhem [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
Disney+)

The third live-action Muppets series since Disney acquired the beloved
puppet franchise follows a pair of one-and-done shows: 2015's
mockumentary-style The Muppets and the more recent streaming improv comedy
Muppets Now. What's different about The Muppets Mayhem? Mainly its narrower
focus—which falls not on the usual suspects like Kermit and Miss Piggy but
instead on Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem Band, who attempt to record
their first studio album with the help of a music executive played by Lilly
Singh. Guest stars include Morgan Freeman, Paula Abdul, Nicole Byer, Rachel
Bloom, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Ryan Seacrest, Steve Aoki, Billy Corgan, Kevin
Smith, Danny Trejo, Lil Nas X, Ben Schwartz, Kesha, Kristen Schaal, Ziggy
Marley, and more. The Goldbergs creator Adam F. Goldberg and Bill Barretta
(returning from the 2015 series) created the new series, while the original
songs come from Linda Perry. The entire season will be available to stream
today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhP4QiK8GzA

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-muppets-mayhem/season-1

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt18545980/

Evil Among Us: The Golden State Killer (documentary) (3:01
am, Tubi)

To the world, Joseph DeAngelo was a devoted family man, reliable friend,
and proud police officer. But secretly, he was also a serial rapist and
murderer who haunted California for over 40 years, assaulting and killing
victims across the state before going dormant and evading law enforcement –
until a DNA profile and genetic genealogy match finally brought him down.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<u36jda$316gj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185141&group=rec.arts.tv#185141

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected
programming
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 22:12:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 6 May 2023 22:12 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Sunday, May 7

>The Company You Keep (season 1 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

I watched it. It sucks.

>Marie Antoinette (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2)
>(10 pm, PBS)

What? Her date of execution has been put off for a season?

> Thursday, May 11

> Broadcast and cable:

>The Pregnancy Promise (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

>Best friends Lucy and Skye, both 17, accidentally fall pregnant at the same
>time, which creates a huge rift between them and their families. But when
>Skye starts to suspect someone of meddling with her birth control, she
>wonders if there's something more sinister at play. Stars Rachel G.
>Whittle, Alexandra Swanbeck, and Mary Jacob.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? I don't think you were taking birth
control.

> Friday, May 12

>The Great (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)

>Catherine works on her idea of a new Russia while Peter finds his friends
>are all imprisoned and he's having visions of his late father in the third
>season of the Tony McNamara comedy series. 10 episodes.

How is a tv series about Vladimir Putin a comedy?

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<u36li2$31hko$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185146&group=rec.arts.tv#185146

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_May_6-12:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 15:49:38 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 6 May 2023 22:49 UTC

On 2023-05-06 22:12:58 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Sunday, May 7
>
>> The Company You Keep (season 1 finale) (10 pm, ABC)
>
> I watched it. It sucks.

I note that Robin does not indicate that it has already been renewed -
that probably means it's toast.

Re: May 6-12: Robin?s selected programming

<j2nd5i9kn6l9ijp9nn32nk4cb1aiakfsvo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185148&group=rec.arts.tv#185148

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 19:02:05 -0400
 by: shawn - Sat, 6 May 2023 23:02 UTC

On Sat, 6 May 2023 15:49:38 -0700, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2023-05-06 22:12:58 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Sunday, May 7
>>
>>> The Company You Keep (season 1 finale) (10 pm, ABC)
>>
>> I watched it. It sucks.
>
>I note that Robin does not indicate that it has already been renewed -
>that probably means it's toast.

I wanted to like this due to the casting but it just never grabbed me.

Re: May 6-12: Robin???s selected programming

<atropos-C416D5.16223006052023@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185149&group=rec.arts.tv#185149

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 16:22:30 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 6 May 2023 23:22 UTC

In article
<399928695.705101758.279439.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

> Hannah Gadsby: Something Special (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Oh, god. Not another offering from the Queen of Clapter.

We're not supposed to have funny comedy anymore. Comedy that makes you
laugh has been canceled because it almost always offends someone.

The goal of comedy in a woke society isn't to elicit laughter. It's to
elicit clapter. You don't laugh at a 'joke', you clap approvingly
because the social commentary is soooo true.

And the grand dame of this new form of unfunny comedy is Hannah Gadsby,
a rotund Australian lesbian who tells dreary sad sack anecdotes of her
experiences living amongst unwoke neanderthals, while continually using
the phrase "As a lesbian...", lest you forget her place on the
intersectional status hierarchy. And for this, she is hailed as a
comedic genius by the latte-sippers at the New York Times and Washington
Post.

