From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: CNBC Host Out Just Weeks After Her Complaint Led To NBC CEO’s Ouster
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 04:30:46 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 10 May 2023 08:30 UTC

CNBC anchor Hadley Gamble has reportedly left the network, just weeks after a
sexual harassment complaint she filed led to the abrupt exit of former
NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell.

Comcast, NBC�s parent company, released a statement confirming Gamble�s
departure.

CNBC says it is parting ways with @_HadleyGamble, the
anchor/correspondent who filed a sexual harassment complaint that
led to the firing of NBCU chief Jeff Shell.
pic.twitter.com/g5hRQnJt4k

� Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) May 9, 2023

�Gamble has been a distinguished journalist for more than a decade for CNBC,
undertaking highly visible and challenging assignments, and developing deep
expertise in the Middle East and beyond. Her initiative and drive have
secured valuable interviews with several world political leaders,� the
statement read. �We wish her every success in her future endeavors.�

Gamble filed her complaint prior to Shell�s ouster, claiming that the two had
been involved in an affair that began more than a decade earlier � after he
had spent years in pursuit of a sexual relationship with her. She claimed
that she had ultimately relented, agreeing to the relationship only because
she was afraid her career would suffer if she continued to refuse him.

�It became clear to her that rebutting his advances would probably damage her
career,� the complaint read.

According to a report from the New York Post, Gamble only filed the complaint
when she learned that her contract, which was set to expire, was going to be
allowed to lapse without renewal.

Comcast announced Shell�s exit on April 23, according to a report published
by Business Wire. �Comcast today announced that the Company and Jeff Shell,
Chief Executive Officer of NBCUniversal, have mutually agreed that Mr. Shell
will depart effective immediately following the Company�s investigation led
by outside counsel into a complaint of inappropriate conduct.�

Shell also released a statement at the time, admitting to the relationship.

�Today is my last day as CEO of NBCUniversal. I had an inappropriate
relationship with a woman in the company, which I deeply regret. I�m truly
sorry I let my Comcast and NBCUniversal colleagues down, they are the most
talented people in the business and the opportunity to work with them the
last 19 years has been a privilege,� he said.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: CNBC Host Out Just Weeks After Her Complaint Led To NBC CEO’s Ouster

<gu17M.3361361$GNG9.1150630@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185659&group=rec.arts.tv#185659

Subject: Re:_CNBC_Host_Out_Just_Weeks_After_Her_Complaint_Led_To
_NBC_CEO’s_Ouster
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 03:15:07 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 11 May 2023 08:15 UTC

On 5/10/23 5:28 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 May 2023 at 08:30:37 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> CNBC anchor Hadley Gamble has reportedly left the network, just weeks after a
>> sexual harassment complaint she filed led to the abrupt exit of former
>> NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell.
>>
>> Comcast, NBC’s parent company, released a statement confirming Gamble’s
>> departure.
>>
>> CNBC says it is parting ways with @_HadleyGamble, the
>> anchor/correspondent who filed a sexual harassment complaint that
>> led to the firing of NBCU chief Jeff Shell.
>> pic.twitter.com/g5hRQnJt4k
>>
>> — Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) May 9, 2023
>>
>> “Gamble has been a distinguished journalist for more than a decade for CNBC,
>> undertaking highly visible and challenging assignments, and developing deep
>> expertise in the Middle East and beyond. Her initiative and drive have
>> secured valuable interviews with several world political leaders,” the
>> statement read. “We wish her every success in her future endeavors.”
>>
>> Gamble filed her complaint prior to Shell’s ouster, claiming that the two had
>> been involved in an affair that began more than a decade earlier — after he
>> had spent years in pursuit of a sexual relationship with her. She claimed
>> that she had ultimately relented, agreeing to the relationship only because
>> she was afraid her career would suffer if she continued to refuse him.
>
> The patent whore's excuse. "I slept with him to further my career."

What the fuck is a "patent whore?" Your brain must have turned to
sludge by now.