> Becoming Ian Brady [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> Becoming Ian Brady presents the complete story of Britain's most notorious
> killer Ian Brady

Umm... wouldn't Britain's most notorious killer be Jack the Ripper?

Everyone knows of Jack. I've never even heard of Ian Brady.

Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

<u36nb8$31n7a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185150&group=rec.arts.tv#185150

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 23:20:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 6 May 2023 23:20 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-05-06 22:12:58 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Sunday, May 7

>>>The Company You Keep (season 1 finale) (10 pm, ABC)

>>I watched it. It sucks.

>I note that Robin does not indicate that it has already been renewed -
>that probably means it's toast.

Last episode they set up for a change in main villain and re-arranged
the alliances among the characters and replaced a key supporting player.
There's simply no intention of wrapping up any of the story lines in the
final episode.

I'm such a sap for watching at all.

Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

<u36nl7$31n7a$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185151&group=rec.arts.tv#185151

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 23:25:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 6 May 2023 23:25 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>Becoming Ian Brady [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)

>>Becoming Ian Brady presents the complete story of Britain's most notorious
>>killer Ian Brady

>Umm... wouldn't Britain's most notorious killer be Jack the Ripper?

>Everyone knows of Jack. I've never even heard of Ian Brady.

I hadn't heard of him. Wow. He murdered 5 children, 4 of whom were
raped.

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<554eb821-c4ab-4010-bad0-5017e571e4cfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185160&group=rec.arts.tv#185160

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 17:23:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: hughmung...@gmail.com (Rhino2)
 by: Rhino2 - Sun, 7 May 2023 00:23 UTC

On Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 7:19:55 PM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <399928695.705101758.27...@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > May 6-12: Robin's selected programming
> > Hannah Gadsby: Something Special (comedy special) (3:01 am, Netflix)
> Oh, god. Not another offering from the Queen of Clapter.
>
> We're not supposed to have funny comedy anymore. Comedy that makes you
> laugh has been canceled because it almost always offends someone.
>
> The goal of comedy in a woke society isn't to elicit laughter. It's to
> elicit clapter. You don't laugh at a 'joke', you clap approvingly
> because the social commentary is soooo true.
>
> And the grand dame of this new form of unfunny comedy is Hannah Gadsby,
> a rotund Australian lesbian who tells dreary sad sack anecdotes of her
> experiences living amongst unwoke neanderthals, while continually using
> the phrase "As a lesbian...", lest you forget her place on the
> intersectional status hierarchy. And for this, she is hailed as a
> comedic genius by the latte-sippers at the New York Times and Washington
> Post.
> > Becoming Ian Brady [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
> >
> > Becoming Ian Brady presents the complete story of Britain's most notorious
> > killer Ian Brady
> Umm... wouldn't Britain's most notorious killer be Jack the Ripper?
>
> Everyone knows of Jack. I've never even heard of Ian Brady.

Brady was really notorious in his day but I don't know if he's as familiar to younger Brits as he was to their parents and grandparents. Jack the Ripper is probably the most famous serial killer in history so I think you must be right that everyone knows of him. Then again, I have no idea who the people of India or China or other such places knows about foreign serial killers so maybe Jack is only known among English speakers....

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<2081846403.705108762.501451.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185180&group=rec.arts.tv#185180

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 19:08:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 7 May 2023 02:08 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, May 6
>

> Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
> daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
> their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
> her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
> connection to her family. Stars Zoë Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
> Cliche,

But will she actually be in this one?

> Sunday, May 7
>

> 2023 MTV Movie & TV Awards (live event) (8-10 pm, MTV)

The show the striking host urges you to watch

> Monday, May 8

> Tuesday, May 9

> Wednesday, May 10
>

> Streaming:
>
> Becoming Ian Brady [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> Becoming Ian Brady presents the complete story of Britain's most notorious
> killer Ian

And the jokes just write themselves

> Class of '09 [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> An eight-episode thriller from FX (but exclusive to Hulu),

Well, that sounds dumb

> African Queens: Queen Cleopatra (complete season 2) (3:01
> am, Netflix)

And there it is

> From Executive Producer Jada Pinkett Smith

FISH. STINKS!!

comes a documentary

No, it’s not

series
> exploring the lives of prominent and iconic African Queens. This season
> will feature Cleopatra, the world’s most famous, powerful, and
> misunderstood woman -- a daring queen whose beauty and romances came to
> overshadow her real asset: her intellect.

So she is the opposite of Jada Pinkett fish in every way.

> The Muppets Mayhem [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Disney+)

Has there been a good Muppets project since Jim Henson died?

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Wild Scandinavia [new] (8 pm, PBS)
>
> Wild Scandinavia celebrates the wildlife and people of the far north of
> Europe, the realm of Odin and Thor.

Gods of thunder!

> Single Drunk Female (season 2 finale) (10:30 pm, Freeform)

SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

> Thursday, May 11
>

> Streaming:
>

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Walker (season 3 finale) (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> Friday, May 12
>

> Streaming:
>

> Air (movie) (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> The Amazon original from director/star Ben Affleck

NO

> Mulligan [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> An adult animated comedy from some of the team behind 30 Rock and
> Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

NO

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> (end)

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<u377r5$37om0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185187&group=rec.arts.tv#185187

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 21:01:42 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 7 May 2023 04:01 UTC

On 2023-05-07 02:08:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Wednesday, May 10
>>

>> Streaming:
>>
>> Becoming Ian Brady [new] (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>>
>> Becoming Ian Brady presents the complete story of Britain's most notorious
>> killer Ian
>
> And the jokes just write themselves

I'm far better known as the guy who tried to kidnap Princess Anne.
(Look it up!!...)

>> Class of '09 [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>>
>> An eight-episode thriller from FX (but exclusive to Hulu),
>
> Well, that sounds dumb

I'm a sucker for Kate Mara, so I will likely watch this when it has all
dropped...

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Single Drunk Female (season 2 finale) (10:30 pm, Freeform)
>
> SQUIGGGGGLLLLLLLLLE

Will probably save this for summer break - will be nice to have another
30-minute show to use as "short filler" when I need it...

>> Thursday, May 11
>>

>> Streaming:
>>

>> Broadcast and cable:
>>

>> Walker (season 3 finale) (8 pm, CW)
>
> The C dub must die

The thinking is that this will be the one WB-produced TV show that The
All New! NEW!! C-Wub will renew (contractually obliged to renew one, I
hear).

But outside of this and "All American", all the other CW shows are
almost certainly toast...

>> (end)

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<u378bo$37qt5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185189&group=rec.arts.tv#185189

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 21:10:32 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 7 May 2023 04:10 UTC

On 2023-05-07 02:08:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming
>>

>> Saturday, May 6
>>

>> Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>
>> Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
>> daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
>> their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
>> her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
>> connection to her family. Stars Zoë Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
>> Cliche,
>
> But will she actually be in this one?

Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
sure she's almost 30!!

Re: Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<070520230654101824%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185216&group=rec.arts.tv#185216

Subject: Re: Re:_May_6-12:_Robin’s_selected_programming
From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 06:54:10 -0400
 by: A Friend - Sun, 7 May 2023 10:54 UTC

In article <u378bo$37qt5$1@dont-email.me>, Ian J. Ball
<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2023-05-07 02:08:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> >> May 6-12: Robin¹s selected programming
> >>

> >> Saturday, May 6
> >>

> >> Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
> >>
> >> Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
> >> daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
> >> their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
> >> her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
> >> connection to her family. Stars Zoë Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
> >> Cliche,
> >
> > But will she actually be in this one?
>
> Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
> sure she's almost 30!!

She turned 30 last Wednesday.

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<1809838058.705160634.169545.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185224&group=rec.arts.tv#185224

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 06:59:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 7 May 2023 13:59 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-05-07 02:08:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>> May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming
>>>

>>> Saturday, May 6
>>>

>>> Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
>>> daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
>>> their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
>>> her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
>>> connection to her family. Stars Zoë Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
>>> Cliche,
>>
>> But will she actually be in this one?
>
> Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
> sure she's almost 30!!

Siri says she turned 30 on May 3 of this year.

Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

<u38hdd$3e1ac$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185247&group=rec.arts.tv#185247

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 15:51:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 7 May 2023 15:51 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-05-07 02:08:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>May 6-12: Robin's selected programming
>>>Saturday, May 6

>>>Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

>>>Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
>>>daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
>>>their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
>>>her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
>>>connection to her family. Stars Zoe Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
>>>Cliche,

>>But will she actually be in this one?

>Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
>sure she's almost 30!!

Born May 3, 1993, so she just had her 30th birthday, and would have been
29 during production.

Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

<u38iap$3e8vm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185249&group=rec.arts.tv#185249

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 09:06:50 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sun, 7 May 2023 16:06 UTC

On 5/7/2023 8:51 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> But will she actually be in this one?
>
>> Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
>> sure she's almost 30!!
>
> Born May 3, 1993, so she just had her 30th birthday, and would have been
> 29 during production.

So just about to be moved to playing very recent high school graduates....

dirty old man.

Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

<u38mb6$3euk0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185252&group=rec.arts.tv#185252

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 10:15:18 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 7 May 2023 17:15 UTC

On 2023-05-07 15:51:09 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> But will she actually be in this one?
>
>> Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
>> sure she's almost 30!!
>
> Born May 3, 1993, so she just had her 30th birthday, and would have been
> 29 during production.

Don't get me wrong - she's hott.
But she doesn't look like a teen, and really hasn't in any of the
movies they've had her play teens in! (At least in "Ice Road Killer"
she was almost certainly supposed to be "colleged-aged", or even a
little older!)

Re: May 6-12: Robin's selected programming

<u38n39$3f043$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185256&group=rec.arts.tv#185256

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 17:28:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 7 May 2023 17:28 UTC

Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-05-07 15:51:09 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>>Why the eff do they keep letting Zoe Belkin play teens?!! - I'm pretty
>>>sure she's almost 30!!

>>Born May 3, 1993, so she just had her 30th birthday, and would have been
>>29 during production.

>Don't get me wrong - she's hott.
>But she doesn't look like a teen, and really hasn't in any of the
>movies they've had her play teens in! (At least in "Ice Road Killer"
>she was almost certainly supposed to be "colleged-aged", or even a
>little older!)

No one was disagreeing with you that she can't believably play half
her age! Several of us looked up her birthday and we learned that she's
actually half a year old than you thought she was!

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<u38rug$3frm1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185269&group=rec.arts.tv#185269

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 11:50:56 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 7 May 2023 18:50 UTC

On 2023-05-06 21:41:29 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Saturday, May 6
>

> Abducted on Prom Night (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Against her better judgment, a recently-divorced mother allows her troubled
> daughter to attend prom, but what was supposed to be the best night of
> their lives turns into a twisted game of cat-and-mouse as the daughter and
> her friends are taken hostage by their limousine driver, who has a sinister
> connection to her family. Stars Zoë Belkin, Micah Sanders-Silva, Karen
> Cliche, Melissa Bray, and Scott Gibson.

Watched - reviewed in Sat's WDYW? thread.

> When Love Springs (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When Rory arrives at a quaint B&B on the lake for the vow renewal of her
> parents, she runs into her ex, who broke her heart. Panicked, she pretends
> the B&B owner is her new boyfriend. Stars Rhiannon Fish and James
> O'Halloran.

Meh...

> Sunday, May 7
>

> Vice (season 4 premiere) (8 pm, Showtime)
>
> News program that tackles "untold and complex geopolitical stories from all
> corners of the globe." This is the 10th season overall; the first six
> seasons were shown on HBO from 2013-2018.

Isn't this the same outfit that is about to go out of business as per
this week's "News" posting?!

> Lucky Hank (season 1 finale) (9 pm, AMC)

As far as I can tell, nobody likes this show.

> Monday, May 8
>

> Fantasy Island (season 2 finale) (9 pm, Fox)

Maybe I'll get to this over summer?... [shrug]

> Tuesday, May 9
>

> Night Court (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (8 pm,
> NBC)

Will make my way through this, when I need "30-minute time killers"...

> Accused (season 1 finale; renewed for season 2) (9 pm,
> Fox)

I think, with this one, I may watch *select* episodes starring people I
like. But Arthur's review have not made me want to watch this...

> Wednesday, May 10
>

> Streaming:
>
> Class of '09 [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> An eight-episode thriller from FX (but exclusive to Hulu), Class of '09
> jumps back and forth between three different time periods across three
> decades (past, present, and near future) to show how the introduction of
> artificial intelligence technology impacts America's criminal justice
> system. That impact is shown through the eyes of a diverse group of FBI
> agents who share one thing in common: They all graduated from Quantico in
> 2009. Brian Tyree Henry and Kate Mara head a cast that also includes
> Sepideh Moafi, Brian J. Smith, Jon Jon Briones, Brooke Smith, and Jake
> McDorman, while the series comes from writer Tom Rob Smith (The
> Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story). The first two
> episodes stream today.

Am hoping to check this out after all the episodes drop.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Celebrity Wheel of Fortune (season 3 finale) (9 pm, ABC)

Something for my brother!

> Single Drunk Female (season 2 finale) (10:30 pm, Freeform)

Again, will try to get to this over summer...

> Thursday, May 11
>

> Streaming:
>

> Royalteen: Princess Margrethe (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After the dramatic end to last year's ball, challenges await the Norwegian
> princess. When family drama piles up for the royal family, Margrethe must
> find her own voice--not only as a princess, but also as a young woman
> looking for love. Norwegian film; 1h 38m. Sequel to 2022's Royalteen.

Starring The VIKING WOLF!!

OK, something for me. Though I am bitterly disppointed that this one
focuses on the Princess, and not the beautiful redhead from the first
one who was dating the Price... :(

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Pregnancy Promise (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Best friends Lucy and Skye, both 17, accidentally fall pregnant at the same
> time, which creates a huge rift between them and their families. But when
> Skye starts to suspect someone of meddling with her birth control, she
> wonders if there’s something more sinister at play. Stars Rachel G.
> Whittle, Alexandra Swanbeck, and Mary Jacob.

Will watch this, though I really don't know anyone in it (I guess
Swanbeck was the villain in Lifetime's "First Class Fear"), and it
looks preposterous.

> Friday, May 12
>

> Streaming:
>

> Air (movie) (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> The Amazon original from director/star Ben Affleck that traces the
> development of Nike's Air Jordan sneakers makes its streaming debut today
> after a theatrical run. 1h 51m.

I guess I might watch this, though it's apparently pure fiction! at
best "inspired by true events"... :/

> The Great (complete season 3) (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Catherine works on her idea of a new Russia while Peter finds his friends
> are all imprisoned and he's having visions of his late father in the third
> season of the Tony McNamara comedy series. 10 episodes.

Another show I thought about watching, but never got to...

> The Mother (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Jennifer Lopez plays an assassin opposite Gael Garcia Bernal, Joseph
> Fiennes, and Omari Hardwick in the delayed Netflix thriller from director
> Niki Caro. 1h 55m.

This looks like a action "revenge picture", so, sure!! :)

> Crater (movie) (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> Kyle Patrick Alvarez (The Stanford Prison Experiment) directs a
> coming-of-age tale set in a lunar mining colony. Isaiah Russell-Bailey,
> Mckenna Grace, and Kid Cudi head the cast. 1h 45m

Huh... Mckenna Grace makes this tempting...

> Twisted Date (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> An aspiring actress is an unwilling accomplice in a manslaughter, after a
> heist that her abusive boyfriend forced her to be involved in, goes wrong.
> She begins to live/work at a dry cleaners, where the rich and famous people
> she encounters daily, allow her to have a real chance at stardom, if her
> past doesn't catch up with her first.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt25177746/

I know Liz Fenning, but I don't think I know anyone else in this cast.

Sidenote: Interesting - Tubi doesn't have pages for upcoming releases.
IOW, this one does not have a Tubi page yet.

> Huesera: The Bone Woman (movie) (3:01 am, Shudder)
>
> Valeria has long dreamed about becoming a mother. After learning that she's
> pregnant, she expects to feel happy, yet something's off. 2022 film also
> available on Prime Video. 1h 37m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11718516/

Mexican film.

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Jane Mysteries: Inheritance Lost (movie) (9 pm, Hallmark
> M&M)
>
> Singer Jane DaSilva inherits the family foundation which is a non-profit
> detective agency that helps people who aren’t able to help themselves.
> Jane’s Aunt Sadie and Detective John Cameron act as her mentors as she
> takes on her first case surrounding a mother’s untimely death years before.
> As Jane investigates a multi-level marketing company that took advantage of
> her client’s fragile mom, she realizes that digging up the past can be
> dangerous. Stars Jodie Sweetin

And they lost me...

> and Stephen Huszar.

What is it with LMN and Liftime not showing new movies on Fridays and
Sundays right now?!!

> (end)

Re: May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming

<u3og4a$29sss$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185948&group=rec.arts.tv#185948

From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 10:07:22 -0700
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sat, 13 May 2023 17:07 UTC

On 2023-05-06 21:41:29 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> May 6-12: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Friday, May 12
>

> Streaming:
>

> Twisted Date (movie) (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> An aspiring actress is an unwilling accomplice in a manslaughter, after a
> heist that her abusive boyfriend forced her to be involved in, goes wrong.
> She begins to live/work at a dry cleaners, where the rich and famous people
> she encounters daily, allow her to have a real chance at stardom, if her
> past doesn't catch up with her first.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt25177746/

OK, either Robin missed one, or Tubi released a new movie *today* (i.e.
on a *Saturday* rather than a Friday!) - but a Tubi original movie
called "Nightalk" is now out.

According to this - https://decider.com/article/new-on-tubi/ - it was
actually released today, in which case it should be in Robin's list for
this week...